Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    This thread is the only reason I'm still here. I had gained ~2 - 3 lbs and since I'm short it showed. I've lost it and probably would have changed my mind about taking it down another few pounds (still well within the middle of the healthy range for my height). I'm glad I've stayed. I've now lost five pounds and today I could tell! My waist is down 1.5 inches! I have somewhere around 1 - 4 pounds to go (depends on fluctuation and how my body feels. I know from my early 20's that when I get more than 7 - 8 pounds lighter than I am now I tended to get sick often even though I was still "healthy" by the charts.) I've made some good changes and want to thank you all for being yourselves and being supportive and great!

That's wonderful to hear, congratulations! Keep it up. :) Even when I was totally off the wagon in the last few weeks, this thread kept me coming back daily. It's definitely a great source of support!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"

YAYY welcome back we missed you!

Yes, we did! Also, great picture @LBuehrle8! I love y'all, but I'm just unable to keep up with this thread right now. I missed pages 797??? to 820. Don't have time to go back, so I'm sorry for all the posts I've missed, but I'm going to only be able to read what is posted during certain hours of the day. Sad. But, I have other things I have to keep up with right now.

That's understandable. It seems like the thread is moving faster than ever. I logged in this weekend just to keep up. Hope everything is ok in your world!

Me too, I didn't want to be 30 pages behind again.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Confession
    This thread is the only reason I'm still here. I had gained ~2 - 3 lbs and since I'm short it showed. I've lost it and probably would have changed my mind about taking it down another few pounds (still well within the middle of the healthy range for my height). I'm glad I've stayed. I've now lost five pounds and today I could tell! My waist is down 1.5 inches! I have somewhere around 1 - 4 pounds to go (depends on fluctuation and how my body feels. I know from my early 20's that when I get more than 7 - 8 pounds lighter than I am now I tended to get sick often even though I was still "healthy" by the charts.) I've made some good changes and want to thank you all for being yourselves and being supportive and great!

Congrats on the progress! That's great! I can relate to losing just a bit too much, though. I tend to be more tired and moodier.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    lisan1209 wrote: »
    I got really drunk on Saturday and ended up eating almost 2 bags of chips :( I feel guilty even today about it. I did exercise for about 2 hours yesterday though. How long do you think it will take to get back on track?

The second you make a good choice, you're back on track. :) You don't need to do damage control, you don't need to torture yourself. Log it and move on, life happens! :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Have a question that I feel I can ask here without ridicule. How many steps a day would you consider sedentary vs lightly active. I try to hit 10-12k a day and wondering if I have my activity level set correctly as I changed it from sedentary to lightly active

From what I've read, 0-5000 is sedentary, 5000-10000 is lightly active, and 10000+ is active. :)

Thank you!! I have been scared to ask "out there" ;)
    I have everything custom set now, but when I was basic Sedentary setting, my Fitbit would start giving me extra calories at about 4000 steps.
  • Alma102724
    Alma102724 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a whole drawer dedicated to supplements and protein. Currently its filled with:

A multivitamin,
    Biotin,
    BCAA caps,
    L- Arginine,
    L-Carnitine,
    L-Theanine,
    Omega 3,
    L-Glutamine,
    a "power pak" that's supposed to help me get to sleep although I haven't used that one,
    white kidney bean extract
    ISO Dymatize Protein Powder
    Body Tech Protein Powder
    DOT FIT Protein Powder
    Quest Protein Bars
    Premier Protein shakes
    Amino Acid Energy Blend
    Max Amino (I think thats what its called.)

Oh and I just got a tea in the mail that's supposed to help with my metabolism. I don't take ALL of them but I CAN say I've tried them all. And I'm contemplating adding another supplement to the mix. It's called Animal Pak. The only reason I want to add this one is to get rid of the others.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Confession
    Glad you hung around! I think this thread is a big reason why I'm still so busy on MFP too.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I can't believe I am admitting this... but I have talked about more sensitive things in this thread so WTH. :lol: I had this problem until I was about 13. It seemed to stop when I was put on Prozac for my depression. I don't know if that's what stopped it, but even when they changed my medicine it was no longer an issue. I can't help but to think it had something to do with it.

