Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say HI from page 783. It's going to take me all day to catch up. That's what I get for not signing in all weekend.

Luckily, the boss is on vacation and I don't have much to do today. See you all in 80 pages or so. LOL :p

Hi! See you soon!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

Yes! I am! I was so mad I wasted so much time getting into it! This is why I don't watch most series unless they're already over so I know there's some sort of conclusion/resolution!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Okay, people, I need your help!

I want to get a flat(er) belly for my vacation in a little over 2 weeks. I SERIOUSLY contemplated doing a wrap, but then I remembered, I don't enjoy throwing my money away. Anywho, I am pretty much willing to do anything as long as it's healthy. Can you lovely people suggest things that I can do to get the results I want?
    I thought that's exactly what the wraps DID work for - temporary water loss, no?
    Well, otherwise, go low carb and lose all the water weight that way, on the understanding it will start to come back when you eat the crackers offered on the plane.

Yes, but you have to sign up for a 3 month autoship subscription, or pay a $50 fee, or pay $100 for a single box of wraps, which is the same price if you don't do the 3 month autoship. It's just not worth it for me, I don't think. I'm not a huge disgusting mess, just have some loose skin from gaining 42 lbs. while pregnant and my skin never bouncing back. Guess I didn't get that DNA strand.

I don't know if it will help but I was watching a talk show last week and it was about losing the belly flab show. It was a 6 week program and the participants all lost major inches.

The food and stuff was pretty much anti inflammatory woo but the workout segments might help.

If you go to Marilyn.ca under videos for last Wednesday the workouts are there.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess that I had another huge binge last night & ate a Snickers, Mr. Goodbar, Dove bar, & some other chocolate along with a few servings of ice cream. I also confess that I wasn't going to eat anything today & barely anything tomorrow to make up for it but realized that was idiotic & will just try harder to not binge.

I think the reason I had a massive binge last night was from eating too early in the morning when I am not necessarily hungry & then feeling hangry the rest of the day. I need to go back to not eating anything in the morning unless I am seriously growing/starving & then space out my meals more throughout the day.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

I want to get a flat(er) belly for my vacation in a little over 2 weeks. I SERIOUSLY contemplated doing a wrap, but then I remembered, I don't enjoy throwing my money away. Anywho, I am pretty much willing to do anything as long as it's healthy. Can you lovely people suggest things that I can do to get the results I want?
    I thought that's exactly what the wraps DID work for - temporary water loss, no?
    Well, otherwise, go low carb and lose all the water weight that way, on the understanding it will start to come back when you eat the crackers offered on the plane.

Yes, but you have to sign up for a 3 month autoship subscription, or pay a $50 fee, or pay $100 for a single box of wraps, which is the same price if you don't do the 3 month autoship. It's just not worth it for me, I don't think. I'm not a huge disgusting mess, just have some loose skin from gaining 42 lbs. while pregnant and my skin never bouncing back. Guess I didn't get that DNA strand.

I don't know if it will help but I was watching a talk show last week and it was about losing the belly flab show. It was a 6 week program and the participants all lost major inches.

The food and stuff was pretty much anti inflammatory woo but the workout segments might help.

If you go to Marilyn.ca under videos for last Wednesday the workouts are there.

I'll check it out, thank you.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    This morning I was able to put on a shirt that previously was tight. I was super stoked that it was loose and hung straight down from my chest without clinging to my hips or rear end. Then I became depressed because it seriously occurred to me that I've been trying to look like Sponge Bob square pants and walk like a robot my whole life. My mother told me that only *kitten* showed their hips and my step-father told me that only fat slutty *kitten* wiggled when they walked.

I don't wear red either. Even though I love red and I look awesome in red. I am pale skinned, with dark hair and green eyes. I look spectacular in red and I can't wear it because only sluts wear red. I am now upset and pissed off because I know even if I were to buy something that clings in red I probably wouldn't be able to wear it out of the house. I'd be afraid everyone was staring at me for the wrong reasons. I feel pathetic. :/

I'm thinking you should try to get past this with baby steps... a little splash of colour here and there to start, some mildly wiggle-generating mid-height heels... and work your way up.

