Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xkime
    xkime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Confessions of a carbohydrate addict...I love everything fattening and hate healthy foods. I am the world's best yo-yo dieter. I start for like a day and make an excuse to fall off. No more. I've said that a million times but I will NOT let myself get to 200 lbs.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    To avoid judgment, I don't tell friends/family how hard I work at diet & exercise. Then I don't have to listen to their input. I own my success or failure. :o
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I blame Dean Winchester for making me have Chinese yesterday. I always get mad cravings when I watch Supernatural...

Surprised it wasn't PIE. lol or PUDDING!! lol OMG I could watch Supernatural all day everyday (and I have... lol)
    I love Supernatural. I drive my DOH! nuts with it. Whenever I do something stupid, I throw my hands in the air and say, "Pudding!" (He is a "Men in Black" so when he does something stupid he says, "I put my pants on".)

I jointed my gym so I can watch Supernatural in the afternoon while I workout.

I like your thinking!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You do not suck. You are awesome! Tomorrow is another day!

I echo this! It's just one day at a time and we all slip. You are going to rock that mountain!

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling food wise at the moment :(

So am I. :( At this point I've been really worrying that I'll gain back everything I've lost (over sixty pounds, almost 30 kilos) if I can't somehow get whatever's messed up in my head fixed. :-/ I've already gained 10 kilos in the past few months... Even while struggling to stay "on the wagon"!

Hugs to both of you!!

You can do it! I have confidence in you both. :)

I agree!! Just keep getting back on that wagon! You've got this! :)

That's what I keep doing... It's probably the only thing that has stopped me from gaining back a LOT more than what I've gained. :-/ But my head feels so... Out of the game. I can't seem to get up any kind of motivation or willpower, and I just want to stuff my face half the time! Also, I'm having an unusual amount of hunger lately. :(
    I feel for you. I did this last year and gained back every single pound I'd lost, plus two for luck, ending up at my heaviest ever.
    I can't explain why - it was almost like I had a detached interest in watching from outside my body to see what would happen. I weighed myself regularly and watched my weight go up, yet did nothing about it. I ate every single thing I wanted. And it wasn't even binges, just eating a lot of rich food, often. :/ This is how I know I HAVE to stay on the ball, or I'll be destined to always be heavier than I'd like.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I confess that tonight I am irritated that my daughter's sister is coming here asking me for food (again), after spending all her (and her boyfriends) money on a dog they had for a week and had no business having at all.

On top of that, she just found out she is pregnant, and nobody except her and the boyfriend are happy about it. My daughter and I are both mortified....

She is 22, lives in a motel room, on assistance, and has a trustee to handle her money as she cannot even do that herself.....her boyfriend works full time at a fast food joint, and the second they get any money they are out blowing it. They do not have a pot to piss in, and now are gonna have a baby....

She is mentally slow, her mentality is that of about a 13 year old.....God help that baby, and everyone else that is gonna be affected by it.....

She needs to be involved with child protection services, even before there's a child. They can develop a plan to get her connected with support and educational services like prenatal nutrition... and assess her (both of their) parenting ability. If it is determined that the baby will be in need of protection, it can be apprehended at birth.

It must be rough having so many reminders of Little Rodent Boy. I've always had two dogs so they have company when I'm not around and when I lose one there's never been any question about getting another one, I don't want the remaining dog to be lonely. And it's kind of diverting to think about a new puppy.

I've had pet rats and they're amazingly intelligent and affectionate little things, but their lifespan isn't very long, Same with guinea pigs. A friend of mine had one of the lop eared bunnies and it was very cute but didn't interact much. If I was to get any kind of caged animal, it would be a chinchilla... I've always liked them. I knew a woman who had several and would often bring one out and about with her, tucked into her jacket.

Tonight's confession: I am eating a yogurt that is almost two months past its best before date. There are three more from the same batch and I fully intend to eat those too. I'm too cheap to throw them out a buy new ones. They look/smell/taste fine... and I've done this many times before with no ill effects.

Hopefully I don't end up confessing to a bout of food poisoning in the next couple of days.

CPP will be involved for sure....I cannot imagine that they would not. She was a crown ward and like I said, even now has a trustee that doles out her money weekly to her, so I am sure they are gonna be on top of this. The whole situation is just very stressful.

I would love to have rats, but my cat has a really strong hunting instinct cuz she was outside very young trying to survive for several days. I had to be really careful with my little rodent because no matter what she was doing, even if she was 'missing' all day, the second I took him out she was trying to touch him.....and even got close enough to lick him twice, and once leaped at him while my son was holding him. I would be scared to have rats.

