Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm craving chipotle! And a good ice cream cone after! It's the weekend after all!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    This morning I was able to put on a shirt that previously was tight. I was super stoked that it was loose and hung straight down from my chest without clinging to my hips or rear end. Then I became depressed because it seriously occurred to me that I've been trying to look like Sponge Bob square pants and walk like a robot my whole life. My mother told me that only *kitten* showed their hips and my step-father told me that only fat slutty *kitten* wiggled when they walked.

I don't wear red either. Even though I love red and I look awesome in red. I am pale skinned, with dark hair and green eyes. I look spectacular in red and I can't wear it because only sluts wear red. I am now upset and pissed off because I know even if I were to buy something that clings in red I probably wouldn't be able to wear it out of the house. I'd be afraid everyone was staring at me for the wrong reasons. I feel pathetic. :/

I'm thinking you should try to get past this with baby steps... a little splash of colour here and there to start, some mildly wiggle-generating mid-height heels... and work your way up.

My mother held the odd notion that "only widows wear black" but fortunately that didn't get passed on to me and I wear a lot of black. Oh, and when I was a teen somebody told her that only sluts wear big earrings. That was her one and only piece of advice to me upon starting high school. Lol. (I just put them on after I left the house)

I've never been much for wearing bright colours or fancy patterns since I've always preferred to fade into the background, but I've slowly been adding more vibrant clothes into my wardrobe.

Yes, that is pretty much what I do. Pretty much all of my clothing is a shade of black or grey with some blue jeans thrown in.

I was raised the same way. And talk about double messages - this was in a family where I can guarantee that my mother would collapse into hysterics if she thought I might possibly approach a weight over 100 pounds in high school. This stuff is absolutely freaking psychosis-inducing =P

I can only say that after gradually shedding a lot of the idiocy that had gotten shoved into my poor brain, I finally came around to firmly believing that every woman should own at least one blazing red dress and a good pair of "f*** me" pumps. And then wear 'em for YOURSELF - without regard to anybody else's dumb beliefs or stereotypes.

Good lord. I'm surprised sometimes that so many of us get through this life to turn out as basically sane, basically decent human beings - we get so much toxic crap thrown at us.

Amen! And I'm sorry for all the struggles everyone has endured regarding this topic. One correction, though: ONE pair of f*** pumps?! Oh, honey, I have a closet full of them! Worn with my discreet, professional clothes every day I get lots of use out of all of them and they make me feel fabulous!

I second this! I have a whole collection of beautiful shoes, which, when not on my feet, live in clear plastic boxes, so i can admire them. I have a wall of shoes**. I often wear all black outfits, and set them off with fabulous red shoes (i have about 10 pairs of red ones)

**i may also have a shoe addiction. Please don't ask about my handbags.

For the past several years hubby and I were getting out of debt and accumulating savings so shopping for unnecessary items was a no no. My shoe collection consists of two pairs of casual sneakers, one pair of outdoor gym shoes, one pair of indoor gym shoes, one pair of winter boots, one pair of water shoes, one pair of flip flops (which are in my gym bag for showering purposes because shower floors are gross), one pair of steel toes, one pair of black summer sandals, and one pair of slip on Sketchers that have holes in them for gardening. Oh and I have one pair of black flats that are glued together on the bottom at work and one pair of black slip on heals at work which are very worn to the point they should be replaced.

I just bought my first pair of white sandal heels last week and I got them on sale... I feel so pretty in them.

I admit that when I was at my heaviest, I didn't have the confidence to wear any pretty clothes so I didn't buy anything nice. Buying those white sandals was so liberating.

I confess that I don't understand anybody's obsession with hand bags. It is just a bag!

You go wash your mouth out with soap right now, young lady!

It's not just a bag, it's a gateway drug to hoarding :( I would have more of them, but they tend to get bigger, and the bigger they get, the more crap I carry around in them. Every 6 months or so I have to reset and go back to using one that will barely hold just a wallet, phone and keys.

I do that exact same thing. Right now I'm using a bag that is probably the size of an 8X10 notebook, and I can fit quite a lot in. I've actually been proud of myself for not going bigger than this, because I've seen some amazing hobo bags that I could probably fit my child into. I have my small purses hung up, waiting for me to get sick of digging. :wink:

My colleague has a shopping addiction, that IMHO is a problem. Everything she wears is designer and she will easily drop $900 on a pair of boots, $1300 on a jacket (I will admit the jacket was nice, it was this vibrant red Burberry), she has bags, watches, sunglasses - all designer (not the knock offs). She once told me she bought a new bag that was on sale and was a steal of a deal. She spent $5000!!! Apparently the regular price was $9000!!!

