Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

I'm late on this but wanted to say this makes me sad that you changed who you are because other people aren't great gift givers and that hurt you. I'm sorry, because to me since it made you upset to even confess this, then that is who you are- a thoughtful loving person and it's sad that you choose not to be that person anymore (at least in a gift giving sense). hugs to you, but please be you. I feel this way sometimes too. I am a pretty thoughtful giftgiver and my husband is pretty bad. But his gift giving doesn't define how much he cares for me and loves me. I have to understand that. Shoot I have friends or family I gift great gives to every year and actually get nothing from them, but again I can't define their love for me with that gesture. I can see how that would hurt you and again I'm sorry you feel that way. more hugs to you.
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

I'm sorry you've gone through all of that. Ever thought of putting those awesome skills to use, though? You could become a personal shopper or consultant. People can contact you about whom they are shopping for, what their tastes are, their collections, etc. I think you'd be great at it!

and this is a great idea too! Using that talent that you have.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 hours away from my exam! I feel WAY more prepared for it than I did at this time last week. Go figure.

Confession: I intend to make poor choices following said exam on Saturday, regardless of how I think it went. :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:
    Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an *kitten* wife lol.
    Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.

You should see me at the lake. I am constantly moving my legs, and if something brushes against me I run to the shore so fast... I'm terrified of fish touching me. Any fish.

OMG, that's me too!!
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I *kitten* to take my mind off being hungry.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm always checking Petfinder, even though I can't really have another pet right now (our dog hates dogs, and my cat still goes outside and I want our next cats to be indoor).

ditto!
    i can barely handle the two lil beasts i have now, but i'm still always looking on petfinder...

At first I read this as breasts...sorry
  • RhondaRae21
    RhondaRae21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Now that my friend.. is commitment. I wish I had that kind of discipline in my life. Goal: To be a bit more like you my friend.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »

I've always wanted to be like 5'10. I'm so jealous of tall women, so gaining even an inch has me thrilled lol

Why? I am only 5'7" and it is insanely difficult finding a man of appropriate height (yes i am that shallow). Though I do not think I would want to be shorter... so never mind. Tallk people ftw

I'm 5'9", and my husband is the first guy I dated that was taller than me. For whatever reason, the only men who were ever interested in me were always shorter than me. ESPECIALLY when I was out dancing!

I'm 5'9" too, and my husband is 6'7". Many years ago I tried to date a guy who was shorter than me, but I just felt huge next to him and I couldn't imagine taking that feeling into the bedroom. Shut it down.

5'9" here too! Yeah, I couldn't do the shorter guy thing either. The thought of bending over to kiss him freaks me out! And yes, I realize that's irrational!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju, thinking of you! Hope all went as best as it could.

I know @Francl27 already mentioned it, but what is this new thing of taking me to the LAST post on this thread every time I come back to it? Then I have to scroll back to where I left off and I think I'm missing posts. (and, yes, I'm grateful that that is the only thing I have to complain about today)
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I've always wanted to be like 5'10. I'm so jealous of tall women, so gaining even an inch has me thrilled lol

Why? I am only 5'7" and it is insanely difficult finding a man of appropriate height (yes i am that shallow). Though I do not think I would want to be shorter... so never mind. Tallk people ftw

I'm 5'9", and my husband is the first guy I dated that was taller than me. For whatever reason, the only men who were ever interested in me were always shorter than me. ESPECIALLY when I was out dancing!

I'm 5'9" too, and my husband is 6'7". Many years ago I tried to date a guy who was shorter than me, but I just felt huge next to him and I couldn't imagine taking that feeling into the bedroom. Shut it down.

5'9" here too! Yeah, I couldn't do the shorter guy thing either. The thought of bending over to kiss him freaks me out! And yes, I realize that's irrational!

I never personally had a problem with it, I just always found the GUY had a problem with it (consciously or subconsciously). I was told numerous times by various guys that I wasn't "allowed" to wear heels. Uhhhhh excuse me?! I will wear heels if I choose to, mister!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    RHachicho wrote: »
    I *kitten* to take my mind off being hungry.

Whatever works! :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I never personally had a problem with it, I just always found the GUY had a problem with it (consciously or subconsciously). I was told numerous times by various guys that I wasn't "allowed" to wear heels. Uhhhhh excuse me?! I will wear heels if I choose to, mister!

I think we've gone here before...but my husband is totally cool with me wearing heels. Since I'm already 2+ inches taller than him, I feel gigantic. But if he doesn't care and I don't care, whatever!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

It 100% does! I weigh myself with nothing but my glasses on and that's just because I can't see the scale without them. :smiley:

I weigh myself with my glasses off, then step off the scale and put them back on to read it. >:) My scale keeps the reading on the screen for at least five minutes, so I can get away with not wearing my glasses. I'm sure they'd add TONS of weight to the reading, like... 40 whole grams or something! ;)

I weigh myself with my bracelet on and nothing else. AFTER determining my bracelet weighs .2 ounces. Which I always subtract!

