Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

Pics or it didn't happen! :p

I just washed them all Saturday so once they're dry, I'll post pics on facebook, @quiksylver296

LIKE BUTTON!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Does anyone have a good wedding story? Like, did you get married somewhere weird, or whatnot? Just wondering, because we still get funny looks when we mention where we got married (married by a notary public at the car lot he ran) lol. Hubby has already promised me a beach wedding when we decide to renew our vows, but it's still cute and funny about where we actually got married :laugh:

I'm feeling oddly reminiscent and emotional today for some reason, which is weird for me lol.

My husband and I got married on a Monday morning at the courthouse. Not a super weird location, but it worked. Seventeen years later and going strong.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my hubby ordered 3 more swimsuits because out of the other 4 he ordered, only 1 fit. Well, those three came in today. Two are identical bikinis only one is light blue and navy, and the other is coralish with gray. I tried them both on and surprisingly, I didn't feel like a flat chested sea cow. No offense to sea cows.

I asked him which he liked better. He said both. I asked him again which one he thought I should keep. He said both because they both looked good. His exact words were something along the lines of you look hot in both and you should keep both.

The third one didn't work because the top and bottoms didn't match (that's what happens when you buy from Amazon). The top was black and white with red trim, but the bottoms were pink with black and white trim. I was disappointed because I loved the bottoms. Oh well.

I went from having zero swimsuits or covers, to having 2 bikinis, an adorable monokini, and 2 swimsuit covers. Pretty exciting. :)

Yay!!

Lots of variety for your trip.

It will be so nice. I don't think I've ever had multiple swimsuits before. I'm mildly excited about wearing them too. Not super excited about having to shave my bikini area however. :/

I've said it before but I swear by waxing! It's not the most enjoyable experience but soooo worth it!

Second! Make sure you exfoliate after so you don't get the bumps.

What's the best exfoliator?

Anything with scrubby stuff in it. I think St. Ives does one with walnut shell.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good wedding story? Like, did you get married somewhere weird, or whatnot? Just wondering, because we still get funny looks when we mention where we got married (married by a notary public at the car lot he ran) lol. Hubby has already promised me a beach wedding when we decide to renew our vows, but it's still cute and funny about where we actually got married :laugh:

I'm feeling oddly reminiscent and emotional today for some reason, which is weird for me lol.

My husband and I got married on a Monday morning at the courthouse. Not a super weird location, but it worked. Seventeen years later and going strong.

Think ours was a Thursday? At the courthouse in august, then we had the wedding ceremony/reception (his parents paid for it) in January. I consider January our anniversary but I never wanted a wedding. I did it to make them happy.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I hide my personal stash of yummy things in an empty box of bran flakes.
    No way is hubby or kidlets ever looking there.

This I love!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

Yes! I am! I was so mad I wasted so much time getting into it! This is why I don't watch most series unless they're already over so I know there's some sort of conclusion/resolution!

I haven't watched that one but honestly I just get pissed off at the people who do the shows... They know their ratings. If there's any doubt it might not get renewed, it's just rude not to try to at least end the season with some kind of closure.
    I confess that I had another huge binge last night & ate a Snickers, Mr. Goodbar, Dove bar, & some other chocolate along with a few servings of ice cream. I also confess that I wasn't going to eat anything today & barely anything tomorrow to make up for it but realized that was idiotic & will just try harder to not binge.

I think the reason I had a massive binge last night was from eating too early in the morning when I am not necessarily hungry & then feeling hangry the rest of the day. I need to go back to not eating anything in the morning unless I am seriously growing/starving & then space out my meals more throughout the day.

I keep saying the same thing.. but then I'm hungry by 7am. It sucks.

We sorta eloped and just got married alone at a small church, because it was time sensitive because of immigration issues... We had the celebration 4 months later (which I just realized was 12 years ago yesterday, but I guess we don't really celebrate that one).
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Yay!!

Lots of variety for your trip.

It will be so nice. I don't think I've ever had multiple swimsuits before. I'm mildly excited about wearing them too. Not super excited about having to shave my bikini area however. :/

I've said it before but I swear by waxing! It's not the most enjoyable experience but soooo worth it!

Second! Make sure you exfoliate after so you don't get the bumps.

What's the best exfoliator?

What's helped me the most are exfoliating gloves. I got a pack of 3 for cheap on amazon and it's decreased my bumps and ingrown hair by a lot.
    Everyone knows I LOVE cookies so for my birthday last month I was given two cookie cakes. After eating almost both of them in 2 days I threw the rest away. On the 3rd morning I dug it out of the trash and ate it. It was still in it's box but still. Addiction anyone?!?!

I hear you. I confess I've never had a cookie cake though but keep wanting to make one... which I don't do... because it's going to end just like that.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

Ahhh, no judgement but WHAT! Frozen is one thing I can understand but no Grease or Dirty Dancing!? Oh my goodness you're missing out, I love, love, love those movies! I can still perform every song from Grease if asked to do so haha :)

And The Princess Bride! All required watching.

Confession: I hate Frozen. Elsa is a selfish witch, imo.

I've never seen Princess Bride. *hides in shame*

Confession - reduced my goal today in an attempt to lose a couple pounds before my vacation. It's 1pm and I only have 420 calories left because I was hungry. Again. I'm seriously scared to climb on the scale this month (my period finally started, so it means another 2 weeks before I lose the water weight and I can compare to last month). But my clothes fit the same at least, my 8s are still falling off and my muffin top hasn't come back on the 6s, so that's good, right?

• quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm caught up! Now for my real confession:

I am up 17 pounds from November, when I started this new job. I have also been back in the gym, lifting, since November. I have been telling myself that the weight gain is because I'm lifting. I know that is not true, but I can't seem to rein in. The scale hit 190 today.... :'(

I think the thing that p!sses me off the most is that I know what I should be doing. I know the formula for success. And yet, I don't follow it. Urgh.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

We got married on a Monday morning too lol! We were hoping to do it at the courthouse but one of the judges had passed away so there was only one left at the time and she had so much on her plate that they just started referring you to notary publics when you applied for the license. That was back in 2011 so they may have started doing it again lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I am up 17 pounds from November, when I started this new job. I have also been back in the gym, lifting, since November. I have been telling myself that the weight gain is because I'm lifting. I know that is not true, but I can't seem to rein in. The scale hit 190 today.... :'(

I think the thing that p!sses me off the most is that I know what I should be doing. I know the formula for success. And yet, I don't follow it. Urgh.

If it was easy, everyone would do it... see the bright side though... you've been lifting while eating at a surplus, so you've probably built at least a bit of muscle.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options

If it was easy, everyone would do it... see the bright side though... you've been lifting while eating at a surplus, so you've probably built at least a bit of muscle.

See, that's what I keep telling myself. Like it's a good thing. "I'm bulking."

Time for the cut. :#
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I totally started playing Hay Day because of @Susieq_1994 lol. I'm addicted now!

My plan for world (chicken) domination is WORKING! Muhahaha! ;)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Remember - this is intentional - Dom's Summer Bulk 2015! You can do your cut in September and be ahead of the game at Thanksgiving ;)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

You might have already read about mine here, but we just did Vegas. Five-minute ceremony at a little chapel with weddings every half hour (including with Elvis - we saw him driving a couple out of the parking lot in a pink Cadillac convertible after our ceremony), dinner at a restaurant, and a tour of the Strip, then a bunch of us went and rode a roller coaster in our wedding gear too. No real "reception", no DJ, no dancing, no bouquet tossing or cake or speeches or cocktail hour or whatever. We just got drunk in a limobus and took iPhone snapshots.

IMG_1203_zpsqhzexxam.jpg

IMG_2936_zpsdrxk4rlb.jpg
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I love cheese so much that i will melt just cheese on a plate in the microwave and eat it :smile:

When I was heavier I would use almost a whole jar of salsa & then mix in a ton of shredded cheese & microwave until the cheese was either bubbling or crispier (depended on my mood). I would either eat it with a fork or tortilla chips.

OMG that sounds heavenly!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ...I totally own this page. You guys, I talk WAY too much. *hangs head in shame*

Sounds like you only have that problem on this thread and not IRL! Seriously though, love it when you weigh in on posts!

Nope, I have that problem in real life too, but only if I know someone really well (and like them). My sister and husband will tell you that I talk their ears off, but everyone else thinks I'm as quiet as a mouse... But I really do talk a LOT! My husband knows something is seriously wrong if I'm quiet for any extended period of time. :o
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My son will be 10 in two weeks and wets the bed (still) on average twice a month. He could sleep through a hurricane, so I really do feel that he is just not getting the "signal" to get up on those nights he's wetting. We make sure the majority of liquids come early in the day and that the very last thing he does before getting under the covers is go pee. If his sheets are wet in the morning, he strips the bed.

On another note, he will be going to his first ever sleep away camp this August for a week and I am terrified.[/quote]

To those with potty training issues....as a physical therapist specializing in Women's Health (esp pelvic floor dysfunction, though not necessarily pediatric), consider that your kids might be what's termed "functionally constipated". In other words, they're pooping regularly, however they're a couple days behind in eliminating waste. Try the corn test (if they're anything like my 6.5 year old son or my husband for that matter, they'll think it's cool). Don't have corn for at least 7-10 days, then give them a really big serving and tell them to watch for the corn in their poop. It should pass completely in 18-24 hours, however it frequently takes 3-7 days for someone with functional constipation to pass the corn. If it takes more than 2 days, it likely indicates a larger-than-it-should-be colon, which takes up space in the pelvic bowl, not allowing complete expansion of the bladder (kind of like being 8 months pregnant) and nighttime wetting. Shrinking the colon (usually via long term use of Miralax - think 3-6 months to a year) generally ends the nighttime wetting.

Just a thought, obviously check with your pediatrician...

Oh, and 'cause this is the confessions thread and here I am chiming in after 817 pages of silence (and being a couple pages behind) I confess that I've lurked since the beginning and have enjoyed voyeuristically spending time with ya'll, however as in real life, haven't felt as though my speaking would improve the silence. Hopefully though, that tidbit might help (and may possibly have many of you checking your poops for corn more often).
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"

Welcome back!!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    So… I mostly need a place to noodle this around and get it out. I work for my State as a government analyst, so I have to be kinda vague and can't get into specifics. I make decent $, not great. Job security is awesome, but I like $ and I like to be challenged. I have an MBA already and I’m feeling the itch to go back and get my MS in Finance. It would be stupid to get an MS if I’m going to stay in government. I only need my BA for my job, so I’m already over-qualified.

I love the job security, but I hate that it’s not challenging, no advancement other than getting the standard automated raise every year, etc. I also love the thought of using my brain again (I’m a weirdo that loves school).
    Hubby says do it, but if I do, I have to get out of government work (I can make at least $10-$15k/yr more in private sector work and raises are usually better). In private sector, the degree would pay for itself within 2 years, maybe less. Am I crazy to want to get out of “safe” government work into private companies?

Sorry, but from my experience? Yes! Is it possible to stay where you are and do something on the side that stimulates you intellectually and can generate extra income? That's the route I'd take, personally.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Okay, people, I need your help!

I want to get a flat(er) belly for my vacation in a little over 2 weeks. I SERIOUSLY contemplated doing a wrap, but then I remembered, I don't enjoy throwing my money away. Anywho, I am pretty much willing to do anything as long as it's healthy. Can you lovely people suggest things that I can do to get the results I want?
    I thought that's exactly what the wraps DID work for - temporary water loss, no?
    Well, otherwise, go low carb and lose all the water weight that way, on the understanding it will start to come back when you eat the crackers offered on the plane.
    Okay, people, I need your help!

I want to get a flat(er) belly for my vacation in a little over 2 weeks. I SERIOUSLY contemplated doing a wrap, but then I remembered, I don't enjoy throwing my money away. Anywho, I am pretty much willing to do anything as long as it's healthy. Can you lovely people suggest things that I can do to get the results I want?

I'd say low carb it for these two weeks, get a spray tan, and make sure you stand up straight!

What is considered low carb? I know that sounds like a completely ridiculous question, but I honestly don't know. I have already decided that I'm completely cutting out soda for the next 2 weeks and hopefully, that will relieve a little of the bloating.

I really do appreciate all the helpful suggestions and I promise I won't eat the crackers if they're offered to me on the plane.

@AngryViking1970 I plan on tanning before I go. Not sure if it'll be a spray tan or not, but either way, I'll remember to stand up straight. :smiley:

This was a few pages back, so you may have the answer already, but anywhere from 150g on down, depending on how it's structured. I'll be the one to offer a warning, too. The things you cut out on lc to lose water are the things that cause you to retain it in the first place, so if you add them back in on vacation, they'll start holding the bloating again. It's not really that hard to do LC on vacation, except for dessert. You can drink hard liquor instead of beer and wine, but a lot of the mixers have tons of sugar, so you'd have to drink it straight or just with seltzer. Also, airplane flights cause bloating (which is why winning a trip home on the Biggest Loser isn't really a reward, but more of a penalty).

I think your best sustainable bet is to be very mindful of your sodium, drink a lot of water, and keep that up while you're there.

I'm not really a drinker. I can just drink water and be perfectly happy. I will keep an eye on my sodium intake and limit carbs unless they're complex carbs. I'm not a huge dessert person, I like it, but I can do without it and be just fine. Does the plane cause bloating because of the altitude? That's weird. I think just cutting out going out to eat all the time for dinners will help tremendously too.

As far as keeping up anything, I plan on going all out or in while on vacation. I've waited 15 years for this and I'm not going to put limitations on myself. I am planning on working out in the resort every morning before breakfast and then moving a lot during the day. Walking, bike riding (my husband's idea), swimming, and anything else I can't do while in Kansas.

T-19 days :smiley:

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My confession for today:

I really, really, really, really, really love bread. That is all.

It's always at the top of my list, right up there with cheese! :) My favorite is a crusty French bread or Italian ciabatta, both with butter. I could seriously eat an entire loaf which is why I basically save it as a treat and stick with reasonable amounts of light rye or multigrain thins for sandwiches. Mmm....bread....*drool*
    So I had been craving a chocolate chip cookie, right? So I couldn't take it anymore and went to the store and bought a package of Pepperidge Farm cookies, which I haven't dared doing for 2.5 years...

Now I remember why. I did stop at 3, I guess, which is better than the whole bag. Still going to end up over today... but I'm glad I got my cravings out of the way (but yeah, a chocolate almond croissant and 3 cookies in one day wasn't the best choice, I'll give you that).

At least if I manage to stick to my goal tomorrow I'll be at maintenance for the week at least.

My weakness are their white chocolate macadamia cookies. Yeah, I could definitely eat an entire bag no problem.

I'm quite sure I've eaten a whole bag or two of those in the past.

And bread? Yeah, it always does me in at restaurants. Just love a good French or Italian bread, and don't get me started on that brown bread at the Cheesecake Factory... or the Texas Roadhouse rolls.

Oh man. Italian bread is my jam. I can eat a whole loaf with butter and garlic if I let myself. Good thing my kids like it too and attack it before I can eat it all.

As I have mentioned before, my daughter was adopted at age 10. So obviously she was raised in a different household before that.

Growing up, BREAD to me was what people call Italian bread. To me, that was the only bread we ever had....it always came from a bakery, usually unsliced....bought about every other day.

When my daughter first came to live with me, after some time, she asked why we never have normal bread in the house. I didn't really know what she meant but after some back and forth she said, "you know, like regular white people bread."

I never really ate that wonder bread type stuff, I find it kinda gross most of the time, although now, I can handle it for certain things. When ever my kids want that type of stuff, they literally ask me to pick up a loaf of white people bread!

What! Do you use it for sandwiches and breakfast toast too? Oh man, maybe you shouldn't tell me. I use it as a side with dinners. I buy it at least once a week. "White people bread" cracked me up. That is hilarious.