She just got back from a vacation and the airline lost her luggage and she lost half of her clothes (the other half was in her carry-on) but her husband lost all of his. She told me she was going to buy him some cheap $40 shirts from Zara and he complained that they didn't fit as good as his Burberry shirts. but she lost thousands just on clothes!

First, we make the same amount of money and I don't understand or comprehend how she, or anyone can spend that much.
    Second, her son, who is still a toddler, has physical disabilities and will require help for the rest of his life.

I don't get it. I just don't get it. It seems like such a waste.

Wow! That is insane. Never ever ever. I have maybe 10 bags, and none of them cost that much. Even if I was rich, I don't think I would I spend $5,000 on a bag. How can a bag be worth that much?!?
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My confession for today:

I really, really, really, really, really love bread. That is all.

It's always at the top of my list, right up there with cheese! :) My favorite is a crusty French bread or Italian ciabatta, both with butter. I could seriously eat an entire loaf which is why I basically save it as a treat and stick with reasonable amounts of light rye or multigrain thins for sandwiches. Mmm....bread....*drool*
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I had been craving a chocolate chip cookie, right? So I couldn't take it anymore and went to the store and bought a package of Pepperidge Farm cookies, which I haven't dared doing for 2.5 years...

Now I remember why. I did stop at 3, I guess, which is better than the whole bag. Still going to end up over today... but I'm glad I got my cravings out of the way (but yeah, a chocolate almond croissant and 3 cookies in one day wasn't the best choice, I'll give you that).

At least if I manage to stick to my goal tomorrow I'll be at maintenance for the week at least.

My weakness are their white chocolate macadamia cookies. Yeah, I could definitely eat an entire bag no problem.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.
    Shark week seems a little harsh to me.

I saw someone somewhere say that "the communists are in the funhouse", and I couldn't stop laughing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My confession for today:

It's always at the top of my list, right up there with cheese! :) My favorite is a crusty French bread or Italian ciabatta, both with butter. I could seriously eat an entire loaf which is why I basically save it as a treat and stick with reasonable amounts of light rye or multigrain thins for sandwiches. Mmm....bread....*drool*
    So I had been craving a chocolate chip cookie, right? So I couldn't take it anymore and went to the store and bought a package of Pepperidge Farm cookies, which I haven't dared doing for 2.5 years...

Now I remember why. I did stop at 3, I guess, which is better than the whole bag. Still going to end up over today... but I'm glad I got my cravings out of the way (but yeah, a chocolate almond croissant and 3 cookies in one day wasn't the best choice, I'll give you that).

At least if I manage to stick to my goal tomorrow I'll be at maintenance for the week at least.

My weakness are their white chocolate macadamia cookies. Yeah, I could definitely eat an entire bag no problem.

I'm quite sure I've eaten a whole bag or two of those in the past.

And bread? Yeah, it always does me in at restaurants. Just love a good French or Italian bread, and don't get me started on that brown bread at the Cheesecake Factory... or the Texas Roadhouse rolls.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Last night I came home from work and was super sad that my degu was not here to greet me. Usually when I walked in the door he would start squeaking and jumping up along the side of the cage looking for me to take him out and pet him for a bit. Then he would usually snuggle into my arm or on my lap for lovins, just like in my photo I posted of him on my lap.

Then I went to bed, and there is a big huge empty space in my bedroom where his cage used to go.

My confession is that then I got so sad, I had a binge, IN BED.....I ate nearly an entire large bag of chips, two apple turnovers, two chocolate bars, and some candy and nuts.....and guess what, when I was done, I WAS STILL SAD.

Well, time to dust myself off and start again.....

I usually log my food six days a week, as I feel I need a day off or I get sick of it and stop altogether....I did not log the last two days, just because I felt too blah to do anything. I am gonna make sure I log and stay under my calorie goal this week, as next weekend is ribfest so I will want to indulge there in some meat and funnel cake, lol, and take my day off logging then.

I just want to thank everyone again for the kind words, I am 100% confident I did the right thing. I trust my vet 100% and know she would have told me if he had any chance, and the last thing I would want is for him to suffer. I just miss him because he was so interactive with me. He literally spent more time with me in a day than my cat does.....

I have been trying to decide what to do next. I have his cage put away in my daughter's room so I didn't have to look at it for a couple days while she was up at her boyfriends place. She is on her way home now though, and will have to bring it back out. I have been thinking about if I want another caged pet or not. I would love to have more degu, but they are really hard to take care of, I found I was always worried about him. I thought about a bunny or a ferret too, but do not really know yet. I also might not get another animal at all and just get rid of the cage. It is a giant two level cage on wheels, big enough for a large animal, my degu lived like a king, lol.

