Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm probably going to go over on my calories today because I had a donut for breakfast, ya know, celebrating National Donut Day and all. I confess that I would eat another donut in a heart beat if I wasn't working out directly after I get off work. If I could, I'd eat one WHILE working out. Also, after talking with a friend earlier this week, I realized that I can't remember the last time I had a brownie. I plan on remedying that this week if at all possible.

Today while in the cafeteria at work I saw brownie brittle with salted caramel. It took every fiber of my being not to buy those. Pretty proud of myself!

Was it Sheila G's Brownie Brittle?

I'm not sure!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.
    Shark week seems a little harsh to me.

I pretty much just say I jave my period. I had a friend who called it her little friend which I always thought was weird to me it is an enemy. Time of month makes sense to me too. Shark week is weird.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.

I pretty much just say I jave my period. I had a friend who called it her little friend which I always thought was weird to me it is an enemy. Time of month makes sense to me too. Shark week is weird.

My mom used to call it the "visitor", which bothered me for some reason. I usually call it Aunt Flo or that time of month.

I weighed myself again today, and the scale says I've lost like 2lbs since yesterday. It said 197.6 yesterday and I just weighed and it said 195.2. May just be water weight, but I'll take it! :laugh:

Is it bad that I weigh myself daily? It's pretty much the only way I stay focused on this. Lol.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

My mom used to call it the "visitor", which bothered me for some reason. I usually call it Aunt Flo or that time of month.

I weighed myself again today, and the scale says I've lost like 2lbs since yesterday. It said 197.6 yesterday and I just weighed and it said 195.2. May just be water weight, but I'll take it! :laugh:

Is it bad that I weigh myself daily? It's pretty much the only way I stay focused on this. Lol.
    Great loss!
    I don't know if it's bad, but I weigh myself ALL the time. Pretty much any time I find myself naked in the bathroom. First thing in the morning - weigh, shower after a run - weigh, getting ready for bed - weigh. I actually like to watch the fluctuations - this way I know I'm always at least 2lbs heavier at night than I am in the morning. I also know when I'm retaining water due to sodium from the day before (hopefully that's why I'm up a pound today).
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Did she perhaps mean it in the Scarface context?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVQ8byG2mY8
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Great loss!
    I don't know if it's bad, but I weigh myself ALL the time. Pretty much any time I find myself naked in the bathroom. First thing in the morning - weigh, shower after a run - weigh, getting ready for bed - weigh. I actually like to watch the fluctuations - this way I know I'm always at least 2lbs heavier at night than I am in the morning. I also know when I'm retaining water due to sodium from the day before (hopefully that's why I'm up a pound today).

Thank you! And I'm glad I'm not alone lol! I like seeing the daily changes too, and I'm especially liking this big drop right now lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I made the first page of this thread with my peanut butter confession. I was ashamed that I couldn't eat it in moderation and that I wasted it. I just bought some today for the first time since I posted, and it's already giving me trouble. This time I will find someone to give it away to.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I made the first page of this thread with my peanut butter confession. I was ashamed that I couldn't eat it in moderation and that I wasted it. I just bought some today for the first time since I posted, and it's already giving me trouble. This time I will find someone to give it away to.
    Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but yours is one of the most quoted confessions. It seems you're not alone in your struggles!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to some food truck festival. There were people walking around with giant delicious looking turkey legs, but my boyfriend and I got in line for some pulled pork poutine and a couple of beers. I couldn't finish my poutine (gave it to my boyfriend) and felt SO FULL and sick to the point where looking at and smelling the food around me was making me nauseous. It's moments like these when I look at all the foods I have been craving and think ''WHY WOULD I WANT THAT?'' If only I could keep that mindset with me at all times, cause it's a new day and I'm starving again.

... I'm so sad that I wasn't able to try different things though. I was looking forward to it! :( Still, I suppose it's better for weight loss :tongue:
  • arditarose
    Options
    Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but yours is one of the most quoted confessions. It seems you're not alone in your struggles!