Right now, to be honest, I am leaning towards not getting another pet at all. I don't think anything would be totally safe around my bratty cat, she does not have claws, so anything in the cage is safe, but if it is an animal that often wants time outside the cage, she could bite them.

That was one of my favorite things about my rodent....he was not scared of the cat at all....she would go up to the side of the cage and touch him, and he would not back down, he would just stand there and mouth off at her, and twice actually made her jump back! Now she keep going up to the cage and looking in, from every angle she can, often.....it makes me kinda sad....I do not have anywhere to store the cage as I live in an apartment and we have a lot of stuff so my storage is all full. Once I am 100% sure of what I am doing, I will either get an animal, or sell the cage.

I confess I had a second binge at bedtime last night....not as bad as the night before, but that seems to be when I get really sad....usually at bedtime I would wheel him into my room and often have snuggles in bed before going to sleep....I really have to get this eating under control.....today is a new day.....

I also eat yogurt after its due date.....it stays fresh for WAY longer than people think, as long as it is sealed and not sour or moldy, it is fine to eat! "Best before" dates are really just sell before dates, and most things can be eaten well after that.....dry goods for over a year after that.....the only one to really pay attention to is fresh meat.....
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    To avoid judgment, I don't tell friends/family how hard I work at diet & exercise. Then I don't have to listen to their input. I own my success or failure. :o
    I actually think that's an excellent policy.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I confess that tonight I am irritated that my daughter's sister is coming here asking me for food (again), after spending all her (and her boyfriends) money on a dog they had for a week and had no business having at all.

On top of that, she just found out she is pregnant, and nobody except her and the boyfriend are happy about it. My daughter and I are both mortified....

She is 22, lives in a motel room, on assistance, and has a trustee to handle her money as she cannot even do that herself.....her boyfriend works full time at a fast food joint, and the second they get any money they are out blowing it. They do not have a pot to piss in, and now are gonna have a baby....

She is mentally slow, her mentality is that of about a 13 year old.....God help that baby, and everyone else that is gonna be affected by it.....

It's totally understandable that you are irritated by this. What is mental capacity of the boyfriend...just curious. My brother has three kids by three different girls and the whole situation is a mess. My mom asked a couple weeks ago, how would we ever have a family reunion? She's divorced from my dad and i don't get along with my step-sisters. How is a family reunion even something that you're worried about? I love my mom but sometimes her train of thought is...wacked!

He is definitely better than her, but does not have as much control over spending/saving or priorities. He seems like a good kid, the first boyfriend she has ever had that we do not all hate, and that isn't a drug head and actually works, but he has zero family support and never had anyone to teach him anything......

That is strange about what your mom said, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Ok, I made a group! It's open to all for now. Let's see how that goes.

I can't figure out how to become a member of the group. I know I don't post much, but please don't leave me behind!

There should be a green "join this group" button under the group name and description (using Tubbs216's link). Just click that button and you're in!
    Sent you an invite. Anyone else who wants to join but can't figure out how, send me a PM. Otherwise, this is the link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul
    It's an open group so anyone can join. Not too much happening over there right now though!

Glad you posted the link again, I just joined, just in case something happens to this thread!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Question for Susie: How's it worked out when Ramadan will be? I know it's coming up soon. Is it extra challenging when it falls during a month with long days? Right now it doesn't get dark until about 10pm, and dawn is super early - that's a really long day. Do people ever grumble?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

She needs to be involved with child protection services, even before there's a child. They can develop a plan to get her connected with support and educational services like prenatal nutrition... and assess her (both of their) parenting ability. If it is determined that the baby will be in need of protection, it can be apprehended at birth.

It must be rough having so many reminders of Little Rodent Boy. I've always had two dogs so they have company when I'm not around and when I lose one there's never been any question about getting another one, I don't want the remaining dog to be lonely. And it's kind of diverting to think about a new puppy.

I've had pet rats and they're amazingly intelligent and affectionate little things, but their lifespan isn't very long, Same with guinea pigs. A friend of mine had one of the lop eared bunnies and it was very cute but didn't interact much. If I was to get any kind of caged animal, it would be a chinchilla... I've always liked them. I knew a woman who had several and would often bring one out and about with her, tucked into her jacket.

Tonight's confession: I am eating a yogurt that is almost two months past its best before date. There are three more from the same batch and I fully intend to eat those too. I'm too cheap to throw them out a buy new ones. They look/smell/taste fine... and I've done this many times before with no ill effects.

Hopefully I don't end up confessing to a bout of food poisoning in the next couple of days.

I had a chinchilla. They are wonderful little pets that can be letterbox trained for urine (they poop anywhere but their poop is little hard pellets so no big deal. They can learn their names and commands. They are best in pairs (I found this out after I had my one). I thought about getting a pair again but worried the cats might kill them. :(

Aren't chinchillas nocturnal? I remember when we were deciding on a pet before, we choose degu over chinchilla because we read that they sleep all day and are only up at night.....I did not think it would be much fun to have a pet that was sleeping all the time I was awake, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. It's almost exactly the same with my sister. I am dreading her new baby being born in October. I fully expect to be caring for it by Christmas

:(
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. It's almost exactly the same with my sister. I am dreading her new baby being born in October. I fully expect to be caring for it by Christmas

Are social services involved in both of these situations?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Wow. So I am going onto page 58... out of 808. -.-

Anyway... my confessions.

I don't own a food scale. I am still averaging a pound a week, and I overestimate things to cover myself, as well as instead of setting my calories at a low level, I have a maximum goal, and I usually don't reach that, so I figure I have room for errors. :)

I don't cook(I can throw frozen stuff in the oven, that's about it.. lol), my dad cooks my meals. Which is another reason I don't use a food scale, he thinks weighing food is dumb. lol He did lose a lot of weight when I was a teenager and has kept most of it off, so I trust his instincts. Although, he tends to go heavy on the portions. Luckily I only eat 2 meals a day, without snacks mostly. So even having more than one portion I can stay within my calories!

I have depression, anxiety and a history of eating disorders. Every time I start watching calories I get extremely obsessed. But I seem to be at a point now where I am relaxing a little more about it, as long as I don't go over too much, or gain weight.

I have Selective Eating Disorder and there are maybe 20 +/- foods that I can eat or be around without gagging. This makes things harder because what I can eat tends to be higher calorie, but if I stay away from cookies and stuff I am usually safe. This also made low carb reallllly hard--all I was eating was breadless bacon cheeseburgers, bacon, sausage, egg, ham, meatballs, and chicken legs, oh and pepperoni and cheese and peanuts. Since I added carbs back I didn't gain, and I'm pretty much losing at the same pace, so I'm so not denying myself carbs if it doesn't give me an advantage. :) I also stopped snacking on peanuts since I added carbs back, so I am actually less hungry since I'm not snacking. lol

I tend to write extremely long posts. (as you can tell.) lol

I think that's it for now. :)

Welcome.....I am impressed that you are reading all the posts from the beginning!! Hello when you get here!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I also eat yogurt after its due date.....it stays fresh for WAY longer than people think, as long as it is sealed and not sour or moldy, it is fine to eat! "Best before" dates are really just sell before dates, and most things can be eaten well after that.....dry goods for over a year after that.....the only one to really pay attention to is fresh meat.....

This isn't the first time I've eaten stuff after its date... usually stuff that's sealed, as you say... as long as it looks and smells the same as it did before, I figure it's harmless. This is probably just the oldest dairy product I've had, lol.

Pretty common for me to have trouble using up something when I'm alone in the household half the time. And, hell, it says "BEST before" not "DO NOT EAT after" so I figure I'm just not eating it at its best, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Are social services involved in both of these situations?

In 'my' situation, she literally just found out yesterday, so not yet, but I am guessing they will be soon.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My confession for today is that I am troubled that we never got to hear more about the 'three puddings for company' rule that was posted early in the thread.......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My confession for today is that I am troubled that we never got to hear more about the 'three puddings for company' rule that was posted early in the thread.......
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Question for Susie: How's it worked out when Ramadan will be? I know it's coming up soon. Is it extra challenging when it falls during a month with long days? Right now it doesn't get dark until about 10pm, and dawn is super early - that's a really long day. Do people ever grumble?

Ramadan follows the lunar calendar. :) It's the ninth month of the lunar calendar, so it gets a little earlier every (Gregorian) year, by about two weeks. For the last several years, it's been falling in the summer, so it's definitely a harder time for fasting. :) This year it's expected to fall on the 18th, but it doesn't officially start until someone sights the crescent moon, marking the beginning of the new lunar month.

It's mostly challenging when it's HOT. In Saudi Arabia, we almost always have 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of dark, so the time doesn't change significantly--but being thirsty in the middle of summer can be killer! As for the hours, a Muslim friend of mine who lives in Finland actually has to fast for 21 hours! Imagine trying to fit all of your calories into a three-hour window... ;) But she says that she doesn't have a huge issue with hunger--most people tend to get more thirsty than hungry, because being dehydrated can sometimes kill your appetite.

Our fasting window will be from 3:20 AM until about 6:30 PM, which will gradually get earlier as the month goes on, because the sun is beginning to set earlier at this point. It usually gets earlier by about one minute every two days or so. :) It's not really very hard unless you get up really early--It'll be about a 10 hour fasting window for me.

As for grumbling, that's one of the main challenges of Ramadan. You're told to be especially kind, helpful, merciful, and respectful during the Holy month, as well as doing extra worship. Being a better version of yourself when you're hungry and thirsty is DIFFICULT. The smokers and caffeine addicts tend to be really nasty in Ramadan, but acting nastily or rudely takes away from the reward of your fast. Whining that you're hungry and thirsty is perfectly acceptable, though... ;);)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You do not suck. You are awesome! Tomorrow is another day!

I echo this! It's just one day at a time and we all slip. You are going to rock that mountain!

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling food wise at the moment :(

So am I. :( At this point I've been really worrying that I'll gain back everything I've lost (over sixty pounds, almost 30 kilos) if I can't somehow get whatever's messed up in my head fixed. :-/ I've already gained 10 kilos in the past few months... Even while struggling to stay "on the wagon"!

Hugs to both of you!!

You can do it! I have confidence in you both. :)

I agree!! Just keep getting back on that wagon! You've got this! :)

That's what I keep doing... It's probably the only thing that has stopped me from gaining back a LOT more than what I've gained. :-/ But my head feels so... Out of the game. I can't seem to get up any kind of motivation or willpower, and I just want to stuff my face half the time! Also, I'm having an unusual amount of hunger lately. :(
    I feel for you. I did this last year and gained back every single pound I'd lost, plus two for luck, ending up at my heaviest ever.
    I can't explain why - it was almost like I had a detached interest in watching from outside my body to see what would happen. I weighed myself regularly and watched my weight go up, yet did nothing about it. I ate every single thing I wanted. And it wasn't even binges, just eating a lot of rich food, often. :/ This is how I know I HAVE to stay on the ball, or I'll be destined to always be heavier than I'd like.

I don't weigh myself when I know my weight is going up. :-/ It keeps me from being accountable if I can't see it, I guess! As for me, I do care and the gain is upsetting me, but I can't seem to get my hunger/will power/motivation to cooperate with my brain! I get all fired up every morning about how I'm going to do great, but then it starts falling apart as the day goes on. Especially on days like today, where I'm JUST. SO. HUNGRY. Nothing is filling me up!

I've wiped out most of my deficit this week, I only have two days' worth of deficit. :-/ I have lost a TON of water weight and glycogen/waste, though, which is encouraging--I'm much less bloated now. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Ramadan follows the lunar calendar. :) It's the ninth month of the lunar calendar, so it gets a little earlier every (Gregorian) year, by about two weeks. For the last several years, it's been falling in the summer, so it's definitely a harder time for fasting. :) This year it's expected to fall on the 18th, but it doesn't officially start until someone sights the crescent moon, marking the beginning of the new lunar month.

It's mostly challenging when it's HOT. In Saudi Arabia, we almost always have 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of dark, so the time doesn't change significantly--but being thirsty in the middle of summer can be killer! As for the hours, a Muslim friend of mine who lives in Finland actually has to fast for 21 hours! Imagine trying to fit all of your calories into a three-hour window... ;) But she says that she doesn't have a huge issue with hunger--most people tend to get more thirsty than hungry, because being dehydrated can sometimes kill your appetite.

Our fasting window will be from 3:20 AM until about 6:30 PM, which will gradually get earlier as the month goes on, because the sun is beginning to set earlier at this point. It usually gets earlier by about one minute every two days or so. :) It's not really very hard unless you get up really early--It'll be about a 10 hour fasting window for me.

As for grumbling, that's one of the main challenges of Ramadan. You're told to be especially kind, helpful, merciful, and respectful during the Holy month, as well as doing extra worship. Being a better version of yourself when you're hungry and thirsty is DIFFICULT. The smokers and caffeine addicts tend to be really nasty in Ramadan, but acting nastily or rudely takes away from the reward of your fast. Whining that you're hungry and thirsty is perfectly acceptable, though... ;);)
    Interesting! Thanks for explaining. It sounds like it should be easy to lose weight during this time, but I understand that the food is fabulous once the fast is broken.
    I live in a city which has a major event in July every year (Calgary Stampede), and last year all the cab drivers - who are primarily Muslim - were complaining that it was hard to keep up with the extra demand while they were hungry and thirsty! Also our mayor is Muslim (GO NENSHI! We love him!) and he said it was tricky to meet some of his mayoral responsibilities during Ramadan. It's kind of a requirement to be seen on TV eating giant deep-fried turkey legs, attending all the Stampede breakfasts that are held across the city etc. I have no idea how he finds the time and place to pray. He's a busy guy!