Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've done quite well today. I went over my calorie goal by 100 calories, but rather than throwing in the towel (I have a serious problem with an all-or-nothing attitude, and yes, just 100 calories can set it off, which is one of my worst issues when it comes to my weight), I told myself that it was fine and reminded myself several times that I was under maintenance for the day and didn't need to feel bad or guilty about it, especially since I was so hungry. :-/

Later in the day, I felt motivated to exercise (not to take my calories back into the green, I actually FELT like doing it! Score!) and I did 45 minutes on my stationary bike... And then another 20 minutes several hours later. Go me! :)

Second confession: It's past midnight and I'm making an iced caramel coffee mock "milkshake" (I use a bit of instant Jell-O pudding mix to thicken it, then crush in some ice) with my earned exercise calories. o:)

This was a happy post and made me happy for you. Yay!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

So am I and neither do I. I love kids movies and make my husband go to the theater with me to watch them. I LOVED FROZEN!!

Tangled > Frozen. There. I said it.

I love kid movies, too, and I'm 45. I'm pretty sure I can quote The Lego Movie from memory as my son has been playing it on a loop for like a month. Who's going to see Inside Out? That looks super funny!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You do not suck. You are awesome! Tomorrow is another day!

I echo this! It's just one day at a time and we all slip. You are going to rock that mountain!

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling food wise at the moment :(

So am I. :( At this point I've been really worrying that I'll gain back everything I've lost (over sixty pounds, almost 30 kilos) if I can't somehow get whatever's messed up in my head fixed. :-/ I've already gained 10 kilos in the past few months... Even while struggling to stay "on the wagon"!

Hugs to both of you!!

You can do it! I have confidence in you both. :)

I agree!! Just keep getting back on that wagon! You've got this! :)

That's what I keep doing... It's probably the only thing that has stopped me from gaining back a LOT more than what I've gained. :-/ But my head feels so... Out of the game. I can't seem to get up any kind of motivation or willpower, and I just want to stuff my face half the time! Also, I'm having an unusual amount of hunger lately. :(

How can we help?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember (long, long ago in this thread) the mom that confessed to flipping her young daughter off behind her back when she's being a brat? Haha, it still makes me laugh. I can't remember the poster's name and wondered if it's someone that still posts..or just someone who stopped by to confess and then left.

I remember that one but no idea who it was... :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I really am having a bad few days. I got in the bath tonight and burst into tears. I don't normally cry, even when i should, so to just cry like that tells me things are very wrong. It seems to be an accumulation of things, not any one thing in particular, but i am feeling extremely low and a total failure at everything, including weight loss and exercise. I will be making an appointment with my GP in the morning, to discuss my medication dosages.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. My depression has recently taken a dive and become worse than it has been in years, so I know how bad you must be feeling. I'm struggling so hard against falling into the pit (so to speak), but I really don't know what to do. :( Your feelings describe mine as well, unfortunately--I've been feeling like a complete and utter waste of space lately who doesn't deserve to live. :-/ I hope you start feeling better soon!

Oh my goodness you two are NOT a waste of space! You are both wonderful incredible women and some of my favorite folks on this thread. Go to a doctor or get on meds or get a therapist because you two need to realize your worth and contributions and how valuable you are. Watch It's a Wonderful Life and then this of the world without you and what it would do to your families, friends, husband, nephew, etc.

(And Susieq I didn't see the clinical psychologist I spoke of at the barn this weekend. Apparently her dog died so she wasn't around. ..more sad pet stories. .. but will try her again this weekend but had dinner with a friend who is in school to be a clinical psychologist and she is going to talk to some folks at the mental health institute she volunteers at to see what resources might be available to you since you must have dual citizenship if you have a US passport. So I haven't forgotten).

That's so kind of you! I could seriously cry. Thank you so much!! Yes, I do have dual citizenship. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Whew 3 hours later I am all caught up. Now I'll just get behind again. It's a vicious cycle.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm a bit enraged today. I've been reading about a 'protest march' that took place over the weekend in my home town. It was organised by (Town name) Against Islam, which is just about as horrific and racist as it sounds. Makes me ashamed to be from there.

The really ridiculous part is there aren't actually any Muslims in my home town! I exaggerate, there may be one or two, but seriously, it's a 98% white, working class, typical north-eastern English town. Who are these people protesting against? My home town is so insular, my mother is considered her own ethnic minority (she's French). Most immigrants have the sense to bypass us altogether and I don't blame them!

Thankfully some of the more decent locals took some photos and it turns out it was just some pissheads outside a particularly nasty pub, who then wandered down the high street and ended up outside another seedy pub. More people were taking the p!ss out of them than partaking. Still, it enrages me. I probably went to school with some of these losers.