Anyone here have any experience with bunnies or ferrets? I hear they both can smell bad.......

That is really hard. So sad. I'm sorry.

My husband's roommate had a bunny when I first met him. He was adorable, and I never smelled anything from his cage (in the living room)when I visited. I think ferrets do have a strong smell though. They sure are cute.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My best friend in college had a bunny. He was adorable, was litter trained, slept in his cage but otherwise was free to roam in her room... the problem is that pretty much EVERYTHING up to 1.5 foot from the ground was pretty much destroyed. Honestly I'm not sure I could deal with that, and I can't imagine keeping one in a small cage all the time.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    My confession for today:

I'm quite sure I've eaten a whole bag or two of those in the past.

And bread? Yeah, it always does me in at restaurants. Just love a good French or Italian bread, and don't get me started on that brown bread at the Cheesecake Factory... or the Texas Roadhouse rolls.

Oh man. Italian bread is my jam. I can eat a whole loaf with butter and garlic if I let myself. Good thing my kids like it too and attack it before I can eat it all.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.

I pretty much just say I jave my period. I had a friend who called it her little friend which I always thought was weird to me it is an enemy. Time of month makes sense to me too. Shark week is weird.

I can see that making sense if you don't want to be pregnant. Then it would probably be your bestest friend in the whole wide world.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

I pretty much just say I jave my period. I had a friend who called it her little friend which I always thought was weird to me it is an enemy. Time of month makes sense to me too. Shark week is weird.

My mom used to call it the "visitor", which bothered me for some reason. I usually call it Aunt Flo or that time of month.

I weighed myself again today, and the scale says I've lost like 2lbs since yesterday. It said 197.6 yesterday and I just weighed and it said 195.2. May just be water weight, but I'll take it! :laugh:

Is it bad that I weigh myself daily? It's pretty much the only way I stay focused on this. Lol.

I weigh myself daily too. I find it helps that I see the scale going bananas all the time instead of once a week. It helps me realize that it is normal and no, I haven't gained 9 lbs in a week because I had that one hard candy that time.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I can see that making sense if you don't want to be pregnant. Then it would probably be your bestest friend in the whole wide world.
    Too true. I welcomed my little friend with open arms and cake when she arrived several days late a couple of months ago!
    (I'm 47 and my youngest child is 14!)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen we have a triple crown winner. Amazing.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

My mom used to call it the "visitor", which bothered me for some reason. I usually call it Aunt Flo or that time of month.

I weighed myself again today, and the scale says I've lost like 2lbs since yesterday. It said 197.6 yesterday and I just weighed and it said 195.2. May just be water weight, but I'll take it! :laugh:

Is it bad that I weigh myself daily? It's pretty much the only way I stay focused on this. Lol.
    Great loss!
    I don't know if it's bad, but I weigh myself ALL the time. Pretty much any time I find myself naked in the bathroom. First thing in the morning - weigh, shower after a run - weigh, getting ready for bed - weigh. I actually like to watch the fluctuations - this way I know I'm always at least 2lbs heavier at night than I am in the morning. I also know when I'm retaining water due to sodium from the day before (hopefully that's why I'm up a pound today).

I weigh myself everyday too. I can weigh as much as five pounds more at night versus first thing in the morning.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have just spent ages catching up because I wasn't around much yesterday.

@pofoster21 congratulations on reaching goal!!

@noaddedsugarx sorry to hear about your grandmother's fall. It sounds like you do an awful lot for her, you should be proud of yourself and definitely not be blaming yourself.

@orangesmartie sorry about the gift thing, it must be very difficult not to take that personally. I agree with whoever said you should talk about it. You previously said you all have to be very open about things and tend to raise any issues, so you should.

I used to have rabbits when I was younger, wanted one at uni, but didn't really have the space and got guinea pigs instead and I'm a total convert. Those little things have so much personality, I've had four and each was a total individual, and they greet you as you said your degu does. And they chatter away. So cute!

My confession is tonight I ate all the crisps. And I don't regret it at all. Went for a 10 mile walk earlier.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Last night I came home from work and was super sad that my degu was not here to greet me. Usually when I walked in the door he would start squeaking and jumping up along the side of the cage looking for me to take him out and pet him for a bit. Then he would usually snuggle into my arm or on my lap for lovins, just like in my photo I posted of him on my lap.

Then I went to bed, and there is a big huge empty space in my bedroom where his cage used to go.

My confession is that then I got so sad, I had a binge, IN BED.....I ate nearly an entire large bag of chips, two apple turnovers, two chocolate bars, and some candy and nuts.....and guess what, when I was done, I WAS STILL SAD.

Well, time to dust myself off and start again.....

I usually log my food six days a week, as I feel I need a day off or I get sick of it and stop altogether....I did not log the last two days, just because I felt too blah to do anything. I am gonna make sure I log and stay under my calorie goal this week, as next weekend is ribfest so I will want to indulge there in some meat and funnel cake, lol, and take my day off logging then.

I just want to thank everyone again for the kind words, I am 100% confident I did the right thing. I trust my vet 100% and know she would have told me if he had any chance, and the last thing I would want is for him to suffer. I just miss him because he was so interactive with me. He literally spent more time with me in a day than my cat does.....

I have been trying to decide what to do next. I have his cage put away in my daughter's room so I didn't have to look at it for a couple days while she was up at her boyfriends place. She is on her way home now though, and will have to bring it back out. I have been thinking about if I want another caged pet or not. I would love to have more degu, but they are really hard to take care of, I found I was always worried about him. I thought about a bunny or a ferret too, but do not really know yet. I also might not get another animal at all and just get rid of the cage. It is a giant two level cage on wheels, big enough for a large animal, my degu lived like a king, lol.

Anyone here have any experience with bunnies or ferrets? I hear they both can smell bad.......

Sorry! I can only imagine how hard this has been for you! I had the cutest lop eared black and white bunny when i was in high school. She was awesome! She would jump up in the air, do a flip, and take off hopping. The bad part was she would poop everytime she took off and the cage was too much for a 15 year old. Ended up giving her away to a really good home. Her name was Alex.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    And I <3 the moose video!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You do not suck. You are awesome! Tomorrow is another day!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm so very behind on this thread. 17 pages.

Since only one of the 4 swimsuits my husband bought worked out, he ordered 3 more a couple days ago. I have decided that I'm going to start tanning so I can have some color for our trip. Hopefully, I can at least have a decent base before we go.

We haven't seen or heard from my stepdaughter since Memorial Day. If anyone is keeping track, that's almost 2 weeks. I'm going to message her tonight or tomorrow if she doesn't bother showing up. I'm done with her *kitten* and I'm done being taken advantage of.

Uh, that's not good. I was wondering what the status was with that. Who will be taking care of her cat and your house while you're on vacation? You weren't relying on HER to do it, obviously.

I've been meaning to ask about her but didn't want to bring you down @MoHousdon because you've been so excited about your trip.

You're so sweet! That's mainly why I haven't said anything about it I just wanna focus all my energy on our trip. My husband said he was going to contact her. I hope he does.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm pretty much drinking my supper tonight. :(

• kellienw335
    Options
    louindared wrote: »
    Not sure if this qualifies as a confession. I have been a yo-yo dieter for years (10lbs off - 10lbs on - 12lbs off - 13lbs on.....you know he senario) but this year I am heading into my fifties. On January 1st I made a decision to lose weight once & for all. I quickly hit the ever ready binge days & cravings ut i cme up wih an idea hat has kept me on the straight and narrow & am now 30lbs lighter & a lot happier.
    So my secret is I have a book & when I feel urges or cravings I have a conversation with myself & it works....it goes something like this.....
    Me : "Hi book, I feel like I need some ice cream & chocolate...feeling sad."
    Book : "Hi, If you go ahead & have the ice cream & chocolate will it make you feel better?"
    Me : "Yes it will."
    Book : "For how long?"
    Me : "I'm no sure but it will taste so good."
    Book : "And twenty minutes after you have eaten the ice cream & the chocolate will your sadness still be there or will you have found a fantastic discovery for sadness."
    Me : "I suppose I'll still have he sadness."
    Book : "And how much sadder will you feel tomorrow knowing what you've just eaten?"
    Me : "Ok, ok I get it but I still have that craving."
    Book : "So lets think of a healthy alternative to the ice cream & chocolate or let's find something else to do for a little while to see if the craving disappears.....you can also read this section a few times to really understand how sad the ice cream & chocolate will make you feel tomorrow.....so what alternatives shall we look at?"

..........and the conversation goes on until my craving has gone & sometimes I just go in & read extracts from previous days & this really does keep me on track.....The only person I cheat when I cheat is myself.

Mad as a hatter I know but that's my confession

Sorry, but this made me laugh. Not judgement! Do whatever works for you, and if this works then go with it! I think this confession may help some people!