Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I really am having a bad few days. I got in the bath tonight and burst into tears. I don't normally cry, even when i should, so to just cry like that tells me things are very wrong. It seems to be an accumulation of things, not any one thing in particular, but i am feeling extremely low and a total failure at everything, including weight loss and exercise. I will be making an appointment with my GP in the morning, to discuss my medication dosages.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. My depression has recently taken a dive and become worse than it has been in years, so I know how bad you must be feeling. I'm struggling so hard against falling into the pit (so to speak), but I really don't know what to do. :( Your feelings describe mine as well, unfortunately--I've been feeling like a complete and utter waste of space lately who doesn't deserve to live. :-/ I hope you start feeling better soon!

Susie, first, let me apologize if you feel I am being overly personal and intrusive.

Have you considered that Depo may be contributing to your depression? When I first took it, my doctor asked if I had a history of depression, I said no because I didn't have a history of depression. Two months later I was sitting in my car contemplating suicide. The only think that stopped me was, that as an over-thinker, I couldn't figure out why I felt like that. Nothing in my life had changed for the worse; my feeling weren't based on my reality. I was simply, suddenly, suicidal.

It may also cause spammy pimples.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I really am having a bad few days. I got in the bath tonight and burst into tears. I don't normally cry, even when i should, so to just cry like that tells me things are very wrong. It seems to be an accumulation of things, not any one thing in particular, but i am feeling extremely low and a total failure at everything, including weight loss and exercise. I will be making an appointment with my GP in the morning, to discuss my medication dosages.

(More hugs)
    I had a bit of a melt down on Friday and Saturday but I blamed TOM. My SO took the full force of it I'm ashamed to say. He understands and knows what to do. Like I know how to deal with him, but I shouldn't really take it out on him.

I hope it goes/ went well.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. My depression has recently taken a dive and become worse than it has been in years, so I know how bad you must be feeling. I'm struggling so hard against falling into the pit (so to speak), but I really don't know what to do. :( Your feelings describe mine as well, unfortunately--I've been feeling like a complete and utter waste of space lately who doesn't deserve to live. :-/ I hope you start feeling better soon!

@Susieq_1994 , first, let me apologize if you feel I am being overly personal and intrusive.

Have you considered that Depo may be contributing to your depression? When I first took it, my doctor asked if I had a history of depression, I said no because I didn't have a history of depression. Two months later I was sitting in my car contemplating suicide. The only think that stopped me was, that as an over-thinker, I couldn't figure out why I felt like that. Nothing in my life had changed for the worse; my feeling weren't based on my reality. I was simply, suddenly, suicidal.

And weight gain....for like NO reason.

That's actually on the list of reasons why my doctor would not put me on the Depo was the pimples and the weight gain. She said she was proud of me for losing some weight and said my skin was FINALLY doing really well.
    Not gonna lie, I :heart: my NuvaRing.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I have to do my weekly food shop today and although my other half is not a fan of cakes or biscuits, he is a total ice cream fiend so I pick him up some every week (he is not dieting with me). Every week I spend a good 5 minutes staring at the lollies and tubs I refuse to buy myself while feeling slightly envious of the way my OH can guilt-free devour his. Even more so since I spotted a new Daim bar chocolate tub.

Is a lolly a popsicle or a lollipop? Also for those in England what do you guys refer to as a pot? Is it a pot of yogurt, oats, or porridge?
    They're all asleep! A lolly or an iced-lolly is a popsicle. Not sure about the pot question... Definitely yoghurt (English spelling!) is sold in 'pots'. Aren't they everywhere? The term 'porridge pot' is one I've only ever heard in the story about the magic one which kept on producing porridge! Might be an old term. Porridge is the same as oatmeal.

Same container, but they're called cups, same with pudding and fruit.

I'm working through this post since Friday so this is a bit behind but what exactly is 'pudding'? Because in England Pudding is the same a 'dessert' as in the last course of a three course meal. It always looks like a pot of custard in the films/movies.

Pudding = Custard in American speak. ;) It can refer to both the cooked version made with milk and starch, or it can refer to an instant version that's made with gelatin.

Ah, I thought it looked like custard! I could probably eat a lot of custard if I tried, I wouldn't dare trying. :#
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

Yay!!

Lots of variety for your trip.

It will be so nice. I don't think I've ever had multiple swimsuits before. I'm mildly excited about wearing them too. Not super excited about having to shave my bikini area however. :/

That's why I only wear swimming suits with skirts, lol. I'm 37 and I've never even trimmed anything down there, because loose hair freaks me out and I don't want to have to clean up the mess (ok and I'd have no idea how to do it anyway). Forget shaving or waxing, I always get horrible ingrown hair and I'll be damned if I even try it down there.

Speaking of swimsuits, I'm now very peeved because my period is a week late, which means I will probably get it right in the middle of our vacation next month. Our first real vacation in years... to the beach... and I don't do tampons.

Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. It makes a hell of a difference. You can get razors with electric trimmers on the end, use those to trim, if you just want to tidy. If you want to shave, go with the grain of the hair. Always use sharp/new razors, never use a razor which you've used to shave your armpits/legs.

My confession for today is that I am learning a lot on how to be a girl on this thread. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up and my mum was too busy to do the girly talks because as previously said, she is a director of a company so I was never taught how to be a girl. I generally wing everything. As a teenager I took every TOM as is came and didn't wear make-up until I was 17 because I didn't know how and didn't want to look orange. I still don't wear foundation or powders for this reason. Shaving is a mystery to me. I do my legs fine, but I get ingrowing hairs in my arm pits and bikini line all the time. I spend a lot of bathroom time picking them.
    I'm actually REALLY ashamed of this because my SO's sister is perfect. She styles her hair every day, immaculate nails and make-up, she self-tans and you can't tell and she can't wear anything and pull it off. She puts me to shame.

There are lots of astringents out there to help prevent theses and as @orangesmartie said exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! I don't shave that area it's too much of a hassle- I get a brazillian and be done with it :)

Also for hair and makeup there are so many youtube videos out there if you ever need help!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

Ahhh, no judgement but WHAT! Frozen is one thing I can understand but no Grease or Dirty Dancing!? Oh my goodness you're missing out, I love, love, love those movies! I can still perform every song from Grease if asked to do so haha :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!
  • Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sigh.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like dirty dancing. I here there was a movie by that name, too. :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Ahhh, no judgement but WHAT! Frozen is one thing I can understand but no Grease or Dirty Dancing!? Oh my goodness you're missing out, I love, love, love those movies! I can still perform every song from Grease if asked to do so haha :)

Me too!!

In fact, next time my musical hating husband is out, I know what's going in the DVD player.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Me too!!

In fact, next time my musical hating husband is out, I know what's going in the DVD player.

Haha good choice!! I'm a musical fanatic!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Susie, first, let me apologize if you feel I am being overly personal and intrusive.

lol at the spammy pimples! ;) I don't think you're being intrusive or overly personal at all--if I wasn't familiar with the side effects of Depo, it would have been an important thing to consider and I would have been very grateful for someone to have brought it up.

I have considered it before, but the fact of the matter is that I've been a depressive for years--in fact, my depression was reduced during my use of the Depo shot. I've been using it for a year and a half, and my depression has been relatively mild during this time, although I doubt the depo shot contributed to the reduction in my symptoms. I do know that it has a common side effect of depression and mood swings, but it hasn't really affected me much in that area, luckily.

And I've always had spammy pimples during my period time, the depo actually reduced the occurrence of my break-outs to once every two months or so rather than every month like clockwork. ;)

I sure do wish the solution to my depression could be that simple, though! :) My maternal side of the family actually has a long history of clinical depression and mental illness, and I'm just a casualty of genetics, I suppose. This recent increase in my depressive symptoms might just be environment-related, since I'm going through some stressful family issues right now and my husband became pretty sick a while back (that was majorly scary for me), along with the fact that I've gained a lot of weight during the last few months. :-/

Also, I've messed up my circadian rhythm and I've been staying awake all night and sleeping during the day, which always affects my depression really badly (I need sunlight! ;)). I'm hoping that just getting everything back to normal will help me feel better. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

@Susieq_1994 , first, let me apologize if you feel I am being overly personal and intrusive.

And weight gain....for like NO reason.

That's actually on the list of reasons why my doctor would not put me on the Depo was the pimples and the weight gain. She said she was proud of me for losing some weight and said my skin was FINALLY doing really well.
    Not gonna lie, I :heart: my NuvaRing.

Luckily I haven't had any issues at all in the weight gain/weight loss department! The only time I gain weight is when I'm stuffing my face like a crazed pig... ;)

I actually consider myself very lucky to have missed out on almost all of the unpleasant side effects of the depo shot. :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

lol at the spammy pimples! ;) I don't think you're being intrusive or overly personal at all--if I wasn't familiar with the side effects of Depo, it would have been an important thing to consider and I would have been very grateful for someone to have brought it up.

I have considered it before, but the fact of the matter is that I've been a depressive for years--in fact, my depression was reduced during my use of the Depo shot. I've been using it for a year and a half, and my depression has been relatively mild during this time, although I doubt the depo shot contributed to the reduction in my symptoms. I do know that it has a common side effect of depression and mood swings, but it hasn't really affected me much in that area, luckily.

And I've always had spammy pimples during my period time, the depo actually reduced the occurrence of my break-outs to once every two months or so rather than every month like clockwork. ;)

I sure do wish the solution to my depression could be that simple, though! :) My maternal side of the family actually has a long history of clinical depression and mental illness, and I'm just a casualty of genetics, I suppose. This recent increase in my depressive symptoms might just be environment-related, since I'm going through some stressful family issues right now and my husband became pretty sick a while back (that was majorly scary for me), along with the fact that I've gained a lot of weight during the last few months. :-/

Also, I've messed up my circadian rhythm and I've been staying awake all night and sleeping during the day, which always affects my depression really badly (I need sunlight! ;)). I'm hoping that just getting everything back to normal will help me feel better. :)

I do hope you feel better soon!!
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    we all feel down sometimes and it takes silly things to make us cry. Take it easy and one step at a time. Hugs x

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess that I about died Monday when I saw that Faith No More had just booked a show at Red Rocks in September...Got my tickets on Wednesday - 25th row! (sold out this morning.)

My favorite band in the entire universe. THE. ENTIRE. UNIVERSE.

I was so sad when they called it quits in '98 & thought they'd always just be music that I would throw on & wax nostalgic for the hard-partying 90s. When they did get together and perform in later years, it was always overseas.

Now it's 2015, they've got a new album out (solid B+ as far as reunions go) and they're playing at M************ RED ROCKS. 5 minutes from my house. If you couldn't tell, I am FAR BEYOND STOKED.

Nice! I had the sadz yesterday, because Rob Zombie was playing 30 minutes from my house and 1) I had no one to go with, hubs doesn't do that kind of music, and 2) couldn't afford to buy tickets. It was Rob *kitten* Zombie, dammit! :rage:

That is rubbish! I'd have gone with you but I think I'm on the wrong continent.
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thanks! Today seems to be a much better day, and things seem to be slowly improving. I had my official "one week in" weigh-in this morning, and I'm down 2.3 kg since last Monday, which is very encouraging. I know it's mostly water and waste, but it tells me that I DIDN'T put on a full five kilos (I have about 2.8 kilos left to lose until I'm back down to where I was after my vacation, five kilos up from my lowest. Ugh.) in two weeks of not logging, which makes me feel a little better about myself. :)
  • Francl27
    Options

Thanks! Today seems to be a much better day, and things seem to be slowly improving. I had my "official one week in" weigh in this morning, and I'm down 2.3 kg since last Monday, which is very encouraging. I know it's mostly water and waste, but it tells me that I DIDN'T put on a full five kilos (I have about 2.8 kilos left to lose until I'm back down to where I was after my vacation, five kilos up from my lowest. Ugh.) in two weeks of not logging, which makes me feel a little better about myself. :)

That's really good!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Thanks! Today seems to be a much better day, and things seem to be slowly improving. I had my "official one week in" weigh in this morning, and I'm down 2.3 kg since last Monday, which is very encouraging. I know it's mostly water and waste, but it tells me that I DIDN'T put on a full five kilos (I have about 2.8 kilos left to lose until I'm back down to where I was after my vacation, five kilos up from my lowest. Ugh.) in two weeks of not logging, which makes me feel a little better about myself. :)

That's really good!

Ha, yup. My husband looked at the scale and was like... "No WAY!" ;)