Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I'm calling today a wash, I'm starving and making hot dogs for dinner (hubby's request), so I just quick added 1100 calories for dinner and called it a day. :flushed:

Which leads me to the confession: I get jealous of people who go on and on about how they're so stuffed and sick and full of guilt because they ate like 3000 calories. When I'm in full-blown food monster mode, it's so easy to rack up 5000+ calories that it's not even funny. :'( 3000 calories would be so much easier to fix, deficit-wise!

I'm with you on this. I have had many days where I am 5000 over my daily goal. :( If I didn't work by butt off every morning during my workouts/runs...I would have gained a bazillion pounds this past year..(death of my mom, dog, and cat...caused a lot of stress and I became an emotional eater for the first time in my life).
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm calling today a wash, I'm starving and making hot dogs for dinner (hubby's request), so I just quick added 1100 calories for dinner and called it a day. :flushed:

Wow, why would it be that much? Two regular sized frankfurters in buns with cheese only cost me around 600 calories, and I find it to be plenty of food. :o

Although, come to think of it, if I were starving I could easily put away 1000 calories of hotdogs...

Which leads me to the confession: I get jealous of people who go on and on about how they're so stuffed and sick and full of guilt because they ate like 3000 calories. When I'm in full-blown food monster mode, it's so easy to rack up 5000+ calories that it's not even funny. :'( 3000 calories would be so much easier to fix, deficit-wise!

Exactly! There's some days when I am pmsing that I can easily rack up 5,000 in probably half of a day! I remember one bad binge around Easter I ate around 8-10 Russell Stover eggs, two candy bars from Target that were multiple servings, ice cream, & I am sure tons of other candy.

Ice cream I can polish off two or three pints around my period & one time a 12 serving container:(.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that after a month of not logging, I haven't gained weight at all. I've actually lost inches instead, which is weird and awesome at the same time. I'm pretty happy that I didn't go over board with food and actually was able to eat cake, ice cream, doughnuts and really really amazing things all throughout this and feel normal.

This is a HUGE step for me because I have been SO worried that I was just gonna gain everything back, but I think because my life is slowly improving (good job with good money, loving boyfriend, and less stress about being in a new city) that I was able to keep myself in check and really listen to my body. I feel good about myself.

Plus, even more interesting news, possibly in 2 or 3 years we actually may be moving to Japan if my boyfriend makes it to where he wants to eventually be.

For the first time, in a long time, I feel really excited for the future. Cheers everyone :]

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I'm with you on this. I have had many days where I am 5000 over my daily goal. :( If I didn't work by butt off every morning during my workouts/runs...I would have gained a bazillion pounds this past year..(death of my mom, dog, and cat...caused a lot of stress and I became an emotional eater for the first time in my life).

I was never an emotional eater before, although I would occasionally get the munchies when mildly stressed. I don't want to eat at all when I'm extremely depressed. But recently, it seems to go like <feel gloom> = <don't care about my calorie goal> = <don't log> = <eat the world... JUST BECAUSE I'M NOT LOGGING>.

I really hate the mental association I seem to have developed that tells me that logging means being mindful about my intake, and not logging means I should go crazy. But I can't seem to get rid of it. :( I never had it before I started logging my calories, and I feel like logging has increased my obsessive tendencies toward food in a bad way. But I'm afraid to stop logging because I might just go crazy and gain everything back. :(

And since I have a neurological disorder that's triggered by both mental and physical stress, I can't do any vigorous exercise without ending up bedridden--so I end up doing damage control for WEEKS. Then I mess up again... :-/
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Wow, why would it be that much? Two regular sized frankfurters in buns with cheese only cost me around 600 calories, and I find it to be plenty of food. :o

Although, come to think of it, if I were starving I could easily put away 1000 calories of hotdogs...

Exactly! There's some days when I am pmsing that I can easily rack up 5,000 in probably half of a day! I remember one bad binge around Easter I ate around 8-10 Russell Stover eggs, two candy bars from Target that were multiple servings, ice cream, & I am sure tons of other candy.

Ice cream I can polish off two or three pints around my period & one time a 12 serving container:(.

I can put away that much on a bad day as well. And it makes me hate myself so much. Like, "What is WRONG with me? Why am I such a disgusting pig, and why can't I just be NORMAL?!" :(
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I do, too! I got to watch it in a 4D movie theater in South Korea on my honeymoon. :D If you haven't heard of 4D, basically the entire room is rigged with special effects, like the chairs galloping when the actor on screen is riding a horse. It actually sprayed water in my face at one point during the big snowstorm towards the end!! :o
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I am happy to report that after a month of not logging, I haven't gained weight at all. I've actually lost inches instead, which is weird and awesome at the same time. I'm pretty happy that I didn't go over board with food and actually was able to eat cake, ice cream, doughnuts and really really amazing things all throughout this and feel normal.

This is a HUGE step for me because I have been SO worried that I was just gonna gain everything back, but I think because my life is slowly improving (good job with good money, loving boyfriend, and less stress about being in a new city) that I was able to keep myself in check and really listen to my body. I feel good about myself.

Plus, even more interesting news, possibly in 2 or 3 years we actually may be moving to Japan if my boyfriend makes it to where he wants to eventually be.

For the first time, in a long time, I feel really excited for the future. Cheers everyone :]

Wow, that's so wonderful! It must be so liberating. :) Congratulations!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I hide my personal stash of yummy things in an empty box of bran flakes.
    No way is hubby or kidlets ever looking there.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ...I totally own this page. You guys, I talk WAY too much. *hangs head in shame*
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I do, too! I got to watch it in a 4D movie theater in South Korea on my honeymoon. :D If you haven't heard of 4D, basically the entire room is rigged with special effects, like the chairs galloping when the actor on screen is riding a horse. It actually sprayed water in my face at one point during the big snowstorm towards the end!! :o

Wow!! This sounds amazing! How lucky are you?!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I confess I've never seen Frozen. And I have four children ages 13 and under; 3 of them are girls. I count myself lucky :smiley:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Wow!! This sounds amazing! How lucky are you?!

The luckiest! It was SO COOL. <3
  • heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Still coming at you from Feb. going on page 92! lol

This confession is hard to admit... but everyone else has been so brave.

I realized recently that I gained most of my weight before the age 18--actually, I figured that my rate of gain was about 100 pounds per 5-6 years before age 18 :/. Then in the 14 years since then I am up about 69 pounds from where I was when I started college. That is after losing 13 pounds. It's kinda crazy to think that I have gained a fraction of what I did in 18 years in 14. lol At this point I will be happy to get back to my college weight. And I will still have a ton to lose. lol But realizing this made me realize how it could be *so* much worse. It doesn't make me feel better about how I look, but I know it could be much worse. All the weight since college has mostly been the result of restricting cycles where I would lose weight fast then gain it back faster then add a few extra. I could kick myself for doing that, I only put myself in a worse place. It all adds up over years of doing that. This time feels different though. I am doing my best to not go extreme and end up gaining it back. If--no, WHEN I get to my goal range I will weigh less than I have since early elementary. I have no idea what I look like at a normal weight, last time I was that was <18 months according to my mom. But I suspect I will always have a butt and thick legs.. because I have since I was a kid. lol

That was sooo hard to admit. Weight is a very touchy subject for me. I'm very private about it. But reading all these posts make me feel like everyone is supportive and won't judge me, at least not outright. lol

Also, I am scared that I will never get the weight off. I try to think positively, but then I read people say stuff like "only 5% of people succeed at losing weight and keeping it off"... I yell at the computer screen "then why don't we all just give up and eat a whole pizza?" lol No, but seriously, I feel like if I can just get the weight off I will be able to keep my weight in a reasonable range. I have way more willpower than you would think with my weight. lol My weakness has always been snacking, once I start I keep doing it, on auto pilot almost, and because of chronic boredom and anxiety.

Sorry for another long post. :lol:

Oh, and I admit, I am addicted to Supernatural and Pretty Little Liars(see my screen name. lol) And I have no regrets! ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

That sounds wild!

At least it wasn't like the movie Bachelor Party starring Tom Hanks:)).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zKL3_-nXtY

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I realized recently that I gained most of my weight before the age 18--actually, I figured that my rate of gain was about 100 pounds per 5-6 years before age 18 :/. Then in the 14 years since then I am up about 69 pounds from where I was when I started college. That is after losing 13 pounds. It's kinda crazy to think that I have gained a fraction of what I did in 18 years in 14. lol At this point I will be happy to get back to my college weight. And I will still have a ton to lose. lol But realizing this made me realize how it could be *so* much worse. It doesn't make me feel better about how I look, but I know it could be much worse. All the weight since college has mostly been the result of restricting cycles where I would lose weight fast then gain it back faster then add a few extra. I could kick myself for doing that, I only put myself in a worse place. It all adds up over years of doing that. This time feels different though. I am doing my best to not go extreme and end up gaining it back. If--no, WHEN I get to my goal range I will weigh less than I have since early elementary. I have no idea what I look like at a normal weight, last time I was that was <18 months according to my mom. But I suspect I will always have a butt and thick legs.. because I have since I was a kid. lol

That was sooo hard to admit. Weight is a very touchy subject for me. I'm very private about it. But reading all these posts make me feel like everyone is supportive and won't judge me, at least not outright. lol

Also, I am scared that I will never get the weight off. I try to think positively, but then I read people say stuff like "only 5% of people succeed at losing weight and keeping it off"... I yell at the computer screen "then why don't we all just give up and eat a whole pizza?" lol No, but seriously, I feel like if I can just get the weight off I will be able to keep my weight in a reasonable range. I have way more willpower than you would think with my weight. lol My weakness has always been snacking, once I start I keep doing it, on auto pilot almost, and because of chronic boredom and anxiety.

Oh, and I admit, I am addicted to Supernatural and Pretty Little Liars(see my screen name. lol) And I have no regrets! ;)

As long as you stick to a reasonable goal & fit some snacking into your diary when you want to then you should get to your goal. I started out at around 300 pounds in September 2012 & hit 153 pounds (now around 158-160+ from a few bad binges) in 2014.

Who do you want Charles/A to be?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ...I totally own this page. You guys, I talk WAY too much. *hangs head in shame*

We like when you're talking like this, it means you're having a better day :)
  • heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    Options

As long as you stick to a reasonable goal & fit some snacking into your diary when you want to then you should get to your goal. I started out at around 300 pounds in September 2012 & hit 153 pounds (now around 158-160+ from a few bad binges) in 2014.

Who do you want Charles/A to be?

Yea.. I don't snack at all, at least not currently. I started out low carb and I was eating peanuts for snack. But once the keto appetite killer part stopped helping me I started eating too many peanuts. Not enough to gain, but it needed to stop. lol Now I'm being more moderate about it, eating what I like in moderation and for now it's easier to not snack. Most the time I'm not hungry anyway! It's snacking that makes me hungry. lol That is so great! :) I hope in 3 years that I am down a lot, not sure if I will be at my goal, but in that direction would be great. lol

And OMG yay! You know about PLL. :D I really don't know. lol I have a feeling that Charles is Jason's twin brother(the video they showed with two little boys made me think that was Jason and Charles--but I could be wrong. lol), but I have no clue who it could be! I am just letting myself be surprised when it's revealed, because thinking about it too much drives me crazy. lol I think about it a lot too! :D I am sad that it's on it's last 2 seasons. I wanted to be down to my goal before it was over and plan a really cool PLL tattoo to get. But at this pace I doubt I can lose it all in a little under 2 years. lol
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank god it's summer! Just found out my gym is closed from tomorrow until June 29th for remodeling!! I know I can jog outside but I have always been a gym goer- this just makes me sad :'(

Edited- spelling for the win again!

Running on a treadmill makes me grumpy, even if it's 15°F I'll run outside if the roads are clear.

Also I went for a 12 mile bike ride this morning and my butt hurts.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

We like when you're talking like this, it means you're having a better day :)

+1 <3:)