Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I confess that I had another huge binge last night & ate a Snickers, Mr. Goodbar, Dove bar, & some other chocolate along with a few servings of ice cream. I also confess that I wasn't going to eat anything today & barely anything tomorrow to make up for it but realized that was idiotic & will just try harder to not binge.

I think the reason I had a massive binge last night was from eating too early in the morning when I am not necessarily hungry & then feeling hangry the rest of the day. I need to go back to not eating anything in the morning unless I am seriously growing/starving & then space out my meals more throughout the day.

It helps me a lot in sticking to my calorie goal to skip breakfast and eat my first meal around 11:30 or 12 PM. I don't usually feel hungry in the mornings, since it takes a while for my stomach to "wake up" and realize that there's nothing in it. ;)

ETA: I've also done that restriction, and I warn you against it. It triggers a massive restrict-overeat cycle that I'm still struggling to overcome. Please don't do it, it feels just awful! :-/
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Okay, people, I need your help!

I want to get a flat(er) belly for my vacation in a little over 2 weeks. I SERIOUSLY contemplated doing a wrap, but then I remembered, I don't enjoy throwing my money away. Anywho, I am pretty much willing to do anything as long as it's healthy. Can you lovely people suggest things that I can do to get the results I want?

Honestly? No clue... Sorry.

You look awesome now. Just sayin'.

Thanks, @quiksylver296 Mike thinks so too. :blush:

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    kellypence wrote: »
    My son will be 10 in two weeks and wets the bed (still) on average twice a month. He could sleep through a hurricane, so I really do feel that he is just not getting the "signal" to get up on those nights he's wetting. We make sure the majority of liquids come early in the day and that the very last thing he does before getting under the covers is go pee. If his sheets are wet in the morning, he strips the bed.

On another note, he will be going to his first ever sleep away camp this August for a week and I am terrified.

To those with potty training issues....as a physical therapist specializing in Women's Health (esp pelvic floor dysfunction, though not necessarily pediatric), consider that your kids might be what's termed "functionally constipated". In other words, they're pooping regularly, however they're a couple days behind in eliminating waste. Try the corn test (if they're anything like my 6.5 year old son or my husband for that matter, they'll think it's cool). Don't have corn for at least 7-10 days, then give them a really big serving and tell them to watch for the corn in their poop. It should pass completely in 18-24 hours, however it frequently takes 3-7 days for someone with functional constipation to pass the corn. If it takes more than 2 days, it likely indicates a larger-than-it-should-be colon, which takes up space in the pelvic bowl, not allowing complete expansion of the bladder (kind of like being 8 months pregnant) and nighttime wetting. Shrinking the colon (usually via long term use of Miralax - think 3-6 months to a year) generally ends the nighttime wetting.

Just a thought, obviously check with your pediatrician...

Oh, and 'cause this is the confessions thread and here I am chiming in after 817 pages of silence (and being a couple pages behind) I confess that I've lurked since the beginning and have enjoyed voyeuristically spending time with ya'll, however as in real life, haven't felt as though my speaking would improve the silence. Hopefully though, that tidbit might help (and may possibly have many of you checking your poops for corn more often).[/quote]
    Welcome! And what an awesomely helpful first contribution!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Does anyone have a good wedding story? Like, did you get married somewhere weird, or whatnot? Just wondering, because we still get funny looks when we mention where we got married (married by a notary public at the car lot he ran) lol. Hubby has already promised me a beach wedding when we decide to renew our vows, but it's still cute and funny about where we actually got married :laugh:

I'm feeling oddly reminiscent and emotional today for some reason, which is weird for me lol.

My husband and I got married on a Monday morning at the courthouse. Not a super weird location, but it worked. Seventeen years later and going strong.

LIKE BUTTON!!!

My husband and I were married by a retired judge in the judge's living room. He was old and kept forgetting where in our vows we were, so we had to keep starting over. I was annoyed because I just wanted to be married and then go eat Japanese food. The least annoying thing, we got to do the kissing bit 4 times. >:)

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I want to get a flat(er) belly for my vacation in a little over 2 weeks. I SERIOUSLY contemplated doing a wrap, but then I remembered, I don't enjoy throwing my money away. Anywho, I am pretty much willing to do anything as long as it's healthy. Can you lovely people suggest things that I can do to get the results I want?
    I thought that's exactly what the wraps DID work for - temporary water loss, no?
    Well, otherwise, go low carb and lose all the water weight that way, on the understanding it will start to come back when you eat the crackers offered on the plane.

I'd say low carb it for these two weeks, get a spray tan, and make sure you stand up straight!

What is considered low carb? I know that sounds like a completely ridiculous question, but I honestly don't know. I have already decided that I'm completely cutting out soda for the next 2 weeks and hopefully, that will relieve a little of the bloating.

I really do appreciate all the helpful suggestions and I promise I won't eat the crackers if they're offered to me on the plane.

@AngryViking1970 I plan on tanning before I go. Not sure if it'll be a spray tan or not, but either way, I'll remember to stand up straight. :smiley:

This was a few pages back, so you may have the answer already, but anywhere from 150g on down, depending on how it's structured. I'll be the one to offer a warning, too. The things you cut out on lc to lose water are the things that cause you to retain it in the first place, so if you add them back in on vacation, they'll start holding the bloating again. It's not really that hard to do LC on vacation, except for dessert. You can drink hard liquor instead of beer and wine, but a lot of the mixers have tons of sugar, so you'd have to drink it straight or just with seltzer. Also, airplane flights cause bloating (which is why winning a trip home on the Biggest Loser isn't really a reward, but more of a penalty).

I think your best sustainable bet is to be very mindful of your sodium, drink a lot of water, and keep that up while you're there.

I'm not really a drinker. I can just drink water and be perfectly happy. I will keep an eye on my sodium intake and limit carbs unless they're complex carbs. I'm not a huge dessert person, I like it, but I can do without it and be just fine. Does the plane cause bloating because of the altitude? That's weird. I think just cutting out going out to eat all the time for dinners will help tremendously too.

As far as keeping up anything, I plan on going all out or in while on vacation. I've waited 15 years for this and I'm not going to put limitations on myself. I am planning on working out in the resort every morning before breakfast and then moving a lot during the day. Walking, bike riding (my husband's idea), swimming, and anything else I can't do while in Kansas.

T-19 days :smiley:

It's from the air pressure changes in the cabin.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I thought that's exactly what the wraps DID work for - temporary water loss, no?
    Well, otherwise, go low carb and lose all the water weight that way, on the understanding it will start to come back when you eat the crackers offered on the plane.

I'd say low carb it for these two weeks, get a spray tan, and make sure you stand up straight!

What is considered low carb? I know that sounds like a completely ridiculous question, but I honestly don't know. I have already decided that I'm completely cutting out soda for the next 2 weeks and hopefully, that will relieve a little of the bloating.

I really do appreciate all the helpful suggestions and I promise I won't eat the crackers if they're offered to me on the plane.

@AngryViking1970 I plan on tanning before I go. Not sure if it'll be a spray tan or not, but either way, I'll remember to stand up straight. :smiley:

This was a few pages back, so you may have the answer already, but anywhere from 150g on down, depending on how it's structured. I'll be the one to offer a warning, too. The things you cut out on lc to lose water are the things that cause you to retain it in the first place, so if you add them back in on vacation, they'll start holding the bloating again. It's not really that hard to do LC on vacation, except for dessert. You can drink hard liquor instead of beer and wine, but a lot of the mixers have tons of sugar, so you'd have to drink it straight or just with seltzer. Also, airplane flights cause bloating (which is why winning a trip home on the Biggest Loser isn't really a reward, but more of a penalty).

I think your best sustainable bet is to be very mindful of your sodium, drink a lot of water, and keep that up while you're there.

