Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.

Haha! That sounds like my daughter too! All Frozen, all the time. If it's not playing on some DVD player in my house on loop, she's still running around singing "Let it Go" and proclaiming herself to be Elsa. I've tried to use that to my advantage with the potty training endeavors, but still no luck...

Potty training at our house too! Does your little one go to daycare or are you a SAHM? Ours goes to daycare and she did pretty well this weekend. Only one accident yesterday, but we put a diaper on when she sleeps.

I'm a SAHM. She knows how everything works, what to do, and how to do it. The thing is, she won't do it. We bought panties and the waterproof ones to cover those, just so I'm not spending all day mopping up puddles of pee when she has accidents. She tries, but she tries after she pees or poops herself. The big goal is to have her potty trained before she starts 3K in September. Add in her sensory challenges and anxiety issues, and I have a feeling we're going to be at it awhile.

Potty training was a nightmare in my house. My son still pooped his pants regularly at 4.5. I had to take him to a therapist, but thankfully it helped. Now he's almost 7.5 and he still won't wipe half the time and still pees his bed once a week (and won't tell me, of course, until it's bedtime and the bed reeks and I have a lot of laundry to do the next day. Then he sleeps on the floor).

His sister still has poop in her underwear every single day. And I still have to remind them to wipe their hands (plus side - I never even consider eating their leftovers. *barf*).

Kids are just SO gross.
    They are. My youngest son wet the bed until he was almost 13. I was starting to worry I'd be having to take his wife aside and have a word about their wedding night sheets.

Oh this doesn't make me feel better LOL. Ugh. I have to double up on sheet protectors already as it goes right through.

Confession - hubby decided to work at home today. I was really looking forward to a day ALONE after my mom left... but nope. He's working in the dining room but it means I still can't watch Sailor Moon Crystal in peace (I admit... I only watch it when I'm alone, being 37 and all). His office might close in a few months too, which means he'd work at home all the time and I'm really not excited about that.
    Ok, didn't want to make you feel bad. If you're interested, here's what we did to solve the situation: Put him on small foam mattress on floor with a waterproof cover (he usually sleeps in a heavy mattressed queen bed) with a pile of clean sheets. He was required to check his bed every morning and if wet, wash and dry the sheets and his clothes, and put the bed back together. We did also restrict his drinks to little sips after 6pm. Within a week he was regularly dry, and reliably dry within 2 weeks.
    I know this sounds mean but we were ALL exasperated and felt that physically he could go all night but was just not doing it, due to a combination of habit and laziness and pull-ups (seriously, ditch the pull-ups if you can). He was also motivated because at 12, sleepovers when you wet the bed are embarrassing.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 I bet your cake is going to be beautiful and I very much understand your resentment. "No" is a great word and concept! It can be said very nicely, "I am so flattered that you remember my cakes fondly, I wish I could help with your daughter's cake! I have the name of a person I can recommend as I don't have the time to give your daughter the cake she deserves and I can't do a half-baked job. You made my day by asking me. Here's so&so's number, tell her I told you to call." :wink:

@ythannah - neat saying, I had not heard that before.
    Thanks for the sympathy. I actually ended up feeling like a complete b!tch about it, because they were SO sweet, grateful and excited. Here's the cake (birthday girl hidden!)
    stsgatopvy70.jpg

Gorgeous

Wow, you are talented!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.
    Shark week seems a little harsh to me.

I pretty much just say I jave my period. I had a friend who called it her little friend which I always thought was weird to me it is an enemy. Time of month makes sense to me too. Shark week is weird.

I say 'I'm on the blob.' I refer to it as blob week. I don't think this is a standard phrase, but most people understand it straight away!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.
    Shark week seems a little harsh to me.

I pretty much just say I jave my period. I had a friend who called it her little friend which I always thought was weird to me it is an enemy. Time of month makes sense to me too. Shark week is weird.

