Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member

If I wasn't lazy, I'd post a *that escalated quickly* gif.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

Actually, it's a dry heat, so it is very livable. That kind of heat in a humid climate is what will kill you! My oldest son went to college in AZ and will be teaching there this fall and my youngest son and my dad go twice a year to Phoenix for the NASCAR races. All of them say the heat there doesn't bother them and they are all the types to have the AC on full-blast during the summer at home. I can attest to it as well. It's not nearly as bad as you think! I think Vegas is worse.

I don't think Vegas is that bad, either, but I'm always cold. We flew in from Vegas to Chicago in the summer, and it was in the 100's when we left, in the 70's when we landed in the middle of the night, but it felt 10x's worse in Chicago than it did in Vegas.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    I can't do a sit up. Nope - not one. :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession...I eat under 800 calories a day usually to lose weight. :hushed:

Not judging but please get some help.

I confess I've contemplated booking a night at a hotel in a quiet place so I could actually get a good night sleep. I haven't slept well in weeks. My husband snores, is on a loud breathing machine, and has restless leg syndrome and kicks all night. I just can't take it anymore. Every time I end up waking up in the middle of the night (because of his kicks, or I have to pee, or the cat meows or something), I have to go downstairs in the recliner to be able to sleep again, and even then I'm so annoyed that it takes me an hour or more. And it's not exactly comfy.

So I fell asleep at 11pm, woke up at 3.30am, finally fell asleep around 5am and the kids woke me up at 5.30am (WTF kids). I was hungry so I had breakfast early, and my day is probably screwed again because tired + hungry early = bad news.

I confess I'm starting to get really worried about our trip this Summer because I won't have anywhere else to sleep then.

Have you ever thought about separate beds? Just to be practical.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

Neither have I.

Ketchup flavored potato chips are extremely popular in Oman (my birth country, most people don't even know where the thing is... Over here, next to Saudi Arabia! *waves frantically*). I hate them with a passion! So sweet and just... No. :|
  • Italian_Buju

Aboot! Ha!

Don't want to seem dense, but do Canadians not call it Canadian Bacon?

Canadian Bacon is Peameal Bacon AKA Back Bacon, ham is ham
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession...I eat under 800 calories a day usually to lose weight. :hushed:

Not judging but please get some help.

I confess I've contemplated booking a night at a hotel in a quiet place so I could actually get a good night sleep. I haven't slept well in weeks. My husband snores, is on a loud breathing machine, and has restless leg syndrome and kicks all night. I just can't take it anymore. Every time I end up waking up in the middle of the night (because of his kicks, or I have to pee, or the cat meows or something), I have to go downstairs in the recliner to be able to sleep again, and even then I'm so annoyed that it takes me an hour or more. And it's not exactly comfy.

So I fell asleep at 11pm, woke up at 3.30am, finally fell asleep around 5am and the kids woke me up at 5.30am (WTF kids). I was hungry so I had breakfast early, and my day is probably screwed again because tired + hungry early = bad news.

I confess I'm starting to get really worried about our trip this Summer because I won't have anywhere else to sleep then.

Have you ever thought about separate beds? Just to be practical.

Told him last night that at this point I'm going to have to get him to sleep in the guest room. Well, when we don't have guests that is, lol.

So I have 240 calories for dinner, because I had too much ice cream and chocolate again. I never learn.
  • Italian_Buju
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.
    I' ve been completely out of the loop with Big Bang Theory lately, but after watching the season finale at my in-laws last night, I have one question. What the hell is up with Sheldon and Amy?????? I was so sad at the end for him! :disappointed:

You have to add SPOILER ALERT! I haven't watched it yet!

I have not either, I have been just not focusing my eyes on it lol
  • Italian_Buju
    ythannah wrote: »

One of my good friends in high school was Canadian and he introduced me to salt and vinegar potato chips. Mistake. Love those things!

And the best are

20120606_C6243_PHOTO_EN_14756.jpg

Yes, yes they are
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I haven't seen Big Bang theory finale yet!!!! :( And I have to confess I don't know what all the hype about bacon is *runs and hides*

Wh-wha-WHAT?!?!

55039449.jpg

o:)

Mmm Liam Neeson...Yes he can find me! hahaha

Agree!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

Actually, it's a dry heat, so it is very livable. That kind of heat in a humid climate is what will kill you! My oldest son went to college in AZ and will be teaching there this fall and my youngest son and my dad go twice a year to Phoenix for the NASCAR races. All of them say the heat there doesn't bother them and they are all the types to have the AC on full-blast during the summer at home. I can attest to it as well. It's not nearly as bad as you think! I think Vegas is worse.

I struggle when it's +25C here, so dry or humid, I'm going to be uncomfortable lol.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

People say this, and humidity is terrible and all, but I still remember a college friend of mine from AZ talking about how sometimes the planes couldn't land because it was too hot. That's nuts.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Work was so weird and annoying today that I ate an ice cream bar instead of my fruit salad. All the talking about savory foods in here makes me crave it so I'm gonna have some salty crackers now and since it's Friday I'll add a glass of white wine too.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

Neither have I.

Ketchup flavored potato chips are extremely popular in Oman (my birth country, most people don't even know where the thing is... Over here, next to Saudi Arabia! *waves frantically*). I hate them with a passion! So sweet and just... No. :|

I actually hate ketchup, so they definitely aren't on my short list of things to try!
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    I don't log ice cream because I believe it is a "superfood" and it doesn't count...... -_-
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member

Neither have I.

You've mentioned that you were from Oman before, so I had to Google it. Is it as beautiful as the pictures? Is it a dangerous place or is it safe?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I don't log ice cream because I believe it is a "superfood" and it doesn't count...... -_-

LOL, nice.
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    Last weekend attended Beale Street Music Fest. 3 days of drinking LOTS of beer, eating decadent fair-type food (read fried, or greasy, or mass quantities - 1000 ways to cook pork, including BACON), and pots full of coffee for breakfast..... MUSIC was Amazing! B)

Confession: Gained almost 2lbs, and had a hard time getting back in exercise mode. No regrets.... I wish I could do it all over again this weekend <3
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member

Hmm, I'm lactose intolerant so I don't have to count ice cream, right? Since it isn't *ahem* sticking around long. lol
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I don't think Vegas is that bad, either, but I'm always cold. We flew in from Vegas to Chicago in the summer, and it was in the 100's when we left, in the 70's when we landed in the middle of the night, but it felt 10x's worse in Chicago than it did in Vegas.

Yep, that's how I am, too. I can handle the AZ and CO heat just fine. Went to a June wedding in NC several years ago and was miserable! Yucko. I think it's the heavy air. I'm used to high altitude.