Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    We have a birthday party to go to today at 2, and I can assure you that there will be yummy foods eaten today. I even made sure my breakfast and dinner will be light to *hopefully* offset the damage I do for lunch. ;)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    My mom and brother should have landed in Montreal by now, and my grandparents are coming at 3. I'm nervous about seeing my grandparents because I NEVER do. I grew up closer to my mom's side of the family and never really got to know my dad's side, so I'm nervous and will probably act awkwardly around them.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

How sweet
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.
    Shark week seems a little harsh to me.

I pretty much just say I jave my period. I had a friend who called it her little friend which I always thought was weird to me it is an enemy. Time of month makes sense to me too. Shark week is weird.

My mom used to call it the "visitor", which bothered me for some reason. I usually call it Aunt Flo or that time of month.

I weighed myself again today, and the scale says I've lost like 2lbs since yesterday. It said 197.6 yesterday and I just weighed and it said 195.2. May just be water weight, but I'll take it! :laugh:

Is it bad that I weigh myself daily? It's pretty much the only way I stay focused on this. Lol.
    Great loss!
    I don't know if it's bad, but I weigh myself ALL the time. Pretty much any time I find myself naked in the bathroom. First thing in the morning - weigh, shower after a run - weigh, getting ready for bed - weigh. I actually like to watch the fluctuations - this way I know I'm always at least 2lbs heavier at night than I am in the morning. I also know when I'm retaining water due to sodium from the day before (hopefully that's why I'm up a pound today).

Same here. It's rare if I only weigh once a day...it's usually more like 3-4. And for the same reasons...I just like to see the amounts of food or especially when eating takeout(with massive amounts of sodium).

I'm the same way...I like to learn how my body handles things. I weigh probably 4 times a day.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I confess that at the "leisurely pace" as defined by MFP I feel like I am practically running. This is because I am practically running. I don't know if it is because I am very short or because I really suck at walking.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

Yay!!

Lots of variety for your trip.

It will be so nice. I don't think I've ever had multiple swimsuits before. I'm mildly excited about wearing them too. Not super excited about having to shave my bikini area however. :/

Wax it. Now, so the skin has time to adjust by the time it goes on display.

If you can find a sugaring kit, even better. It cleans up a lot easier than wax.

eta spelling

Don't even need a kit - use the second recipe:
    https://diysalon.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/diy-sugaring/
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's just me reporting in from the past (where I still dwell). Back here it is 5:40 p.m. June 3, and I fear I will never catch up on this thread. So here ya go, an update and an observation from the past.

Update: I have been wearing what I thought were very daring and cute new glasses for two solid weeks, and not one single person has noticed. Not even friends and family members!

Observation: Y'all are just great, you know that? This thread is like a four-month-long cocktail party/therapy session. It has lots of laughs and witty observations, but also lots of bonding and shared experiences among a lot of people who likely wouldn't have met any other way. Every once in a while there are flashes of brilliance, like when q(pianokeys)d responded to susieq_1994's post about bleak depression. I was flabbergasted that a stranger would be so kind and incisive on a public forum. Then I realized there's a lot of that kind of kindness floating around in this thread. That's a big part of what makes it so great.

There's that kind of brilliance, and then there's the lady who hid a pint of ice cream in a frozen vegetable bag. Brilliant!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Nothing to confess today! Just wanted to say that I've been reading everything and trying to keep up this weekend! Phew it's tough! I'm looking forward to doing nothing at work tomorrow while chatting with everyone :)<3
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's just me reporting in from the past (where I still dwell). Back here it is 5:40 p.m. June 3, and I fear I will never catch up on this thread. So here ya go, an update and an observation from the past.

Update: I have been wearing what I thought were very daring and cute new glasses for two solid weeks, and not one single person has noticed. Not even friends and family members!