I'm not really a drinker. I can just drink water and be perfectly happy. I will keep an eye on my sodium intake and limit carbs unless they're complex carbs. I'm not a huge dessert person, I like it, but I can do without it and be just fine. Does the plane cause bloating because of the altitude? That's weird. I think just cutting out going out to eat all the time for dinners will help tremendously too.

As far as keeping up anything, I plan on going all out or in while on vacation. I've waited 15 years for this and I'm not going to put limitations on myself. I am planning on working out in the resort every morning before breakfast and then moving a lot during the day. Walking, bike riding (my husband's idea), swimming, and anything else I can't do while in Kansas.

T-19 days :smiley:

I'm not sure what the physiological reason behind it is, but people do swell up on planes. That's why lots of people use compression socks etc on long flights even if they don't have any issues with it normally. Rings get stuck on my fingers too and my watch strap starts to bug me.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    So… I mostly need a place to noodle this around and get it out. I work for my State as a government analyst, so I have to be kinda vague and can't get into specifics. I make decent $, not great. Job security is awesome, but I like $ and I like to be challenged. I have an MBA already and I’m feeling the itch to go back and get my MS in Finance. It would be stupid to get an MS if I’m going to stay in government. I only need my BA for my job, so I’m already over-qualified.

I love the job security, but I hate that it’s not challenging, no advancement other than getting the standard automated raise every year, etc. I also love the thought of using my brain again (I’m a weirdo that loves school).
    Hubby says do it, but if I do, I have to get out of government work (I can make at least $10-$15k/yr more in private sector work and raises are usually better). In private sector, the degree would pay for itself within 2 years, maybe less. Am I crazy to want to get out of “safe” government work into private companies?
    I think you should do it. Sounds like you need the stimulation and if you can use it for professional development, even better. Who knows, by the time you finish, there might be somewhere in government that you could slide into..? Great that your husband is supportive too.
    (I envy you this need for self-improvement. I find myself disappointingly lazy in this regard. I'm currently working on a part-time online course which should have taken me approx 50-60 hours, but I've been working on it for 2.5 months so far. Just can't be arsed.)

• ashleebear23
    ashleebear23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I mostly don't count weekends with my diet, though I don't eat terribly, I'm just not as strict with myself. Though this weekend I worked out I consumed (food and alcohol) almost 4,000 calories on Saturday alone...needless to say I've been working out constantly and eating dust since...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"

YAYY welcome back we missed you!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Everyone knows I LOVE cookies so for my birthday last month I was given two cookie cakes. After eating almost both of them in 2 days I threw the rest away. On the 3rd morning I dug it out of the trash and ate it. It was still in it's box but still. Addiction anyone?!?!

No judgment cookie cakes are the BEST! I still have one for the mall every year :) My 30th is next April and I told my parents my cookie cake better be epic!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

Yes! I am! I was so mad I wasted so much time getting into it! This is why I don't watch most series unless they're already over so I know there's some sort of conclusion/resolution!

Me too...so frustrating! My husband barely watches any tv at all...but he actually watched that show with me. The only other show we watch together is The Walking Dead...but man, we were both so bummed to hear that The Following won't be back.

I do watch TWD <3 but I don't keep up with it- just wait until it comes out on Netlfix! Currently I'm fan girling all over myself waiting fot this Friday so I can binge watch Orange is The New Black!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm caught up! Now for my real confession:

I am up 17 pounds from November, when I started this new job. I have also been back in the gym, lifting, since November. I have been telling myself that the weight gain is because I'm lifting. I know that is not true, but I can't seem to rein in. The scale hit 190 today.... :'(

I think the thing that p!sses me off the most is that I know what I should be doing. I know the formula for success. And yet, I don't follow it. Urgh.

