Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Checkers Buffalo Wings.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Even though everyone else in my household bailed, I went to the gym by myself! NSV!

Woo hoo!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I wouldn't call my self a girly girl either, but I love me a good chick flick. I love Grease and am going tomorrow night to see in at a dinner theater!!!

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I really can't do chick flicks. The one exception would've been Steel Magnolias, but now it's so old and I've seen it so many times, it's more of a comedy. Whenever I hear about a guy getting in trouble because he wasn't sufficiently emotional enough after The Notebook, I'm usually on his side.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

Ahhh, no judgement but WHAT! Frozen is one thing I can understand but no Grease or Dirty Dancing!? Oh my goodness you're missing out, I love, love, love those movies! I can still perform every song from Grease if asked to do so haha :)

Me too!!

In fact, next time my musical hating husband is out, I know what's going in the DVD player.

I also loved Chicago with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Rene Zellweiger (I think I spelled that right but probably not). I had no idea Catherine could belt it out like that!

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I really can't do chick flicks. The one exception would've been Steel Magnolias, but now it's so old and I've seen it so many times, it's more of a comedy. Whenever I hear about a guy getting in trouble because he wasn't sufficiently emotional enough after The Notebook, I'm usually on his side.

I do not like chick flicks at all, and I cant stand rom-com....on the other hand, I do not like action either....
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have a question for you all.
    What do you do when you are really angry/upset?
    I used to smoke, but now I'm not I just want to bury my face in something sweet. I actually don't know how else to make myself feel better right now. I'm stuck at my desk, so gym/run is not an option right now, although I would like it to be. Does anyone know breathing exercises or something like that?

maybe take a micro break - go walk a flight of stairs or something? Sometimes if I can't get to the gym to blow steam off I will go take a walk... to Starbucks. Starbucks usually makes me feel better.

• Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Here is my Kyrie...she MIGHT be a little spoiled....she likes her bedroom with a view lol

kyrie2_zpszgjplimm.jpg
    So cute I love the photo ..she looks so sweet and isurprised!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to share a couple more photos of my little rodent boy <3

He loved to snuggle with me at night!

degu2_zpsfl0gcnts.jpg

degu_zps9ydw79mk.jpg
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So I've finally walked the stage and received my diploma. I'm beat.

My mom took me to buy a swimsuit today because she's in the city and wanted to treat me to something before I go on vacation, and I had a lot of them to try. I liked the first one a lot, and felt ok about the following ones but felt myself getting more and more self-conscious. I finally summoned the courage to ask my mom what she thought of one of them, and the look on her face just sent my heart plummeting. She then said ''I... don't know about that...'' Obviously, she was most likely just reacting to the bathing suit rather than criticizing my body, but after that I looked back into the mirror and couldn't stop staring at every little flaw... especially my fat legs. She liked another one, though, the one that I liked the most anyway, and she left me alone to get dressed. I proceeded to have a mini panic attack and started to cry in the changing room because I just felt so ugly and fat. Blah. If I feel like that from having my mom look at me, I'm seriously terrified of how I will be on the beach... if I can even work up the courage to go out there.

I mean, it was a nice thing for her to buy me a swimsuit and I pretty much ruined my afternoon by getting all depressed. After that I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep... I need to start body lovin' instead of hating on it all the time.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

degu2_zpsfl0gcnts.jpg

degu_zps9ydw79mk.jpg
    What a darling baby!!! I love snuggly animals.... maybe I should get myself a degu at some point, he's just too cute.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

degu2_zpsfl0gcnts.jpg

degu_zps9ydw79mk.jpg

Your cat and your little rodent boy are so cute!! <3 Thanks for sharing!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Does anyone have a good wedding story? Like, did you get married somewhere weird, or whatnot? Just wondering, because we still get funny looks when we mention where we got married (married by a notary public at the car lot he ran) lol. Hubby has already promised me a beach wedding when we decide to renew our vows, but it's still cute and funny about where we actually got married :laugh:

I'm feeling oddly reminiscent and emotional today for some reason, which is weird for me lol.

proposal story: hubby and I had been dating for two months and he kept joking that the ring was his insurance policy. He kept saying he "ordered the policy" or was waiting for it to "arrive". We went to the movies with a friend on November 14 and he kept saying he had his "insurance policy" in his pocket. Whenever I tried to grab it it wasn't there. Just before the movie ended his friend "wasn't feeling well and left". Unbeknownst to me, his friend was moving my hubby's car. The movie ended and as we were leaving the theater, my hubby pulled back in from the doors to look at the movie poster for "Milk". I had no idea what he was talking about or where his friend went. As he is walking me to my car, he hits the car starter for his. Nothing happens. He pushes the button for the horn to honk so we could find it and the car is not there. I am freaking out and it is freezing outside and I just can't believe someone would steal his car. We go to my car and as I am unlocking the door to let him in to call the police since someone stole his car, I turn around and he is on one knee. As he is asking me, a car tries to pull into the stall he is kneeling in. He had to get up and I made him get down on one knee to ask me again.

His friend had moved his car for him to set it up and the reason he pulled me back in to the theater to look at the "Milk" poster was because his friend was still driving the car out of the lot!!

The day we were married, Nov 14 a year later, the night before we had gotten wasted with friends and left the car across town to take a taxi home. The morning of the ceremony we realized the marriage licence was in the car we left at the mall and I had to take a bus across town to go get it. Hubby was hungover from the night before and when the JP showed up he asked if we were serious about getting married. Small world though, the JP that married us, in our home, married hubby's brother & SIL 10 years earlier. (we were married in our home with just the brother and SIL as we had a destination wedding later for the rest of the family - the brother & SIL couldn't go as their baby was just a month old at the time).

So in essence, he asked me to marry him twice and we were married twice!

• smashley_mashley
    Options
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9", too. My goal weight is 165 lbs, but I'd be happy with anything in the 170's at this point.

I'm 5'7". My goal weight is 125. I'm at 134 now. I honestly have never been this low in my life, but I still have a lot of fat to lose...I'm thinking I have a small frame or something...?
    You must have a smaller frame. I am 5'7" and started out at 204 and am wanting to get back down to 160. I am 18lbs away.

@nonoelmo, lovely poem

• smashley_mashley
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*

I bolded both because I agree with both. I think there is a lot of emphasis on heavy lifting and I have browsed the 5x5 ( looks kind of scary). My goal isn't to be magazine cover fit, I am fine with being "average" with some squish as long as I can fit into regular sized clothes.

But I am also in @52cardpickup's camp because since I have been doing strength training, I love being able to help carry appliances in the house or lift the couch whereas before I struggled.
  • tigerThea
    tigerThea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who welcomed me. This is a great thread and I'm glad I found it. It's really motivating to hear that every level of our personal struggles (lose, gain, maintain) can be a lesson for another level. This may be a lifelong effort, but it is worth it all.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    levan11 wrote: »
    Tried to think of a confession all weekend and failed! So these are more random thoughts than actual confessions...

Saturday's breakfast consisted of 1/2 a pack of wildberry skittles, 1/4 of a taco bell chicken quesadilla, and a chocolate chip cookie for good measure. I'm not even really concerned about the calories but sometimes I question whether I should be allowed to adult anymore. Also, I frequently use the word "adult" as a verb.

I am a bit irrationally angry at my boyfriend at the moment because he's not coming to my best friend's wedding in September because his best friend is getting married on the same day. Obviously, this is in no way his fault, but I have to pay for/stay in a hotel room by myself all weekend?! C'mon!

I fully intend on jumping on the FIFA World Cup bandwagon tonight. I love watching soccer but get annoyed that it's rarely shown on TV channels that I get.
    I assume you are talking about the women's. If you are I confess that I live in the host city and have no desire to check it out.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options

I wouldn't call my self a girly girl either, but I love me a good chick flick. I love Grease and am going tomorrow night to see in at a dinner theater!!!
    Yes I am quoting myself because some how i messed up my original quote. Tomorrow I am seeing Dirty Dancing for dinner theater! Sheesh, how did I manage that one!!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I loved Steel Magnolias. I cry every damn time.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    K. Finally caught up. My confession: Yesterday I liberally applied sunscreen as I went out to do some weeding. I applied to all of my typically applied areas. Went outside and enjoyed the nice sun. Last night my shoulder was bothering me and I figured it was a knot that I am planning to get massaged out. Nope. I wore my racer back shirt and completely forgot to apply sunscreen to my shoulder blades and now have a huge sunburn that almost looks like wings on my back. I am so mad because I really am a sunscreen nut in the summer. It is so painful.