Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Another one: I'm envious of people that poop regularly.

No wonder you said you wanted more information on my other post!!
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This thread has me dying! LOL. It also has me (because I have no self control) going to the store on my lunch break to get a can of cream cheese frosting to keep in my desk drawer and changing my meals around to accomodate those cals from the frosting I will eat today. No large Wendy's chili and baked potato for me. It's gonna be a small chili and frosting!!!! YEAH :p
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I cant believe I read all these 20+ pages during work....oh wellz :D
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    My confession: I rarely hit 5,000 steps on my FitBit. I feel like crap about it, every day, and I won't add any more friends on there because I don't want to feel even worse.

Me too! I am on page 17 of this thread and read the entire thing at my desk, on work time. It has made me smile and laugh out loud. I think I identify with every single person on this thread. Except for Judgy Pants. She makes me want to punch the next perfect body woman I come to at the gym. In fact, the one that does her entire 45 minute run by doing side shuffles at the speed of a gazelle on incline 10 comes to mind. I'm not judging her, mind you. I am stating a fact. I wanted to push her tight little *kitten* off the treadmill before but JP has put me over the edge. Since I prefer family life to jail time, I will refrain. For now.

I work in an office and the only steps I get in on my Fitbit are going to and from the printer. I went to Florida with my son for a college visit a few weeks ago and joined one of the work week challenges and the weekend warrior because I knew with the school visit and parks we visited, I would rock the steps. I crushed all my opponents. Now I am back to my dismal 4,000 steps a day.

I change my goals to suit my eating habits sometimes. If I really want the wine, I suddenly only want to lose half a pound instead of 2. If I want popcorn with real salted butter, I miraculously want to gain weight.

Lindor caramel truffles have no calories. None. They do not have sugar or fat either. They just go from the center console in my car to my mouth with no evil consequences.

I sometimes wear clothes that are too large so my coworkers comment on how my clothes are getting loose. (Notice how I fit lose and loose correctly into my post? I'm a genius. Take that J Pants!)

And, drum roll please, I used to be Judgy Pants. I am 5'9" and weighed 75 pounds less than I do now on the day I gave birth to my first son. I left the hospital weighing less than my pre-birth weight. I had a rockin body and wasn't afraid to flaunt it. I lived for Jazzercize. I judged everyone who wasn't skinny. "If I ever get that like, shoot me and put me out of my misery." I constantly complained about how fat I was if I only gained a pound. Someone should have seriously knocked my skinny *kitten* off the treadmill. Wait, jail time. Don't do it. Then, I had an accident that led to multiple surgeries and weight gain. Suddenly, I get it. I struggle to stay active and eat right. What I could eat before, I can't now. Damn you salty chips!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    One of my biggest motivations to get more fit is so I can finally check the "athletic and toned" box on the dating website I'm on without having to worry that a guy will be disappointed when he see me in person

Hah, Hah! That reminds me of a friend of mine who, after meeting a couple guys off the dating website she joined and learning they were NOTHING like their profile, said, "I'm so mad I'm going to take 10 pounds off the weight on my profile. Those people are a bunch of liars!"

55835802.png

• christyallison69
    christyallison69 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Most days, I really don't care if I am forever fat and unhealthy. I don't care if I have a heart attack and die. Then I think about how, if I did, my kids, although grown, would be devastated so I continue. And it just pisses me off.

This is exactly how I feel.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I got more...

I feel guilty when I don't workout. Rest days = guilt. Feeling sick and not working out = guilt. Only burning 200 calories at the gym because I'm not feeling too good = guilt. Not being able to workout for 3 days because I got the DOMS of Hell from starting a new workout routine = guilt. Yeah, I could eat a bit less to make up for that (I do use TDEE anyway) but I never do it.

I changed my goal to my TDEE with no deficit so I stop feeling guilty on days when I end up eating at maintenance (due to hunger, or more often, small binges). Still not working.

I need a therapist.

I do agree that we need a 'what I binged on today' thread.

Also, for those who don't wash their hair every day... how? I sweat so much when I workout (which is pretty much every day, see above), I can't imagine not washing it every time.

Oh and forget health - I only exercise so I can eat more.
  • crazykatlady_
    crazykatlady_ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When my husband(he was just my boyfriend back then) and I first moved in together we also had a roommate. A few friends came over to help us move into our new place. They were outside having a smoke and I had to go number 2 really bad. Our bathrooms were in our rooms and I was so scared of stinking up the room where my bf would know it was me. So, I used our roommate's bathroom and clogged the toilet up something fierce! Later, when our roommate found it I blamed John, one of the guys who helped us move. And John gave me a look...and then agreed that he did it. He took the blame for my toilet clogging. And I've never told anyone. Until now.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Another one: I'm envious of people that poop regularly.

I'm envious of people who live in Medford, Massachusetts. They're paying people for healthy poop!

http://www.openbiome.org/stool-donation/

Because if I did live there, I'd go back to vegan 70 g of fiber a day and make bank. If they would pay by the pound, I'd be a millionaire in no time flat.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen this one yet. I love salt. I will pour soy sauce or A-1 into the palm of my hand and lick it off just to get a salt kick. And I've had borderline to high blood pressure for 10 years so I REALLY should stop that. As a kid I used to cut a lemon in half, put a ton of salt on it, squeeze the juice in my mouth and then dig out the pulp and such with my front teeth. My teeth were seriously damaged by this, they looked broken but had really worn away from the acid. The dentist accused me of being bulimic. I had to get crowns but my parents couldn't afford them so I didn't get them until I was 22 and had my own insurance and money.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen this one yet. I love salt. I will pour soy sauce or A-1 into the palm of my hand and lick it off just to get a salt kick. And I've had borderline to high blood pressure for 10 years so I REALLY should stop that. As a kid I used to cut a lemon in half, put a ton of salt on it, squeeze the juice in my mouth and then dig out the pulp and such with my front teeth. My teeth were seriously damaged by this, they looked broken but had really worn away from the acid. The dentist accused me of being bulimic. I had to get crowns but my parents couldn't afford them so I didn't get them until I was 22 and had my own insurance and money.

Nutritional yeast has a salty flavor (at least to me!) and might be fine for you. Probably should ask your doctor about how much would be too much, though, or if it is okay for you.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

This made me really sad. HUGS!

• wuany
    wuany Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to read all the posts but I'm going to post my confession. I can eat an entire Totino's pizza and 2 bottles of wine in an evening and not think twice.... Until the next morning.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    Ok, here's mine. I keyed up my previous neighbor's brand new sports car. Why? Because him and his gf were house sitting and dog sitting for us while hubby and I were on vacation. Came home and found my great dane had been starved and was skin and bones. Sadly, the vet couldn't save him. Apparently the dog had swallowed a large hunting sock and the blockage made him vomit for days. I didn't get so much as an apology from them so one night I got rip roaring drunk, walked over to their house at 2am and keyed the crap out of the nice pretty car. No one knows except my best friend. Oh, and all of you guys! LOL!

I can't say I blame you, and if it was my dog I'd be saying they got off bloody lightly!!

As a total dog lover (see my avatar). I dont even think I need to be drunk to do that!!!!!!! That calls for a good *kitten* kicking!

Agreed!
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    About one week a month I hate food. This is that week. Yesterday I ate 800 calories - a good chunk of which came from candy. It's been ~20 hours since I last ate, and I'm still miserably uncomfortably full. This explains why I'm down ~ 5.5lb since a week ago.

OMG - will my period just start so I can eat again?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    When my husband(he was just my boyfriend back then) and I first moved in together we also had a roommate. A few friends came over to help us move into our new place. They were outside having a smoke and I had to go number 2 really bad. Our bathrooms were in our rooms and I was so scared of stinking up the room where my bf would know it was me. So, I used our roommate's bathroom and clogged the toilet up something fierce! Later, when our roommate found it I blamed John, one of the guys who helped us move. And John gave me a look...and then agreed that he did it. He took the blame for my toilet clogging. And I've never told anyone. Until now.

OMG I would DIE of embarrassment! Very funny though...but I would just die!

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I TOTALLY used to do the soy sauce/A1 in the hand. Hell, I used to just pour Lawry's Seasoned Salt in the cap and stick my finger in there. I stopped that years ago, but I now I sort of want to do it again :)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got more...

I feel guilty when I don't workout. Rest days = guilt. Feeling sick and not working out = guilt. Only burning 200 calories at the gym because I'm not feeling too good = guilt. Not being able to workout for 3 days because I got the DOMS of Hell from starting a new workout routine = guilt. Yeah, I could eat a bit less to make up for that (I do use TDEE anyway) but I never do it.

I changed my goal to my TDEE with no deficit so I stop feeling guilty on days when I end up eating at maintenance (due to hunger, or more often, small binges). Still not working.

I need a therapist.

I do agree that we need a 'what I binged on today' thread.

Also, for those who don't wash their hair every day... how? I sweat so much when I workout (which is pretty much every day, see above), I can't imagine not washing it every time.

Oh and forget health - I only exercise so I can eat more.

It depends on if you have straight or curly hair. Curly hair is generally more dry and prone to breakage than straight hair. I wash my hair once a week, and if I'm feeling lazy once every 2 weeks.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Vaprrenon wrote: »
    I really need to lose weight but a big part of me is scared to, especially when it comes to the saggy, extra skin I know I'll end up with. It makes it hard to stay motivated when I feel I'll be even more hideous to people even if I'm healthier.

Not everybody ends up with extra skin. I was telling someone in the pool that I have lost 90 pounds and she didn't believe me because my arms and legs are toned. My belly, on the other hand...well, it is covered by clothing, so oh well.
  • HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I go to spin class once a week. I based my decision on which class to attend purely on the fact the instructor is absolutely gorgeous. The music he plays is awful and doesn't motivate me at all to get through the workout, but I still go religiously just to look at his beautiful face...