I seriously can't believe it either, but I'll bring my confession to the game as well. I feel quite bad about some of the slightly judgmental posts from parents (towards their kids) about bedwetting issues. I had the same issue, and it didn't go away until I was FIFTEEN. Yes, I said FIF. TEEN. It was embarrassing and horrible for me, and thinking that my parents would have been ashamed or upset about it or talked about it like the ones who mentioned it above makes me even more embarrassed. Nobody wets their bed on purpose. :-/

Awwe, sorry if anything I said made you feel bad. That must have been horrible for you.
    I can say with assurance that my son didn't wet the bed on purpose, but once we had him take responsibility for it, the problem was gone within a couple of weeks. We were on the verge of taking him to the doctor to see if there was a medical reason for it. My husband was a late betwetter too, so I was prepared for him to be late, but as a parent it can be frustrating and tiring when you're constantly changing sheets.

It was definitely awful, but I always took the responsibility of cleaning up after myself from the time I was 8 or 9 years old. In fact, by the time I was 12, my parents didn't actually know I was still wetting the bed, because it was just too embarrassing to admit it. I'd sneak around early in the morning to wash my sheets/clothes/etc., and just not tell anyone that it happened.

I actually did have a medical reason for it--My bladder has a smaller capacity than normal, and so I have to use the bathroom more often than most people. Luckily, I'm quite a light sleeper now, so I can easily wake up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I can't believe I am admitting this... but I have talked about more sensitive things in this thread so WTH. :lol: I had this problem until I was about 13. It seemed to stop when I was put on Prozac for my depression. I don't know if that's what stopped it, but even when they changed my medicine it was no longer an issue. I can't help but to think it had something to do with it.

I seriously can't believe it either, but I'll bring my confession to the game as well. I feel quite bad about some of the slightly judgmental posts from parents (towards their kids) about bedwetting issues. I had the same issue, and it didn't go away until I was FIFTEEN. Yes, I said FIF. TEEN. It was embarrassing and horrible for me, and thinking that my parents would have been ashamed or upset about it or talked about it like the ones who mentioned it above makes me even more embarrassed. Nobody wets their bed on purpose. :-/

I don't really think the parents were being judgmental, at least IMO. Sometimes parents just need a sounding board when things are frustrating, because they don't want to take it out on the child and it's nice to have people who will listen. I wet the bed until I was 7. My parents had to wake me up before they went to bed, and that usually worked.

• Tubbs216
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I wouldn't even say I'm "skinny as a rail". I have a decent amount of body fat still, which is a byproduct of not lifting consistently enough during my weight loss, which was a byproduct of life in general.
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I low carb it. I don't care if everyone else on the planet says CICO is what works, it doesn't work that way for me. I limit between 80-100 carbs nearly every day except a carby splurge meal on Sunday....I've lost almost 30 lbs so far in two months. For 6 months before that I could barely lose anything. So now I get pretty grouchy whenever I see the threads of people asking about low carb and everyone jumps on their case...so I only send people emails instead of actually commenting, lol.
    Ps...I love this thread!

Not judging, but, I've been keto for 15 years. I hate when people insist CICO "doesn't work" on lc. LC is CICO, they are the same thing. You can do better low carb because you don't get cravings or you're less hungry or you're IR and that changes your CO, but you are still using CICO. CICO isn't a thing you do. CICO is a math formula. Period.

