Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 500 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I had no idea there were so many Oreo flavours. I thought there was regular, golden and red velvet. I may have heard of one or two others, but never cotton candy, or cookie dough, or rootbeer float.

We get so ripped off in Canada

THIS
    Like is it really THAT hard just to make the extra flavors of things (HELLO PEANUT BUTTER CAPTAIN CRUNCH), in both places??

OMG! You don't get PB Captain Crunch in Canada?????? How sad!

I don't know, I've never looked for it.... but I do know we don't get Crunchberries.

Do you guys get Crunchberries? (They may be long gone, I'm probably dating myself here)
    Not only do they still sell the ones with Crunchberries, you can get them with CRUNCHBERRIES ONLY!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Confession...I eat under 800 calories a day usually to lose weight. :hushed:

Please eat. You aren't doing yourself any favors by not fueling your body.
    This is dangerous, and you should definitely seek help.
  • rungirl1973
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

40 IS YOUNG!! He hasn't aged because he's still young.
    (I'm 41)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    @Lois_1989 - I don't know how to post a gif. :( ...shrugs and walks away embarrassed
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

(I'm 41)

:smiley: Well, yes but isn't he supposed to be playing a twenty-something year old? I'm 26 and I think I look like I'm 30.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member

I' ve been completely out of the loop with Big Bang Theory lately, but after watching the season finale at my in-laws last night, I have one question. What the hell is up with Sheldon and Amy?????? I was so sad at the end for him! :disappointed:
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2015
    @Lois_1989 - I don't know how to post a gif. :( ...shrugs and walks away embarrassed

To be honest, neither do I, I save it on my computer and then post it as a picture. (third button from the right, above the text box you type in)
    As a result I have a file with the most random pictures you can imagine.

Edit: I don't know my lefts and rights apparently
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Ate a whole packed of dry roasted nuts in one sitting the other night (100g), just been dancing to Ke$hia
    Which part of that is the confession? ;)
  • Lois_1989

I' ve been completely out of the loop with Big Bang Theory lately, but after watching the season finale at my in-laws last night, I have one question. What the hell is up with Sheldon and Amy?????? I was so sad at the end for him! :disappointed:

WHAT! I'm the same. I haven't seen it since Penny cut her hair. WHAT HAPPENS??!! Tell me, tell me!
  • Tubbs216
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession, not happy today. I seriously want to headbutt my SO. I sat in the cold for 5 hours watching a cricket game for him on Sunday and I think he is going to bail out of my Birthday dinner with my family tonight. Sometimes I can't help but think he is a selfish pri*k.

He owes you all the things for making you watch cricket. Seriously, cricket. *comforts gently*
    Ugh! Seriously! Cricket!
    A very long time ago I briefly had a cricketer boyfriend who was really excited when he learned I could bake. "You can make cakes for tea!!" Um, no thanks.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member

WHAT! I'm the same. I haven't seen it since Penny cut her hair. WHAT HAPPENS??!! Tell me, tell me!

All I'm going to say is at the end, he looks at one of his figurines and says "Well Gollum, you know a lot about rings, so what do I do with this one?" (or something like that) and pulls out a box with a ring in it....

• Lois_1989
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession, not happy today. I seriously want to headbutt my SO. I sat in the cold for 5 hours watching a cricket game for him on Sunday and I think he is going to bail out of my Birthday dinner with my family tonight. Sometimes I can't help but think he is a selfish pri*k.

He owes you all the things for making you watch cricket. Seriously, cricket. *comforts gently*
    Ugh! Seriously! Cricket!
    A very long time ago I briefly had a cricketer boyfriend who was really excited when he learned I could bake. "You can make cakes for tea!!" Um, no thanks.

HA HA HA! I find it hilarious that a sport stops for a tea break. How ridiculously British is that?
  • Tubbs216
    edited May 2015
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

Aboot! Ha!

Don't want to seem dense, but do Canadians not call it Canadian Bacon?

No, we call it ham.