I say 'I'm on the blob.' I refer to it as blob week. I don't think this is a standard phrase, but most people understand it straight away!
    I SAY THAT TOO! My college friend and I used to say it.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I made the first page of this thread with my peanut butter confession. I was ashamed that I couldn't eat it in moderation and that I wasted it. I just bought some today for the first time since I posted, and it's already giving me trouble. This time I will find someone to give it away to.
    Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but yours is one of the most quoted confessions. It seems you're not alone in your struggles!

Really? I hope people weren't too harsh. I don't like wasting food, that's why it was such a confession-more than the moderation thing. I had to unstar the thread for awhile because it was clogging up some of my other discussions. Glad I'm not alone though. Don't know what it is about peanut butter.

Nobody was harsh, most of the quotes were people who could relate! ;)

Okay cool. I saw one when I first posted about the fact that I wasted and it made me feel bad.

You are like some kind of mythical folk hero on this thread!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get a little concerned over here, AF is as of now 3 days late. Ugh! (May or may not be a little TMI)

It's now three days later...and I'm behind. Preg or no?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    levan11 wrote: »
    I confess to being a lurker! This is my first post ever but I have been reading this thread since day one and joined the group because I couldn't bear the thought of all of you wonderful people that I don't know leaving me behind. I can relate to so much of what has been said here and it truly keeps me coming back to this site. I wanted my first post to be something interesting and exciting but I am at a loss and a bit short on time at the moment so I promise that I will post a real honest to goodness confession soon!

WELCOME!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I usually weigh in on Sundays, but I am away this weekend (long weekend, woohoo!), so I weighed in on Friday morning. Before I did, I caught a glimpse of my side-view in the bathroom mirror, frowned and thought, "My tummy looks visibly smaller. But that can't be right. Must be an optical illusion."

I was right! I'd got a woosh, lost 1.2kg in a week, bringing my total loss to 5.3kg and taking me under 105kg for the first time in over a year! I may have done the happy dance around my bathroom. It's not much, but it's something, and it's going to be even better soon, I am determined!

Also, I promised myself a new jacket for skating when I got under 105. Guess I get to go shopping now, woot!

AWESOME!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Want to say finally caught up! My total weight loss so far is 34 pounds! My two year old weighs 32 pounds. I keep thinking I lost a Hannah worth of weight and it's cool to realize why it was so hard for me to get off the couch 34 pounds ago! Feeling good today!

Congrats! That is terrific!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

2b49d95d4a582cb4aa274d21aac855b4.jpg

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.

Is is funny b/c it is so true!!

I also hate (and I am not sure if I have posted this here or in the "Things That Make You Irrationally Angry" thread when there are multiple open stalls and you give yourself some space and someone take the stall right beside you. Okay, this just downright pisses me of when people do this.

The only time I'll do that is if someone makes a mess in all of the other stalls. How hard is it for people to flush the commode in a public restroom? If you don't want to touch the handle then at least use your shoe or grab a piece of toilet paper.

this is the only, and I mean ONLY, exception.

But I do like when I go into a women's public restroom and the toilet seat is up. It means it was just cleaned I am the first to use it!

Me, too!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Good grief - I take a peek since my parents finally got internet service better than dial up (yes in the USA and within the last year -- still no cell phone service on the ranch thoug...) and there are 1K new messages and I will not have time in the next two days either ---- so I fully expect 2K new messages by the time I arrive safely back at home on Sunday night.

The drive here was pretty good. My son did navigating for me (i.e. reading iphone map directions). I managed due to construction to hit three cities during rush hours including - Los Angeles, and Sacramento. Ugh, always a challenge but we got through it. Today my SO joined us at the tail end of a business trip in the area (I'm glad he drove out a few hours to be with us after his meetings) and we went for a hike to a water fall with my daughter. We did an impromptu jumping into a pool in the creek in our hiking clothes (sans hiking shoes) for a refreshing swim before the hike back. My SO beat my mom in scrabble, which was very amusing because she got very antimated toward the end of the game. SO and I then headed out to view an amazing, dark night sky until the moonrise made the sky too bright to see the stars well. Tomorrow SO is going for a big run, then breakfast, then daughter and I head home driving. SO flies to his home and son remains with grandparents for the summer. :smile:

