Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Soooo so busy at work this week. I check this thread and it said 999 new. Just gotta cut my losses, again.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm starting to get annoyed with eating my two snacks at work. I'd rather ignore the hunger and headaches than eat.

I also have to send my mother a photo of every meal so she knows I'm eating. Though she has asked me twice if I'm lying to her about whether or not I actually eat it. (I do eat my food, btw).

Is the actual food you dislike? The interruption to your work day? Or eating period? I know you are struggling with this so I'm just wondering what specifically the issue is so that maybe we can offer some help. Maybe just drink 2 quick protein drinks in place of those 2 snacks? Quick, easy, yet nourishing.

Remember, you just reached your new PR - the better you take care of yourself the sooner you'll reach your next one!

The only thing about the food that annoys me is I have yet to find something that takes the edge off of the hunger for longer than 20 minutes after I eat it. I'd rather eat nothing than eat something only to be hungry again almost immediately.

But as it stands today, I had a meltdown in front of my dad about how I pretty much can't even say I'm skirting along the edge of an eating disorder, and that I'm in fact beginning to just lose. I skipped dinner last night on purpose (which when my mom found out she was pretty devastated) and I'm just starting to feel apathetic about eating at all. I'm also pissed and sad because I found myself in this place and can't quite seem to climb back out.

I am going to make an appointment with their GP so at least I'll have a doctor (mine up and left for 'personal reasons' and I just never found another).

I also ended up going to urgent care tonight. I may have my first UTI or a kidney infection. I'm on antibiotics and will find out in a few days what my cultures were.

And @Italian_Buju, I'm a few pages behind, but I'm so sorry about your degu. :disappointed: I kept secretly hoping he'd bounce back. My cat did that when she was 18, looked like she was about to pass, but perked back up until her kidneys finally gave out at 19.

I'll be thinking of you! :heart:

Well, definitely UP your water intake! Hopefully whatever infection you have clears quickly. Depending on what types of foods you like and currently eat, I'd suggest nuts or a slice or two of cheese or cottage cheese, maybe? Those things tend to be filling. Fat and protein is the key for me.

I'm glad you're going to a new doctor. I hope they can help. As far as being apathetic towards food and eating, I can relate. I eat for fuel. I don't get excited about food and sometimes I'd rather not eat then go through the trouble of making something for myself. Lazy. But, I know I really like my weight lifting routine and the current progress I've made on the step mill, so I make sure I eat anyway so that I have fuel and energy.

Keep us posted as to how you are and what the doctor says!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I confess that I went to Giant & Target today to see if they had any of the new food I saw on www.theimpulsivebuy.com those enablers. Giant still doesn't have Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake but I did find some new yogurts to try & bought three packages of Barber Foods Apple & Creme Brie Stuffed Chicken breasts (those are freaking amazing)!

At Target I was on the lookout for some new food items but struck out there too. I really wanted to find their Cookie Spread ice cream or even their Cinnamon ice cream that comes in a pint & the Auntie Anne's frozen pockets that resemble a Hot Pocket. It wasn't a total bust since I found a few Evol frozen entrees to try, their Monster Cookie Dough ice cream, & a lot of cheap candy bars & Skinny Cow candy that was reduced to get rid of. I was also excited to finally find a pair of gingham short on sale!

you need to try the Lemoncello Chiffon Ice Cream at Giant!! on top of the sweet creamy lemony goodness it has chunks of cheesecake, and graham cracker crust swirls. *swoon*

i'm so sad that it's only for a limited time.

I don't know what exactly Giant is, but I am p!ssed there isn't one here!

AAANNNDDDDDD....I'm finally caught up. Whew.

it's a grocery store chain in Pennsylvania. it's also in Virginia, but it's called Martin's there. not sure if they've made it to any other states.

i'm trying to figure out how to finagle my freezer so i can stock up on the ice cream (and i'm not really even a big ice cream person, but this is just heavenly!). right now it's totally packed. planning must be done!