Observation: Y'all are just great, you know that? This thread is like a four-month-long cocktail party/therapy session. It has lots of laughs and witty observations, but also lots of bonding and shared experiences among a lot of people who likely wouldn't have met any other way. Every once in a while there are flashes of brilliance, like when q(pianokeys)d responded to susieq_1994's post about bleak depression. I was flabbergasted that a stranger would be so kind and incisive on a public forum. Then I realized there's a lot of that kind of kindness floating around in this thread. That's a big part of what makes it so great.

There's that kind of brilliance, and then there's the lady who hid a pint of ice cream in a frozen vegetable bag. Brilliant!

Now I want the like button!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

That is wonderful! A perfect way to spend a Sunday!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Question for Susie: How's it worked out when Ramadan will be? I know it's coming up soon. Is it extra challenging when it falls during a month with long days? Right now it doesn't get dark until about 10pm, and dawn is super early - that's a really long day. Do people ever grumble?

Ramadan follows the lunar calendar. :) It's the ninth month of the lunar calendar, so it gets a little earlier every (Gregorian) year, by about two weeks. For the last several years, it's been falling in the summer, so it's definitely a harder time for fasting. :) This year it's expected to fall on the 18th, but it doesn't officially start until someone sights the crescent moon, marking the beginning of the new lunar month.

It's mostly challenging when it's HOT. In Saudi Arabia, we almost always have 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of dark, so the time doesn't change significantly--but being thirsty in the middle of summer can be killer! As for the hours, a Muslim friend of mine who lives in Finland actually has to fast for 21 hours! Imagine trying to fit all of your calories into a three-hour window... ;) But she says that she doesn't have a huge issue with hunger--most people tend to get more thirsty than hungry, because being dehydrated can sometimes kill your appetite.

Our fasting window will be from 3:20 AM until about 6:30 PM, which will gradually get earlier as the month goes on, because the sun is beginning to set earlier at this point. It usually gets earlier by about one minute every two days or so. :) It's not really very hard unless you get up really early--It'll be about a 10 hour fasting window for me.

As for grumbling, that's one of the main challenges of Ramadan. You're told to be especially kind, helpful, merciful, and respectful during the Holy month, as well as doing extra worship. Being a better version of yourself when you're hungry and thirsty is DIFFICULT. The smokers and caffeine addicts tend to be really nasty in Ramadan, but acting nastily or rudely takes away from the reward of your fast. Whining that you're hungry and thirsty is perfectly acceptable, though... ;);)

We have IT folks at work who follow this. I was always amazed at no eating or drinking. I could survive the food but I drink a TON. Going thirsty definitely makes me cranky.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Wow. So I am going onto page 58... ounot of 808. -.-

Anyway... my confessions.

I don't own a food scale. I am still averaging a pound a week, and I overestimate things to cover myself, as well as instead of setting my calories at a low level, I have a maximum goal, and I usually don't reach that, so I figure I have room for errors. :)

I don't cook(I can throw frozen stuff in the oven, that's about it.. lol), my dad cooks my meals. Which is another reason I don't use a food scale, he thinks weighing food is dumb. lol He did lose a lot of weight when I was a teenager and has kept most of it off, so I trust his instincts. Although, he tends to go heavy on the portions. Luckily I only eat 2 meals a day, without snacks mostly. So even having more than one portion I can stay within my calories!

I have depression, anxiety and a history of eating disorders. Every time I start watching calories I get extremely obsessed. But I seem to be at a point now where I am relaxing a little more about it, as long as I don't go over too much, or gain weight.

I have Selective Eating Disorder and there are maybe 20 +/- foods that I can eat or be around without gagging. This makes things harder because what I can eat tends to be higher calorie, but if I stay away from cookies and stuff I am usually safe. This also made low carb reallllly hard--all I was eating was breadless bacon cheeseburgers, bacon, sausage, egg, ham, meatballs, and chicken legs, oh and pepperoni and cheese and peanuts. Since I added carbs back I didn't gain, and I'm pretty much losing at the same pace, so I'm so not denying myself carbs if it doesn't give me an advantage. :) I also stopped snacking on peanuts since I added carbs back, so I am actually less hungry since I'm not snacking. lol

I tend to write extremely long posts. (as you can tell.) lol

I think that's it for now. :)

Welcome.....I am impressed that you are reading all the posts from the beginning!! Hello when you get here!!

