Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I hate doing jumping jacks... my thighs "clap"... its horrible.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    leomom72 wrote: »
    i wish this would show up in my feed that i commented so i can read more later

Click on the star at the top and you'll get notifications for the thread.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire 8oz. package of Philly cream cheese early this week (with a spoon, too LOL). Logged 2oz. a day over the next several days, as to hide my shameful binge.

To OP, no judgment from me (as you can see, I've only told you the least stupid thing I've done ;) )--but please stop the "homemade Sauna suit" for exercising. It does nothing good, and is potentially dangerous. Same goes for the overprice "Wrap" products. They "Don't" work (except for emptying your wallet).

Lol! It's okay williams I know you guys aren't being mean. I'm taking it off and jumping in the shower then drinking some good ole water. You're right it's stupid! Thanks for caring! :)

You got this! Thank you for taking the advice in the kind, yet strong, manner in which it was given. Yep, we ALL do stupid stuff. Umm, I had used one of those rubber/latex sport "waist trainers" after my last child was born--Oooh, horrible way to find out I am allergic to latex (and it didn't work, either, just gross blisters, despite wearing a cami under it).

OMG I did that too!!!! Only without the cami. I dont even think I am allergic to latext but whatever was in that sucker BURNED me so bad I thought for 2 weeks I was seriously going to die. I had blisters and all! It looked like I was wearing a permanent red version of the belt thing!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    LCloops wrote: »
    This past Friday was a wash day... went out had fun stopped counting calories... and drinks after 3 Rum and Cokes... I don't even drink cola anymore... but talk about stress release Yea!

Confession: I read this and thought "What does that have to do with laundry?...OH!"

Me too. I imagined her at some sort of weird combo launderette/bar.

They used to have one of those near where I live. It was a laundromat, and also a sports bar with food and tvs and all.

It rocked. You put your crap in the washer, and proceeded to get hammered and stuff your face till it was time to put it in the dryer. Then repeat.

Multitasking is awesome.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

I think I love you... :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    LCloops wrote: »
    This past Friday was a wash day... went out had fun stopped counting calories... and drinks after 3 Rum and Cokes... I don't even drink cola anymore... but talk about stress release Yea!

Confession: I read this and thought "What does that have to do with laundry?...OH!"

Me too. I imagined her at some sort of weird combo launderette/bar.

They used to have one of those near where I live. It was a laundromat, and also a sports bar with food and tvs and all.

It rocked. You put your crap in the washer, and proceeded to get hammered and stuff your face till it was time to put it in the dryer. Then repeat.

Multitasking is awesome.

They had those in New Orleans. When we were travelling there, it was awesome. Put on the wash, have beers and a game of pool, swap the wash to the dryer, more beers and pool, then fold the laundry on the pool table. Best. Idea. Ever.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You know that saying when you close out your food log...the If everyday were like today you'd weigh X in 5 weeks?

I tried it once back when I first joined.

I ate the same thing every single day for 5 freaking weeks.

That saying is a liar.

Thanks for being the tester! I knew someone must have but didn't want to start a thread to call people out!

55835802.png

• SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1). I do not log all of my food especially on weekends. I also do not log food that will move me out of the green. I know I am only cheating myself, but I still can't do it.

2). I secretly judge my friend who makes excuse after excuse as to why she can't eat healthier and make it to the gym more. I used to make all those excuses myself before I finally committed myself to actually sticking to the lifestyle for the long term. Its not easy but making excuses doesn't help either.

3). I hate my body. Even if I ever get to a normal weight, which isn't that far away now, I will still hate my body. Being 278 pounds takes a toll on how your body looks. I remember how I looked at 20 and weighing 195 and I see it now at 40 (and 195) and it is nothing like it was!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't bother to wear my Jawbone UP on Sunday's because I know it will be so low. I don't leave the house and spend most of the day cooking in a very small kitchen. And when I'm not cooking I'm sitting entering recipes that I've perfected. I tried one time and I might have gotten to 800. It depressed me, but it won't make me stop my Sunday rituals.
  • MezaEza
    MezaEza Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    At weekends I've been known to spend the whole day on the couch playing Sims and watching tv...
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole bag of doritos this weekend, like I tend to do every once in a while. In my defense, they deserved it.

AllTheNoms wrote: »
    I used to make butter sandwiches. Butter? Good. Bread? Good.

It really is a wonder how I ended up overweight.

I have you both beat. One time years ago when I was a uni student, I got stoned and the only food we had was butter and Doritos. So... yeah. Buttered Doritos. I REGRET NOTHING
  • MezaEza
    Options
    Late in the evenings I often crave Haribo/Gummy snakes. I often give in and eat them but I've never once logged it :neutral_face:
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    You know that saying when you close out your food log...the If everyday were like today you'd weigh X in 5 weeks?

I tried it once back when I first joined.

I ate the same thing every single day for 5 freaking weeks.

That saying is a liar.

Thanks for being the tester! I knew someone must have but didn't want to start a thread to call people out!

55835802.png

By the end of that, I was gagging on oatmeal. I stopped heating it up and just mixed it into water and chugged it. I highly do not recommend trying it out. Unless of course your tolerance to oatmeal is better than mine.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand gummy bears, worms, etc. I know, more for you all :)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    k, but peach rings? you like those right?

• fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Most days, I really don't care if I am forever fat and unhealthy. I don't care if I have a heart attack and die. Then I think about how, if I did, my kids, although grown, would be devastated so I continue. And it just pisses me off.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    k, but peach rings? you like those right?

Nope. No sweet gummies. Sour Patch Kids are good though. I can handle sour gummies.

• MezaEza
    Options

Normally I'm not that bothered about them (I'm usually all about the chocolate!) but recently they've really been taking my fancy.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

Dude, sorry, but I am going to have to judge you on this one. You are an a$shole. I really can't think of anything else to say.

My confession? "Sometimes I just have to judge people, even when I am not supposed to."

Sorry you can't control yourself around chocolate donuts.

My husband's team at work has 2 vegana. I often bake for his team, and never bake vegan, and take major perverse pleasure in the times that my baking makes them cave and eat it, even though it is full of eggs, cream and butter.

ETA: Just to clairfy, they know it isn't vegan. I'm not tricking them!
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    franksl87e wrote: »
    I keep changing my weekly goals (first week!) from 2lb to 1.5lb depending on what I know I still want to eat that day!!

I have totally done that!