Giant is in Maryland and DC too. And Safeway is definitely a different chain here.

Last night at Safeway we found ice cream that had brownie pieces, cookie dough and oreos in it. Almost like Ben & Jerry's Half Baked + Oreos, except no chocolate ice cream base, just vanilla - and in a way larger container! I didn't have enough calories to eat any last night, so I didn't let my fiance have any either. I knew that once the seal was broken I'd end up eating a giant bowl of it.

How is your snowy white fur baby? He wasn't feeling well, right? I may have missed the update, though.

Awww, thanks for asking! He is improving slowly but steadily. His stomach is still a bit unsettled, so he's on a rice and cottage cheese mixed with dog food diet until that goes away, but he seems to be feeling so much better. He's playful and happy-go-lucky again, and he's no longer taking any crap from the cats when they try to chase him out of a room or steal his food!

For the first time in a few days he spent my entire workout this morning bringing me toys to try to get me to play with him - I kept kicking them out of the way, but I felt like my life was in danger while trying to do burpees! Luckily most of them were stuffed toys, and I only stabbed myself once on a chew toy.

I know that he's getting older (he's 7) and will continue to slow down, but it's really really fun to see him when he's in a good mood and ready to play!

Aww. Yay!

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Weighed myself on Wednesday, 198 lbs even, weighed myself just a few minutes ago, 197.6! Progress, people, this is progress! I know it's probably just water weight, but the numbers are finally going down again dammit! :smiley::blush::joy:

Yay!!

Every step is progress! I love watching my graph go down on MFP. .1 lb at a time...

Yes! And thank you! Oh, I'm so happy right now, and super motivated! :smiley:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself on Wednesday, 198 lbs even, weighed myself just a few minutes ago, 197.6! Progress, people, this is progress! I know it's probably just water weight, but the numbers are finally going down again dammit! :smiley::blush::joy:

Yay!!

Thank you!! :smiley:
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Before I start catching up I have a rant/confession. I hate hate HATE people who leave the queue and then expect to go back in the same place. I could just be a British thing, but I'm sorry, you left the queue, you go to the back! I was queuing up at reception to go the the gym at lunch and some lady came back and was like "Oh I just dropped my son off at the nursery I was here." Well Sh_t, the other day I realised whist in the queue that I left my hairband in the car, did that mean I could push back in when I got back? NO. I went to the back of the queue.
    But of course I just smiled and moved back, because I prefer to bottle up my anger and spew it back up all over the internet.

Rant over. Happy Friday everyone!

I don't know if it makes you feel any better, worse or neutral, but that sounds like a really British thing to do. So at least you're not alone?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

2b49d95d4a582cb4aa274d21aac855b4.jpg

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.

Is is funny b/c it is so true!!

I also hate (and I am not sure if I have posted this here or in the "Things That Make You Irrationally Angry" thread when there are multiple open stalls and you give yourself some space and someone take the stall right beside you. Okay, this just downright pisses me of when people do this.

Me too! Seriously there are five other stalls open down the line and you take the one right next me? Okay creep-o...

Ugh! Happens all the time at work! I hate it!

I just remembered a study that I heard about in 1st or 2nd year psych about bathroom stall selection... assuming availability of empty stalls, introverts will tend to choose stalls at the ends whereas extroverts will choose stalls in the middle.
    See, now elsewhere in this forum I'd immediately be taken to task for not providing peer-reviewed citations to back that up, and someone would dig up (and post links to) a dozen studies refuting the findings of the original one, and here I can just toss it out there as an amusing little tidbit of trivia.

and when i read that i think dude! i stick to the ends! this makes sense!!

i was in one of those snarky threads where they were jumping all over this dude for saying he read something in an article, but then couldn't produce it to prove what he said was true and then the mob took over to "prove him wrong." i x'd outta that one pretty fast, but it made me absolutely terrified to post anything.