I take off my wedding ring, necklace (if I'm wearing one), glasses, and even hair-ties when I'm desperate for a good weigh-in! I joked to my husband today that I should have clipped my nails, shaved my legs, and blown my nose before weighing again... ;)

I can definitely tell you are feeling better today...actually yesterday...because you are cracking me up!

One more question regarding the prayers that you say. Is it a specific prayer at each time or is it to give thanks for things in your life or do you pray for people you know?

The prayer is a ritual that remains the same, regardless of which prayer it is. We have three segments: The standing, ruku' (bowing), and sujood (prostration). During each segment, we speak specific words of praise and glorify God, giving thanks and asking for guidance and mercy. We can recite any chapter we wish from the Qur'an during the standing segment, but we have to begin with a certain one called "The Opening", or "Al-Fatiha". The differences in the prayers are the number of repetitions, or rakaat, that we perform, as well as the recommended length of recitation to be made during each prayer.

When the prayer is over, we say dua (supplications) if we wish to. This is where we can ask God for money, children, whatever aid we might need or wishes we might have, and pray for our friends and family as well in our own words. Dua is considered very powerful, and is called "The weapon of the believer". :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of this- I've learned some things in school and met a few people who were practicing Muslims but was always too uncomfortable to ask such questions thinking they may find me intrusive and rude. I really appreciate learning all of this about you and your religion/culture it's really neat!

You're very welcome! :) I love talking about Islam, and I could just go on and on about it, so it was quite fun to answer everyone's questions, especially when religion is such a taboo topic nowadays. :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    OUR THREAD GOT STICKIED!!!!!! <3:p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:
    Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an wife lol.
    Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.

You should see me at the lake. I am constantly moving my legs, and if something brushes against me I run to the shore so fast... I'm terrified of fish touching me. Any fish.

So I'm not the only one! I had to write an essay about classical conditioning and phobias in psychology once and I wrote about my catfish phobia. My professor actually told me later he had never heard of that before and thought it funny, but unique haha!

I have a really strange, but also extremely severe phobia that I'm almost sure nobody else shares, but I'll never ever admit to it in this thread. Very few people even know about it, maybe 4-5 including my sister and husband. :-/
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

It 100% does! I weigh myself with nothing but my glasses on and that's just because I can't see the scale without them. :smiley:

I weigh myself with my glasses off, then step off the scale and put them back on to read it. >:) My scale keeps the reading on the screen for at least five minutes, so I can get away with not wearing my glasses. I'm sure they'd add TONS of weight to the reading, like... 40 whole grams or something! ;)

I weigh myself with my bracelet on and nothing else. AFTER determining my bracelet weighs .2 ounces. Which I always subtract!

I take off my wedding ring, necklace (if I'm wearing one), glasses, and even hair-ties when I'm desperate for a good weigh-in! I joked to my husband today that I should have clipped my nails, shaved my legs, and blown my nose before weighing again... ;)

I can definitely tell you are feeling better today...actually yesterday...because you are cracking me up!

One more question regarding the prayers that you say. Is it a specific prayer at each time or is it to give thanks for things in your life or do you pray for people you know?

The prayer is a ritual that remains the same, regardless of which prayer it is. We have three segments: The standing, ruku' (bowing), and sujood (prostration). During each segment, we speak specific words of praise and glorify God, giving thanks and asking for guidance and mercy. We can recite any chapter we wish from the Qur'an during the standing segment, but we have to begin with a certain one called "The Opening", or "Al-Fatiha". The differences in the prayers are the number of repetitions, or rakaat, that we perform, as well as the recommended length of recitation to be made during each prayer.

When the prayer is over, we say dua (supplications) if we wish to. This is where we can ask God for money, children, whatever aid we might need or wishes we might have, and pray for our friends and family as well in our own words. Dua is considered very powerful, and is called "The weapon of the believer". :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of this- I've learned some things in school and met a few people who were practicing Muslims but was always too uncomfortable to ask such questions thinking they may find me intrusive and rude. I really appreciate learning all of this about you and your religion/culture it's really neat!

You're very welcome! :) I love talking about Islam, and I could just go on and on about it, so it was quite fun to answer everyone's questions, especially when religion is such a taboo topic nowadays. :)

Which only perpetuates the constant misunderstandings and disagreements. We are very grateful for all you have taught us and hopefully will continue to. However, I cannot get "spammy pimples" out of my mind every time I see you post.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    OUR THREAD GOT STICKIED!!!!!! <3:p

Woo hoo!!!!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I think we've gone here before...but my husband is totally cool with me wearing heels. Since I'm already 2+ inches taller than him, I feel gigantic. But if he doesn't care and I don't care, whatever!

That's fantastic! Only a jerk (like the guys I used to date) would care about it anyway :smiley:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Which only perpetuates the constant misunderstandings and disagreements. We are very grateful for all you have taught us and hopefully will continue to. However, I cannot get "spammy pimples" out of my mind every time I see you post.

Well, at least I'm memorable, right?! ;)
  • Yasmaynee
    Yasmaynee Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    I feel sexy in my Lycra cycling kit. Wife sez she is leaving me if I shave my legs though so at least there is a limit to my sezy metro man proclivitys.

Hahahahaha love it