These are the things that make me sad. :( Also, the anti-Islam slogans on buses in a major city (can't remember where, but I think it was in Philadelphia?). The fact that the local government was behind those anti-Islam slogans perpetuating hatred against ANY religion (not just upset because it's Islam specifically, I mean) made me much more upset than a bunch of idiots marching around yelling things... :-/
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Even though everyone else in my household bailed, I went to the gym by myself! NSV!

Good job!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*

THIS (bold) is why I took up lifting.

And because it's easy. "Easy" in that it doesn't require grace or coordination or skill or athletic ability, all of which I lack. Just a basic awareness of your own body mechanics and the willingness to press on, even on those days when it feels like you've been run over by a truck (lorry for you Brits) and then thrown down a flight of stairs. At least that was my experience anyway... yoga bores me to tears, I can't do aerobics or zumba to save my life, never played sports, but I can pick up a barbell repeatedly. Hey, whaddya know, I'm good at something.

This weekend I walked around a garden center with a big spirea, two rhododendrons and a rose bush in my arms (it was a feat of balance as much as strength). Carried them to my car and put them in the trunk. I want to be able to do that 20 years from now, not be the frail little old lady waiting for the nice young man to help with the carryout.

Aesthetically, I've discovered that I like seeing muscles. Visible proof of all the work I've done. It keeps me motivated. I'm one of the ones who looked pretty good in clothes, but I wasn't too happy with the naked body that menopause has given me. I'm also learning my limitations -- there are some saggy bits that no amount of weightlifting is going to change.

I've seen it posted around these parts before but the key to "fitness" is to find an activity that you love and are going to stick with -- which isn't necessarily going to be the activity that someone else loves.

You, I like. You can stay in this thread ;)

I try Yoga. I love the stretching part but I can't get my Downward Dog to bend at all and I end up doing what I like to call the Flopping Fish instead. I like Zumba but I kina look like a deranged zebra. Walking fast and lifting weights is what I like more. I can do it, I don't need to be coordinated, it feels good to make my body move.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I really can't do chick flicks. The one exception would've been Steel Magnolias, but now it's so old and I've seen it so many times, it's more of a comedy. Whenever I hear about a guy getting in trouble because he wasn't sufficiently emotional enough after The Notebook, I'm usually on his side.

I like chick flicks but I haven't seen one in a very long time. I thought the Notebook was way overrated though.
    So I've finally walked the stage and received my diploma. I'm beat.

My mom took me to buy a swimsuit today because she's in the city and wanted to treat me to something before I go on vacation, and I had a lot of them to try. I liked the first one a lot, and felt ok about the following ones but felt myself getting more and more self-conscious. I finally summoned the courage to ask my mom what she thought of one of them, and the look on her face just sent my heart plummeting. She then said ''I... don't know about that...'' Obviously, she was most likely just reacting to the bathing suit rather than criticizing my body, but after that I looked back into the mirror and couldn't stop staring at every little flaw... especially my fat legs. She liked another one, though, the one that I liked the most anyway, and she left me alone to get dressed. I proceeded to have a mini panic attack and started to cry in the changing room because I just felt so ugly and fat. Blah. If I feel like that from having my mom look at me, I'm seriously terrified of how I will be on the beach... if I can even work up the courage to go out there.

I mean, it was a nice thing for her to buy me a swimsuit and I pretty much ruined my afternoon by getting all depressed. After that I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep... I need to start body lovin' instead of hating on it all the time.

Ugh I'm so sorry. I've had so many cries in changing rooms...
    Confession: I just saw that I have 2 flags for alleged "spam". How did I spam you ask? Apparently replying to a thread about some city banning soda's in happy meals and saying it's none of their business what parents give their kids is spam. :lol: I swear, it is laughable the things that get flagged around here. I can't believe how abused the system is. I have been tempted to flag posts I didn't agree with... but I realize it's dumb to flag something just because I disagree.

Confession: I am a little sad that I got flagged. :'( It makes me feel like running away and never posting again. But reading and posting here feels like it will help me stay on track, so I guess it's a trade off. So I guess I will continue even though apparently someone out there doesn't like me (at least 2 people.. lol)

People are idiots. I've been flagged for disagreeing before too... It's just the Internet. Lots of people with no life who have nothing better to do than being mean to others.
    I just ate 2 peanut butter cookies. Not a huge deal except they were my husband's. ...and he's asleep...lol...guess he should have ate them of he didn't want to lose them ;)
    Awe, back to strict dieting (and manners I guess) tomorrow. ..sigh... (but they WERE yummy)

Strict dieting is not a life IMO, lol. And I always end up binging or doing what you described when I do it... although I've been trying to restrict a little more lately, but only because I've been hungry and it's tough to stay in my calorie goal if I blow 200 calories on chocolate, cookies or ice cream.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    [
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I don't do low carb and I like to lift heavy things :s *runs and hides*

But I have no problem with whatever works for YOU (general you)! Hence while I lurk all those threads and read but never post- to each their own! :)
    But that's exactly the point - you love it so that's great! I don't love it, but wonder if that can be great too... A lot of MFP makes me feel that NOT wanting to lift means that when I get to my goal weight (which is near the top of the 'normal' range for my height) I'll still be a fatty blob.

