Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    A few pages back I wrote about my large unhealthy co-worker that has been sick all week, sitting over there hacking & coughing, pumping germs into the air, and refusing to stay home when we have tons of sick leave available.

So, worst fears realized, I woke up this morning with a sore throat & headache. Started coughing.

P*ssed, I walk into work...and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she called in sick today...on a Friday.

Guess who is her back up?

So now I'm sick on a Friday, getting an average of 5 emails a minute between both of our emails.

%$^& ^*&#$(@#& $% $@#(*&^ %(^&%#

I HATE PEOLPE LIKE THAT
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

The last minute of the finale was a little heartbreaking, no? Oh, Sheldon. :(

I was so sad for him!! :frowning:
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I haven't seen Big Bang theory finale yet!!!! :( And I have to confess I don't know what all the hype about bacon is *runs and hides*
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

One of my good friends in high school was Canadian and he introduced me to salt and vinegar potato chips. Mistake. Love those things!

And the best are

20120606_C6243_PHOTO_EN_14756.jpg
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession...

I confess I've contemplated booking a night at a hotel in a quiet place so I could actually get a good night sleep. I haven't slept well in weeks. My husband snores, is on a loud breathing machine, and has restless leg syndrome and kicks all night. I just can't take it anymore. Every time I end up waking up in the middle of the night (because of his kicks, or I have to pee, or the cat meows or something), I have to go downstairs in the recliner to be able to sleep again, and even then I'm so annoyed that it takes me an hour or more. And it's not exactly comfy.

So I fell asleep at 11pm, woke up at 3.30am, finally fell asleep around 5am and the kids woke me up at 5.30am (WTF kids). I was hungry so I had breakfast early, and my day is probably screwed again because tired + hungry early = bad news.

I confess I'm starting to get really worried about our trip this Summer because I won't have anywhere else to sleep then.
    Same issue here my husband mumbles in his sleep and tosses a lo and I'm a light sleeper so it's a nightmare. So it might be bad but we watch tv and "stuff" together and then just for the sleep part we sleep in separate rooms. But we spend a lot of close time before so it's literally just for sleeping . Can you tell I'm defensive because I know people think it's horrible but sleep is important! How long is your trip? Just bring some melatonin or something to make you tired and just use it every now and then so you get some sleep during the trip.

Long-term sleep deprivation is NOT something to take lightly! I cannot function and get physically ill if I don't enough sleep. My husband is the same way: night jumper, loud, moves all over the place. So, we have separate bedrooms. I don't care what other people think about it. Besides, he is retired and I work full-time. We have very different schedules. Having separate areas to sleep has actually helped us.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A few pages back I wrote about my large unhealthy co-worker that has been sick all week, sitting over there hacking & coughing, pumping germs into the air, and refusing to stay home when we have tons of sick leave available.

So, worst fears realized, I woke up this morning with a sore throat & headache. Started coughing.

P*ssed, I walk into work...and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she called in sick today...on a Friday.

So now I'm sick on a Friday, getting an average of 5 emails a minute between both of our emails.

%$^& ^*&#$(@#& $% $@#(*&^ %(^&%#

I hate that. An old job of mine had a rule that you could only miss 10 days a year before getting fired - you could make them up by working on your days off, but a lot of people couldn't do that because of other obligations or because that is stupid and they didn't' want to. This resulted in so many people coming to work sick. The worst was when someone came in when they had the dang stomach flu. Freaking horrible.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    <
    On a completely unrelated topic, new profile pic. Is she not the cutest little Elsa ever?! (I may be just a bit biased though lol.)
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I'm now behind by 191 pages in this thread. Back here on page 223 it's March 25 at 10:29 a.m. I'm writing from the past to report that my prediction did in fact come true.

Alas, I fear this may be the closest any of us ever gets to 'experiencing' a form of time travel... ;)

Lorraine, please say, "hi!" to the 'me' from back then (I'm SO different now... ;P ). ;)

Oh, and allow me to be the first to say, "hello!" to you now ('pre-emptively', I suppose ;) ), for whenever it is you happen to make it 'here', at this point in the future-as-you-now-know-it, but for which this point will later be known to others as "the past"... but which currently represents the 'here and now' (not to be confused with the saying, "that's neither here nor there", mind you, as hearing anyone ever say that results in my thinking, "then where the heck IS it?!"... ;P ). ;)

(A toast -- to better tomorrows! -- which will later be our yesterdays! -- and then ultimately Lorraine's todays! ;) )

Hi qn4(something about piano keys)aifd! I just made it to this spot in the thread. I'm pleased to report I finally lost the 2 pounds I gained eating shortbread and ice cream at that conference. (Maybe a little bit of regret still, but no permanent harm done.) Back here on April 20, 133 pages back on this thread, things are sunny and beautiful, and you look great qn4! Have you lost weight?

Hahaha! Love that!
  • BZAH10
    Options

%$^& ^*&#$(@#&amp; $% $@#(*&amp;^ %(^&%#

Oh, that really sucks. So sorry. You should have called off this morning.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    68ub85ynjp6j.jpg

Success! Thanks, @Lois_1989!
    27ztuk7d6wpm.gif

My tummy actually grumbled when I saw the animated one. I went to the gym at lunch and I'm still hungry.

Edit: after posting this message two of them were on my screen! Noooo! :weary:

Call me a dirty hippie, but pigs are wayyyy too intelligent for me to feel good about eating them.

Wellshire Uncured Turkey Bacon does the job nicely.

Same here, although I don't think of myself as a "dirty hippie" because of it. Funny. Can't say I've ever heard that reference.
  • ythannah
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »
    Same issue here my husband mumbles in his sleep and tosses a lo and I'm a light sleeper so it's a nightmare. So it might be bad but we watch tv and "stuff" together and then just for the sleep part we sleep in separate rooms. But we spend a lot of close time before so it's literally just for sleeping . Can you tell I'm defensive because I know people think it's horrible but sleep is important! How long is your trip? Just bring some melatonin or something to make you tired and just use it every now and then so you get some sleep during the trip.

I have horrible horrible chronic insomnia issues anyway and my SO is a LOUD snorer. He falls asleep at the drop of a hat... he can sleep sitting up in front of the TV no problem... so I would be lying there trying to drop off and he would be sawing logs at 100 decibels.

He hates the thought of separate bedrooms so much that he will force himself to stay awake, usually surfing on his iPad, until he knows I'm sound asleep. Fortunately he usually snores at the beginning of sleep and quietens down as he gets deeper into it, so waking up in the middle of the night isn't an issue.

I'd be cool with separate bedrooms. I get way better quality sleep when I'm not sharing a bed.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I haven't seen Big Bang theory finale yet!!!! :( And I have to confess I don't know what all the hype about bacon is *runs and hides*

I don't really get it either. I'll eat bacon, but I prefer sausage or ham.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    <
    On a completely unrelated topic, new profile pic. Is she not the cutest little Elsa ever?! (I may be just a bit biased though lol.)

Adorable!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Allow me to explain. Bacon has always been delicious. When I was very little, my grandmother cooked a whole package of bacon and I ate the whole package in about 5 minutes. Over the last few years, bacon has become somewhat overexposed. Now that it is understood and marketed that bacon is delicious by the general public, being obsessed with bacon has become a bit cliché. Someday, I foresee there may be even a bit of a backlash against people who enjoy bacon a lot and they might even become outcasts. I'm sure the WHO will come out with new guidelines explaining how bacon will kill your father and rape your mother. I will, however, continue to eat bacon. My grandmother is still alive. I may visit her soon and eat all of her bacon. Hope that clears it up for you.
    Should that day ever come, I shall embrace my outcast status and eat all the bacon! Bacon and coffee are the two things I refuse to ever give up. :lol:
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Allow me to explain. Bacon has always been delicious. When I was very little, my grandmother cooked a whole package of bacon and I ate the whole package in about 5 minutes. Over the last few years, bacon has become somewhat overexposed. Now that it is understood and marketed that bacon is delicious by the general public, being obsessed with bacon has become a bit cliché. Someday, I foresee there may be even a bit of a backlash against people who enjoy bacon a lot and they might even become outcasts. I'm sure the WHO will come out with new guidelines explaining how bacon will kill your father and rape your mother. I will, however, continue to eat bacon. My grandmother is still alive. I may visit her soon and eat all of her bacon. Hope that clears it up for you.

The last part about demonizing bacon yes I can see that happening! I do enjoy bacon but I'm like @rungirl1973 I prefer sausage! YUM!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    <

Adorable!

Thank you! :blush:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    <

Adorable!

Thank you! :blush:
  • ythannah
    Options

I pulled the bacon image that I posted off of a Time (?) article about some 105 year old woman crediting bacon with her longevity.

No love for bacon here. No love for any pig meat. Around age 7 or so I found that I couldn't stand the texture of pork, couldn't chew it, couldn't swallow it... too weirdly rubbery. I can handle bacon crumblies in a salad or pasta, but that's about it.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real.

We're getting a Zombie Burger and a 5 Guys.