Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Akkkk! Startled!

My 49 lb 10 year old standard poodle just brought me a mouse. She wanted to bring it in the house (no thanks!) She nicely dropped it outside and I praised her and gave her a carrot. She loves those! Now to go get rid of dead mouse.

Tessa, our other dog, isn't one for bringing dead critters home, but she also loves carrots!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Confession: There is a pattern of jumping all over posters,especially new ones-mocking their posts, questions because they think something is not possible etc. The way they speak to the posters are incredibly rude and alienating. I'm surprised if most of these people ever return to post something or continue with MFP, or logging food after the very "harsh" approach. Then there are the people that just complain that the OP's don't want to hear the truth when in fact it's the negative way people are responding making the OP obviously feel criticized and unsupported. So ya, that's my irritation confession. Makes me never want to ask any questions here.

Here's where this irritates me - there are trolls on this forum. Everyone knows there are trolls on this forum. The trolls flat out admit they are trolls. And even still, people will defend them, and pretend they actually mean well, or act like they've never seen the trolling, as if they've read everything the acct has posted, except for the times they're intentionally trying to start an argument. I'd rather people admit, "yeah, they're a troll, but they make me laugh, so I don't care," rather than act like they have some secret psychic knowledge into the motivations of people who are just "misunderstood."

I'm with you on this @jpw1990!

However, I also think people who post questions just need to stop whining and grow some thick skin. It's the Internet get over it -why would you ever let someone whom you've never met and never will ruffle your feathers so much?! They feed off of that!!

I think the problem with it is that back around 2010-2011, more people who would come onto the forums looking for support or had questions would generally get wrong or flat out BAD advice. Like, no one knew what they were really taking about and just kinda went with whatever was bro science type stuff but be "NICE" about it. Rarely would there be an actual comment of "rudeness" trying to explain why a post was wrong or not making sense. People would jump right all over that in a heartbeat and they would leave it be.

Now it's more that everyone has been at this for awhile and much better advice has come through and people don't put up with the blatant *kitten* that can sometimes float around the board. I'm more for not sugar coating stuff and getting right to the point. (even if it is harsh)

DO I feel bad for new posters who don't know this? yes, absolutely, but I think it's better to tell the truth first and look like dick than to tell a comforting lie and get absolutely no where. That way they can come back after taking a hard look at it and be like "huh, well they were right. Let me change that" It's just the internet... sticks and stones and all that jazz. :p
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Confession: There is a pattern of jumping all over posters,especially new ones-mocking their posts, questions because they think something is not possible etc. The way they speak to the posters are incredibly rude and alienating. I'm surprised if most of these people ever return to post something or continue with MFP, or logging food after the very "harsh" approach. Then there are the people that just complain that the OP's don't want to hear the truth when in fact it's the negative way people are responding making the OP obviously feel criticized and unsupported. So ya, that's my irritation confession. Makes me never want to ask any questions here.

Here's where this irritates me - there are trolls on this forum. Everyone knows there are trolls on this forum. The trolls flat out admit they are trolls. And even still, people will defend them, and pretend they actually mean well, or act like they've never seen the trolling, as if they've read everything the acct has posted, except for the times they're intentionally trying to start an argument. I'd rather people admit, "yeah, they're a troll, but they make me laugh, so I don't care," rather than act like they have some secret psychic knowledge into the motivations of people who are just "misunderstood."

However, I also think people who post questions just need to stop whining and grow some thick skin. It's the Internet get over it -why would you ever let someone whom you've never met and never will ruffle your feathers so much?! They feed off of that!!

I think the problem with it is that back around 2010-2011, more people who would come onto the forums looking for support or had questions would generally get wrong or flat out BAD advice. Like, no one knew what they were really taking about and just kinda went with whatever was bro science type stuff but be "NICE" about it. Rarely would there be an actual comment of "rudeness" trying to explain why a post was wrong or not making sense. People would jump right all over that in a heartbeat and they would leave it be.

Now it's more that everyone has been at this for awhile and much better advice has come through and people don't put up with the blatant *kitten* that can sometimes float around the board. I'm more for not sugar coating stuff and getting right to the point. (even if it is harsh)

DO I feel bad for new posters who don't know this? yes, absolutely, but I think it's better to tell the truth first and look like dick than to tell a comforting lie and get absolutely no where. That way they can come back after taking a hard look at it and be like "huh, well they were right. Let me change that" It's just the internet... sticks and stones and all that jazz. :p

Co-signed :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member

Why not just tell the the truth without being a dick in the first place?
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

@ShibaEars - I'm way behind, so maybe people have already told you, but AZ has amazing hiking if you are into that at all. I lived in Tucson for a while and thoroughly hiked the southern part of the state. The only problem is AZ is officially in summer now - 90s to 100s F is the typical temp and the sun will bake you. I woke up at 4 in the morning in the summer so I could go out and hike before getting too hot. Given the need for super early morning hiking, my favorites might be a bit of a drive for you. It might still be early enough that you if go high enough in elevation the heat won't kill you - but bring LOTS of water. Plan about a liter per hour you're going to be on the trail, and it sounds counter intutive, but you'll be cooler if you cover your skin with light-weight fabric. My profile picture is from a hike I did on the "Wilderness of Rock" trail, on Mt Lemmon which is north of Tucson. If you want more hiking details, let me know!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member

Why not just tell the the truth without being a dick in the first place?

Oh I agree, but unfortunately it doesn't always come out across the proper way especially on the internet. I am all for the truth in a nice way but for some people it is not within their nature. *shrugs* It will be what it be I suppose.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

@ShibaEars - I'm way behind, so maybe people have already told you, but AZ has amazing hiking if you are into that at all. I lived in Tucson for a while and thoroughly hiked the southern part of the state. The only problem is AZ is officially in summer now - 90s to 100s F is the typical temp and the sun will bake you. I woke up at 4 in the morning in the summer so I could go out and hike before getting too hot. Given the need for super early morning hiking, my favorites might be a bit of a drive for you. It might still be early enough that you if go high enough in elevation the heat won't kill you - but bring LOTS of water. Plan about a liter per hour you're going to be on the trail, and it sounds counter intutive, but you'll be cooler if you cover your skin with light-weight fabric. My profile picture is from a hike I did on the "Wilderness of Rock" trail, on Mt Lemmon which is north of Tucson. If you want more hiking details, let me know!

Yes to the hiking. I was also thinking of mentioning hiking and the Sabino Canyon tram might be something to consider too. You can get a ride to the top and ride down or walk down or walk and be picked up part way. I can't stress water enough. Water just plain water and plenty of it. It is an unseasonably cool 72 degrees in Tucson today but I see 90 in the forecast for most days after tomorrow. Mt Lemmon is fascinating to me as I grew up around the Cascade mountains and lived at 50 feet elevation so that 12,000 foot mountains looked nearly 12,000 feet. Tucson is at about 2500 feet and Mt Lemmon at 9150 feet looks so small in comparison. Mt Lemmon is beautiful and interesting to drive up and the hiking is great. It is also far cooler than Tucson and is known as a "sky island".
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Getting a double dip ice cream cone tonight and will enjoy every bite!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    I'm thinking of giving MFP up. I really am cos I can't stand when people are abusive and they be away with it and I write something that isn't abusive but maybe its promoting something by mistake or I've hit the post instead of preview button and I get a warning. They say there is no bullying but there is and someone makes an unintentional mistake and gets warned. Sorry just had to get it off my chest. I've seen some nasty things been said and its getting to me. Though this was my fitness pal and not my fitness enemy. Sorry again but a little peed off.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Work was so weird and annoying today that I ate an ice cream bar instead of my fruit salad. All the talking about savory foods in here makes me crave it so I'm gonna have some salty crackers now and since it's Friday I'll add a glass of white wine too.

I worked early today & wanted a Dairy Queen Blizzard. I went to lunch at a weird time & figured since Dairy Queen wouldn't be opened I would just eat my boring salad:(.

Which one did you want?
    salembambi wrote: »
    its made me lol that other Canadians think that Canada doesnt have products other countries dont

thats my confession

also maple cookies are a million times better than oreos

This times a million. I could eat a whole box of those without regrets but only chow down on oreos when I'm desperate.

I was torn between the Cotton Candy & the Brownie Batter one.

There's also a new ice cream shop that opened pretty close to where I work that I could visit one day for lunch or after work.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

So I went there briefly and left.

Confession I hate when people call other people a "special snowflake". It just sounds so rude and condescending. And I don't get it. Every snowflake is unique. They are all special. So isn't this kind of a contradiction?

I always love when a poster posts something that will cause a stir & then never shows up to give a follow up or more details.

My favorite was the thread the girl asked for substitutions for ice cream but wanted ones without fruit & most responded with Banana Ice Cream.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

I do think some people could take a nicer approach in dealing with some of the posters who are newer to losing weight; however, a lot of the people creating threads could use the search engine to see if someone else asked a similar question. The thread starters that get the most flack are the ones who ask for advice but only want to hear that they're not doing anything wrong & don't want to actually hear anything constructive.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Stupid movies aren't normally my thing. However, I have managed to sit through Dumb and Dumber (original) about 20 times. But now it's fun, because I know all the words by heart. I can pretend I'm either Lloyd OR Harry. B)

Mock Yeah.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

The funniest troll I can remember is this account who said they weighed 600 pounds & ate like six sticks of butter, two large pizzas, 30-40 slices of cake, & a ton of other stuff that no one in their right mind would be able to eat & the number of people who were taking them seriously was astounding. I took them seriously until I read their food diary & knew it was someone who just put a bunch of random food entries in with multiple servings.
  • JPW1990

The funniest troll I can remember is this account who said they weighed 600 pounds & ate like six sticks of butter, two large pizzas, 30-40 slices of cake, & a ton of other stuff that no one in their right mind would be able to eat & the number of people who were taking them seriously was astounding. I took them seriously until I read their food diary & knew it was someone who just put a bunch of random food entries in with multiple servings.

If you read other fitness forums outside MFP, you can see ongoing threads where people are trolling here, and they update the thread with how amazing they think they are after they get someone to take the bait.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Update: sicker than I've been in awhile. my wife & hung out on the couch & binge watched Season 7 of Sons of Anarchy...*kitten* just hit the fan with Gemma, lol.

NO SPOLIERS PLEASE
  • JPW1990
    edited May 2015
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Update: sicker than I've been in awhile. my wife & hung out on the couch & binge watched Season 7 of Sons of Anarchy...*kitten* just hit the fan with Gemma, lol.

NO SPOLIERS PLEASE

I still haven't brought myself to watch the last episode. Eventually...

ETA: I just now realized why I randomly get Goodbye Sober Day stuck in my head when I'm reading in here. It's YOUR fault.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member

If you read other fitness forums outside MFP, you can see ongoing threads where people are trolling here, and they update the thread with how amazing they think they are after they get someone to take the bait.
    People are baffled by the gullibility of every user on just about every social website I visit.

• kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    I'm currently living with someone I don't want to spend the rest of my life with and he wants to. He's arrogant and cruel to others. A small part of my motivation to get back in shape is to possibly begin a life with a man I've grown to really care for. A friend who is caring and more like me.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    It's 4:43 am and I'm eating a left over chocolate bunny from Easter while watching workout videos on YouTube.