My mother held the odd notion that "only widows wear black" but fortunately that didn't get passed on to me and I wear a lot of black. Oh, and when I was a teen somebody told her that only sluts wear big earrings. That was her one and only piece of advice to me upon starting high school. Lol. (I just put them on after I left the house)

I've never been much for wearing bright colours or fancy patterns since I've always preferred to fade into the background, but I've slowly been adding more vibrant clothes into my wardrobe.

Yes, that is pretty much what I do. Pretty much all of my clothing is a shade of black or grey with some blue jeans thrown in.

I was raised the same way. And talk about double messages - this was in a family where I can guarantee that my mother would collapse into hysterics if she thought I might possibly approach a weight over 100 pounds in high school. This stuff is absolutely freaking psychosis-inducing =P

I can only say that after gradually shedding a lot of the idiocy that had gotten shoved into my poor brain, I finally came around to firmly believing that every woman should own at least one blazing red dress and a good pair of "f*** me" pumps. And then wear 'em for YOURSELF - without regard to anybody else's dumb beliefs or stereotypes.

Good lord. I'm surprised sometimes that so many of us get through this life to turn out as basically sane, basically decent human beings - we get so much toxic crap thrown at us.

Amen! And I'm sorry for all the struggles everyone has endured regarding this topic. One correction, though: ONE pair of f*** pumps?! Oh, honey, I have a closet full of them! Worn with my discreet, professional clothes every day I get lots of use out of all of them and they make me feel fabulous!

I second this! I have a whole collection of beautiful shoes, which, when not on my feet, live in clear plastic boxes, so i can admire them. I have a wall of shoes**. I often wear all black outfits, and set them off with fabulous red shoes (i have about 10 pairs of red ones)

**i may also have a shoe addiction. Please don't ask about my handbags.

For the past several years hubby and I were getting out of debt and accumulating savings so shopping for unnecessary items was a no no. My shoe collection consists of two pairs of casual sneakers, one pair of outdoor gym shoes, one pair of indoor gym shoes, one pair of winter boots, one pair of water shoes, one pair of flip flops (which are in my gym bag for showering purposes because shower floors are gross), one pair of steel toes, one pair of black summer sandals, and one pair of slip on Sketchers that have holes in them for gardening. Oh and I have one pair of black flats that are glued together on the bottom at work and one pair of black slip on heals at work which are very worn to the point they should be replaced.

I just bought my first pair of white sandal heels last week and I got them on sale... I feel so pretty in them.

I admit that when I was at my heaviest, I didn't have the confidence to wear any pretty clothes so I didn't buy anything nice. Buying those white sandals was so liberating.

I confess that I don't understand anybody's obsession with hand bags. It is just a bag!

You go wash your mouth out with soap right now, young lady!

It's not just a bag, it's a gateway drug to hoarding :( I would have more of them, but they tend to get bigger, and the bigger they get, the more crap I carry around in them. Every 6 months or so I have to reset and go back to using one that will barely hold just a wallet, phone and keys.

I do that exact same thing. Right now I'm using a bag that is probably the size of an 8X10 notebook, and I can fit quite a lot in. I've actually been proud of myself for not going bigger than this, because I've seen some amazing hobo bags that I could probably fit my child into. I have my small purses hung up, waiting for me to get sick of digging. :wink:

My colleague has a shopping addiction, that IMHO is a problem. Everything she wears is designer and she will easily drop $900 on a pair of boots, $1300 on a jacket (I will admit the jacket was nice, it was this vibrant red Burberry), she has bags, watches, sunglasses - all designer (not the knock offs). She once told me she bought a new bag that was on sale and was a steal of a deal. She spent $5000!!! Apparently the regular price was $9000!!!