I enjoy lifting, but the reason I started doing it at 213lb is because I'm struggling to lose weight and the Dr suggested I up my muscle mass underneath so my body has to use more calories on a day to day basis. Apparently. An appointment will be made soon because this theory isn't working. Pretty sure my Dr doesn't have a clue.

Well you can't build muscle at a deficit but it's good to lift while losing weight so you don't lose too much muscle... but yes it seems your Dr doesn't have a clue.

No confession this morning... except I probably ate too much at breakfast and hope it actually keeps me full longer instead of just messing up my whole day again.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

So am I and neither do I. I love kids movies and make my husband go to the theater with me to watch them. I LOVED FROZEN!!

Tangled > Frozen. There. I said it.

I love kid movies, too, and I'm 45. I'm pretty sure I can quote The Lego Movie from memory as my son has been playing it on a loop for like a month. Who's going to see Inside Out? That looks super funny!

I agree with this completely! Tangled was cute. I have 3 nieces and always take them to see the new movies when they come out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh look a double post.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm having super noodles for tea, and I can't wait! They're low fat, so it's fiiiiiiiiiiine!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You do not suck. You are awesome! Tomorrow is another day!

I echo this! It's just one day at a time and we all slip. You are going to rock that mountain!

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling food wise at the moment :(

So am I. :( At this point I've been really worrying that I'll gain back everything I've lost (over sixty pounds, almost 30 kilos) if I can't somehow get whatever's messed up in my head fixed. :-/ I've already gained 10 kilos in the past few months... Even while struggling to stay "on the wagon"!

Hugs to both of you!!

You can do it! I have confidence in you both. :)

I agree!! Just keep getting back on that wagon! You've got this! :)

That's what I keep doing... It's probably the only thing that has stopped me from gaining back a LOT more than what I've gained. :-/ But my head feels so... Out of the game. I can't seem to get up any kind of motivation or willpower, and I just want to stuff my face half the time! Also, I'm having an unusual amount of hunger lately. :(

How can we help?

I'm not entirely sure. :-/ My husband is very supportive, but I really think this is something I need to find inside me, if that makes sense. Nobody can do it for me if I don't want to do it myself. :) It's almost like my "switch" turned off somehow... :-/
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I confess I am horny, there I said it. And I except messages in my inbox. : )
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm having super noodles for tea, and I can't wait! They're low fat, so it's fiiiiiiiiiiine!

I always associate Super Noodles with music festivals. It's the only thing I can cook over a camp fire. HA!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

I always associate Super Noodles with music festivals. It's the only thing I can cook over a camp fire. HA!

Thinking of music festivals - I went to my first one aged 17 with a couple of friends. We didn't have a camp stove or anything to heat food, but I was quite skint and stingy and didn't want to buy expensive festival food for the 4 days we were there. So I brought my own that I knew would 'keep' okay in the tent. During those 4 days, I ate raw carrots, chocolate (mostly melted), pistachios, beef jerky and bread sticks. I figured that covered all the major food groups. I started to turn a little yellow from all the carrots on day 3, but other than that I was fine! Oh to be 17 again.
  • Oberon21
    Options

What are super noodles?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    vypressme wrote: »
    I had a Big Mac yesterday after a long, long time. I kept thinking about it so I thought I could have one just this time.
    I thought I would love the taste, that it would remind me of my old eating habits, and that I would also feel guilty afterwards.

Funny thing - it didn't taste as good as I had remembered, and I asked myself "is THIS what you were craving for, all this time?"

Oh, and I didn't even feel guilty afterwards.

I have never had a Big Mac, ever.

Me, either. Which I think is pretty impressive, living in the States. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So I've finally walked the stage and received my diploma. I'm beat.

My mom took me to buy a swimsuit today because she's in the city and wanted to treat me to something before I go on vacation, and I had a lot of them to try. I liked the first one a lot, and felt ok about the following ones but felt myself getting more and more self-conscious. I finally summoned the courage to ask my mom what she thought of one of them, and the look on her face just sent my heart plummeting. She then said ''I... don't know about that...'' Obviously, she was most likely just reacting to the bathing suit rather than criticizing my body, but after that I looked back into the mirror and couldn't stop staring at every little flaw... especially my fat legs. She liked another one, though, the one that I liked the most anyway, and she left me alone to get dressed. I proceeded to have a mini panic attack and started to cry in the changing room because I just felt so ugly and fat. Blah. If I feel like that from having my mom look at me, I'm seriously terrified of how I will be on the beach... if I can even work up the courage to go out there.

I mean, it was a nice thing for her to buy me a swimsuit and I pretty much ruined my afternoon by getting all depressed. After that I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep... I need to start body lovin' instead of hating on it all the time.

Yes! This!!!

I bet you looked fine in that suit! Rock it, sister!