Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tigerThea
    tigerThea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

See and I can picture that and it's awesome. haha

Awesomely embarrassing, yes!

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

Apparently I walk too fast....or lack a soul, I have walked into those darn doors more than once. Maybe I'll try disco dancing up to them to give the doors a chance.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    tigerThea wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

Apparently I walk too fast....or lack a soul, I have walked into those darn doors more than once. Maybe I'll try disco dancing up to them to give the doors a chance.

LOL, that's what I've said about myself when they won't work :grin:

I am currently drinking a protein shake. Why, oh why can they not make a protein powder that tastes good?!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

So am I and neither do I. I love kids movies and make my husband go to the theater with me to watch them. I LOVED FROZEN!!

When I saw Frozen in the theater with my kids, I was having some serious issues with my sister (still am if I'm being honest, very similar to orangesmartie's family situation) and during the song "do you want to build a snowman" I started crying! I am not normally a crier, and I was mortified, but it felt like it took me so long to get it under control, only to start back up again during Let it Go. I felt like such a sap. (no offense to people who do cry easily - I don't think you're saps. It was just so foreign to me to lose control for a ridic reason).

Don't feel bad. But then I am a sap. I cry watching movies, tv shows, and yes, even in commercials. My husband thinks it is so funny as I bawl during a Coke commercial.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I just wave at it... When I was a kid and I was too young (read: short) for the sensor (it's at the top of the door around here...) to see me, a male employee came over and just waved at it and it opened. I've been doing that ever since, and it works every time. I probably still look like a moron, waving at the door... "Hey there, door!"
    This reminds me. My husband thanks inanimate objects for things. He's embarrassing at the self-checkouts that talk to you because he'll actually bend down and say 'Thank you' to it. :|

I talk to the self check out machines too... but usually it's to curse at them LOL.

Like this?

its-in-the-*kitten*-bagging-area.jpg

LMAO. Burst laughing. Yes. THIS.
    atw56bowebco.jpg

Well, this is what I got. :(

I'm sorry :(

So am I and neither do I. I love kids movies and make my husband go to the theater with me to watch them. I LOVED FROZEN!!

Tangled > Frozen. There. I said it.

I love kid movies, too, and I'm 45. I'm pretty sure I can quote The Lego Movie from memory as my son has been playing it on a loop for like a month. Who's going to see Inside Out? That looks super funny!

I want to see that one. I started "Home". Didn't like it all and turned it off within 20 minutes

Eta: I still sing "Everything is Awesome!"

I read the reviews of Home and passed. Definitely want to see Inside Out though...

My first whine of the day (or probably not) - I never check the pockets of the stuff my kids and husband put in the wash. Hello crayons and PENCILS. My husband's ruined some of my new clothes last year that way. I wasn't impressed to say the least. I found some legos last week...

Second whine - second day sticking to my goal and I've been hungry all day. Still hungry, but having some tea to fill me up. I really hate that I have to be hungry to lose weight. I haven't even had chocolate or cookies or ice cream... I know, I should just maintain, and I have been, but with my vacation coming up I'd rather lose 1 or 2 pounds before than being all depressed to be back up too much when I come back. And I really want to see 130 on the scale, but apparently my body doesn't.

• Francl27
    Options

When I saw Frozen in the theater with my kids, I was having some serious issues with my sister (still am if I'm being honest, very similar to orangesmartie's family situation) and during the song "do you want to build a snowman" I started crying! I am not normally a crier, and I was mortified, but it felt like it took me so long to get it under control, only to start back up again during Let it Go. I felt like such a sap. (no offense to people who do cry easily - I don't think you're saps. It was just so foreign to me to lose control for a ridic reason).

Don't feel bad. But then I am a sap. I cry watching movies, tv shows, and yes, even in commercials. My husband thinks it is so funny as I bawl during a Coke commercial.

Didn't double post but wanted to comment on this.

You're not alone, lol. I guess it depends on the time of the month too but I've bawled in front of movies, TV shows, heck listening to some songs...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I am currently drinking a protein shake. Why, oh why can they not make a protein powder that tastes good?!

Two words: Dyna Whey. Available at Superstore (and Costco, if you have one).
  • tigerThea
    tigerThea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Y
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

You're making me miss the food!
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

I don't like laundry either. Throwing it in the washer is no problem, but most of my clothes are hung to dry which is a pain.

Laundry I don't mind doing, but I bring it to work with me to do. Side benefit of working in athletics at a university is using the washer/dryer here I can do the equivalent of 6 loads washed/dried in 1 hour.
    Nice job perk! Did they sell you on that when you interviewed?!
    Those giant machines are even better because nothing gets creased.

That wasn't the sell, I'd been working 3rd shift for 5 years and wanted a normal sleep schedule. Without medication I was only sleeping about 4 hours a day.

Downside is I have to do ALL the laundry there as in all 14 sports teams worth and a couple club sports this includes both practice and game gear, when the seasons overlap it's not uncommon for me to run 20 loads a day.
  • bassmant
    bassmant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    franksl87e wrote: »
    I keep changing my weekly goals (first week!) from 2lb to 1.5lb depending on what I know I still want to eat that day!!
    There's nothing wrong with that as long as you stay within the 1.5 goal. A loss in weight is good no matter how small
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

HA! Yes! It can be me, you, Shiba, Suzieq and BZAH10. We'll be like a really small, yet rhythmic gang.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*

I bolded both because I agree with both. I think there is a lot of emphasis on heavy lifting and I have browsed the 5x5 ( looks kind of scary). My goal isn't to be magazine cover fit, I am fine with being "average" with some squish as long as I can fit into regular sized clothes.

But I am also in @52cardpickup's camp because since I have been doing strength training, I love being able to help carry appliances in the house or lift the couch whereas before I struggled.

I lift weights to feel strong too, I'd love to have a good looking body but strength is my main goal now.

I love that I can scoff in the grocery store employee's faces when they ask "Do you need a hand out with that?". I love that I can lift my own boxes at work rather than waiting for a man to come do it (My feminist streak rages when I hear someone say this).

My SO actually lets me carry the dog food now. :)

He was being all chivalrous and trying to take it away from me. I said, "Look, I deadlift waaaaaay more than this. Multiple times. Every second day. For fun." He just laughed and gave in.

I do allow him to carry the heavy groceries, however.

I tip my hat to you. I'm to the point now where my husband gives me a look whenever I try to get him to lift or carry something that's "too heavy" for me. He calls me out for just being lazy. :disappointed:

I get away with the grocery thing only because we always use a basket, not a cart, and I had rotator cuff issues last winter so carrying a heavy basket was agony. It just became a habit for him to carry it.

The flipside is that I now get asked to lift, or help lift, large automotive stuff like the transfer case and transmission for my truck, and the truck box. Requests always prefaced by, "Okay Miss Muscles..." And I'll happily do it because he's got a bad back and shouldn't be lifting heavy stuff.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Y
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

You're making me miss the food!

You're welcome to come back for the food... ;) I'm in Saudi now and *I* miss the food in Oman!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

I'm also a laundry lover. I get irritated if anybody else uses MY laundry machines. Just leave them alone and let me have this one thing.

I don't mind laundry. But I HATE folding socks. They will sit in a laundry basket for YEARS and everyone will have to hunt through for a matching pair.

I don't fold socks at all. I will give everyone their own socks in their laundry pile, but if they want to match them, that is on them. I also don't care if they just throw them all in a drawer and dig through in the morning. I have a relaxed attitude about this lol.
    I'll keep mismatched socks for a while, but after 5 years or so I realise that everyone has made all the sock puppets that realistically are ever going to be made (i.e. zero), and I'll chuck the spares. The mate will always be found the following week.

ETA: My men always seem to turn their socks inside out when removing them. For many years I'd turn them right way out. No longer. Ditto my daughter's skinny jeans & leggings. They know they get a pretty good deal in that I'm prepared to do their laundry, so they don't get to complain!

When I'm getting ready to donate clothes that are too small, I choose a day right after I've done laundry and go through the kid's socks. Whatever doesn't match gets thrown out. I did use one sock as a handwriting helper for my kindergartner though, and we still have it. You cut a hole for the thumb and a hole for the two or three fingers to hold the pencil, and then the rest of their fingers are in the sock. Helps them get the grasp right.

Awesome! I'm totally going to use that idea! Thanks!!

Yay :smile:
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    TW413.jpg

@Susieq_1994

Even if today is bad, you get to start over again tomorrow :)
    That is so sweet
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

*Raises hand*

Such a shame..everything I see about it being cancelled is just a lot of people upset about it. It really was a great show!
    Btw- can I just say that every time I see the picture of your little rodent boy, I smile. <3 He really had the sweetest little face! I hope you're doing well.

Thanks <3
    That made me smile.....he was really sweet....he would love to have me rub him down when he sat on my arm...he would chirp and even throw up his little arms so I could get under them, lol.....I am doing alright....I still miss him, of course, but I gave him a pretty good life, and I did the right thing, so I take comfort in that.....thanks again!

Every day when I get home, there is 20 pages of thread to read, lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

Footloose!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

*Raises hand*

Such a shame..everything I see about it being cancelled is just a lot of people upset about it. It really was a great show!
    Btw- can I just say that every time I see the picture of your little rodent boy, I smile. <3 He really had the sweetest little face! I hope you're doing well.

Thanks <3
    That made me smile.....he was really sweet....he would love to have me rub him down when he sat on my arm...he would chirp and even throw up his little arms so I could get under them, lol.....I am doing alright....I still miss him, of course, but I gave him a pretty good life, and I did the right thing, so I take comfort in that.....thanks again!

Every day when I get home, there is 20 pages of thread to read, lol

It must've been in the pages I missed, I'm assuming your little guy passed over to the rainbow bridge? So sorry for your loss @Italian_Buju
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »

Footloose!

Yes! I am! I was so mad I wasted so much time getting into it! This is why I don't watch most series unless they're already over so I know there's some sort of conclusion/resolution!

Me too...so frustrating! My husband barely watches any tv at all...but he actually watched that show with me. The only other show we watch together is The Walking Dead...but man, we were both so bummed to hear that The Following won't be back.

I do watch TWD <3 but I don't keep up with it- just wait until it comes out on Netlfix! Currently I'm fan girling all over myself waiting fot this Friday so I can binge watch Orange is The New Black!

I started rewatching the first two seasons of OITNB this past weekend waiting for the new one, SO EXCITED!!

I love OITNB but every night after I watch it I have nightmares about being in prison and I have the worst night sleep! But still worth it!

Really? That is interesting!!

My boss really wants to go see Jurassic World.....dinos overwhelm me, literally take my breath away sometimes....I already had a nightmare last night and we have not even seen it yet!!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Two words: Dyna Whey. Available at Superstore (and Costco, if you have one).

I think I've seen it. I'm always so hesitant about buying protein because so many are gross and that s**t ain't cheap!
  • Italian_Buju
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Does anyone remember (long, long ago in this thread) the mom that confessed to flipping her young daughter off behind her back when she's being a brat? Haha, it still makes me laugh. I can't remember the poster's name and wondered if it's someone that still posts..or just someone who stopped by to confess and then left.
    I remember that!!!
    ETA: I do not remember who the poster was though!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »

Footloose!

Yes! I am! I was so mad I wasted so much time getting into it! This is why I don't watch most series unless they're already over so I know there's some sort of conclusion/resolution!

Me too...so frustrating! My husband barely watches any tv at all...but he actually watched that show with me. The only other show we watch together is The Walking Dead...but man, we were both so bummed to hear that The Following won't be back.

I do watch TWD <3 but I don't keep up with it- just wait until it comes out on Netlfix! Currently I'm fan girling all over myself waiting fot this Friday so I can binge watch Orange is The New Black!

I started rewatching the first two seasons of OITNB this past weekend waiting for the new one, SO EXCITED!!

I love OITNB but every night after I watch it I have nightmares about being in prison and I have the worst night sleep! But still worth it!

Really? That is interesting!!

My boss really wants to go see Jurassic World.....dinos overwhelm me, literally take my breath away sometimes....I already had a nightmare last night and we have not even seen it yet!!!

I'm going on Friday at 10am while the kids are in school!

Confession - I've watched OITNB and I like it but it really disturbs me at the same time.