She just got back from a vacation and the airline lost her luggage and she lost half of her clothes (the other half was in her carry-on) but her husband lost all of his. She told me she was going to buy him some cheap $40 shirts from Zara and he complained that they didn't fit as good as his Burberry shirts. but she lost thousands just on clothes!

First, we make the same amount of money and I don't understand or comprehend how she, or anyone can spend that much.
    Second, her son, who is still a toddler, has physical disabilities and will require help for the rest of his life.

I don't get it. I just don't get it. It seems like such a waste.

Don't get me wrong I love nice things but holy cow!! I could never justify spending so much on clothing or accessories. I'd like to think of I had money like that to spend I'd use it to help out family members or friends if they needed it and if not maybe donate or set up charities :) I've never had that much money so I can't say that's what I'd 100% do but I'd like to think so!

The first thing I'd do if I ever came into money is pay off any of my parents debt that I could, I owe them so much for everything they've done for me!

I am a shopaholic too but anything over 100 I think long and hard about. If I had lost that suitcase I would be be devastated!

She told me that if it is $500 or under she doesn't have to ask her spouse and will just go out and buy it . Like I said, I just cannot comprehend that.

Holy crap! My husband's and my rule is anything over $50 has to be discussed. $500? I cannot imagine!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have to go and decorate a cake and I don't really feel like it. I kind of got pushed into volunteering my services for a friend's daughter's 18th, and when she tried to talk money, I ended up saying it would be my gift.
    When I was in business, this would have been a $150+ cake, so it's a pretty good gift, I think. Should have told her to go to Costco and given the girl a gift card like everyone else will.
    Now I'm resentful. Totally my own fault. Ho Hum.

We have a word for that- "voluntold'...You were voluntold to decorate a cake for a friend's daughter's 18th birthday :)

LOVE cake...all cake, doesn't matter what kind. I could never bake or decorate one as I'd eat it all :D

I am so going to start using "voluntold"! Love it!

At this rate, I will never catch up!- (from page 799)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

Pics or it didn't happen! :p
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I love cheese so much that i will melt just cheese on a plate in the microwave and eat it :smile:

When I was heavier I would use almost a whole jar of salsa & then mix in a ton of shredded cheese & microwave until the cheese was either bubbling or crispier (depended on my mood). I would either eat it with a fork or tortilla chips.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Like I mentioned yesterday, my husband messaged my stepdaughter. She took several hours to respond and when she did, she said her great uncle passed away and that's why she hasn't been around for 2 WEEKS!!! I immediately said BS! She's not been a no show for 2 freakin' weeks because her great uncle passes away. She sure didn't miss any facebook posting because of it, nor did she even mention it.

She told him she was planning on coming by today. I hope I am not home when she does because I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold my tongue. I just honestly, want her to take her crap and her stinky destructive cat and go. I wanted things to be different, I wanted her to WANT to be part of our family, but that's obviously not what she wants or she would have attempted to make some sort of small effort.

I'm sad for my husband because he deserves to be shown love, appreciation, and respect by his daughter. I'm also sad for my daughter because she wanted to get to know her big sister and form a relationship with her. I'm sad for me too, but right now, I'm mostly just pissed off.

Ugh, how frustrating! Hopefully she follows through and actually comes by today. I think you all need to sit down and have a long talk about living guidelines/rules of the house. Good luck.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

[/quote]
    Seriously?! So that's how they make their money. I know my friend got some off Groupon or something. She got a 8 for the price of 4 deal, no auto-renew or anything. [/quote]
    Edit: messed up quotes. Oh well.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

Yay!!

Lots of variety for your trip.

It will be so nice. I don't think I've ever had multiple swimsuits before. I'm mildly excited about wearing them too. Not super excited about having to shave my bikini area however. :/

I've said it before but I swear by waxing! It's not the most enjoyable experience but soooo worth it!

Second! Make sure you exfoliate after so you don't get the bumps.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that I totally started playing Hay Day because of @Susieq_1994 lol. I'm addicted now!