No big confessions - I've been behaving. I hope people and pets are well and hugs to all those who are happy or sad. It will take me a long time to catch up. It is very late and I'm up in a few hours. I will add for @pofoster and (drawing a blank) whoever mentioned dissertations- mine is 327 pages. Chapter 6 was so tedious and boring even my advisor told me I had to rewrite it (it was horrible to write but was torture to read) describing the methodology behind my computational chemistry calculations. I knew SO really liked me when he read all 327 pages of the chemistry dissertation including lots of computational chemistry and he's never taken chemistry. (I'm smitten.) I was conferred my PHD on my 42nd birthday. I took a scenic route through my 20's and started college at 32 years old with two small children. I see it is almost 12:30 a.m. and I'm up in five hours so I'll stop my rambling.

Your trip sounds like it was super fun!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Still coming at you from Feb. going on page 92! lol

This confession is hard to admit... but everyone else has been so brave.

I realized recently that I gained most of my weight before the age 18--actually, I figured that my rate of gain was about 100 pounds per 5-6 years before age 18 :/. Then in the 14 years since then I am up about 69 pounds from where I was when I started college. That is after losing 13 pounds. It's kinda crazy to think that I have gained a fraction of what I did in 18 years in 14. lol At this point I will be happy to get back to my college weight. And I will still have a ton to lose. lol But realizing this made me realize how it could be *so* much worse. It doesn't make me feel better about how I look, but I know it could be much worse. All the weight since college has mostly been the result of restricting cycles where I would lose weight fast then gain it back faster then add a few extra. I could kick myself for doing that, I only put myself in a worse place. It all adds up over years of doing that. This time feels different though. I am doing my best to not go extreme and end up gaining it back. If--no, WHEN I get to my goal range I will weigh less than I have since early elementary. I have no idea what I look like at a normal weight, last time I was that was <18 months according to my mom. But I suspect I will always have a butt and thick legs.. because I have since I was a kid. lol

That was sooo hard to admit. Weight is a very touchy subject for me. I'm very private about it. But reading all these posts make me feel like everyone is supportive and won't judge me, at least not outright. lol

Also, I am scared that I will never get the weight off. I try to think positively, but then I read people say stuff like "only 5% of people succeed at losing weight and keeping it off"... I yell at the computer screen "then why don't we all just give up and eat a whole pizza?" lol No, but seriously, I feel like if I can just get the weight off I will be able to keep my weight in a reasonable range. I have way more willpower than you would think with my weight. lol My weakness has always been snacking, once I start I keep doing it, on auto pilot almost, and because of chronic boredom and anxiety.

Sorry for another long post. :lol:

Oh, and I admit, I am addicted to Supernatural and Pretty Little Liars(see my screen name. lol) And I have no regrets! ;)

As long as you stick to a reasonable goal & fit some snacking into your diary when you want to then you should get to your goal. I started out at around 300 pounds in September 2012 & hit 153 pounds (now around 158-160+ from a few bad binges) in 2014.

Who do you want Charles/A to be?

Yea.. I don't snack at all, at least not currently. I started out low carb and I was eating peanuts for snack. But once the keto appetite killer part stopped helping me I started eating too many peanuts. Not enough to gain, but it needed to stop. lol Now I'm being more moderate about it, eating what I like in moderation and for now it's easier to not snack. Most the time I'm not hungry anyway! It's snacking that makes me hungry. lol That is so great! :) I hope in 3 years that I am down a lot, not sure if I will be at my goal, but in that direction would be great. lol

And OMG yay! You know about PLL. :D I really don't know. lol I have a feeling that Charles is Jason's twin brother(the video they showed with two little boys made me think that was Jason and Charles--but I could be wrong. lol), but I have no clue who it could be! I am just letting myself be surprised when it's revealed, because thinking about it too much drives me crazy. lol I think about it a lot too! :D I am sad that it's on it's last 2 seasons. I wanted to be down to my goal before it was over and plan a really cool PLL tattoo to get. But at this pace I doubt I can lose it all in a little under 2 years. lol

That's great that you found a way of eating that suits you. If you find the major goal too overwhelming stick with mini goals that could either be weight related, fitness, or clothing.

I'm more of a casual Pretty Little Liars fan that mostly watches for the big finales or big story lines. I was getting tired of the Ezra/Aria drama & boring story lines, the episodes that did nothing to further the mystery, & basically how slow the story line was moving.

I know there's one character that a lot of fans on IMDB think Charles/Big A can be & I hope they're right.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Okay, people, I need your help!

I want to get a flat(er) belly for my vacation in a little over 2 weeks. I SERIOUSLY contemplated doing a wrap, but then I remembered, I don't enjoy throwing my money away. Anywho, I am pretty much willing to do anything as long as it's healthy. Can you lovely people suggest things that I can do to get the results I want?
    I thought that's exactly what the wraps DID work for - temporary water loss, no?
    Well, otherwise, go low carb and lose all the water weight that way, on the understanding it will start to come back when you eat the crackers offered on the plane.

Yes, but you have to sign up for a 3 month autoship subscription, or pay a $50 fee, or pay $100 for a single box of wraps, which is the same price if you don't do the 3 month autoship. It's just not worth it for me, I don't think. I'm not a huge disgusting mess, just have some loose skin from gaining 42 lbs. while pregnant and my skin never bouncing back. Guess I didn't get that DNA strand.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.

Haha! That sounds like my daughter too! All Frozen, all the time. If it's not playing on some DVD player in my house on loop, she's still running around singing "Let it Go" and proclaiming herself to be Elsa. I've tried to use that to my advantage with the potty training endeavors, but still no luck...

Potty training at our house too! Does your little one go to daycare or are you a SAHM? Ours goes to daycare and she did pretty well this weekend. Only one accident yesterday, but we put a diaper on when she sleeps.

I'm a SAHM. She knows how everything works, what to do, and how to do it. The thing is, she won't do it. We bought panties and the waterproof ones to cover those, just so I'm not spending all day mopping up puddles of pee when she has accidents. She tries, but she tries after she pees or poops herself. The big goal is to have her potty trained before she starts 3K in September. Add in her sensory challenges and anxiety issues, and I have a feeling we're going to be at it awhile.

Potty training was a nightmare in my house. My son still pooped his pants regularly at 4.5. I had to take him to a therapist, but thankfully it helped. Now he's almost 7.5 and he still won't wipe half the time and still pees his bed once a week (and won't tell me, of course, until it's bedtime and the bed reeks and I have a lot of laundry to do the next day. Then he sleeps on the floor).

His sister still has poop in her underwear every single day. And I still have to remind them to wipe their hands (plus side - I never even consider eating their leftovers. *barf*).

Kids are just SO gross.
    They are. My youngest son wet the bed until he was almost 13. I was starting to worry I'd be having to take his wife aside and have a word about their wedding night sheets.

Oh this doesn't make me feel better LOL. Ugh. I have to double up on sheet protectors already as it goes right through.

Confession - hubby decided to work at home today. I was really looking forward to a day ALONE after my mom left... but nope. He's working in the dining room but it means I still can't watch Sailor Moon Crystal in peace (I admit... I only watch it when I'm alone, being 37 and all). His office might close in a few months too, which means he'd work at home all the time and I'm really not excited about that.
    Ok, didn't want to make you feel bad. If you're interested, here's what we did to solve the situation: Put him on small foam mattress on floor with a waterproof cover (he usually sleeps in a heavy mattressed queen bed) with a pile of clean sheets. He was required to check his bed every morning and if wet, wash and dry the sheets and his clothes, and put the bed back together. We did also restrict his drinks to little sips after 6pm. Within a week he was regularly dry, and reliably dry within 2 weeks.
    I know this sounds mean but we were ALL exasperated and felt that physically he could go all night but was just not doing it, due to a combination of habit and laziness and pull-ups (seriously, ditch the pull-ups if you can). He was also motivated because at 12, sleepovers when you wet the bed are embarrassing.

