Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Thank god it's summer! Just found out my gym is closed from tomorrow until June 29th for remodeling!! I know I can jog outside but I have always been a gym goer- this just makes me sad :'(

Edited- spelling for the win again!

Running on a treadmill makes me grumpy, even if it's 15°F I'll run outside if the roads are clear.

Also I went for a 12 mile bike ride this morning and my butt hurts.

Ah I wish I enjoyed running outside more! I think I enjoy the treadmill more as I get to catch up on some of my favorite TV shows since I don't have cable at home, just Netflix :)

12 miles that's great! I love bike riding but I never get butt hurt from it hahaha
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that after a month of not logging, I haven't gained weight at all. I've actually lost inches instead, which is weird and awesome at the same time. I'm pretty happy that I didn't go over board with food and actually was able to eat cake, ice cream, doughnuts and really really amazing things all throughout this and feel normal.

This is a HUGE step for me because I have been SO worried that I was just gonna gain everything back, but I think because my life is slowly improving (good job with good money, loving boyfriend, and less stress about being in a new city) that I was able to keep myself in check and really listen to my body. I feel good about myself.

Plus, even more interesting news, possibly in 2 or 3 years we actually may be moving to Japan if my boyfriend makes it to where he wants to eventually be.

For the first time, in a long time, I feel really excited for the future. Cheers everyone :]

Awesome! Congrats!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ...I totally own this page. You guys, I talk WAY too much. *hangs head in shame*

We like when you're talking like this, it means you're having a better day :)
    ...I totally own this page. You guys, I talk WAY too much. *hangs head in shame*

+1 <3:)

Aww, thank you both! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

+1 <3:)

+2!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm calling today a wash, I'm starving and making hot dogs for dinner (hubby's request), so I just quick added 1100 calories for dinner and called it a day. :flushed:

Which leads me to the confession: I get jealous of people who go on and on about how they're so stuffed and sick and full of guilt because they ate like 3000 calories. When I'm in full-blown food monster mode, it's so easy to rack up 5000+ calories that it's not even funny. :'( 3000 calories would be so much easier to fix, deficit-wise!

I'm with you on this. I have had many days where I am 5000 over my daily goal. :( If I didn't work by butt off every morning during my workouts/runs...I would have gained a bazillion pounds this past year..(death of my mom, dog, and cat...caused a lot of stress and I became an emotional eater for the first time in my life).

it seems to go like <feel gloom> = <don't care about my calorie goal> = <don't log> = <eat the world... JUST BECAUSE I'M NOT LOGGING>.

I really hate the mental association I seem to have developed that tells me that logging means being mindful about my intake, and not logging means I should go crazy. But I can't seem to get rid of it. :( I never had it before I started logging my calories, and I feel like logging has increased my obsessive tendencies toward food in a bad way. But I'm afraid to stop logging because I might just go crazy and gain everything back. :(

You are describing me exactly right there!!! It really sucks!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm calling today a wash, I'm starving and making hot dogs for dinner (hubby's request), so I just quick added 1100 calories for dinner and called it a day. :flushed:

those are some big hot dogs.

In my defense, I also made chili and fries, and may or may not have eaten 2 hot dogs with mayo and chili and 2 servings of fries. Note to self: make sure to eat before going to a party :/
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I really am having a bad few days. I got in the bath tonight and burst into tears. I don't normally cry, even when i should, so to just cry like that tells me things are very wrong. It seems to be an accumulation of things, not any one thing in particular, but i am feeling extremely low and a total failure at everything, including weight loss and exercise. I will be making an appointment with my GP in the morning, to discuss my medication dosages.

• raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.

Haha! That sounds like my daughter too! All Frozen, all the time. If it's not playing on some DVD player in my house on loop, she's still running around singing "Let it Go" and proclaiming herself to be Elsa. I've tried to use that to my advantage with the potty training endeavors, but still no luck...
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Wow, why would it be that much? Two regular sized frankfurters in buns with cheese only cost me around 600 calories, and I find it to be plenty of food. :o

Although, come to think of it, if I were starving I could easily put away 1000 calories of hotdogs...