I'll have to try that out sometime.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 I bet your cake is going to be beautiful and I very much understand your resentment. "No" is a great word and concept! It can be said very nicely, "I am so flattered that you remember my cakes fondly, I wish I could help with your daughter's cake! I have the name of a person I can recommend as I don't have the time to give your daughter the cake she deserves and I can't do a half-baked job. You made my day by asking me. Here's so&so's number, tell her I told you to call." :wink:

@ythannah - neat saying, I had not heard that before.
    Thanks for the sympathy. I actually ended up feeling like a complete b!tch about it, because they were SO sweet, grateful and excited. Here's the cake (birthday girl hidden!)
    stsgatopvy70.jpg

Gorgeous

Ditto!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    OMG NKOTB was fantastic. Nelly and TLC opened for them and TLC was great. I had 2 friends fly and drive in to go with me and needless to say it was a weekend of lots of alcohol and bad but so good foods. I am so tired today and we went to the beach for like 4 hours yesterday (which I think contributes to how tired I am today) and I tried to stay under the umbrella the whole time, but somehow I walked away with a weird burn on my chest and on one arm- yeah ONE arm. So now I look all crazy.

I told ya! It was an awesome show. I was so happy I went!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.

Haha! That sounds like my daughter too! All Frozen, all the time. If it's not playing on some DVD player in my house on loop, she's still running around singing "Let it Go" and proclaiming herself to be Elsa. I've tried to use that to my advantage with the potty training endeavors, but still no luck...

Potty training at our house too! Does your little one go to daycare or are you a SAHM? Ours goes to daycare and she did pretty well this weekend. Only one accident yesterday, but we put a diaper on when she sleeps.

I'm a SAHM. She knows how everything works, what to do, and how to do it. The thing is, she won't do it. We bought panties and the waterproof ones to cover those, just so I'm not spending all day mopping up puddles of pee when she has accidents. She tries, but she tries after she pees or poops herself. The big goal is to have her potty trained before she starts 3K in September. Add in her sensory challenges and anxiety issues, and I have a feeling we're going to be at it awhile.

Potty training was a nightmare in my house. My son still pooped his pants regularly at 4.5. I had to take him to a therapist, but thankfully it helped. Now he's almost 7.5 and he still won't wipe half the time and still pees his bed once a week (and won't tell me, of course, until it's bedtime and the bed reeks and I have a lot of laundry to do the next day. Then he sleeps on the floor).

His sister still has poop in her underwear every single day. And I still have to remind them to wipe their hands (plus side - I never even consider eating their leftovers. *barf*).

Kids are just SO gross.

We were hoping potty training would be easier for her, because pooping is a challenge in and of itself. The sensation of actually pooping sends her into a complete meltdown, and she has a terrible habit of holding and holding until she's so constipated it makes her sick and we have to give her enemas to make her poop. That's even with giving her a tablespoon of miralax every day by her doctor's recommendation. I seriously hate SPD, not just for that, but for countless other reasons. It's taken so much from her and kept her from so many things already, and it pisses me off! I can't tell you how many nights and times I've spent in tears over it and seeing her struggle every day with it. The worst part is, it's not even recognized that much, I've actually had to explain to a doctor what SPD is because they looked at me like an idiot when I mentioned she had it. I can't tell you how many times I get asked if I'm not sure she's autistic, when she's been tested multiple times and they've said she doesn't meet the criteria for that diagnosis. So far, she's been diagnosed with SPD, anxiety, and "pervasive developmental disorder-non otherwise specified", and already shows signs of possible ADHD. My heart breaks for her, seeing how she struggles so much, but I try to be thankful, because I know it could be so much worse, but there's still times where I just want to scream and cry and yell about how it's so unfair to her! :cry:
    Ok, ending my rant now.