My son will be 10 in two weeks and wets the bed (still) on average twice a month. He could sleep through a hurricane, so I really do feel that he is just not getting the "signal" to get up on those nights he's wetting. We make sure the majority of liquids come early in the day and that the very last thing he does before getting under the covers is go pee. If his sheets are wet in the morning, he strips the bed.

On another note, he will be going to his first ever sleep away camp this August for a week and I am terrified.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I want to get a flat(er) belly for my vacation in a little over 2 weeks. I SERIOUSLY contemplated doing a wrap, but then I remembered, I don't enjoy throwing my money away. Anywho, I am pretty much willing to do anything as long as it's healthy. Can you lovely people suggest things that I can do to get the results I want?
    I thought that's exactly what the wraps DID work for - temporary water loss, no?
    Well, otherwise, go low carb and lose all the water weight that way, on the understanding it will start to come back when you eat the crackers offered on the plane.

Yes, but you have to sign up for a 3 month autoship subscription, or pay a $50 fee, or pay $100 for a single box of wraps, which is the same price if you don't do the 3 month autoship. It's just not worth it for me, I don't think. I'm not a huge disgusting mess, just have some loose skin from gaining 42 lbs. while pregnant and my skin never bouncing back. Guess I didn't get that DNA strand.

Oh good lord that's crazy! I'd definitely not do it either, what a waste of money!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    I confess that I was getting sick of my hair since it felt dry & the longer length again was feeling hot since it's nearing Summer. After watching the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars I asked my sister to cut my hair like Aria's new shorter hairstyle.

normal_3.jpg

Wow you do trust your sister! I bet it looks cute though especially since you didn't mention disowning her once it was done!

Yeah, she did a good job:). The only difference with Lucy Hale's hair & mine is I have bangs.

I should've mentioned that she went to school for hair, but there was one time in her training I wanted to smack her. The one day I went to her school & she needed someone for a color credit & she told me it would look like a red & it ended up looking almost purple.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

I'd say low carb it for these two weeks, get a spray tan, and make sure you stand up straight!

What is considered low carb? I know that sounds like a completely ridiculous question, but I honestly don't know. I have already decided that I'm completely cutting out soda for the next 2 weeks and hopefully, that will relieve a little of the bloating.

I really do appreciate all the helpful suggestions and I promise I won't eat the crackers if they're offered to me on the plane.

@AngryViking1970 I plan on tanning before I go. Not sure if it'll be a spray tan or not, but either way, I'll remember to stand up straight. :smiley:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I first logged onto MFP on April 6th. It was the day after Easter and I was feeling the weight of the family dinner.

I had a talk with my elder son about his dissatisfaction with his career, his social life, and himself. Like any good mother, I gave him fabulous advice - that he probably won't follow - but that got me thinking about following my own advice. It all boiled down to, "Make the changes that will make you happy."

I wasn't happy with my weight or general fitness. I ate far too much crap because it briefly made me feel better, at least until the guilt set in. So, I'd have another cupcake or some more chips and try not to think about it. I was like a junkie, the more I ate, the more I needed to eat to feel better. Of course none of this was making me feel better about myself.

So, I took the bull by the horns and became my own science project. I weighed in at 170 lbs. on April 6th. This morning I was 142 lbs. I have been keeping a mental list of NSV and there have been quite a few. Yesterday, I twisted myself into a knot climb through a small attic window to get to a low roof to inspect a higher roof. Before Easter, it would have been a painful and graceless act, possibly involving squeezing on my belly and never witnessed by clients. But yesterday, it was one leg through, foot on the roof, bend, head out, and pull the other leg through. I even managed to keep talking to my clients while doubled-over. They were amazed and so was I.

That is good stuff right there! <3
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get a little concerned over here, AF is as of now 3 days late. Ugh! (May or may not be a little TMI)

It's now three days later...and I'm behind. Preg or no?

I haven't tested yet, we're going to give it one more week and then test if nothing happens by then. I've done this before but it still freaks me out because I'm usually like clockwork. And I don't want to get hopes up just to be let down again....
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(