Which leads me to the confession: I get jealous of people who go on and on about how they're so stuffed and sick and full of guilt because they ate like 3000 calories. When I'm in full-blown food monster mode, it's so easy to rack up 5000+ calories that it's not even funny. :'( 3000 calories would be so much easier to fix, deficit-wise!

I should've added everything else I was making. Aaaaand I ate too much and now feel like crap....
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I really am having a bad few days. I got in the bath tonight and burst into tears. I don't normally cry, even when i should, so to just cry like that tells me things are very wrong. It seems to be an accumulation of things, not any one thing in particular, but i am feeling extremely low and a total failure at everything, including weight loss and exercise. I will be making an appointment with my GP in the morning, to discuss my medication dosages.

To quote some very smart people from this thread "Remember the shark" :) You are far from a failure! Not very many people would take in a young child who is not biologically theirs and promise to take care and love said child the rest of their life. You are an amazing caring woman and a huge part of this thread! Positive vibes and love your way :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.
    Apparently, from what I've heard and read, there's a Frozen 2 coming sometime in 2018. I'm so ready!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Exactly.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Apparently, from what I've heard and read, there's a Frozen 2 coming sometime in 2018. I'm so ready!

What the what?! Woo hoo!! Thanks for telling me this as I was unaware, Yayy!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I like Frozen too!

Confession - this week's been pretty much a wash (probably at maintenance. Maybe a bit more. Had to estimate a lot), but considering I've been having PMS and my mom was here (we ate out 4 times), it could have been way worse. I made pretty good choices every time (ok I had one too many rolls and too much cheese tonight) and I did not get dessert when we went out, which is huge for me. Still sticking to my 'I only eat it if I really crave it' manta now when it comes to sweets... as I enjoy what I actually crave way more.

Still, I have one month until my vacation and would really like to lose 2 pounds by then (because I know I'll gain them right back), so I hope I don't get too hungry and can stick to a cut this month... we'll see...
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I confess that I was getting sick of my hair since it felt dry & the longer length again was feeling hot since it's nearing Summer. After watching the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars I asked my sister to cut my hair like Aria's new shorter hairstyle.

normal_3.jpg

Wow you do trust your sister! I bet it looks cute though especially since you didn't mention disowning her once it was done!
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    it's national donut day!
    in honor of this sacred day, dunkin is giving out a free donut with the purchase of any beverage.
    never forget ;)

I can't believe I just found this out, after having already had breakfast. So now I'll be having a donut and an iced coffee for lunch.

My confession of the day - today I woke up and really wished that my fiance and I had decided to elope. I love my family and am looking forward to the chance to meet extended family on his side that I've never met, but it gets so stressful trying to keep everyone happy. Even the people that 'just want to help' are stressing me out right now! I prefer to do things myself, because I'm a perfectionist, and I'm running out of small tasks to give to people that want nothing more than to be involved.

Ok, I feel better now. Back to work

I'm still behind, hence I'm checking this thread while not at work which I usually don't do. So forgive me if this was already asked. When are you getting married? How many people are invited?

You didn't miss it! We are getting married the first weekend of October in Indianapolis (where I'm from), so we still have plenty of time. I don't think it will be a huge wedding, but not small either - shooting for 120 guests.

I feel like a little bit of a jerk having complained, because my mom and sister were great this weekend. And we just ordered our invitations, which is the last big thing to do. We have a menu, pies for dessert are ordered (the tasting was so much fun!), I have my dress, etc. But even as much as we have done, it has still been more stressful than I expected!

I can't wait to get married though, and my fiancé has been great about helping with things. As long as we're both there and we enjoy ourselves, it'll be great, right?
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I also eat yogurt after its due date.....it stays fresh for WAY longer than people think, as long as it is sealed and not sour or moldy, it is fine to eat! "Best before" dates are really just sell before dates, and most things can be eaten well after that.....dry goods for over a year after that.....the only one to really pay attention to is fresh meat.....
    Me, too...

I didn't begin doing so until about a year ago -- on the day when it occurred to me, when noting that the yogurt I'd just pulled from the fridge (from an original 'stock' of several 1000g containers I'd purchased, and of which one had inadvertently been 'hidden' near the back of the bottom shelf) had a date that had become 'a past tense reality'... that I didn't quite know what the date on yogurt was supposed to imply, specifically, given that it was a product that was fermentative -- and thus time would seemingly become a somewhat nebulous concept, and be riddled with imprecision, when it came to the determination of a true 'no longer good to eat' date (and would perhaps/likely have among its factors the specific species of bacteria used (and how much was present) in any given (brand and volume of) yogurt).