Unless it's peameal bacon
    119673442-610x408.jpg

eta: may also be known as back bacon

And to confuse it even MORE in England ham is cooked pork, eaten cold, in a sandwich or something... I looked at the picture and thought "it's raw!" then realised bacon is sold raw and that is the topic of the conversation. Wait. So what is normal bacon? in both countries.

English bacon is a combination of back bacon and what is sold as 'bacon' in Canada and the US - it has the 'back' part attached, plus the 'streaky' part ('bacon'). Although looking at the picture, I guess not all of the streaky part is left so it must be cut differently.
    Left - back bacon
    Top - streaky bacon
    Bottom - English bacon
    tayzkgif6bes.jpg
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

Aboot! Ha!

No, we call it ham.

119673442-610x408.jpg

And to confuse it even MORE in England ham is cooked pork, eaten cold, in a sandwich or something... I looked at the picture and thought "it's raw!" then realised bacon is sold raw and that is the topic of the conversation. Wait. So what is normal bacon? in both countries.

In the states our normal bacon is England's streaky bacon. I'm not sure about Canada though.
  • rungirl1973

(I'm 41)

:smiley: Well, yes but isn't he supposed to be playing a twenty-something year old? I'm 26 and I think I look like I'm 30.

I'm not sure. I think they were supposed to be in their mid-upper 20's at the beginning of the series, but it's been going for a lot of years.
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    I'm now behind by 191 pages in this thread. Back here on page 223 it's March 25 at 10:29 a.m. I'm writing from the past to report that my prediction did in fact come true.

Alas, I fear this may be the closest any of us ever gets to 'experiencing' a form of time travel... ;)

Lorraine, please say, "hi!" to the 'me' from back then (I'm SO different now... ;P ). ;)

Oh, and allow me to be the first to say, "hello!" to you now ('pre-emptively', I suppose ;) ), for whenever it is you happen to make it 'here', at this point in the future-as-you-now-know-it, but for which this point will later be known to others as "the past"... but which currently represents the 'here and now' (not to be confused with the saying, "that's neither here nor there", mind you, as hearing anyone ever say that results in my thinking, "then where the heck IS it?!"... ;P ). ;)

(A toast -- to better tomorrows! -- which will later be our yesterdays! -- and then ultimately Lorraine's todays! ;) )

Hi qn4(something about piano keys)aifd! I just made it to this spot in the thread. I'm pleased to report I finally lost the 2 pounds I gained eating shortbread and ice cream at that conference. (Maybe a little bit of regret still, but no permanent harm done.) Back here on April 20, 133 pages back on this thread, things are sunny and beautiful, and you look great qn4! Have you lost weight?
  • Lois_1989

All I'm going to say is at the end, he looks at one of his figurines and says "Well Gollum, you know a lot about rings, so what do I do with this one?" (or something like that) and pulls out a box with a ring in it....

:cry: Oh My God! That's not fair! You can't leave it there! Even Friends tied up the loose ends. :tired_face:
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member

You have to add SPOILER ALERT! I haven't watched it yet!
  • Tubbs216
    edited May 2015

To be honest, neither do I, I save it on my computer and then post it as a picture. (third button from the right, above the text box you type in)
    As a result I have a file with the most random pictures you can imagine.

Edit: I don't know my lefts and rights apparently
    Find your gif. Right click and click 'save image as'. As long as it saves in the .gif format, you can paste it in the same way as a picture.
  • Lois_1989
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Aboot! Ha!

No, we call it ham.

119673442-610x408.jpg

English bacon is a combination of back bacon and what is sold as 'bacon' in Canada and the US - it has the 'back' part attached, plus the 'streaky' part ('bacon'). Although looking at the picture, I guess not all of the streaky part is left so it must be cut differently.
    Left - back bacon
    Top - streaky bacon
    Bottom - English bacon
    tayzkgif6bes.jpg

Gotcha! Yes, English bacon is what I am used to. I want bacon now... :yum: