Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    A few pages back I wrote about my large unhealthy co-worker that has been sick all week, sitting over there hacking & coughing, pumping germs into the air, and refusing to stay home when we have tons of sick leave available.

So, worst fears realized, I woke up this morning with a sore throat & headache. Started coughing.

P*ssed, I walk into work...and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she called in sick today...on a Friday.

Guess who is her back up?

So now I'm sick on a Friday, getting an average of 5 emails a minute between both of our emails.

%$^& ^*&#$(@#& $% $@#(*&^ %(^&%#

Can you crumble munster cheese into her keyboard without being seen? Hypothetically, or course.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

I don't think so. I had never seen them before she brought some back after visiting her dad. I have never seen any since. I'm only a few hours from the border, so I do think it's weird there isn't more crossover.
  • berlynnwall
    OkayTohkay wrote: »
    If there are any type of chips in the house I will easily eat the whole bag. I am no longer aloud to buy them, and if my boyfriend does he isn't aloud to tell me. Same goes for french fries :(

Chips are a big problem for me too. I don't buy them often.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    <
    On a completely unrelated topic, new profile pic. Is she not the cutest little Elsa ever?! (I may be just a bit biased though lol.)

Super cute!
  • ShibaEars
    ythannah wrote: »

The only one I'm aware of is Dyna Whey protein, lol. (Which is really too bad as it's totally awesome protein IMO)

And I'm certainly not going to revoke your Canadian card over peameal bacon, especially considering I don't eat pig.

Well that's a relief! I'm not a big pig eater either. I don't mind bacon or ham, but there are things I'd pick over them. And I can't stand porkchops.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

Grand Canyon, if you can swing it.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

The only one I'm aware of is Dyna Whey protein, lol. (Which is really too bad as it's totally awesome protein IMO)

And I'm certainly not going to revoke your Canadian card over peameal bacon, especially considering I don't eat pig.

Oh sure, mock me with the protein I have to try smuggling over the border again. Though, actually, I have a Quest sample here I'm getting up the nerve to try, eventually.
  • berlynnwall

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member

Sedona, AZ. It's very cool.
  • Talkradio

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

Ah yes! Try to go star gazing, catch a few sunrises... Growing up close to a big city, it was mind blowing to actually see how many more stars are visible in the southwest.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

Neither have I.
  • ShibaEars

Can you actually ride a donkey/mule into the Grand Canyon? I've always wanted to do that lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    judypriv wrote: »
    I have a unhealthy addiction to Glee. I have replaced food with Glee. I like Darren Criss too much. It's boarderline psychotic stalker.

One of the few series that I actually stopped watching in the last season because it was just completely dumb. I did watch the finale, but totally changing things up for the last season made no sense to me at all.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Oh, and anyone who watches Top Chef knows that bacon has been overexposed for a while (not that that makes it less delicious). I just wasted time tracking down the name of a particular annoying contestant who self-consciously wore pro bacon clothing constantly, had hipster facial hair, and used bacon in all his dishes.

(Joshua Valentine of Dallas, for the record.)
  • ShibaEars

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.
  • Talkradio

Can you actually ride a donkey/mule into the Grand Canyon? I've always wanted to do that lol.

I didn't, but I think you can. Just wear good shoes if you go hiking!

The heat is pretty intense. I'd make sure you have a good floppy hat to keep the sun of your head, and decent sunglasses.
  • berlynnwall

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

My dad was in the military, so we moved down there for his work. I flew down in August after spending the summer with my mom. I could feel the heat on the plane while still in the air, and then when I stepped out onto the jetway there was this wall of heat. It was 10pm. I couldn't eat hot food for the first 4 or so months that we lived there. The funniest thing to me was that at school I was one of the only people wearing shorts. People wear jeans and long sleeves. Sweatshirts in 90 degrees! I eventually got used to it, but it was so different.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member

Actually, it's a dry heat, so it is very livable. That kind of heat in a humid climate is what will kill you! My oldest son went to college in AZ and will be teaching there this fall and my youngest son and my dad go twice a year to Phoenix for the NASCAR races. All of them say the heat there doesn't bother them and they are all the types to have the AC on full-blast during the summer at home. I can attest to it as well. It's not nearly as bad as you think! I think Vegas is worse.