Sounds really difficult for both of you, but she is very lucky to have such a caring mom. I know there are some days I have trouble dealing with sensory overload. It is so hard to imagine what it would be like for a child with a sensory disorder. Please feel free to rant when needed. You need a safe place, too :).
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good wedding story? Like, did you get married somewhere weird, or whatnot? Just wondering, because we still get funny looks when we mention where we got married (married by a notary public at the car lot he ran) lol. Hubby has already promised me a beach wedding when we decide to renew our vows, but it's still cute and funny about where we actually got married :laugh:

I'm feeling oddly reminiscent and emotional today for some reason, which is weird for me lol.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Pics or it didn't happen! :p

I just washed them all Saturday so once they're dry, I'll post pics on facebook, @quiksylver296

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Confession: Honestly, I'm not happy with the thread being stickied. We'll very likely get an influx of sarcastic, unkind, or snarky people ruining our nice thread mojo. *sniffle* :'(

Call me jaded, but that was my first thought too.
    What value does this thread bring to General Diet and Weight Loss Help that warrants a sticky status? If page count is a factor, there are plenty of "who wants to see who naked" discussions in Chit Chat that are probably more worthy than this.
    Ok, serious answer, after thinking about it a little. Honestly, I believe this thread alone has kept a bunch of us here on MFP - people who may have wandered off, lost their motivation, felt intimidated to ask questions, or unsupported elsewhere. If one person improves their health and wellness by being part of this thread, then, yes, it warrants sticky status.

I have no problem with the existence of this thread. I just stand by the belief that suggested reading (ie, stickies), should be educational and pertain to the topic of the forum. As far as fun items to give people a reason to return to the site, that's what Chit Chat is for. But that's just me, don't let me rain on your parade. Obviously this thread is popular, just not informative.

"Informative" is a matter of opinion. I, for one, feel VERY "informed" when Pancake announces that he has to pee or we get health updates on various pets.

I now know 100% more about the Muslim religion than I knew a week ago. And this is a good thing.

I've learned a bunch of terms for unusual phobias.

I know how many more exotic varieties of Pop Tarts and peanut butter and breakfast cereal exist in countries other than Canada.

Knowledge is good. :)

Sure, informative is a matter of opinion. And I also agree that knowledge is good, I seek out lots of it! I simply fail to see the value of directing members, often times who are new, who are seeking information and knowledge about General Diet and Weight Loss (the purpose of this particular sub-forum) to this particular thread. And thank you for making my point with examples of non-diet/weight loss things your learned from this thread.

It was tongue in cheek, as I'm sure you realized. Although I do think Pop Tarts and peanut butter and cereal fall into the diet category.

There have been hundreds of diet/fitness/weight loss questions and tips posted throughout this thread, you just have to wade through 783 pages to find them. Several of us have learned a rather effective upper body workout right here.

A few effective tips, among 783 pages, warranting a status of a helpful thread. Got it.

For the sake of ceasing to derail the purpose of THIS particular thread. I confess to having 3 IPAs last night, BEFORE hitting the weights.

Well, hello, Snarkmeister...

Listen, we aren't suddenly convening before some sort of MFP Supreme Court (and you aren't some sort of Chief Judge (though you do appear to be embracing a role akin to that of a Prosecuting Attorney)), and we don't suddenly need to justify the actions of someone (let alone, someone who has nothing to do with this thread!) doing something we never requested in the first place (and, frankly, involves a reality some of us don't *want*) -- and so we shouldn't be expected to have you or anyone else 'set up kleig lights', and expect us to 'subject ourselves to interrogation' (as though you were some sort of self-appointed attorney, judge, and jury... or some such entity hellbent on seeing a perceived form of 'justice' done)...

If you don't want to participate in the thread, then please, by all means, move on...! -- that is, unless you need to rant about something (other than 'this', or 'us', that is), in which case you are welcome to rant away...!

The world has enough people p*ssing on others -- there's no need to add to *that* 'status quo' (which, not-so-ironically, is part of what this thread is about -- assisting, being helpful, not judging, etc.)...