Ditto! Welcome!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that tonight I am irritated that my daughter's sister is coming here asking me for food (again), after spending all her (and her boyfriends) money on a dog they had for a week and had no business having at all.

On top of that, she just found out she is pregnant, and nobody except her and the boyfriend are happy about it. My daughter and I are both mortified....

She is 22, lives in a motel room, on assistance, and has a trustee to handle her money as she cannot even do that herself.....her boyfriend works full time at a fast food joint, and the second they get any money they are out blowing it. They do not have a pot to piss in, and now are gonna have a baby....

She is mentally slow, her mentality is that of about a 13 year old.....God help that baby, and everyone else that is gonna be affected by it.....

She needs to be involved with child protection services, even before there's a child. They can develop a plan to get her connected with support and educational services like prenatal nutrition... and assess her (both of their) parenting ability. If it is determined that the baby will be in need of protection, it can be apprehended at birth.

It must be rough having so many reminders of Little Rodent Boy. I've always had two dogs so they have company when I'm not around and when I lose one there's never been any question about getting another one, I don't want the remaining dog to be lonely. And it's kind of diverting to think about a new puppy.

I've had pet rats and they're amazingly intelligent and affectionate little things, but their lifespan isn't very long, Same with guinea pigs. A friend of mine had one of the lop eared bunnies and it was very cute but didn't interact much. If I was to get any kind of caged animal, it would be a chinchilla... I've always liked them. I knew a woman who had several and would often bring one out and about with her, tucked into her jacket.

Tonight's confession: I am eating a yogurt that is almost two months past its best before date. There are three more from the same batch and I fully intend to eat those too. I'm too cheap to throw them out a buy new ones. They look/smell/taste fine... and I've done this many times before with no ill effects.

Hopefully I don't end up confessing to a bout of food poisoning in the next couple of days.

I had a chinchilla. They are wonderful little pets that can be letterbox trained for urine (they poop anywhere but their poop is little hard pellets so no big deal. They can learn their names and commands. They are best in pairs (I found this out after I had my one). I thought about getting a pair again but worried the cats might kill them. :(

Aren't chinchillas nocturnal? I remember when we were deciding on a pet before, we choose degu over chinchilla because we read that they sleep all day and are only up at night.....I did not think it would be much fun to have a pet that was sleeping all the time I was awake, lol.

Yes I believe he was but that didn't mean he was asleep all day. More like a cat. Would get more active in the middle of the night. He used to hang out with me watching TV all the time. Mind you we are talking 27 years ago so do your research as my brain is a sieve but given you work all day is it a problem if he starts to wake up in the evening?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You do not suck. You are awesome! Tomorrow is another day!

I echo this! It's just one day at a time and we all slip. You are going to rock that mountain!

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling food wise at the moment :(

So am I. :( At this point I've been really worrying that I'll gain back everything I've lost (over sixty pounds, almost 30 kilos) if I can't somehow get whatever's messed up in my head fixed. :-/ I've already gained 10 kilos in the past few months... Even while struggling to stay "on the wagon"!

Hugs to both of you!!

You can do it! I have confidence in you both. :)

I agree!! Just keep getting back on that wagon! You've got this! :)

That's what I keep doing... It's probably the only thing that has stopped me from gaining back a LOT more than what I've gained. :-/ But my head feels so... Out of the game. I can't seem to get up any kind of motivation or willpower, and I just want to stuff my face half the time! Also, I'm having an unusual amount of hunger lately. :(
    I feel for you. I did this last year and gained back every single pound I'd lost, plus two for luck, ending up at my heaviest ever.
    I can't explain why - it was almost like I had a detached interest in watching from outside my body to see what would happen. I weighed myself regularly and watched my weight go up, yet did nothing about it. I ate every single thing I wanted. And it wasn't even binges, just eating a lot of rich food, often. :/ This is how I know I HAVE to stay on the ball, or I'll be destined to always be heavier than I'd like.

