Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

Yay!!

Lots of variety for your trip.

It will be so nice. I don't think I've ever had multiple swimsuits before. I'm mildly excited about wearing them too. Not super excited about having to shave my bikini area however. :/

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

That it's awesome news! Rock those bikinis!

That's the plan. :smile:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Fun! How long until you go?
    Also, for the bolded part - two words 'Topless Beach'.
    (I went to a nudist beach in Australia once by accident. My husband and I literally stumbled upon it and realised what it was pretty quickly - naked people everywhere! It was all families and people of all ages and sizes and not at all creepy, so we thought 'what the heck' and stripped off and it was lovely! I also love all the topless beaches in Europe - it's very liberating!

We leave the 27th.

2 more words - saggy boobs. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable going topless with my little saggy boobs flopping all over. Good for you though for having the courage.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I confess that tonight I am irritated that my daughter's sister is coming here asking me for food (again), after spending all her (and her boyfriends) money on a dog they had for a week and had no business having at all.

On top of that, she just found out she is pregnant, and nobody except her and the boyfriend are happy about it. My daughter and I are both mortified....

She is 22, lives in a motel room, on assistance, and has a trustee to handle her money as she cannot even do that herself.....her boyfriend works full time at a fast food joint, and the second they get any money they are out blowing it. They do not have a pot to piss in, and now are gonna have a baby....

She is mentally slow, her mentality is that of about a 13 year old.....God help that baby, and everyone else that is gonna be affected by it.....

She needs to be involved with child protection services, even before there's a child. They can develop a plan to get her connected with support and educational services like prenatal nutrition... and assess her (both of their) parenting ability. If it is determined that the baby will be in need of protection, it can be apprehended at birth.

It must be rough having so many reminders of Little Rodent Boy. I've always had two dogs so they have company when I'm not around and when I lose one there's never been any question about getting another one, I don't want the remaining dog to be lonely. And it's kind of diverting to think about a new puppy.

I've had pet rats and they're amazingly intelligent and affectionate little things, but their lifespan isn't very long, Same with guinea pigs. A friend of mine had one of the lop eared bunnies and it was very cute but didn't interact much. If I was to get any kind of caged animal, it would be a chinchilla... I've always liked them. I knew a woman who had several and would often bring one out and about with her, tucked into her jacket.

Tonight's confession: I am eating a yogurt that is almost two months past its best before date. There are three more from the same batch and I fully intend to eat those too. I'm too cheap to throw them out a buy new ones. They look/smell/taste fine... and I've done this many times before with no ill effects.

Hopefully I don't end up confessing to a bout of food poisoning in the next couple of days.

I had a chinchilla. They are wonderful little pets that can be letterbox trained for urine (they poop anywhere but their poop is little hard pellets so no big deal. They can learn their names and commands. They are best in pairs (I found this out after I had my one). I thought about getting a pair again but worried the cats might kill them. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options

Fantastic. Why don't you keep the bottoms and get a black top? Mismatched bikinis are totally common now.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You do not suck. You are awesome! Tomorrow is another day!

I echo this! It's just one day at a time and we all slip. You are going to rock that mountain!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.
    Shark week seems a little harsh to me.

I pretty much just say I jave my period. I had a friend who called it her little friend which I always thought was weird to me it is an enemy. Time of month makes sense to me too. Shark week is weird.

I can see that making sense if you don't want to be pregnant. Then it would probably be your bestest friend in the whole wide world.

True!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Fantastic. Why don't you keep the bottoms and get a black top? Mismatched bikinis are totally common now.

That's a swell idea! I might just do that!

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Confession: The last 3 days I have binged on McDonald's(it was a shopping trip with a girlfriend and I had been craving for like 2 weeks) and Papa Murphy's pizza. I brought some for my movie date, I baked the pizza and we sat down and watched a movie and then my dad had bought MORE when I came home. So I have been pigging out on the left overs.

The worst part: I eat the pizza and then I feel TERRIBLE afterwards. Super thirsty and I get fatigued. I KNOW it's going to happen but it doesn't stop me from eating it.

Bright side: I have started exercising more rigorously in an attempt to reduce my shame and I am becoming more and more impressed with what my body can do.
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I first logged onto MFP on April 6th. It was the day after Easter and I was feeling the weight of the family dinner.

I had a talk with my elder son about his dissatisfaction with his career, his social life, and himself. Like any good mother, I gave him fabulous advice - that he probably won't follow - but that got me thinking about following my own advice. It all boiled down to, "Make the changes that will make you happy."

I wasn't happy with my weight or general fitness. I ate far too much crap because it briefly made me feel better, at least until the guilt set in. So, I'd have another cupcake or some more chips and try not to think about it. I was like a junkie, the more I ate, the more I needed to eat to feel better. Of course none of this was making me feel better about myself.

So, I took the bull by the horns and became my own science project. I weighed in at 170 lbs. on April 6th. This morning I was 142 lbs. I have been keeping a mental list of NSV and there have been quite a few. Yesterday, I twisted myself into a knot climb through a small attic window to get to a low roof to inspect a higher roof. Before Easter, it would have been a painful and graceless act, possibly involving squeezing on my belly and never witnessed by clients. But yesterday, it was one leg through, foot on the roof, bend, head out, and pull the other leg through. I even managed to keep talking to my clients while doubled-over. They were amazed and so was I.

This is great! Congratulations!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I made the first page of this thread with my peanut butter confession. I was ashamed that I couldn't eat it in moderation and that I wasted it. I just bought some today for the first time since I posted, and it's already giving me trouble. This time I will find someone to give it away to.