I'm definitely extroverted and I prefer the stalls on the end!

Outlier! :*

I heard about that study circa 1983ish and it always gives me a chuckle when I'm in a public bathroom and find myself automatically heading for the end stalls. Extreme introvert here.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    tigerThea wrote: »
    OMG! I finally made it to the end. I have spent a month trying to catch up in time and I've done it! I'm inordinately proud of this. First I promised myself I'd read 'em all before posting...I have rejoiced and cried and been angry and perplexed with everyone else. I have shared the pinecone diet, two spoons of hot chocolate and other items with random family members...while none of you know me yet I feel like part of the family already.
    Confession 1: for the past week or ten days I have not recorded my food because I did not want to lose my place in this thread.
    Confession 2: in the past I was all about the gym and loved it. Now I'm trying to master the food and hope to get off my lazy butt soon and join a gym again. I have many pounds to lose so I need to change in ways I can stick to for life.
    Confession 3: I'm unemployed by choice because of a bad work situation and a blessing in the form of my sister. More on this another time.
    Confession 4: I may have to rejoin the world now that I'm caught up.

Oh...this may be attached to a post or thirty since my iPad kept deciding to reply before I was ready...sorry.

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • Kalici
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    it's national donut day!
    in honor of this sacred day, dunkin is giving out a free donut with the purchase of any beverage.
    never forget ;)

But FYI Krispy Kreme is giving 1 donut to each customer for free without purchasing anything else today.

Why not both? ;)

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Lost track of who's lost weight, but there are a bunch of you so CONGRATULATIONS!

• Kalici
    Options
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.

I also hate (and I am not sure if I have posted this here or in the "Things That Make You Irrationally Angry" thread when there are multiple open stalls and you give yourself some space and someone take the stall right beside you. Okay, this just downright pisses me of when people do this.

Me too! Seriously there are five other stalls open down the line and you take the one right next me? Okay creep-o...

I have been guilty of doing this on occasion, but in my defense the other stalls were disgusting and I couldn't stomach going in there.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Confession: Honestly, I'm not happy with the thread being stickied. We'll very likely get an influx of sarcastic, unkind, or snarky people ruining our nice thread mojo. *sniffle* :'(

Call me jaded, but that was my first thought too.
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    What value does this thread bring to General Diet and Weight Loss Help that warrants a sticky status? If page count is a factor, there are plenty of "who wants to see who naked" discussions in Chit Chat that are probably more worthy than this.
    Ok, serious answer, after thinking about it a little. Honestly, I believe this thread alone has kept a bunch of us here on MFP - people who may have wandered off, lost their motivation, felt intimidated to ask questions, or unsupported elsewhere. If one person improves their health and wellness by being part of this thread, then, yes, it warrants sticky status.

I have no problem with the existence of this thread. I just stand by the belief that suggested reading (ie, stickies), should be educational and pertain to the topic of the forum. As far as fun items to give people a reason to return to the site, that's what Chit Chat is for. But that's just me, don't let me rain on your parade. Obviously this thread is popular, just not informative.

"Informative" is a matter of opinion. I, for one, feel VERY "informed" when Pancake announces that he has to pee or we get health updates on various pets.

I now know 100% more about the Muslim religion than I knew a week ago. And this is a good thing.

I've learned a bunch of terms for unusual phobias.

I know how many more exotic varieties of Pop Tarts and peanut butter and breakfast cereal exist in countries other than Canada.

Knowledge is good. :)

Sure, informative is a matter of opinion. And I also agree that knowledge is good, I seek out lots of it! I simply fail to see the value of directing members, often times who are new, who are seeking information and knowledge about General Diet and Weight Loss (the purpose of this particular sub-forum) to this particular thread. And thank you for making my point with examples of non-diet/weight loss things your learned from this thread.

It was tongue in cheek, as I'm sure you realized. Although I do think Pop Tarts and peanut butter and cereal fall into the diet category.

There have been hundreds of diet/fitness/weight loss questions and tips posted throughout this thread, you just have to wade through 783 pages to find them. Several of us have learned a rather effective upper body workout right here.

A few effective tips, among 783 pages, warranting a status of a helpful thread. Got it.

For the sake of ceasing to derail the purpose of THIS particular thread. I confess to having 3 IPAs last night, BEFORE hitting the weights.

Well, hello, Snarkmeister...

Listen, we aren't suddenly convening before some sort of MFP Supreme Court (and you aren't some sort of Chief Judge (though you do appear to be embracing a role akin to that of a Prosecuting Attorney)), and we don't suddenly need to justify the actions of someone (let alone, someone who has nothing to do with this thread!) doing something we never requested in the first place (and, frankly, involves a reality some of us don't *want*) -- and so we shouldn't be expected to have you or anyone else 'set up kleig lights', and expect us to 'subject ourselves to interrogation' (as though you were some sort of self-appointed attorney, judge, and jury... or some such entity hellbent on seeing a perceived form of 'justice' done)...

If you don't want to participate in the thread, then please, by all means, move on...! -- that is, unless you need to rant about something (other than 'this', or 'us', that is), in which case you are welcome to rant away...!

The world has enough people p*ssing on others -- there's no need to add to *that* 'status quo' (which, not-so-ironically, is part of what this thread is about -- assisting, being helpful, not judging, etc.)...

(...and yeah, my not sprinkling your sudden sarcasm-laced insults with 'rose petals' is not exactly representative of 'this thread'... however, it is a rare thing for rudeness to 'swoop in' on this thread... and I can't stand behavior that reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker -- Mean People Suck...)

Hi there aggressive one! I have no desire to see this thread removed, pretty sure I made that clear. But I stand by what I believe to be a valid point regarding MFP choosing this as a helpful thread within the context of the sub forum in which it exists. Not attacking the participants of this thread, not the purpose of this thread, simply stating that it's purpose isn't necessarily on point with the purpose of why a thread should be a sticky. Sorry you have such a personal attachment and felt offended as a result, but I prefer logic over emotion.

she's not agressive, she's being honest.
    if you're struggling so much with the purpose of this thread, and can't see how it might help newbies who are normally ripped apart for the most simplest of questions elsewhere, that's on you, not us.

There's no struggle, the purpose of this thread is not currently related to General Diet and Weight Loss. Again, I have not said it serves no purpose, it just doesn't serve the purpose of this sub forum to the point of being a sticky. New members should have a central location, supported by MFP, to find valuable info to assist them in gaining the knowledge requires to successfully navigate through the contention that occurs in the forums. There are no questions in here that are being clarified, so I don't follow your argument of it being a safe haven for newbies. Is this designed to educate? I don't see it if it is. If you have a rational argument as to what this brings to newbies as far as helping them reach their fitness or weight goals, I'm all ears, but don't chastise me for making a valid comment that none have been able to debate within the context of my point.

How to deal with alcohol in relation to eating and overeating
    How to deal with alcohol addiction and its impact on health and weight

ok, so speaking of which, my totally honest check-in...
    my original goal was monday through thursday sober.
    i didn't make it for the four full days. but i did make it for three.
    and given that prior to this my last sober day was 29 days ago, i'm ok with where i'm at.
    i'll start again monday and try to get to thursday. it's a constant work in progress.
    but i'll keep trying...

That's great! Any progress counts!
  • tigerThea
    tigerThea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good tip on keeping tab open. If I'd used my real brain and not my excuse brain I may have come up with that. Lol, thanks.

Just recorded for the past week, I know it's not perfect, but I did have some notes to go off of. I'm a total dweeb and proud of it.
  • Kalici
    Options

I just remembered a study that I heard about in 1st or 2nd year psych about bathroom stall selection... assuming availability of empty stalls, introverts will tend to choose stalls at the ends whereas extroverts will choose stalls in the middle.

