Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A diet confession...I often will take a bite of something and if it not delicious and truly worth the calories, I will spit it in the trash or a napkin (especially, any candy or dessert!).

I do the same thing. If it doesn't taste good, I throw it out. I've made a whole dinner before, hated it, thrown it out and started over. Life is too short to eat crappy food.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

As long as you are healthy and not harming yourself, it's all good! Thanks for a great topic! I don't feel like "the only one" to be doing the stuff people have listed. :smiley:
  • flysandy
    flysandy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Love this! Not sure I could be QUITE as diligent, but I love the idea of making your food "grab and go" without measuring or weighing every time I have a meal - and still know exactly what I ate.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    A diet confession...I often will take a bite of something and if it not delicious and truly worth the calories, I will spit it in the trash or a napkin (especially, any candy or dessert!).

I do the same thing. If it doesn't taste good, I throw it out. I've made a whole dinner before, hated it, thrown it out and started over. Life is too short to eat crappy food.

h7a7t1qllbb6.gif
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Another one: I'm envious of people that poop regularly.

I used to feel the same way, then my neurologist put me on a magnesium supplement for my migraines. There were... side benefits. CHANGED MY LIFE.

I take Magnesium at night (though, if you don't mind answering - what is your dosage?). I also get plenty of fiber, water and fat. I poop with a stool to make it easier, too.

I'm on a few different medications that cause stoppage. Even my pharmacist is at a loss how to help.

Have you tried coconut oil? There's a reason the general advice is to introduce it in small increments.
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    userpaul wrote: »
    I eat my granddaughters farleys rusks
    what is a Farley rusk?

• ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I get annoyed by the whole coconut oil revolution going on right now... It is so full of saturated fat that I can't believe it is being touted as a health food.

The poop people. I hear you. Until getting serious about weight loss I never loved pooping so much.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    deedavis27 wrote: »
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

I am the same - I have cut out any alcohol during the week and am learning - slowly - to reduce the amount on the weekends.

UUUhhhh Yeah that would be me.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

I used to feel the same way, then my neurologist put me on a magnesium supplement for my migraines. There were... side benefits. CHANGED MY LIFE.

I take Magnesium at night (though, if you don't mind answering - what is your dosage?). I also get plenty of fiber, water and fat. I poop with a stool to make it easier, too.

I'm on a few different medications that cause stoppage. Even my pharmacist is at a loss how to help.

In case you didn't see, I'm on 800 mg a day. It's all good, that's what my neuro put me on. I take half in the morning and half at night.

• droxeene
    droxeene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have an Aria scale linked to MFP & my weigh ins are always in the morning BUT if my weight has remained steady for a few days sometimes I re-weigh in the evening so it shows I lost weight the next day since my last weigh in... o:)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    Ok, here's mine. I keyed up my previous neighbor's brand new sports car. Why? Because him and his gf were house sitting and dog sitting for us while hubby and I were on vacation. Came home and found my great dane had been starved and was skin and bones. Sadly, the vet couldn't save him. Apparently the dog had swallowed a large hunting sock and the blockage made him vomit for days. I didn't get so much as an apology from them so one night I got rip roaring drunk, walked over to their house at 2am and keyed the crap out of the nice pretty car. No one knows except my best friend. Oh, and all of you guys! LOL!

I can't say I blame you, and if it was my dog I'd be saying they got off bloody lightly!!

As a total dog lover (see my avatar). I dont even think I need to be drunk to do that!!!!!!! That calls for a good *kitten* kicking!

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options

[/quote]? You don't have to wash your hair every time you take a shower. [/quote]

No, it strips your hair of natural oils that keep it healthy. Most women with naturally curly hair only wash their hair a few times a week. Some only use a vinegar rinse and conditioner. I prefer not to smell like a pickle so I wash mine three times a week.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Have you tried coconut oil? There's a reason the general advice is to introduce it in small increments.

I haven't tried it - though I have some here. I'll give a whirl - thanks :)
  • skyfall91
    Options
    mmm... I was thinking, do I need to wash my workout gear after every workout (30-60mins cardio 3 days a week at home) but guess not. I just wear my jogging bottoms (soft jersey material ones) and after a workout Il just change shirts, spray more deodorant (I shower every 2 days, don't get sweaty unless I workout hard) but I usually keep the bottoms on for the rest of the day.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Not to be mean or rude but it really sounds like you've developed a disorder. It sounds like food and the preparation of food has consumed you which is not healthy.

I have to agree :( Please be careful, this could turn into a problem.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    skyfall91 wrote: »
    mmm... I was thinking, do I need to wash my workout gear after every workout (30-60mins cardio 3 days a week at home) but guess not. I just wear my jogging bottoms (soft jersey material ones) and after a workout Il just change shirts, spray more deodorant (I shower every 2 days, don't get sweaty unless I workout hard) but I usually keep the bottoms on for the rest of the day.

You win. :sick:
  • Chocoloiza
    Options
    It reminds me of Pat in the movie Silver Lining's Playbook.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I know what you mean! A friend of mine: like clock work every morning. Me ... maybe every three days or so. And that despite the fact that I get enough fiber of both kinds ... :P
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    No, it strips your hair of natural oils that keep it healthy. Most women with naturally curly hair only wash their hair a few times a week. Some only use a vinegar rinse and conditioner. I prefer not to smell like a pickle so I wash mine three times a week.
    I gots the curly hair and wash usually every day. Working out like I do and how sweaty I get, dry shampoo or anything else will not do, a full shower is needed!

• dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    I've never tried Nutella in fear that I may love it and wont be able to give it up...Same reason I cant have a jar of peanut butter in the house. :\

That's why I haven't tried that cookie butter yet...

11NHnqWMxxRquc.gif

MMMMM - cookie butter and nutella are my weaknesses! Try Nutella with strawberries or bananas, that way you don't feel so bad!