Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

2b49d95d4a582cb4aa274d21aac855b4.jpg

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

It counts!

My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

Watch the biggest loser with a tub of Ben n Jerry's ;)

Me, too.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg

HA! I love this. Wasps are little *kitten*. Bees rule!
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

You could do that. I like Stronglifts 5X5. You can download an app to use and track your progress at stronglifts.com.

ETA: I was much too late to this. Sorry.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).

Wow, THIS got flagged as spam? I must have spammy pimples. ;)

That's what I was thinking when I saw it to. I thought maybe they were flagging you for "promoting" depo. IDK
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).

That's what I was thinking when I saw it to. I thought maybe they were flagging you for "promoting" depo. IDK
    I think sometimes people think it's the MFP 'Like' button.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.
    YES! I hate it too. I get stressed if I start working somewhere where the ladies loo is really busy all the time. I need quiet and solitude.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

I think sometimes people think it's the MFP 'Like' button.

*hurries to undo accidental flag on this post of Tubbs216's*

I want a like button in the forums.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I avoid making big noises in public bathrooms but if I do, I wait a few minutes before getting out, so hopefully the people who heard it will be gone by then.

For people following the whole PMS thing with me, went to the GYN today and he said the only things he can do is prescribe the pill or Prozac. Ugh. I guess I'll see how it goes next time (I also need to have an ultrasound in 2 months to recheck my ovarian cysts, he did mention the big C word, but my bloodwork was fine so I'm not too worried about it... yet).
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy

HUGS, lots and lots of HUGS!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I confess that I went to Giant & Target today to see if they had any of the new food I saw on www.theimpulsivebuy.com those enablers. Giant still doesn't have Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake but I did find some new yogurts to try & bought three packages of Barber Foods Apple & Creme Brie Stuffed Chicken breasts (those are freaking amazing)!

At Target I was on the lookout for some new food items but struck out there too. I really wanted to find their Cookie Spread ice cream or even their Cinnamon ice cream that comes in a pint & the Auntie Anne's frozen pockets that resemble a Hot Pocket. It wasn't a total bust since I found a few Evol frozen entrees to try, their Monster Cookie Dough ice cream, & a lot of cheap candy bars & Skinny Cow candy that was reduced to get rid of. I was also excited to finally find a pair of gingham short on sale!

you need to try the Lemoncello Chiffon Ice Cream at Giant!! on top of the sweet creamy lemony goodness it has chunks of cheesecake, and graham cracker crust swirls. *swoon*

i'm so sad that it's only for a limited time.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye This is probably really random, but it occurred to me last night that I somehow missed replying to all of your sweet posts to me about my depression and anxiety, and I just wanted to send you a big thank you for all of them. Your words were so kind. :) (A big thanks to anyone else who I somehow missed quoting personally!)

@Italian_Buju I'm so sorry about your degu. :( All of our pets have died naturally, so thankfully I've never had to feel the pain of making that decision for them.

Confession: I'm really tired today, and I haven't had enough sleep, so I'm being a whiney baby and also craving everything. We went to the supermarket and I swear I was like a five-year-old. I asked my husband to keep me away from things because I was tired and my will power was weak, but I was pointing every two seconds and saying... "Can I have that? How about that? Can I have that? Okay, okay, moving on... Oooh, CHEESECAKE! Can I have it?!" ;)

Unrelated confession: It makes me really annoyed when people who can't afford to splurge go and spend all their money on unnecessary things. Obviously it's their life, but it takes me back to childhood because that was my mom to a tee, and all of us kids went hungry because of it. All the time. It's also made me very frugal, and I hate spending money on myself for anything I feel is unnecessary--the horrible guilt that I feel when I spend money on myself (even when I can easily afford it) is worse than the joy of owning something new that I wanted.

Confession #3: I'm really not sure whether I can stay in my calorie goal today. I'm craving the world. But I'm trying!

*hugs and the such* ;)
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

This may have already been answered, but...

You do bench, rows and squats on Day One.

Then deadlift, OHP and squats on Day Two.

Then go back to Day One, rinse and repeat.

Take two rest days a week, at least. I only do SL 5X5 three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

ETA: If you don't know how to do one of the lifts correctly, Youtube it.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I covet my neighbors cheese cake...

Isn't that what any cheesecake that isn't yours for...coveting? :p
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't get as much walking in as usual during the day. I try to get my 10000 steps daily so I walked round and round my backyard in my pink flannel pajamas til I got there. My neighbour was outside cutting the grass watching me with a WTH look on his face. I just waved and kept going

You should have gone over there and taken over the mowing! That way you could get in your steps and he'd think you were even more crazy! Funny.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

Again way behind here- but wanted to say that I pick up the noodles with my fork then twirl it onto a spoon which helps get all the goodness in the bite you want. But I appreciate your description. Made me smile.

I used to love making spaghetti sandwiches with two slices of bread when I was younger.

I did this, but with one slice of bread used like a taco shell, buttered, then stuffed with spaghetti and meat sauce. Umm... all the best of a spaghetti dinner, way easier.

Oh yes! So much this!!!

It's even better when you butter the bread, sprinkle garlic powder and Italian seasoning on it and broil until the butter melts and the edges turn golden brown. Add spaghetti and eat like taco, nom.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

I didn't want this to pass unacknowledged. I bet your gifts were amazing and I bet (hope) the recipients were really touched at your thoughtfulness. It sucks when you don't feel that kind of energy coming back to you.
  • aisforamyaz
    aisforamyaz Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I started losing weight and getting fit because I want to be there for my kids...because I am afraid my husband won't be (overweight, smokes, drinks, has no plan on changing). I feel guilty that I am planning on surviving him.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

Still way behind, but this made me laugh! Yay for you!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't get as much walking in as usual during the day. I try to get my 10000 steps daily so I walked round and round my backyard in my pink flannel pajamas til I got there. My neighbour was outside cutting the grass watching me with a WTH look on his face. I just waved and kept going

You should have gone over there and taken over the mowing! That way you could get in your steps and he'd think you were even more crazy! Funny.

I might just do that next time :)