Really? I hope people weren't too harsh. I don't like wasting food, that's why it was such a confession-more than the moderation thing. I had to unstar the thread for awhile because it was clogging up some of my other discussions. Glad I'm not alone though. Don't know what it is about peanut butter.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Really? I hope people weren't too harsh. I don't like wasting food, that's why it was such a confession-more than the moderation thing. I had to unstar the thread for awhile because it was clogging up some of my other discussions. Glad I'm not alone though. Don't know what it is about peanut butter.

Nobody was harsh, most of the quotes were people who could relate! ;)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Great loss!

Same here. It's rare if I only weigh once a day...it's usually more like 3-4. And for the same reasons...I just like to see the fluctuations depending on amounts of food or especially when eating takeout(with massive amounts of sodium).
  • arditarose
    Options

Nobody was harsh, most of the quotes were people who could relate! ;)

Okay cool. I saw one when I first posted about the fact that I wasted and it made me feel bad.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yup, you're famous because of your peanut butter confession!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Not even close. So far, this thread has only hit the "harsh" stage once or twice when quasi-political topics have been raised. If anything, I'd say your pb story has kept dozens of newbies sticking with it when they would've left otherwise.
  • arditarose
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Not even close. So far, this thread has only hit the "harsh" stage once or twice when quasi-political topics have been raised. If anything, I'd say your pb story has kept dozens of newbies sticking with it when they would've left otherwise.

Yay!

Well today was the first time I bought it since (I was too lazy to walk two blocks to the other store that sells PB2). The first thing I did when I got home was rip it open and spread a tiny layer on a Quest bar, unlogged. Later when I weighed out a portion for my yogurt, I logged a few extra grams to try to make up for it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to some food truck festival. There were people walking around with giant delicious looking turkey legs, but my boyfriend and I got in line for some pulled pork poutine and a couple of beers. I couldn't finish my poutine (gave it to my boyfriend) and felt SO FULL and sick to the point where looking at and smelling the food around me was making me nauseous. It's moments like these when I look at all the foods I have been craving and think ''WHY WOULD I WANT THAT?'' If only I could keep that mindset with me at all times, cause it's a new day and I'm starving again.

... I'm so sad that I wasn't able to try different things though. I was looking forward to it! :( Still, I suppose it's better for weight loss :tongue:

Haha yeah it's happened to me too. I wish I was one of those people who get that full at 1200 calories, it would be so much easier.

Confession - went to the farmer's market this morning and couldn't resist those huge French style chocolate almond croissants. It was totally worth the calories (which could be anywhere from 500 to 1000, to be honest, so I logged some random 680 calories one). We had lunch out planned too but I tried to limit the damage, but still couldn't resist having one buttery roll. I doubt I'll manage to stay under today, considering that I have 200ish calories left (and who knows, I had to guess everything, so it could be less). But at least I limited the damage, so there's improvement (it's only 2pm though!).

Then we stopped at Barnes and Noble and my daughter tried to steal something. Seriously, the only reason I noticed is because the door beeped when she walked through it. Ugh. That's a new one for me... that parenting thing is tough.
  • Francl27
    Options

Haha yeah it's happened to me too. I wish I was one of those people who get that full at 1200 calories, it would be so much easier.

Confession - went to the farmer's market this morning and couldn't resist those huge French style chocolate almond croissants. It was totally worth the calories (which could be anywhere from 500 to 1000, to be honest, so I logged some random 680 calories one). We had lunch out planned too but I tried to limit the damage, but still couldn't resist having one buttery roll. I doubt I'll manage to stay under today, considering that I have 200ish calories left (and who knows, I had to guess everything, so it could be less). But at least I limited the damage, so there's improvement (it's only 2pm though!).

Then we stopped at Barnes and Noble and my daughter tried to steal something. Seriously, the only reason I noticed is because the door beeped when she walked through it. Ugh. That's a new one for me... that parenting thing is tough.
  • Francl27
    Options

• Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Great loss!

I do the same thing, but I think most would say it's bad if you make judgements about yourself based in a number. Or become too occupied with it. I want to rely on how my clothes feel to judge but I always default to the scale, imprecise as it is. I like weighing after a long bike ride or run too, it just makes me feel fitter even if it's probably water!