...and so... I initially checked online, to clarify whether others ate yogurt well past its 'date' (a date which for many brands does not contain any form of clarifying descriptor as to just what the date is supposed to represent (i.e. whether 'sell by', 'use by', or 'becomes deadly and toxic on' ;) ) -- and in reading of how so many others ate yogurt that was well past its 'date', I then wondered why on earth it had taken me so long to even 'pursue this line of questioning' (so to speak)... but then realized that I hadn't previously purchased yogurt in the quantities I had over the past few years, and with my having otherwise eaten such yogurt before the date that was stamped on the respective containers, there was no 'need' to know prior to that day-which-shall-go-down-in-history date from last year, when my yogurt-eating world changed... ;)

Yes, as my experience confirms (for me, specifically) such yogurt can be eaten for many months after the stamped date -- as long as it has remained sealed, has been kept in a temperature-controlled environment, is not 'off'-smelling or moldy, and... as I've come to include in the unofficial 'checklist' associated with such, "looks normal" -- in terms of consistency, and anything I've come to associate with 'normal' for a given brand (there was one 'past the date candidate' container that didn't smell bad, and looked like various other yogurts do, but I knew that what I was looking at didn't 'look the same' as what I'd come to know as being 'the norm' for this specific brand, and so... given that I wasn't sure just how much 'leeway' might be associated with such (in terms of will-not-cause-negative-bodily-consequence/'toilet time'), and regardless of whether it might have 'just begun' to spoil, there was no way I was going to chance it (especially after having previously confirmed my need to trust that instinct ;) )... and so, that one was given the heave-ho).

The 'looks like what is normal for that brand and version' litmus test is also something I've come to rely on for newly purchased yogurt, and yogurt which is otherwise going to be consumed before the date stamped on its container. I've encountered the 'doesn't look like its norm' aspect more than a few times, and the occurrence of any such doesn't-look-like-its-norm 'state' would seem imply that somewhere along the chain of custody in that yogurt's 'handling', routing, etc. (and perhaps during its 'while in-store' time (and possibly involving its having been at the front of the shelf, and exposed to warmer temps, or having been in someone's cart, before being 'thumbs-downed', and then later being put back on the shelf)), it was not kept below the relevant temperature threshold beyond which spoilage begins to occur.

My one and only time that I did not err on the side of caution, when it comes to this 'something doesn't look right' aspect, involved my seemingly wanting to think that I was 'seeing things', or that I was 'worrying about nothing'... and after having purchased a few small, individual-sized containers of yogurt, not long after a workout, and wanting to eat one of them in the car, before driving back home, I (regrettably) ate the yogurt in question -- it didn't smell 'off', and didn't taste strange, but it didn't quite look 'the same' as what I'd seen of that yogurt before... and not all that long after (though after I'd arrived home, thankfully), the subsequently triggered 'toilet time' confirmed to me that I should have stuck with my first instinct, and not eaten the yogurt (and I never have, since, if and when any yogurt seems to look 'a little different' in some(/any) way (I don't need to learn that lesson twice! ;) ))...

Lastly, due to my preference for buying several large containers when they're on sale, I've gotten into the habit of storing the yogurt 'tubs' in the back of the fridge, where the consistency of the cold temperature is greater than what would technically be encountered/'experienced' near the front of the fridge (and the opened-several-times-a-day fridge door) -- if only to optimize the odds that any such yogurt will 'maintain its mojo' for months after the stamped date, should any part of the consumption timeline happen to come to that...
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

I hope your GP can help.

Feel better!!

You are not a failure.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It seems quite a few of you do this too, so I'm glad. But if I'm more than maybe 200 over my goal I'll log some stuff for the next day instead.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

I confess I've never seen Frozen. And I have four children ages 13 and under; 3 of them are girls. I count myself lucky :smiley:

I have never seen Frozen either and I have four children ages 14 and under, 3 of them girls. It's not luck, it's good planning.