Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    All these shoplifting confessions reminded me that I stole money from my parents a few times, just a random $20 here and there from the cash they kept in a drawer. That was one of the benefits of alcoholic parents, they could never rely on their memory. God only knows what I wanted the money for, I always had part-time jobs.

I also stole money from one of my employers as a teenager. By then I had left home and was supporting myself so I was also dirt poor most of the time... but could I have saved some money by giving up smoking? Noooo... I opted to steal instead. At least it never amounted to much, probably about $100 in total. But I am incredibly ashamed of that behaviour and the guilt has weighed on me for over 30 years.

Hey, I hope this confession thread has absolved you of your guilt :)

Somewhat, although I have continued to patronize my former employer (a drycleaner) all this time in the hope that having my business has made up for the loss all those years ago. My way of trying to make amends.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.

I confess, all the Oreo thread makes me want to do is eat Oreos.

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)

Is that what it is?? I've been wondering what the jail thing is about. I thought it was a new thing you could have, I didn't realise it's punishment for nasty people.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession: I haven't been sleeping well lately. I am assuming this is due to my lack of exercise and stress at work. On Tuesday I couldn't sleep and it was day 10 of my Amish bread mixture fermenting. So I was up at 4:30 making Amish Bread muffins. I still made it to work by 7. This morning it is just past 3:30 a.m. and I am wide awake and catching up on this thread. I can count on one hand how many times I have had exercise in the past two weeks and I am very irritable about it. also TOM came with a vengeance and I have been stabby to everyone for two weeks now. I wish my office was open this early so I could get some stuff done without the phone always ringing.

2. Some days I wish I had more of a warehouse job so I could get my exercise in by just going to work. Also, so I wouldn't really have to think.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Another sleep confession: I watch too much Air Crash Investigations (Mayday in Canada). My dreams last night were styled as ACI episodes, compete with waking up every darned hour. Including one frantic spider-search because my dream had just faded out to that point if you're not sure if it's real or you're still asleep and there was a redback in my bed in my dream. Yeah, idk either.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Well that sounds absolutely horrifying. Our front path to the street goes between two hedges and there is always a spider web there first thing in the morning in Autumn (fall) and I completely freak out when I walk through it. But I always forget, so it will happen the next morning. I never learn!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

*snort*

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession I work in retail & cannot believe how many people send money to countries like Nigeria, Ghana, United Kingdom, etc.

WHAT? People send US money? Cause as far as I can tell, the UK seems to be propping up the rest of the world with our F**KING taxes. Someone released the list of how much money is donated to what country and I sat there thinking "Well no wonder the NHS is going down the tank, all our money is going to someone else's fracking health care!" Rant over. Have a nice day :smile:
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

*snort*

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Horse flies look like a regular house fly only about twice the size, still prefer those over deer flies though those little *kitten* can all die in a volcano.

• kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I regained all 25kg I had lost - and then a few more. It only took me a year to gain it back. Now I am working on losing it again (7kg down, 24 to go)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Congrats FluffySandwich!

@spamarie do you drink sounds and stuff too?

I can't stand creamy sauces, but I eat most things wet. When I was younger I was super picky and refused to eat many many things. I like other picky people, because it makes me feel more normal.

I know what you mean! I married a fellow picky eater. We didn't meet at 'picky eaters anonymous', it was a fluke. It's fine by me though, as he's in no position to judge my weirdness. We're both actually quite healthy eaters due to our pickiness (neither of us like pizza or cream or lots of other stuff people rave about) so there's very little motivation to change.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

...speaking of which --

http://allthesmallthingsminiatures.tumblr.com/post/27831810208/g00dbyel0ve-dollhouse-orange-pancakes-by

(...'portion control' taken to an extreme... ;) )

:)

I make dollhouse miniature food. I always joke it looks tasty AND it's zero calories. I'm so lame. :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession I work in retail & cannot believe how many people send money to countries like Nigeria, Ghana, United Kingdom, etc.

WHAT? People send US money? Cause as far as I can tell, the UK seems to be propping up the rest of the world with our F**KING taxes. Someone released the list of how much money is donated to what country and I sat there thinking "Well no wonder the NHS is going down the tank, all our money is going to someone else's fracking health care!" Rant over. Have a nice day :smile:

I work at a place that does Western Union too.....they are not sending it to the country per se, they are sending it to people scamming them out of their money.....I always ask 3000 question when someone sends to a country they do not seem to be affiliated with......
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I loathe the word shoplifting. It's like they're trying to find a cutesy way to say "I'm a rotten little thief", but oh no, we can't call teens thieves, we can't tell them the truth that they're stealing and acting like criminals, we'll dress it up in some cutesy phrase so that subconsciously we teach them their behaviour is okay because they're just teenagers aww how cute!

I worked in retail for a number of years. Thieves infuriate me, and so many of the teens we busted didn't even care, because they knew they'd get a slap on the wrist (if anything) from the courts/their parents, and they got to go round bragging to all their friends about how cool they were for shoplifting. ARRRRRGH.

My favorites are the people who steal stuff & then try to return the items to get a gift card or money.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I dreamed that I went to several French bakeries last night. And only bought one thing (seriously, moderation, in my dreams??). Was going to bite in my pastry and my husband's restless leg syndrome woke me up. I was peeved. A visit to a local French bakery might be in order today, but with the healthy filling breakfast I had, I'm not sure how I'm going to find the calories for it.

Plus I'm finally losing water weight after 2 months and I really don't want to screw it up. But gosh I want a French pastry.
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2015
    Options

I work at a place that does Western Union too.....they are not sending it to the country per se, they are sending it to people scamming them out of their money.....I always ask 3000 question when someone sends to a country they do not seem to be affiliated with......

OH the dodgy emails where people pretending to be their long lost cousins, sons, dogs aunt and "I've lost a leg and can't get health care please send money blah blah blah". Argh I hate them. They best one I got was
    "Hi I'm your cousin Johnathen and I'm sad to say my mum (your aunt) has just died, but we have inherited £500,000 EACH! All you need to do is give me your account details and I will send it over to you!" F * * K O F F. I hope you get buried alive you thieving *I don't have a word angry enough*
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2015
    Options

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/scs/internet_scams.html

Nigeria & Ghana would be the biggest ones we have people sending money to that are scams, but I have had a few people sending to the U.K. that you can tell they're being scammed out of money.

On Sunday I had a man come in & say that 'someone' he apparently knew (he obviously didn't) didn't receive the almost $2,000 he sent them through a wire transfer. I called the company that deals with the transfers & they said the people picked it up which meant the fraudsters were trying to hustle more money out of him.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/scs/internet_scams.html

Nigeria & Ghana would be the biggest ones we have people sending money to that are scams, but I have had a few people sending to the U.K. that you can tell they're being scammed out of money.

On Sunday I had a man come in & say that 'someone' he apparently knew (he obviously didn't) didn't receive the almost $2,000 he sent them through a wire transfer. I called the company that deals with the transfers & they said the people picked it up which meant the people were probably trying to hustle more money out of him.

Yea, see rant above. lol I don't know how the scammers live with themselves.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2015
    Options

I can always tell when someone is going to send to another country when they have all the info wrote down. It's sad, but in this day & age there's so many TV specials, internet stories, & newspaper articles about these scams that you would think people would wise up.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »

*snort*

Horse flies look like a regular house fly only about twice the size, still prefer those over deer flies though those little *kitten* can all die in a volcano.

OMG, deer flies. Even though the gnat swarms that are out and about now are terrible, the deer flies are effing awful. Ah, the spring and summer time joys of living next to a wetland basin.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I can always tell when someone is going to send to another country when they have all the info wrote down. It's sad, but in this day & age there's so many TV specials, internet stories, & newspaper articles about these scams that you would think people would wise up.

Some people just want so desperately to believe it is true. Last year I had an elderly woman and her son come in claiming they had won a million dollars and had to send money for fees so their money could be released. It took me well over an hour to even get her to doubt it was true. I had someone from Western Union talk to her on the phone and explain what was happening. I told her if she won money it would never cost her money to get it etc. Even after three of us talking to her for that long, at the end, she still kept saying she was hopeful it was true.