Wow. Honored to have you stop by again. Yours is definitely one of the immortal posts. You should feel proud!
  • laurienem
    laurienem Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Longtime lurker, first time posting...
    My confession is I had an early dinner today, then took a nap, woke up and decided that the first dinner wasn't satisfactory, then went out and got a second dinner (salad with creamy dressing + a big bowl of fro yo). Deciding not to log it because god only knows what I put on that fro yo.

Rationalizing it by the fact that I'm playing 6+ hours of soccer in high heat both days this weekend.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

I confess that tonight I am irritated that my daughter's sister is coming here asking me for food (again), after spending all her (and her boyfriends) money on a dog they had for a week and had no business having at all.

On top of that, she just found out she is pregnant, and nobody except her and the boyfriend are happy about it. My daughter and I are both mortified....

She is 22, lives in a motel room, on assistance, and has a trustee to handle her money as she cannot even do that herself.....her boyfriend works full time at a fast food joint, and the second they get any money they are out blowing it. They do not have a pot to piss in, and now are gonna have a baby....

She is mentally slow, her mentality is that of about a 13 year old.....God help that baby, and everyone else that is gonna be affected by it.....

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. It's almost exactly the same with my sister. I am dreading her new baby being born in October. I fully expect to be caring for it by Christmas
  • orangesmartie
    Options

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. It's almost exactly the same with my sister. I am dreading her new baby being born in October. I fully expect to be caring for it by Christmas
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You do not suck. You are awesome! Tomorrow is another day!

I echo this! It's just one day at a time and we all slip. You are going to rock that mountain!

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling food wise at the moment :(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    VVBliss wrote: »
    I had too much pizza last weekend.. this week also am feeding on all kinds of unhealthy food. Last night went to boston pizza and had nachos and pasta.. had another one today and some sweet dishes. i coudnt go to gym this week because my back was hurting.. so i said to myself that i can eat watever i can this week just to make myself feel better about my bad eating..

now i feel aweful when the week is almost done :(( hoepfully i hit gym again from tomm..

Just log it and try your best to do better going forward! Maybe just getting out and walking if you're not feeling up to the gym? You can do this!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Yay!!

Lots of variety for your trip.

It will be so nice. I don't think I've ever had multiple swimsuits before. I'm mildly excited about wearing them too. Not super excited about having to shave my bikini area however. :/

I've said it before but I swear by waxing! It's not the most enjoyable experience but soooo worth it!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

This is what I do!! I have a bunch of strapless black tops and I always look for fun colorful bottoms :)
  • heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Quasita wrote: »
    I also figure I should admit... I'm so big (and this is not body dysmorphia talking here) that I can't imagine I'll ever be appealing to anyone. Sometimes, it gets so lonely... All I want sometimes is someone that can see past how rough I've been with my body, and consider me beautiful.

I have panic attacks sometimes, thinking about the fact that I'm in my 30s, and getting to a normal size of any type seems so impossible. I think I'm too late to do anything worthwhile, and that I will die alone. Ha.

I know this post is old, but I had to reply to it. I don't know if you are still reading even. I am in the same boat as you. I am 32 and scared that I am going to die alone, because nobody is ever going to want me. I didn't have my first boyfriend until last year, and that was a very hectic relationship... we fought a lot and he was controlling, I put off ending it for longer than I should have (though we were only together April-June) because I was like I know I'm never going to find anyone else. But when it came down to it, it wasn't a good situation, and even my friends were saying that they didn't like him. lol Since I broke up with him I have had a lot of second thoughts, like maybe I should have kept trying a little longer. But I know that's only because I know nobody else will want me. :(

Same with getting to a normal size, it feels sooo impossible. But this time feels different for me, I was at a crisis stabilization unit for 4 days in March, because I was at such a low point I would look at my medicine bottles thinking how easy it would be to just take them all. Well, I met a girl there who told me about how she lost weight and suggested I try it for a week and see if it helped. It was low carb, and I started the Monday after I got home, and stuck to it strictly for a month and a half or 2. I lost 7 pounds the first month, zero the second month.. then started dropping slowly again at the start of month 3! lol Anyway, I transitioned back on carbs and am mostly watching calories now, and I didn't gain any back, so I'm happy that I can have spaghetti and pizza again. :) I am super frustrated losing only an average of a pound a week, when most people my size or even smaller drop faster! :/ But I'm focusing on the goal here, I have to, when I don't I throw it all away and lose all my progress. I would love to be at my goal before/by the time I turn 34/35 at the latest, but worst case scenario, if I average a pound a week I should make it by 37. The worst part is, I feel like my life has passed me by because of this weight. I have dealt with the weight and eating disorders and depression and anxiety my whole life, and I feel like I literally CAN'T live or be happy until I lose the weight. Especially because I feel like even if I found someone who wanted me, that they would be like my ex, so I feel like I have to look better before I can find a better quality person. :/

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to say that I know where you are at, I'm in the same place, if you see this and want to add me you can. :) Same goes for anyone else. I'm new to posting, but I have been lurking and using MFP on and off since I think 2013! I finally got up the nerve to start posting the other day. :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    laurienem wrote: »
    Longtime lurker, first time posting...
    My confession is I had an early dinner today, then took a nap, woke up and decided that the first dinner wasn't satisfactory, then went out and got a second dinner (salad with creamy dressing + a big bowl of fro yo). Deciding not to log it because god only knows what I put on that fro yo.

Rationalizing it by the fact that I'm playing 6+ hours of soccer in high heat both days this weekend.

Hey you're just fueling your body that was/will be playing a sport requiring a lot of running:D.