Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Like I mentioned yesterday, my husband messaged my stepdaughter. She took several hours to respond and when she did, she said her great uncle passed away and that's why she hasn't been around for 2 WEEKS!!! I immediately said BS! She's not been a no show for 2 freakin' weeks because her great uncle passes away. She sure didn't miss any facebook posting because of it, nor did she even mention it.

She told him she was planning on coming by today. I hope I am not home when she does because I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold my tongue. I just honestly, want her to take her crap and her stinky destructive cat and go. I wanted things to be different, I wanted her to WANT to be part of our family, but that's obviously not what she wants or she would have attempted to make some sort of small effort.

I'm sad for my husband because he deserves to be shown love, appreciation, and respect by his daughter. I'm also sad for my daughter because she wanted to get to know her big sister and form a relationship with her. I'm sad for me too, but right now, I'm mostly just pissed off.

That is a very difficult situation.....I am so sorry :(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Even though everyone else in my household bailed, I went to the gym by myself! NSV!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

*Raises hand*
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"
    Welcome back!
  • Italian_Buju
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My confession for today:

I really, really, really, really, really love bread. That is all.

It's always at the top of my list, right up there with cheese! :) My favorite is a crusty French bread or Italian ciabatta, both with butter. I could seriously eat an entire loaf which is why I basically save it as a treat and stick with reasonable amounts of light rye or multigrain thins for sandwiches. Mmm....bread....*drool*
    So I had been craving a chocolate chip cookie, right? So I couldn't take it anymore and went to the store and bought a package of Pepperidge Farm cookies, which I haven't dared doing for 2.5 years...

Now I remember why. I did stop at 3, I guess, which is better than the whole bag. Still going to end up over today... but I'm glad I got my cravings out of the way (but yeah, a chocolate almond croissant and 3 cookies in one day wasn't the best choice, I'll give you that).

At least if I manage to stick to my goal tomorrow I'll be at maintenance for the week at least.

My weakness are their white chocolate macadamia cookies. Yeah, I could definitely eat an entire bag no problem.

I'm quite sure I've eaten a whole bag or two of those in the past.

And bread? Yeah, it always does me in at restaurants. Just love a good French or Italian bread, and don't get me started on that brown bread at the Cheesecake Factory... or the Texas Roadhouse rolls.

Oh man. Italian bread is my jam. I can eat a whole loaf with butter and garlic if I let myself. Good thing my kids like it too and attack it before I can eat it all.

As I have mentioned before, my daughter was adopted at age 10. So obviously she was raised in a different household before that.

Growing up, BREAD to me was what people call Italian bread. To me, that was the only bread we ever had....it always came from a bakery, usually unsliced....bought about every other day.

When my daughter first came to live with me, after some time, she asked why we never have normal bread in the house. I didn't really know what she meant but after some back and forth she said, "you know, like regular white people bread."

I never really ate that wonder bread type stuff, I find it kinda gross most of the time, although now, I can handle it for certain things. When ever my kids want that type of stuff, they literally ask me to pick up a loaf of white people bread!

What! Do you use it for sandwiches and breakfast toast too? Oh man, maybe you shouldn't tell me. I use it as a side with dinners. I buy it at least once a week. "White people bread" cracked me up. That is hilarious.

YES!! I would NEVER eat a sandwich on white people bread, or eat it as breakfast toast *gags*. LOL
    And REAL BREAD makes the BEST grilled cheese (with real cheddar, shredded!)....and amazing french toast....

ETA: I think a lot of people crack up when they first hear it....esp if I say it out of habit and then have to explain what it is, lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

Yes! I am! I was so mad I wasted so much time getting into it! This is why I don't watch most series unless they're already over so I know there's some sort of conclusion/resolution!

Me too...so frustrating! My husband barely watches any tv at all...but he actually watched that show with me. The only other show we watch together is The Walking Dead...but man, we were both so bummed to hear that The Following won't be back.

I do watch TWD <3 but I don't keep up with it- just wait until it comes out on Netlfix! Currently I'm fan girling all over myself waiting fot this Friday so I can binge watch Orange is The New Black!

I started rewatching the first two seasons of OITNB this past weekend waiting for the new one, SO EXCITED!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum.

Were you motion sick or something else? I hope you feel all better.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*

THIS (bold) is why I took up lifting.

And because it's easy. "Easy" in that it doesn't require grace or coordination or skill or athletic ability, all of which I lack. Just a basic awareness of your own body mechanics and the willingness to press on, even on those days when it feels like you've been run over by a truck (lorry for you Brits) and then thrown down a flight of stairs. At least that was my experience anyway... yoga bores me to tears, I can't do aerobics or zumba to save my life, never played sports, but I can pick up a barbell repeatedly. Hey, whaddya know, I'm good at something.

This weekend I walked around a garden center with a big spirea, two rhododendrons and a rose bush in my arms (it was a feat of balance as much as strength). Carried them to my car and put them in the trunk. I want to be able to do that 20 years from now, not be the frail little old lady waiting for the nice young man to help with the carryout.

Aesthetically, I've discovered that I like seeing muscles. Visible proof of all the work I've done. It keeps me motivated. I'm one of the ones who looked pretty good in clothes, but I wasn't too happy with the naked body that menopause has given me. I'm also learning my limitations -- there are some saggy bits that no amount of weightlifting is going to change.

I've seen it posted around these parts before but the key to "fitness" is to find an activity that you love and are going to stick with -- which isn't necessarily going to be the activity that someone else loves.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    louinda1 wrote: »
    I'm proud to be a Mum to my special needs daughter. She is the most wonderful gift I could ever have in my life.....I get good days with her & I get bad days.....tell me what parent doesn't.
    She is 26 years old & still lives at home & I treasure every single moment I have with her both the good & the bad & I thank the universe everyday for giving me such a perfect special angel to care for & look after every single day.....She is my rock & the sparkle in my life & I love my life with her & the wonderful world we create every day. <3

What a great relationship you have with your daughter, an unbreakable bond. You are both very lucky And the best part is that you know And appreciate that!
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    joeu_56 wrote: »
    I once pulled a box of discarded donuts out of the garbage at work and ate them. I did not want them to go to waste. Please tell me someone else has done that, even once.....

I do remember George from Seinfeld doing that on an episode!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    levan11 wrote: »
    Tried to think of a confession all weekend and failed! So these are more random thoughts than actual confessions...

Saturday's breakfast consisted of 1/2 a pack of wildberry skittles, 1/4 of a taco bell chicken quesadilla, and a chocolate chip cookie for good measure. I'm not even really concerned about the calories but sometimes I question whether I should be allowed to adult anymore. Also, I frequently use the word "adult" as a verb.

I am a bit irrationally angry at my boyfriend at the moment because he's not coming to my best friend's wedding in September because his best friend is getting married on the same day. Obviously, this is in no way his fault, but I have to pay for/stay in a hotel room by myself all weekend?! C'mon!

I fully intend on jumping on the FIFA World Cup bandwagon tonight. I love watching soccer but get annoyed that it's rarely shown on TV channels that I get.

I dont care about woman's WC but when men's is on, I run around wearing gear and freaking out, until my team is out, then I do not care anymore lol. Seriously, I was trying to get home for kick off in our last game last year, and was gonna miss it so I stopped at the closest bar to watch it cuz I felt like I was about to turn into rain man, lol. When we won a few years back there was a HUGE party down on the main strip here, we have a big Italian population......I screamed until my voice was gone, and then I bought a whistle ;)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    vypressme wrote: »
    I had a Big Mac yesterday after a long, long time. I kept thinking about it so I thought I could have one just this time.
    I thought I would love the taste, that it would remind me of my old eating habits, and that I would also feel guilty afterwards.

Funny thing - it didn't taste as good as I had remembered, and I asked myself "is THIS what you were craving for, all this time?"

Oh, and I didn't even feel guilty afterwards.

I have never had a Big Mac, ever.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    OMG

I am sorry but this is making me chuckle a bit!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Even though everyone else in my household bailed, I went to the gym by myself! NSV!
    Good Stuff!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Here is my Kyrie...she MIGHT be a little spoiled....she likes her bedroom with a view lol

kyrie2_zpszgjplimm.jpg
  • hailiehq
    hailiehq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of bacon that put me over my calorie limit. I feel bad
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

So am I and neither do I. I love kids movies and make my husband go to the theater with me to watch them. I LOVED FROZEN!!
  • lisan1209
    lisan1209 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lisan1209 wrote: »
    I got really drunk on Saturday and ended up eating almost 2 bags of chips :( I feel guilty even today about it. I did exercise for about 2 hours yesterday though. How long do you think it will take to get back on track?

You are back on track now. Can't change the past, can only learn from it and do better next time.

Thank you! I appreciate the support!! I read on the tone it up website that a whole week of good eating can be destroyed by a cheat day which is why I felt bad. But I was also pmsing too lol!
  • lisan1209
    lisan1209 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lisan1209 wrote: »
    I got really drunk on Saturday and ended up eating almost 2 bags of chips :( I feel guilty even today about it. I did exercise for about 2 hours yesterday though. How long do you think it will take to get back on track?

The second you make a good choice, you're back on track. :) You don't need to do damage control, you don't need to torture yourself. Log it and move on, life happens! :)

Thank you! And you're right-life happens! :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

So am I and neither do I. I love kids movies and make my husband go to the theater with me to watch them. I LOVED FROZEN!!

I have yet to see Frozen...