Yep this is me. If I don't watch it this time I'll be right back where I started in no time. I have been up and down my whole life.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

I echo this! It's just one day at a time and we all slip. You are going to rock that mountain!

So am I. :( At this point I've been really worrying that I'll gain back everything I've lost (over sixty pounds, almost 30 kilos) if I can't somehow get whatever's messed up in my head fixed. :-/ I've already gained 10 kilos in the past few months... Even while struggling to stay "on the wagon"!

I've gained 2lbs in the last 2 weeks. All i can say is thank god for my gym routine, because i would've gained shedloads more. I need to get a grip on this food thing. Its really getting me down. All i can attribute it to is stress.

For another poster, who gave advice earlier (JPW?) thanks. I have those techniques. I am medically diagnosed as BED, so trying to keep it under control is a constant battle.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

Yay!!

Lots of variety for your trip.

It will be so nice. I don't think I've ever had multiple swimsuits before. I'm mildly excited about wearing them too. Not super excited about having to shave my bikini area however. :/

That's why I only wear swimming suits with skirts, lol. I'm 37 and I've never even trimmed anything down there, because loose hair freaks me out and I don't want to have to clean up the mess (ok and I'd have no idea how to do it anyway). Forget shaving or waxing, I always get horrible ingrown hair and I'll be damned if I even try it down there.

Speaking of swimsuits, I'm now very peeved because my period is a week late, which means I will probably get it right in the middle of our vacation next month. Our first real vacation in years... to the beach... and I don't do tampons.

Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. It makes a hell of a difference. You can get razors with electric trimmers on the end, use those to trim, if you just want to tidy. If you want to shave, go with the grain of the hair. Always use sharp/new razors, never use a razor which you've used to shave your armpits/legs.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I confess that tonight I am irritated that my daughter's sister is coming here asking me for food (again), after spending all her (and her boyfriends) money on a dog they had for a week and had no business having at all.

On top of that, she just found out she is pregnant, and nobody except her and the boyfriend are happy about it. My daughter and I are both mortified....

She is 22, lives in a motel room, on assistance, and has a trustee to handle her money as she cannot even do that herself.....her boyfriend works full time at a fast food joint, and the second they get any money they are out blowing it. They do not have a pot to piss in, and now are gonna have a baby....

She is mentally slow, her mentality is that of about a 13 year old.....God help that baby, and everyone else that is gonna be affected by it.....

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. It's almost exactly the same with my sister. I am dreading her new baby being born in October. I fully expect to be caring for it by Christmas

:(
    Are social services involved in both of these situations?

yes, social services are involved, particularly as they applied for the court order to remove her first child (Charlie) from her and place him with my mum and i. I just can't fathom the idea of caring for another baby right now.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I also eat yogurt after its due date.....it stays fresh for WAY longer than people think, as long as it is sealed and not sour or moldy, it is fine to eat! "Best before" dates are really just sell before dates, and most things can be eaten well after that.....dry goods for over a year after that.....the only one to really pay attention to is fresh meat.....

This isn't the first time I've eaten stuff after its date... usually stuff that's sealed, as you say... as long as it looks and smells the same as it did before, I figure it's harmless. This is probably just the oldest dairy product I've had, lol.

Pretty common for me to have trouble using up something when I'm alone in the household half the time. And, hell, it says "BEST before" not "DO NOT EAT after" so I figure I'm just not eating it at its best, lol.

I often eat yoghurt months out of date, as long as its sealed, then passes the sniff and taste tests, then i'm good. Thats pretty much my approach to most food, except meat really.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I've gained 2lbs in the last 2 weeks. All i can say is thank god for my gym routine, because i would've gained shedloads more. I need to get a grip on this food thing. Its really getting me down. All i can attribute it to is stress.

For another poster, who gave advice earlier (JPW?) thanks. I have those techniques. I am medically diagnosed as BED, so trying to keep it under control is a constant battle.

Same here, except I gained 10 in two weeks!! :-/ And to top it off, not an iota of exercise was done, either.