Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

So I went there briefly and left.

Confession I hate when people call other people a "special snowflake". It just sounds so rude and condescending. And I don't get it. Every snowflake is unique. They are all special. So isn't this kind of a contradiction?

I always love when a poster posts something that will cause a stir & then never shows up to give a follow up or more details.

My favorite was the thread the girl asked for substitutions for ice cream but wanted ones without fruit & most responded with Banana Ice Cream.

That is funny. I wish I had caught that one. And I never understand why they post if they aren't coming back either. Maybe they start reading the responses and chicken out.

That could be or they view some of the posters as harsh. A lot of the time I see debating going on between other members & not necessarily targeted at the OP.

The biggest thread debates are sugar/carbs/fat, addiction threads, & the whole calories in vs. calories out.

The only threads that grind my gears are the threads were people post they can't eat over a thousand calories yet they have 50-100 or more pounds to lose.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I just ate some ice cream with a tiny spoon in honor of this thread :)

Yay for tiny spoons! ;) (I do believe I was the first to mention always eating desserts with the tiniest possible spoon...... So I'm pretending that this post is honoring me.) B)

Hehehe :) I thought you were first but I didn't remember - but yes - definitely in honor of you :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess that I always pin a ton of recipes on Pinterest & then never make them.

I also love to pin funny memes & food/exercise funnies.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: My dad got my mom, sister, and mother gift certificates for manicures and pedicures for Christmas.

For Mother's Day we took my mom out for a brunch buffet at a craft beer market (which was amazing and I completely ate more than I should). It was $25.95 per person and I paid for myself, my husband's and half of my mom's plus tip. Mom, sister, and I then went for manicures and pedicures using the gift certificates we got for Christmas.... Including my mom's. The way I look at it, it should be spending time with my mom and not the amount I spend on her. I think my mom was slightly offended for using her Christmas gift certificate though.

Been craving brunch buffets so badly, I avoid them, last time I went to one I probably ate 1200 calories and that was by restraining myself a LOT. So I'm stuck in the 'I really want to go but it's so bad for me' mentality...

For the manicures and pedicures, well, I guess it depends how it happened. If you invited her and asked her to use her gift certificate, well, yeah I would be offended too. If you just decided to go there together, it's not the same thing...

Confession - I don't really like mother's day because I feel I always have to plan what I want to do for it and it just completely defeats the purpose for me. Maybe when the kids are older it will be nicer... But at the same time, it's not really something we ever celebrated when I was growing up (in France) so it's not such a huge deal.

Planning mother's day is your husband's job. I remember I loved mothers day when I was a kid we got to make french toast with my dad and surprise mom with breakfast in bed. For some reason I never figured out this was the one day of the year my mom always 'slept in'. She was probably jumping out of her skin wanting to get out of bed. Now in retrospect I think that is so sweet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession: My dad got my mom, sister, and mother gift certificates for manicures and pedicures for Christmas.

For Mother's Day we took my mom out for a brunch buffet at a craft beer market (which was amazing and I completely ate more than I should). It was $25.95 per person and I paid for myself, my husband's and half of my mom's plus tip. Mom, sister, and I then went for manicures and pedicures using the gift certificates we got for Christmas.... Including my mom's. The way I look at it, it should be spending time with my mom and not the amount I spend on her. I think my mom was slightly offended for using her Christmas gift certificate though.

Been craving brunch buffets so badly, I avoid them, last time I went to one I probably ate 1200 calories and that was by restraining myself a LOT. So I'm stuck in the 'I really want to go but it's so bad for me' mentality...

For the manicures and pedicures, well, I guess it depends how it happened. If you invited her and asked her to use her gift certificate, well, yeah I would be offended too. If you just decided to go there together, it's not the same thing...

Confession - I don't really like mother's day because I feel I always have to plan what I want to do for it and it just completely defeats the purpose for me. Maybe when the kids are older it will be nicer... But at the same time, it's not really something we ever celebrated when I was growing up (in France) so it's not such a huge deal.

Planning mother's day is your husband's job. I remember I loved mothers day when I was a kid we got to make french toast with my dad and surprise mom with breakfast in bed. For some reason I never figured out this was the one day of the year my mom always 'slept in'. She was probably jumping out of her skin wanting to get out of bed. Now in retrospect I think that is so sweet.

Sleeping in... LOL. I had to sleep on the recliner last night again because my husband was snoring too much, which means I was up at 6am again... it's like clockwork. Too bright too early so I wake up. Sigh. But at least he didn't wake me up during the night for once. But no... Made all my own meals today and the kids' too...

Ok I might be a bit bitter.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Mother's day (and father's day) is rough for me. I mean, my parents are still here, but it's weird. Our relationship is basically just kind of like a "this for that" kind of deal. It's always been like that as long as I can remember. It's hard for me to read cards from them telling me how much of a" blessing" I am to them when on the same token, I've always been reminded how I was an "accident". Maybe I just take things too hard, but that's only one of many issues I've dealt with from them, and I'll spare you all the details of the rest. My childhood, teen, and partly adult life was pretty screwed up, to say the least.
    Ok, now I've finally been able to get that off my chest....
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to visit my mom or my daughter (they both live 500 miles away) for mother's day, so I took myself to see a movie. Avengers - Age of Ultron.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Sleeping in... LOL. I had to sleep on the recliner last night again because my husband was snoring too much, which means I was up at 6am again... it's like clockwork. Too bright too early so I wake up. Sigh. But at least he didn't wake me up during the night for once. But no... Made all my own meals today and the kids' too...

Ok I might be a bit bitter.

Ok I confess. I would be too.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I confess that I always pin a ton of recipes on Pinterest & then never make them.

I have a board just for funnies/memes and exercise. But I have about 3 or 4 for food (desserts, baking, squares, bread, etc). I have made a few things I have seen on there (Carmelitas, salted caramel cheesecake, caramel sauce). I have started my own recipe book. The recipes I find that I have tried and tinkered to my liking (adding things/changing quantities/variations/etc) I print on nice paper add pictures and put in a sheet protector. Then there are ones that I find and store in a section of my book called "prospects". That way I can write in any changes that I make when making it or make notes on what I would do next time before I save a final copy.

When I was a kid, my mom, grandma, and aunt would always make apple pie from all the apples from their trees. I used to get so sick of apple pie since we had it for dessert for every dinner because we made so many pies in the fall. Now that they are gone, it took a while to figure out all the spices they put in it and the tricks they used to get the right pie crust (vinegar). I have since mastered making pie crust (and abhor any store bought crust/pie) but i want something I can pass down to my kids (when I have them) so they can recreate the yummy food I make. Now, when we have family dinners i always make dessert and apple pie just for my dad. Food=love.
  • Richferguson143
    Richferguson143 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

What a fantastic idea!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I have a board just for funnies/memes and exercise. But I have about 3 or 4 for food (desserts, baking, squares, bread, etc). I have made a few things I have seen on there (Carmelitas, salted caramel cheesecake, caramel sauce). I have started my own recipe book. The recipes I find that I have tried and tinkered to my liking (adding things/changing quantities/variations/etc) I print on nice paper add pictures and put in a sheet protector. Then there are ones that I find and store in a section of my book called "prospects". That way I can write in any changes that I make when making it or make notes on what I would do next time before I save a final copy.

When I was a kid, my mom, grandma, and aunt would always make apple pie from all the apples from their trees. I used to get so sick of apple pie since we had it for dessert for every dinner because we made so many pies in the fall. Now that they are gone, it took a while to figure out all the spices they put in it and the tricks they used to get the right pie crust (vinegar). I have since mastered making pie crust (and abhor any store bought crust/pie) but i want something I can pass down to my kids (when I have them) so they can recreate the yummy food I make. Now, when we have family dinners i always make dessert and apple pie just for my dad. Food=love.

It's a good idea. There are a few family recipes we lost because everyone thought someone else had a copy. Turns out there were a few that nobody ever wrote down, and the people who knew them have since passed or forgotten. I ended up the keeper of my grandma's not-so-secret cookie recipe, and I've made sure all my cousins have a copy, along with posting it on fb a few times if there's any doubt :p
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Today I had broccoli oven roasted for the first time, I always just usually boil it. It was bloody gorgeous! And then I mixed tuna with avocado for my sandwiches tomorrow instead of mayo. Also bloody delicious. How have I not eaten these things in this way before!

Mmm good stuff!! I could eat avocado mixed with anything :)

I have been wanting to try avocado lattely, never have and not sure what to do with it!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|

• HADAWAY8178
    HADAWAY8178 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still sneak a smoke once in a awhile. UGGGG I know

Me too:/... but then I turn it around and make myself do extra cardio the next day... so not that bad right?
  • HADAWAY8178
    HADAWAY8178 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.[/
    I do this too
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm glad that we aren't allowed to celebrate Mother's Day in my religion, considering all the emotional baggage that seems to go with it! There seems to be such a turmoil of emotions associated with the day.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the reason we aren't allowed to celebrate Mother's Day is because every day is supposed to be Mother's Day. ;) Honoring our mother is considered extremely important. :)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I wasn't wondering. I also try to honor my mother everyday. It is actually considered important to honor your mother in the majority of religions. "Honour thy father and thy mother" is one of the Ten Commandments in the Hebrew Bible. The commandment is generally regarded in Protestant and Jewish sources as the fifth in both the list in Exodus 20:1-21, and in Deuteronomy 5:1-23, though in Catholic counting this is the fourth commandment

I confess, I am feeling particularly antagonistic today :naughty: and I revel in the fact that I can tell someone my mother's first name and even her maiden name whenever someone asks it of me, even in a public setting, without it being considered disrespectful.

Edit: Also, for the non-religious, it is simply considered 'the right thing to do'. Although, someone should mention this to a large portion of the younger generations....
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Oh and Mash'Allah @Susieq_1994 for being so close to your goal weight! (I totally read your bio. :wink: )

*Note: the use of 'Mash'Allah' is not intended to hurt or offend anyone, but to encourage cultural understanding and diversity in MFP. I hope I used it right. :worried:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    BLAH. My confession is that I crave warm white bread with butter and brown sugar sprinkled on top. And last night I ate four slices after a horrible fight with my husband. (Upside is that I'd exercised enough that it fit into my calories for the day- but I still felt crummy today because I've so consistently done well over the past few weeks. Oh, if you don't count the time or two I ate a tablespoon of frosting right out of the can. Crap. Call that confession number two.)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @MercuryBlue UGH! That has SO been me the last week....then I put my dog down on Wednesday. Queue emotional eating frenzy....I'm not even supposed to EAT cheese and I ate ALL the cheese...All of it. And all the popcorn...and chips..I didn't even exercise at ALL! :bawling::bawling::bawling: