Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Angry at myself today. Was so hungry all day yesterday which doesn't happen as nearly as often as it used to. I knew that supper was going to be delicious as I had put a rib roast in the slow cooker before I went to work. Got home whipped up some potato's made some gravy and voila supper at last. I then proceeded to spend the whole time I was eating on my MFP calculating calories that I forgot to enjoy the meal!

Ugh! I log in advance so I just have to adjust the quantities, which takes 30 seconds... and always before I actually eat.

Ugg is right lol. Usually I do put everything in prior to eating but you have ever have on of those days. That was yesterday! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Angry at myself today. Was so hungry all day yesterday which doesn't happen as nearly as often as it used to. I knew that supper was going to be delicious as I had put a rib roast in the slow cooker before I went to work. Got home whipped up some potato's made some gravy and voila supper at last. I then proceeded to spend the whole time I was eating on my MFP calculating calories that I forgot to enjoy the meal!

Ugh! I log in advance so I just have to adjust the quantities, which takes 30 seconds... and always before I actually eat.

Ugg is right lol. Usually I do put everything in prior to eating but you have ever have on of those days. That was yesterday! :)

I remember at Christmas my husband got me some Lindt truffles... I didn't even enjoy them because I was busy taking care of the kids stuff. Big regrets there.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Holy crap I go away for the morning and come back to 7 pages! I can't handle it :(

I'm going camping for the weekend. I doubt I'll ever catch up.

Also, I'm kinda stressing out over the fact there may be no cell service and I'll lost my log-in streak. I'm at 487 days and I want to make 500, dangit!

Ahh, you just gave me something new to worry about. I'm going camping in August for a few days and I never thought of this. :( I know I won't have service. I took my phone last year and was only able to use it to take pictures.

Let us know if you were able to keep the logging streak or not...
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

And don't let anyone fool you by this "It's just dry heat" BS. Sure, there is no sweaty humid feeling, but when it's 115 degrees outside you FEEL 115 degrees. But, enjoy your trip!

115 degrees?!?! Holy hell, it's in the 80s here in SC and I'm already struggling!! *Makes mental note to avoid Southwestern US in summer time* :astonished:

Didn't realize you were in SC too! I'm in Columbia.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I greatly prefer being too cold than being too hot.

I just dread summer man.
    At least if you're cold you can add more layers. When it's hot there's only so much you can take off!
    Exactly, it's so easy to be miserable even if you were to take off everything:disappointed:

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    I actually like hot weather :) summer in Chicago never lasts long enough.

I spent most of last August in Alabama, and that gave me a new respect for southerners. I almost passed out trying to get in my vehicle.
  • blueoceanfloor
    blueoceanfloor Posts: 6 Member
    Sometimes when I'm full but I want to keep eating (I do this mostly at restaurants) I will destroy my food so I can't eat it. Like I'll put something I hate all over it (if someone has a pickle in their meal I'll put pickle juice all over what I'm eating cause I hate pickles) or I'll pour some water on it to make it soggy or dump a *kitten* ton of ketchup on there just so I'll stop eating.
    Like I have to gross myself out to get myself to stop sometimes. It's so bad.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    It gets hot and humid here in the summer (Nashville). It seems like the further south you go, the colder they run the AC inside businesses, though. I can not go to a restaurant in the summertime without a heavy jacket. It's almost 90 degrees outside today, and I'm wearing a jacket in the office. Why must they keep it SO COLD?

An FYI I was reading earlier this AM was that your body burns brown fat to stay warm at cooler temperatures so tough it out for the sake of weight loss! (with that said, I understand being cold is miserable)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It gets hot and humid here in the summer (Nashville). It seems like the further south you go, the colder they run the AC inside businesses, though. I can not go to a restaurant in the summertime without a heavy jacket. It's almost 90 degrees outside today, and I'm wearing a jacket in the office. Why must they keep it SO COLD?