This is the kind of misinformation that causes those threads to be hijacked in the first place. You lose weight if you have a deficit, your CI is lower than your CO. You gain weight if you have an excess, your CI is higher than your CO. LC is the tool you are using to keep your CI lower than your CO, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, that kind of response is pretty much the reason why I don't say anything, lol. :D
    I understand math...I understand CICO...I eat at a deficit...I understand that is why I lose weight. For ME, I lose weight at a higher/faster rate with my carbs being lower. It just works that way for me. Simply doing CICO without concern as to what my intake was had my weight loss at about 1.5 to 2 lbs a month. Not happy with that obviously. I decided to look into other options, and after some reworking...that's how it works for me.

ETA: Your response didn't upset me...and I hope mine didn't come across as snarky! :D
  • rachywachy13
    rachywachy13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I can't do jumping jacks without peeing !!! :o:D
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I can't do jumping jacks without peeing !!! :o:D

Back squats and peeing go hand in hand! And box jumps! hahaha
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Confession: I low carb it. I don't care if everyone else on the planet says CICO is what works, it doesn't work that way for me. I limit between 80-100 carbs nearly every day except a carby splurge meal on Sunday....I've lost almost 30 lbs so far in two months. For 6 months before that I could barely lose anything. So now I get pretty grouchy whenever I see the threads of people asking about low carb and everyone jumps on their case...so I only send people emails instead of actually commenting, lol.
    Ps...I love this thread!

I eat around 50 carbs a day...so I understand!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I'm with you, honestly. I'm good with "not fat"; I don't have any desire to look fit and muscular. Like, yeah, women who are look good and all but for me it is so not worth the effort. I'm 5'4" and at my usual maintenance weight of about 118 lbs I have some ab definition etc just because my body fat is low enough, without having to lift and bulk/cut or whatever. I'm not "skinny as a rail" as one of the quoted posters said or anything, but I look all right.

I mean...I'm not judging other people's fitness/body goals, but I often have felt judged on MFP (not on this thread, obviously) for not having those super-fit muscle-building goals myself.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Ps...I love this thread!

Not judging, but, I've been keto for 15 years. I hate when people insist CICO "doesn't work" on lc. LC is CICO, they are the same thing. You can do better low carb because you don't get cravings or you're less hungry or you're IR and that changes your CO, but you are still using CICO. CICO isn't a thing you do. CICO is a math formula. Period.

This is the kind of misinformation that causes those threads to be hijacked in the first place. You lose weight if you have a deficit, your CI is lower than your CO. You gain weight if you have an excess, your CI is higher than your CO. LC is the tool you are using to keep your CI lower than your CO, nothing more, nothing less.

Can I ask how many carbs you eat per day? I've been interested in keto.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess that I had another huge binge last night & ate a Snickers, Mr. Goodbar, Dove bar, & some other chocolate along with a few servings of ice cream. I also confess that I wasn't going to eat anything today & barely anything tomorrow to make up for it but realized that was idiotic & will just try harder to not binge.

I think the reason I had a massive binge last night was from eating too early in the morning when I am not necessarily hungry & then feeling hangry the rest of the day. I need to go back to not eating anything in the morning unless I am seriously growing/starving & then space out my meals more throughout the day.

It helps me a lot in sticking to my calorie goal to skip breakfast and eat my first meal around 11:30 or 12 PM. I don't usually feel hungry in the mornings, since it takes a while for my stomach to "wake up" and realize that there's nothing in it. ;)

ETA: I've also done that restriction, and I warn you against it. It triggers a massive restrict-overeat cycle that I'm still struggling to overcome. Please don't do it, it feels just awful! :-/

I think that's what I am going to do as well & not eat my first meal until 11-12 (I was doing this a few months ago & had some success with it).

Idiot me I should've known not to even attempt to restrict since I did this months ago & fell into that binge/restrict cycle. So what did I do after admitting my confess a few pages ago? Had another binge! Ugh.

I am done with binging. I am going to set my calories to around 1700-1750 & get this bad habit in check. I will still enjoy some snacks, but I am done buying certain snacks (ice cream, cookies, candy) until I can get into a healthy mindset with food again & learning how to eat again in moderation.