See, now elsewhere in this forum I'd immediately be taken to task for not providing peer-reviewed citations to back that up, and someone would dig up (and post links to) a dozen studies refuting the findings of the original one, and here I can just toss it out there as an amusing little tidbit of trivia.

Anecdotal I know, but I am an introvert and given my choice I will choose the one at the far end away from the door.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    This is when I wave the white flag and admit there is no way I can keep up with y'all. I take off for less than 24 hours and I'm 700 posts behind and you're probably talking about something interesting like area rugs in Bilbo Baggins' Bag End house (and why they are boring) and I can't even imagine trying to keep pace. So what's new? I got the Usually Lovely Lady Nuffer to join MFP last week but I haven't yet showed her the forums because I'd be embarrassed that she saw I made it to page seven hundred and sixty mumble and that would thoroughly explain why the laundry is not folded.

LOL! Glad you got her to join! Wish I could talk my husband into it!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    tigerThea wrote: »
    OMG! I finally made it to the end. I have spent a month trying to catch up in time and I've done it! I'm inordinately proud of this. First I promised myself I'd read 'em all before posting...I have rejoiced and cried and been angry and perplexed with everyone else. I have shared the pinecone diet, two spoons of hot chocolate and other items with random family members...while none of you know me yet I feel like part of the family already.
    Confession 1: for the past week or ten days I have not recorded my food because I did not want to lose my place in this thread.
    Confession 2: in the past I was all about the gym and loved it. Now I'm trying to master the food and hope to get off my lazy butt soon and join a gym again. I have many pounds to lose so I need to change in ways I can stick to for life.
    Confession 3: I'm unemployed by choice because of a bad work situation and a blessing in the form of my sister. More on this another time.
    Confession 4: I may have to rejoin the world now that I'm caught up.

Oh...this may be attached to a post or thirty since my iPad kept deciding to reply before I was ready...sorry.

Good for you for reading through all that mess! I'm 95% sure I would NOT have caught up had I not been around for the beginning. Ha!

Confession: Due to a disfunctional instrument, I will likely have to pop in at work briefly once or twice this weekend. I am using this as an excuse to leave earlier than usual. Salaried, yo.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

My confession today is I logged my coffee and then quick added calories for the rest of the day.

I'm taking my birthday off from counting. But I reached my first mini goal of 20 lbs gone by today.

22.4 as of this morning.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!
  • Kalici
    Options

and when i read that i think dude! i stick to the ends! this makes sense!!

i was in one of those snarky threads where they were jumping all over this dude for saying he read something in an article, but then couldn't produce it to prove what he said was true and then the mob took over to "prove him wrong." i x'd outta that one pretty fast, but it made me absolutely terrified to post anything.

I'm definitely extroverted and I prefer the stalls on the end!

I do too. I also remember reading somewhere that the first stall is usually the cleanest because people tend to bypass that one in favor of one farther from the door. And no, I don't have sources to cite so back offa me!

That makes sense. Damn it, now I am going to war with myself over feeling safer in the farthest stall or making my germaphobe side happy by being in the closest.

• tigerThea
    tigerThea Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I'm definitely extroverted and I prefer the stalls on the end![/quote]

I do too. I also remember reading somewhere that the first stall is usually the cleanest because people tend to bypass that one in favor of one farther from the door. And no, I don't have sources to cite so back offa me![/quote]

I'm positive it's completely true, I saw it on Mythbusters.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I'm so very behind on this thread. 17 pages.

Since only one of the 4 swimsuits my husband bought worked out, he ordered 3 more a couple days ago. I have decided that I'm going to start tanning so I can have some color for our trip. Hopefully, I can at least have a decent base before we go.

We haven't seen or heard from my stepdaughter since Memorial Day. If anyone is keeping track, that's almost 2 weeks. I'm going to message her tonight or tomorrow if she doesn't bother showing up. I'm done with her *kitten* and I'm done being taken advantage of.