Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just saw that I have 2 flags for alleged "spam". How did I spam you ask? Apparently replying to a thread about some city banning soda's in happy meals and saying it's none of their business what parents give their kids is spam. :lol: I swear, it is laughable the things that get flagged around here. I can't believe how abused the system is. I have been tempted to flag posts I didn't agree with... but I realize it's dumb to flag something just because I disagree.

Confession: I am a little sad that I got flagged. :'( It makes me feel like running away and never posting again. But reading and posting here feels like it will help me stay on track, so I guess it's a trade off. So I guess I will continue even though apparently someone out there doesn't like me (at least 2 people.. lol)

The first time I got flagged, I was super excited! It was like I had reached a new level in the "game" or something. (I get excited about weird things :p )
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

I'm stuggling with my feelings right now. :(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession: I'm having super noodles for tea, and I can't wait! They're low fat, so it's fiiiiiiiiiiine!

I always associate Super Noodles with music festivals. It's the only thing I can cook over a camp fire. HA!

What are super noodles?

Yes, what are super noodles? They sound super!! :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember (long, long ago in this thread) the mom that confessed to flipping her young daughter off behind her back when she's being a brat? Haha, it still makes me laugh. I can't remember the poster's name and wondered if it's someone that still posts..or just someone who stopped by to confess and then left.

I remember that confession. I think the poster hung around for a few pages, then dropped out. Don't remember the name. (To be fair, I don't remember any names unless they've been around for a few hundred pages.)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm having super noodles for tea, and I can't wait! They're low fat, so it's fiiiiiiiiiiine!

I always associate Super Noodles with music festivals. It's the only thing I can cook over a camp fire. HA!

What are super noodles?

They are flavoured noodles that cook in water quickly.
    Super-Noodles.jpg
  • Lois_1989
    edited June 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

He would get an a*s-kicking of a life time. And possibly lose a testicle.

(Hugs for you)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Umm....I would be freaking pissed!!! What's going on?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Not ok. Very inappropriate.
    (Hugs to you)

What do you think? Only you know what you accept in your life and in your relationship.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

All of the NOPE! Not okay! It's cheating...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yes, this.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*

THIS (bold) is why I took up lifting.

And because it's easy. "Easy" in that it doesn't require grace or coordination or skill or athletic ability, all of which I lack. Just a basic awareness of your own body mechanics and the willingness to press on, even on those days when it feels like you've been run over by a truck (lorry for you Brits) and then thrown down a flight of stairs. At least that was my experience anyway... yoga bores me to tears, I can't do aerobics or zumba to save my life, never played sports, but I can pick up a barbell repeatedly. Hey, whaddya know, I'm good at something.

This weekend I walked around a garden center with a big spirea, two rhododendrons and a rose bush in my arms (it was a feat of balance as much as strength). Carried them to my car and put them in the trunk. I want to be able to do that 20 years from now, not be the frail little old lady waiting for the nice young man to help with the carryout.

Aesthetically, I've discovered that I like seeing muscles. Visible proof of all the work I've done. It keeps me motivated. I'm one of the ones who looked pretty good in clothes, but I wasn't too happy with the naked body that menopause has given me. I'm also learning my limitations -- there are some saggy bits that no amount of weightlifting is going to change.

I've seen it posted around these parts before but the key to "fitness" is to find an activity that you love and are going to stick with -- which isn't necessarily going to be the activity that someone else loves.

You, I like. You can stay in this thread ;)

I try Yoga. I love the stretching part but I can't get my Downward Dog to bend at all and I end up doing what I like to call the Flopping Fish instead. I like Zumba but I kina look like a deranged zebra. Walking fast and lifting weights is what I like more. I can do it, I don't need to be coordinated, it feels good to make my body move.

Lol. Good thing, I'm addicted to this thread and you wouldn't get rid of me anyway >:) Even having to catch up on 230 new posts at the end of the day yesterday didn't deter me.

I walk too. :) But if I look at the scenery too much or don't pay attention to where I'm putting my feet, I've been known to lurch and stumble. I'm THAT uncoordinated.

I think I've read all the posts but haven't been able to reply... welcome back @ShibaEars... congrats to all who have lost weight or reached goal... @Italian_Buju loving the pics of Little Rodent Boy's sweet little furry face (I've had to backtrack to see them, they don't show at work).

Not having kids, I've never seen Frozen or Finding Nemo or SpongeBob or any of those. I can probably identify the characters, however, solely from seeing the merchandise prominently displayed in stores.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

What are super noodles?

Super-Noodles.jpg

So like Ramen Noodles...

tuiz83lsiqpz.jpg
  • Lois_1989
    Options

What are super noodles?

Super-Noodles.jpg

So like Ramen Noodles...

tuiz83lsiqpz.jpg

Yea, pretty much :smile:
    It's the British version.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Instant and automatic dealbreaker, in my book. That sort of behaviour falls under my definition of "cheating" and, cynic that I am, I view it as a sort of prelude to actual physical cheating.

I have issues with trust in that once it's been damaged, it would be so much work for me to rebuild that it's not worth the effort. Buh-bye.
  • alexacb92
    alexacb92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

Lol! Me too! I keep them for laundry day which is usually like every 3 weeks :neutral: Gross I know!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

This. 100%!
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I wouldn't call my self a girly girl either, but I love me a good chick flick. I love Grease and am going tomorrow night to see in at a dinner theater!!!
    Yes I am quoting myself because some how i messed up my original quote. Tomorrow I am seeing Dirty Dancing for dinner theater! Sheesh, how did I manage that one!!
    Ooooh I would like that! I have a soft spot for this movie and know all the songs plus half of the dialogues by heart :-)
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

His *kitten* should be quivering in fear.

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

What I think-

Oh.Hell.No.

Nopenopenope

There would be a come to Jesus meeting in my house.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Of course I’m behind…

Rabbit914 wrote: »
    OMG NKOTB was fantastic. Nelly and TLC opened for them and TLC was great. I had 2 friends fly and drive in to go with me and needless to say it was a weekend of lots of alcohol and bad but so good foods. I am so tired today and we went to the beach for like 4 hours yesterday (which I think contributes to how tired I am today) and I tried to stay under the umbrella the whole time, but somehow I walked away with a weird burn on my chest and on one arm- yeah ONE arm. So now I look all crazy.

I’m glad you had fun! I’ve had sunburns like that before too. I was sitting so the sun was on one side of me so only half of my body/face got burned. :)
    Hello everyone! I have a question for you all.
    What do you do when you are really angry/upset?
    I used to smoke, but now I'm not I just want to bury my face in something sweet. I actually don't know how else to make myself feel better right now. I'm stuck at my desk, so gym/run is not an option right now, although I would like it to be. Does anyone know breathing exercises or something like that?

When I’m healthy enough, I go on a walk to think/calm down (I haven’t been able to since my knee is messed up still). Lately I’ve been writing out my frustrations/feelings in a journal I have. Sorry these probably won’t help but I wanted to let you know what I do sometimes.

Tubbs216 wrote: »
    You're all so sweet - thank you! It really wasn't my best cake, so I was glad the picture they sent wasn't a close-up.

It was a beautiful cake. I’ve always wished I could make cakes like that.