It's not easy and it sure isn't fun. But you should take solace in the fact that have no doubt gained muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. I'm sorry I couldn't resist throwing that bit in there. :wink:

Seriously though, don't be so hard on yourself, you look fantastic and focusing on your weight gain negates all the PR's you've smashed this year. Be proud of those. Hugs, my friend.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I am up 17 pounds from November, when I started this new job. I have also been back in the gym, lifting, since November. I have been telling myself that the weight gain is because I'm lifting. I know that is not true, but I can't seem to rein in. The scale hit 190 today.... :'(

I think the thing that p!sses me off the most is that I know what I should be doing. I know the formula for success. And yet, I don't follow it. Urgh.

It's not easy and it sure isn't fun. But you should take solace in the fact that have no doubt gained muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. I'm sorry I couldn't resist throwing that bit in there. :wink:

Seriously though, don't be so hard on yourself, you look fantastic and focusing on your weight gain negates all the PR's you've smashed this year. Be proud of those. Hugs, my friend.

I needed to be reminded of that. Thanks. The stupid number on the stupid scale threw me for a stupid loop this morning.

ETA: That's also why I changed my profile pic to what it currently is...
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

Yes! I am! I was so mad I wasted so much time getting into it! This is why I don't watch most series unless they're already over so I know there's some sort of conclusion/resolution!

Me too...so frustrating! My husband barely watches any tv at all...but he actually watched that show with me. The only other show we watch together is The Walking Dead...but man, we were both so bummed to hear that The Following won't be back.

I do watch TWD <3 but I don't keep up with it- just wait until it comes out on Netlfix! Currently I'm fan girling all over myself waiting fot this Friday so I can binge watch Orange is The New Black!

My husband and I are excited about this too! He watched the whole season of Sense8 Saturday and Sunday. I had to make him go to bed at 5 in the morning when we had to be up for church in less than 4 hours and he was teaching.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"

Yes, we did! Also, great picture @LBuehrle8! I love y'all, but I'm just unable to keep up with this thread right now. I missed pages 797??? to 820. Don't have time to go back, so I'm sorry for all the posts I've missed, but I'm going to only be able to read what is posted during certain hours of the day. Sad. But, I have other things I have to keep up with right now.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

If it was easy, everyone would do it... see the bright side though... you've been lifting while eating at a surplus, so you've probably built at least a bit of muscle.

See, that's what I keep telling myself. Like it's a good thing. "I'm bulking."

Time for the cut. :#

YOU CAN DO IT! You motivate me with your running!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I confess that I had another huge binge last night & ate a Snickers, Mr. Goodbar, Dove bar, & some other chocolate along with a few servings of ice cream. I also confess that I wasn't going to eat anything today & barely anything tomorrow to make up for it but realized that was idiotic & will just try harder to not binge.

I think the reason I had a massive binge last night was from eating too early in the morning when I am not necessarily hungry & then feeling hangry the rest of the day. I need to go back to not eating anything in the morning unless I am seriously growing/starving & then space out my meals more throughout the day.

It helps me a lot in sticking to my calorie goal to skip breakfast and eat my first meal around 11:30 or 12 PM. I don't usually feel hungry in the mornings, since it takes a while for my stomach to "wake up" and realize that there's nothing in it. ;)

ETA: I've also done that restriction, and I warn you against it. It triggers a massive restrict-overeat cycle that I'm still struggling to overcome. Please don't do it, it feels just awful! :-/

I'm the same way, I don't eat food anywhere from 10 to 11 depending on the day. I used to believe I had to eat when I woke up but that just made me feel hungier sooner. Again- I agree- the restriction just leads to more binging for me. If I binge I just chalk it up and move on, it sucks but *kitten* happens sometimes, you know?
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I needed to be reminded of that. Thanks. The stupid number on the stupid scale threw me for a stupid loop this morning.

Agree completely with Mo - you've been doing awesome! And I love love love your new profile pic :wink:
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Yes, we did! Also, great picture @LBuehrle8! I love y'all, but I'm just unable to keep up with this thread right now. I missed pages 797??? to 820. Don't have time to go back, so I'm sorry for all the posts I've missed, but I'm going to only be able to read what is posted during certain hours of the day. Sad. But, I have other things I have to keep up with right now.

Likewise. The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of busy.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Love it!