(...and yeah, my not sprinkling your sudden sarcasm-laced insults with 'rose petals' is not exactly representative of 'this thread'... however, it is a rare thing for rudeness to 'swoop in' on this thread... and I can't stand behavior that reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker -- Mean People Suck...)

Hi there aggressive one! I have no desire to see this thread removed, pretty sure I made that clear. But I stand by what I believe to be a valid point regarding MFP choosing this as a helpful thread within the context of the sub forum in which it exists. Not attacking the participants of this thread, not the purpose of this thread, simply stating that it's purpose isn't necessarily on point with the purpose of why a thread should be a sticky. Sorry you have such a personal attachment and felt offended as a result, but I prefer logic over emotion.

she's not agressive, she's being honest.
    if you're struggling so much with the purpose of this thread, and can't see how it might help newbies who are normally ripped apart for the most simplest of questions elsewhere, that's on you, not us.

There's no struggle, the purpose of this thread is not currently related to General Diet and Weight Loss. Again, I have not said it serves no purpose, it just doesn't serve the purpose of this sub forum to the point of being a sticky. New members should have a central location, supported by MFP, to find valuable info to assist them in gaining the knowledge requires to successfully navigate through the contention that occurs in the forums. There are no questions in here that are being clarified, so I don't follow your argument of it being a safe haven for newbies. Is this designed to educate? I don't see it if it is. If you have a rational argument as to what this brings to newbies as far as helping them reach their fitness or weight goals, I'm all ears, but don't chastise me for making a valid comment that none have been able to debate within the context of my point.

Off the top of my head from just the past few weeks:
    Binge eating related to stress, hormonal issues, depression, and death in the family
    Overeating due to travel for work or vacation
    Undereating due to underlying disordered behavior
    Dealing with a family member who potentially has an eating disorder
    How to handle food situations when you have out of town guests
    Unlogged food, the potential psychological impact, and whether or not it's better to log it or ignore it
    Workout schedule interruptions due to illness or injury
    Advice for starting new workout routines or expanding existing ones
    Recommendations comparing and contrasting different lifting programs
    How to deal with alcohol in relation to eating and overeating
    How to deal with alcohol addiction and its impact on health and weight

Exactly which of these is not relative to General Diet and Weight Loss?

You also hit the nail on the head
    :smiley:

Thank you for actually engaging, I appreciate a good debate, especially with one who cares. Do you feel that a single thread, addressing all of those topics, quite briefly, and scattered throughout 789 pages, is helpful to the average new member? I really am not picking a fight, and appreciate different points of view. Here's mine, in more detail, since a couple seem to either care, or are perturbed by my presence. And my confession, is that my point of view is from a former newbie, who came to this sight with many assumptions, unknowns, and misguided beliefs that I held to be true. It took me a long time to understand what people talk about, and fight about, in these forums. And longer still to piece together how that all applies to what I am trying to achieve. I simply want to see new members have an easier time than I did. So here is the picture, as it is in my head....

New member joins, hoping to lose weight and gain knowledge about how to reverse whatever caused them to be where they are today. They head to the forums, to read up on current discussions, since that's what forums tend to be about. They signed up, and signed in, for the purpose of learning how to make a plan. The MFP goal setting confused them somewhat, so forums seem to be a good place to go for help. They bypass the chit chat, because they are here for a purpose. General Diet and Weight Loss seems a reasonable place to start. But they are quickly overwhelmed by numerous threads debating the validity of various acronyms they don't understand. They see a link, right at the top, created by MFP staff, "Most Helpful Posts", so they figure, good place to start, especially if it's suggested by MFP. Where I lose the story is how, with 789 pages of randomness, even if there are some good topics in here, is this thread useful enough to be given the status of "most helpful posts", as it equates to General Diet and Weight Loss. Especially for the newbies that we all seem to care about??? I accept that this thread has value to many. I accept that mental reprieve is useful, especially for the overwhelmed. The responses and number of pages alone are evident that this has become a repository for that. But, with complete honesty, I can't see how it is one of the most helpful threads in regards to THIS particular sub topic. It doesn't focus on General Diet or weight loss, and is nothing more than hundreds of pages of what happens to be on someone's mind at that point in time. Let the thread live on, but don't raise it to the level of most helpful, when there are still very simple topics that new members don't understand, and would benefit by threads clarifying the basics, without clutter.