An FYI I was reading earlier this AM was that your body burns brown fat to stay warm at cooler temperatures so tough it out for the sake of weight loss! (with that said, I understand being cold is miserable)

Hm. Interesting.
    I wish my body would burn the fat off my arms to stay warm. LOL
  • m1xm0d3
    81Katz wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

And don't let anyone fool you by this "It's just dry heat" BS. Sure, there is no sweaty humid feeling, but when it's 115 degrees outside you FEEL 115 degrees. But, enjoy your trip!

115 degrees?!?! Holy hell, it's in the 80s here in SC and I'm already struggling!! *Makes mental note to avoid Southwestern US in summer time* :astonished:

It's been mid 80's all week here in Richmond, VA. I like it but I could use some more 65-75 degree days before it becomes hell on earth.
  • m1xm0d3

I just dread summer man.

At least if you're cold you can add more layers. When it's hot there's only so much you can take off!

Haha yup! That's what I used to tell my ex when she jacked the thermostat up to 75-76 degrees and I am sweating in a tank top.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Neither have I.

I saw them at my store once and my first thought was "Oh my god. That's disgusting. Who would eat a ketchup flavored chip"
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member

Neither have I.

I saw them at my store once and my first thought was "Oh my god. That's disgusting. Who would eat a ketchup flavored chip"

I had hot dog flavored chips before, in Kenya. They were... Interesting...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member

Neither have I.

Bad Canadian checking in to say that ketchup chips are probably the most popular flavour here - if you're at a party, whether you're five or fifty years old, if there are chips there they are probably ketchup - but I think they're gross.

All-Dressed and Dill Pickle, on the other hand, are delicious and I think also mainly in Canada.

I also don't like Tim Hortons, "Canadian" pizza (which always has back bacon and mushroom), Montreal smoked meat, or Molson beer, but somehow or other they've let me keep my citizenship.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    The only out there variety of chips I've had were chocolate covered Lays, pretty good tbh.

I really want to buy some Cheetos and mix em with Nutella.
  • rungirl1973
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

I just dread summer man.

Haha yup! That's what I used to tell my ex when she jacked the thermostat up to 75-76 degrees and I am sweating in a tank top.

Yeah well, I sleep naked. If it's cold in the house, I wear clothes to bed. Our thermostats are on a timer. Husband makes sure it doesn't go to 65 until after we're in bed.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited May 2015

If that OP is genuine, I really feel for her.

I'd never say it anywhere except in here, but I was one of those people who ate 3,000 - 4,000 calories a day and never gained weight. And I was eating total crap (which I define as sub-optimum nutrition foods) like half a bag of cookies, a couple of chocolate bars, a few hundred grams of jelly beans -- definitely not snacking on nice healthy low-cal fruits and veggies. Nor was I active, beyond walking the dogs every day, or burning off calories by "fidgeting" (which I've seen suggested around here)... the most fidgety thing I do is pick my cuticles, for crying out loud.

Seriously, would I need to log and weigh my food to know that an entire box of Kraft Dinner was a meal for four people, not one?

Couldn't gain weight to save my life.

Now my genetics are biting me in the as$ however, as I also struggle immensely to gain muscle.

eta: spelling
  • rungirl1973
    ythannah wrote: »

I'd never say it anywhere except in here, but I was one of those people who ate 3,000 - 4,000 calories a day and never gained weight. And I was eating total crap (which I define as sub-optimum nutrition foods) like half a bag of cookies, a couple of chocolate bars, a few hundred grams of jelly beans -- definitely not snacking on nice healthy low-cal fruits and veggies. Nor was I active, beyond walking the dogs every day, or burning off calories by "fidgeting" (which I've seen suggested around here)... the most fidgety thing I do is pick my cuticles, for crying out loud.

Seriously, would I need to log and weigh my food to know that an entire box of Kraft Dinner was a meal for four people, not one?

Now my genetics are biting me in the as$ however, as I also struggle immensely to gain muscle.

Yeah, I say that would be a great problem to have, but I know it isn't. I have family members who were like that when they were younger.

I can eat a lot for a week or two, but it will eventually catch up to me if I don't stop.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

Are you allowed to strength train your legs? My old doctor was adamantly against it, my new one is wishy washy but leans towards no.