Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    amyhoss wrote: »
    I can't do a sit up. Nope - not one. :(

I DON"T do sit ups. Not one. I do planks instead. To me they are much more effective.
  • jane2888
    jane2888 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

I'm the very same even in the summer and it's really really hot I just feel better cause most things are held in
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

She sounds a lot like the girl asking about the fat burning pills yesterday.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

My home town!!
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    Life feels weird. Nothing feels real - but not in a bad way, just in a 'I don't really feel anything' way. I think it's cause of all the changes going on in my life - new job I'm still getting used to, looking for a car for the first time. It doesn't sound like big things but things feel so different.

Tomorrow is my last day of job training at the resturaunt that isn't the one I'll be working at. Friday I have a meeting where I'll meet all my actual coworkers and they will also all meet each other for the first time. (I'm actually the only person who started training for work ahead of time because of my job description - long story). Then Saturday until the 15th is job training with all my new coworkers at the resturant in my town that's not open yet. The 15th is the trial run, and it officially opens on the 16th. Slightly nervous but I don't feel nervous I just know I am if that makes sense.

Today is the first day I've felt physically okayish since last Wednesday. Combination of stress and bad eating. Finally feel a little better. I def gained some weight but I have no desire to weigh myself so whatevs, I've been trying to get back on track and have been fairly successful today after yesterday's failed attempt.

One step at a time! Will keep my fingers crossed, it will all fall into right place, you'll see!

Speaking of One step at a time...so...do we get a "coin" like AA? I think we should! Then every time we think about what we eat, or drink, or exercise (or lack of) we feel that little coin. Oh, I have such a great brain LMAO.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

Neither have I.

They are SO good! Doritos ketchup is the best!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

These threads equate more with me as CHRISTMAS COME EARLY WOO HOO! HAHA
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

Yes, you will be wishing you could go naked.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't log ice cream because I believe it is a "superfood" and it doesn't count...... -_-

My recovery snack after my big workout this morning was a serving of gelato. It actually kept me full for 2 hours too...

• DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

^^This. I watch over and over every episode of that show! It's like an addiction.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    jane2888 wrote: »
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

I'm the very same even in the summer and it's really really hot I just feel better cause most things are held in

I was a bridesmaid during a hot summer wedding and the bride insisted that all of her bridesmaids wore Spanx under our dresses. She even made us all do a fast paced dance number in our Spanx and dresses as part of the entertainment. That was the first and last time using that product. It was the most uncomfortable thing ever. Not wanting to wear one ever again was and still is motivation for me to lose weight. I needed the reminder, so glad this came up!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I don't log ice cream because I believe it is a "superfood" and it doesn't count...... -_-

Sort of related, my brain has a total disconnect about ice cream. When I'm eating pizza or chips or things like that I *know* that I am racking up the calories. When I eat ice cream, my mind just doesn't connect it to also having lots of calories. It feels free. And this is why I do not buy it haha.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    68ub85ynjp6j.jpg

Success! Thanks, @Lois_1989!
    27ztuk7d6wpm.gif

I haven't bought bacon in years because the folks in my household (including me!) couldn't control themselves back in the day. We used to fight over it! I'm a little scared to know how it'll go if I tried bringing some home again. :#
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

The only one I'm aware of is Dyna Whey protein, lol. (Which is really too bad as it's totally awesome protein IMO)

And I'm certainly not going to revoke your Canadian card over peameal bacon, especially considering I don't eat pig.

Oh sure, mock me with the protein I have to try smuggling over the border again. Though, actually, I have a Quest sample here I'm getting up the nerve to try, eventually.

Every time I have the stuff I think of you, believe it or not! I keep sniffing it to see if there is any detectable protein odour (and there has never been any).
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

My recovery snack after my big workout this morning was a serving of gelato. It actually kept me full for 2 hours too...

Dark chocolate gelato was my recovery snack after a large meal the other night. I totally get it.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Neither have I.

Ketchup flavored potato chips are extremely popular in Oman (my birth country, most people don't even know where the thing is... Over here, next to Saudi Arabia! *waves frantically*). I hate them with a passion! So sweet and just... No. :|

You've mentioned that you were from Oman before, so I had to Google it. Is it as beautiful as the pictures? Is it a dangerous place or is it safe?

Super, extremely safe. :) We're completely neutral, so nobody in any country hates us, and crime is so low that half the country doesn't bother to lock their doors at night. ;)

It's definitely beautiful, but I'm not sure which part of Oman you're referring to. Our Dhofar region is mountainous and GREEN. Greenery upon greenery--tropical climate, looks like Malaysia. Then you have the mountain desert regions and the sandy desert regions. They're all really beautiful in their own ways. :)

The weather is super hot though. 45+ Celcius (Around 115 F) in summer, and winters are really mild at around 15-18 C (60-65 F). :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    It is taking everything I have not to loss my *kitten* on my micromanaging two faced passive aggressive boss. *inhales and exhales deeply*
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    It gets hot and humid here in the summer (Nashville). It seems like the further south you go, the colder they run the AC inside businesses, though. I can not go to a restaurant in the summertime without a heavy jacket. It's almost 90 degrees outside today, and I'm wearing a jacket in the office. Why must they keep it SO COLD?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It gets hot and humid here in the summer (Nashville). It seems like the further south you go, the colder they run the AC inside businesses, though. I can not go to a restaurant in the summertime without a heavy jacket. It's almost 90 degrees outside today, and I'm wearing a jacket in the office. Why must they keep it SO COLD?

Oh gosh yes!!! We went to Tennessee last July and I ended up having to buy a sweater because I was FREEZING in the restaurants. So ridiculous.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    Options

Neither have I.

They are SO good! Doritos ketchup is the best!

Doritos Ketchup?? I've never seen that in stores before! The only ketchup chips I've ever heard of were Pik-Nik ketchup flavored chips/crisps. I used to eat them as a kid. Now THOSE were BOMB!!!