I can't make it any more clear than that, so if anyone really wants to continue a debate, which I am happy to do, I offer to do it via PM, or a new post. Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.

I really wanted to comment on this and didn't want to wait while I was off work (but I'm really busy at work and shouldn't be on here but whatevs.... It is currently 8:25 my time and I am sure many others have already responded given how fast this thread moves.

I was a previous newbie and still quite a newbie to forums in general. For months I didn't even realize threads were "stickied". Until yesterday, I didn't even know what "stickied" meant. I think that this thread, all 790 pages so far have been really informative. As a newbie who doesn't know where to start and, perhaps doesn't know the etiquette of forums (or the search function of forums) may post questions that have been posted before. We have all seen the same threads about the same topics ("I am counting all my calories and not losing weight... why?"; or I am going to do this detox or that detox") and then get blasted by others who have been on here for a long time. Here is a safe place to ask those questions without being judged and that in itself is VERY helpful IMHO.

I feel that if you have a "supportive" community that will understand the hardships most of us experience and feel safe in expressing whatever it is that they are struggling with is very helpful. here, you can ask any dumb question without fear that you are going to be judged for simply not knowing or understanding. There is so much mis-information out there and if I were to go into a different thread and ask a question simply because I don't know something and then got blasted and bullied and target with gifs (eventhough they are quite funny), I would be discouraged and would probably leave all together and start all over. Or I would feel so bad about what happened that I would leave and comfort myself with food and will be worse off than I was before.

Even though there is a lot of randomness in this thread, I feel many people struggle through their journey because of the support in this thread when they may have just given up because everyone on here is so nice and supportive no matter what any individual is going through. That in itself is helpful and if this thread can help bring people together so we can all support each other in battling our own demons without fear of being thrown to the wolves then I would say that warrants a sticky status.

(also many of us are introverts with very few friends IRL and I feel we all crave a little support, even if it is virtual).

Nice to wake up and see well thought out responses. Good things can come about from remaining civil, and by having an open mind. As an example, I have a higher respect for this thread, on account of polite debate with a couple of you. A similar mindset, and adaptability would be useful in other threads. I appreciate the support aspect and sense of community that this thread has created for many of you. From reading several replies to my post, I feel compelled to modify my stance. I still stand by my feeling that this should not be a sticky in THIS sub forum, but now absolutely believe it warrants sticky status in the Motivation and Support sub forum. There are many pleasant folks here, and I feel your attitudes and this thread would be more useful there. This sub forum can get brutal at times, and Chit Chat is, well, yeah, but seeing this live on in the manner several of you have described is a good idea. Thank you to those who maintain respectful communication, and have a great Friday everyone!

I see you have drunk our kool-aid. ;)

I also don't think that anyone would disagree with you that this is definitely a more motivation/support thread than general weight loss. Perhaps it was just born in the wrong decade, as the kids say? ;)
    But I think it's found by many more people by way of being in the General forum. Anyway, we didn't ask for that - blame OP. (I hope she's still around, and didn't sweat out into a puddle from her garbage bag exercise. I'd like to shake her hand.)

I snorted! LOL

Confession: My town is finally getting a Chipotle, and I am super excited to try it!!!

Okay now- Chipotle is my absolutely favorite go to food, but I don't want you to expect all this awesomeness and then have it and be like WTF was everyone talking about? Just keep your standards low :) Haha I love chipotle so much though!

I LOVE Chipotle! Haven't been in forever though..now I'm craving it!