Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Thank god it's summer! Just found out my gym is closed from tomorrow until June 29th for remodeling!! I know I can jog outside but I have always been a gym goer- this just makes me sad :'(

Edited- spelling for the win again!

Three weeks? That seems a little crazy. Do you still have to pay for June? Is it a small locally owned gym?

:( No of course I had to join LA Fitness so I'm sure they're won't be any kind of reimbursement, I really like their facilities but their hours suck and then they decide to close the location closest to me for three weeks. GRRRR.

LA Fitness do reimburse! The one I used to go to, the sauna kettle caught fire and they had to re-do the whole swimming pool area, we had a choice of three other LA Fitness's to go to or if you wanted to stay and just not use the pool they gave us a discounted rate. Mind you it was a 6 month re-construction so I guess that is a bit different... and I'm in England. Call up and find out, it's worth a try.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.

Haha! That sounds like my daughter too! All Frozen, all the time. If it's not playing on some DVD player in my house on loop, she's still running around singing "Let it Go" and proclaiming herself to be Elsa. I've tried to use that to my advantage with the potty training endeavors, but still no luck...

Potty training at our house too! Does your little one go to daycare or are you a SAHM? Ours goes to daycare and she did pretty well this weekend. Only one accident yesterday, but we put a diaper on when she sleeps.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @MoHousdon I'm enjoying reading about your swimsuit adventures. I'm amazed at your step daughter....(shaking head). I'm still far behind so maybe you've heard from her since June 5.

@nonoelmo I'm enjoying taking the swimsuit adventures. As far as my stepdaughter is concerned, I'm shocked she's being so inconsiderate and disrespectful. More on this later. G

Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    After spending my weekend working a cookoff, attending the funeral of a dear friend and reconnecting with other friends (the reason we got to see each other sucked, but we were very happy to be together again), I managed to gain about 2 pounds. I am sure most of it will come off soon. It takes a bit to recover from an alcohol fueled weekend. Started drinking water like there was no tomorrow.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Thank god it's summer! Just found out my gym is closed from tomorrow until June 29th for remodeling!! I know I can jog outside but I have always been a gym goer- this just makes me sad :'(

Edited- spelling for the win again!

Three weeks? That seems a little crazy. Do you still have to pay for June? Is it a small locally owned gym?

:( No of course I had to join LA Fitness so I'm sure they're won't be any kind of reimbursement, I really like their facilities but their hours suck and then they decide to close the location closest to me for three weeks. GRRRR.

LA Fitness do reimburse! The one I used to go to, the sauna kettle caught fire and they had to re-do the whole swimming pool area, we had a choice of three other LA Fitness's to go to or if you wanted to stay and just not use the pool they gave us a discounted rate. Mind you it was a 6 month re-construction so I guess that is a bit different... and I'm in England. Call up and find out, it's worth a try.

That's encouraging! True, never hurts to ask! Thanks!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I spent all weekend kind of in a funk because the scale went up 2 lbs. I forced myself to have a good weekend with the boys (went to the zoo/dino exhibit, downtown street market/fair, walked around downtown, rode the train, was outside tons) and then this morning the frickin scale was still up :(

Except this morning I put on a pair of khakis that wouldn’t even close a month ago and they fit fine. Another maybe 3-5 lbs will make them loose enough for work (I wear loose clothes at work, tighter clothes at home). That makes me happy and also reinforces that the stupid scale is a lying liar that lies. I’m disappointed that I bought into the scale number and let it put me in a funk (albeit mostly internal, I acted happy for the boys). I’m a work in progress, I guess…
    Nice!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    OMG NKOTB was fantastic. Nelly and TLC opened for them and TLC was great. I had 2 friends fly and drive in to go with me and needless to say it was a weekend of lots of alcohol and bad but so good foods. I am so tired today and we went to the beach for like 4 hours yesterday (which I think contributes to how tired I am today) and I tried to stay under the umbrella the whole time, but somehow I walked away with a weird burn on my chest and on one arm- yeah ONE arm. So now I look all crazy.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I am back at home, safe and sound. I also seem to have lost a pound on this trip -- we'll see if that was real or not. It was 24 hours of driving in two days to my parents ranch and one day there then 24 hours of driving in two days back home. I *think* it was cheaper than flying - but who knows. It gave each of my teens 24 hours in the car with me. (Ha!) It was good in ways that they don't quite get. My son did an awesome job of navigating on the way there. He's staying for the summer. My daughter seemed to decompress on the way back after her visit. I'm tired but all is well.

Glad your back and had a good trip!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have a question for you all.
    What do you do when you are really angry/upset?
    I used to smoke, but now I'm not I just want to bury my face in something sweet. I actually don't know how else to make myself feel better right now. I'm stuck at my desk, so gym/run is not an option right now, although I would like it to be. Does anyone know breathing exercises or something like that?
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Like I mentioned yesterday, my husband messaged my stepdaughter. She took several hours to respond and when she did, she said her great uncle passed away and that's why she hasn't been around for 2 WEEKS!!! I immediately said BS! She's not been a no show for 2 freakin' weeks because her great uncle passes away. She sure didn't miss any facebook posting because of it, nor did she even mention it.

She told him she was planning on coming by today. I hope I am not home when she does because I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold my tongue. I just honestly, want her to take her crap and her stinky destructive cat and go. I wanted things to be different, I wanted her to WANT to be part of our family, but that's obviously not what she wants or she would have attempted to make some sort of small effort.

I'm sad for my husband because he deserves to be shown love, appreciation, and respect by his daughter. I'm also sad for my daughter because she wanted to get to know her big sister and form a relationship with her. I'm sad for me too, but right now, I'm mostly just pissed off.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I used to smoke, but now I'm not I just want to bury my face in something sweet. I actually don't know how else to make myself feel better right now. I'm stuck at my desk, so gym/run is not an option right now, although I would like it to be. Does anyone know breathing exercises or something like that?

It's tough that's for sure, I'm an ex-smoker so I know the feeling :/ When I'm stuck at work feeling that way I just get up and walk around the office since I refuse to smoke, eat just to eat, and I can't get to the gym. I think of Taylor Swift and Shake It Off in my head and that's quite literally what I try and do! :) Hope this is somewhat helpful.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    @Tubbs216 I bet your cake is going to be beautiful and I very much understand your resentment. "No" is a great word and concept! It can be said very nicely, "I am so flattered that you remember my cakes fondly, I wish I could help with your daughter's cake! I have the name of a person I can recommend as I don't have the time to give your daughter the cake she deserves and I can't do a half-baked job. You made my day by asking me. Here's so&so's number, tell her I told you to call." :wink:

@ythannah - neat saying, I had not heard that before.
    Thanks for the sympathy. I actually ended up feeling like a complete b!tch about it, because they were SO sweet, grateful and excited. Here's the cake (birthday girl hidden!)
    stsgatopvy70.jpg

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I think dirty thoughts ;)

ETA: this is also how I get through traffic frustrations on long drives.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.

Haha! That sounds like my daughter too! All Frozen, all the time. If it's not playing on some DVD player in my house on loop, she's still running around singing "Let it Go" and proclaiming herself to be Elsa. I've tried to use that to my advantage with the potty training endeavors, but still no luck...

Potty training at our house too! Does your little one go to daycare or are you a SAHM? Ours goes to daycare and she did pretty well this weekend. Only one accident yesterday, but we put a diaper on when she sleeps.

I'm a SAHM. She knows how everything works, what to do, and how to do it. The thing is, she won't do it. We bought panties and the waterproof ones to cover those, just so I'm not spending all day mopping up puddles of pee when she has accidents. She tries, but she tries after she pees or poops herself. The big goal is to have her potty trained before she starts 3K in September. Add in her sensory challenges and anxiety issues, and I have a feeling we're going to be at it awhile.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

It's tough that's for sure, I'm an ex-smoker so I know the feeling :/ When I'm stuck at work feeling that way I just get up and walk around the office since I refuse to smoke, eat just to eat, and I can't get to the gym. I think of Taylor Swift and Shake It Off in my head and that's quite literally what I try and do! :) Hope this is somewhat helpful.

It's always worth a try, I just feel very tightly wound up and I have 3 options; explode, cry or eat
    That's it, I don't want food to fill the void smoking filled. Maybe I should find some yoga positions to do in the bathroom or something...
    It's TOM so everything is just a little irritating right now. lol
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Guilty Muslim confession: In addition (of course) to the religious benefits of fasting, I'm REALLY hoping that my fasting will help me regulate my appetite (since I've started a nibble-all-day fest recently that isn't serving me too well...) and learn to deal better with my recent elevated hunger levels. Not a very religious intention, is it. :o

Isn't it also part of the Quran to better one self? I think you are fine.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I think dirty thoughts ;)

ETA: this is also how I get through traffic frustrations on long drives.

:lol: its definitely distracting!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 I bet your cake is going to be beautiful and I very much understand your resentment. "No" is a great word and concept! It can be said very nicely, "I am so flattered that you remember my cakes fondly, I wish I could help with your daughter's cake! I have the name of a person I can recommend as I don't have the time to give your daughter the cake she deserves and I can't do a half-baked job. You made my day by asking me. Here's so&so's number, tell her I told you to call." :wink:

Thanks for the sympathy. I actually ended up feeling like a complete b!tch about it, because they were SO sweet, grateful and excited. Here's the cake (birthday girl hidden!)
    stsgatopvy70.jpg

That's a beautiful cake! Well done!

• Lois_1989
    Options

stsgatopvy70.jpg

Awww it's a beautiful cake!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

stsgatopvy70.jpg

Gorgeous