Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Gaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That is all.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made my co-workers go with me to the Whole Foods down the street from my work on our lunch break to look for a specific kind of ice cream (Halo Top), which they didn't have, even though other Whole Foods' carry it. My co-workers were trying to be helpful in suggesting other kinds of ice cream, but totally missed the point of this specific ice cream in the first place, which made me unreasonably internally pouty and now I feel bad. (The ice cream I was looking for has 70 calories per serving, 7 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fat. Ben and Jerry's isn't going to cut it, no matter how delicious it is :disappointed: )

Also, they kind of think I'm a nut, now, for caring that much about a brand of ice cream.

I can completely relate to that, apart from the fact that I would have to be very comfortable with someone to drag them to a store for a specific treat, lol.

How is that ice cream, though? It kinda sounds too good to be true.

Everyone and their mother in another group I belong to (/r/xxfitness and the associated Facebook group) RAVES about it (specifically the Lemon Cake kind), so I thought it would be worthwhile to at least TRY it. I thought I'd buy it at work, because there are a bunch of fitness-minded people here who would help me devour it if I didn't like it. Alas, the store nearest me did not have it. I don't like artificially sweetened things, but when they're sweetened with sugar alcohols as opposed to aspartame I don't mind them as much, and if it's frozen it's even harder to taste the "fakeness" of it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm going to see where else I can get it, and report back.

Now I will DEFINITELY have to find it. I LOVE lemon cake. I wonder if it's like sorbet more than ice cream? I'm a little worried about the sugar alcohols though. The last time I ate something with sugar alcohols, I had to change my address to the third stall in office bathroom. :neutral:

this made me chuckle :smiley:

That makes me happy. If I haven't said it, welcome back, @ShibaEars glad you had a fun and safe trip (besides your toe injuries).

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

I'm also a laundry lover. I get irritated if anybody else uses MY laundry machines. Just leave them alone and let me have this one thing.

I don't mind laundry. But I HATE folding socks. They will sit in a laundry basket for YEARS and everyone will have to hunt through for a matching pair.

I don't fold socks at all. I will give everyone their own socks in their laundry pile, but if they want to match them, that is on them. I also don't care if they just throw them all in a drawer and dig through in the morning. I have a relaxed attitude about this lol.

I pair mine but lay them flat and stacked. It's easy because I have 2 kinds of socks. Black & White. lol
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

Same here! I actually really love to fold. :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I've currently got my dryer running yet again because I didn't get the clothes out the first time. Whoops. That's what happens when you get distracted easily. On that note, I just faxed in the paperwork to update my info at the doctors office I want to go to. I need medication, there's no getting around it. Hubby did say once my ADD issues get figured out, we will start looking at trying for baby #2! That is, if Aunt Flo will stop trolling me. I've gotta get that checked out too, day 7 of nothing. :unamused:
    Exciting! Maybe nature's got you covered already...? Time to take a test!

I'm thinking about it. It's highly unlikely since we use condoms and I don't remember any breaking recently. I may have hubby run to the dollar store soon.

I realize that may have been a little too much shared lol. :flushed:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Today at the grocery store I opened the doors to the pastry case just to SMELL the donuts. That's right. I didn't even want one and knew it would give me a tummy ache and be a total waste of calories. But they were just sitting there looking so pretty with the sprinkles and the glazes and of course the peek of jelly on the sides of a few of them. So there I was, like a crazy person with the doors open just smelling the donuts. AND......IT WAS HEAVENLY. Think what you will, it was a great morning :smiley:

I did that yesterday with a rack of donuts on my way out of the store. I got really close to the rack just so I could get a really good sniff of the donuts. I didn't want one, but I just wanted to appreciate their aroma. I totally get you.

I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys smelling food, even others food! My coworkers think I'm crazy but it's almost an impulse :#
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

See and I can picture that and it's awesome. haha

Awesomely embarrassing, yes!

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I just wave at it... When I was a kid and I was too young (read: short) for the sensor (it's at the top of the door around here...) to see me, a male employee came over and just waved at it and it opened. I've been doing that ever since, and it works every time. I probably still look like a moron, waving at the door... "Hey there, door!"
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... I am experts at loading the dishwasher. To the point of a fault, where I spend almost too much time making things fit. Not by shoehorning them in or anything... It's like a game of Tetris to me. And it keeps me from getting dishpan hands #Palmolive LOL

Also, this weekend I ate 2 Jersey Mikes subs. #13 Italian on wheat, Saturday was a Giant 15" and Sunday was a Reg 7". I also ate a row of 7 glazed donuts on clearance for $.79 from Walmart Neighborhood Market on Sunday.

Also Also, my daughter had a perfect attendance for the first time in school this year and I keep almost slipping up by telling my co-workers. I can't tell them because on 2-3 occasions over the current school year, I called out of work because I said my daughter was sick. LOLOL

Yes!! Someone else thinks this way!! I am guilty of completely repacking the dishwasher to make everything fit in a way that it will come out clean.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Worse laundry mishap is when you forget to take stuff out of the washer in time but still think it will be ok and dry it with that terrible musty smell still in the clothes.

Done that. Bad idea.

I hate when my husband 'does laundry' because inevitably, the next time I want to start a load, I open the washer and OH LOOK THE LAUNDRY IS STILL THERE. Sometimes it's 2 days later. I'd smack him.
    I'm pretty sure my frustration recently at trying to keep up with this thread is whenever I click on this thread it takes me to the last post instead of where I left off. Then I have to page back. Then I miss posts. Then I'm behind anyway.

In light of that, I'm probably the only person that is actually happy when @Francl27 double (or triple) posts because that's one less post I have to catch up on!

Haha. As long as I don't get a warning for spam. But I try to catch them and edit them (wish I could delete them). I did laugh that you got one too!

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.

I've heard of those fantastic things. An iron? I don't even have one. If it needs ironing, I don't buy it, lol.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Worse laundry mishap is when you forget to take stuff out of the washer in time but still think it will be ok and dry it with that terrible musty smell still in the clothes.

Yes! I do this. Now I rewash. Unless it's horse laundry!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I've currently got my dryer running yet again because I didn't get the clothes out the first time. Whoops. That's what happens when you get distracted easily. On that note, I just faxed in the paperwork to update my info at the doctors office I want to go to. I need medication, there's no getting around it. Hubby did say once my ADD issues get figured out, we will start looking at trying for baby #2! That is, if Aunt Flo will stop trolling me. I've gotta get that checked out too, day 7 of nothing. :unamused:
    Exciting! Maybe nature's got you covered already...? Time to take a test!

I'm thinking about it. It's highly unlikely since we use condoms and I don't remember any breaking recently. I may have hubby run to the dollar store soon.

I realize that may have been a little too much shared lol. :flushed:
    :)
    Ok then, I'll share too. I got pregnant with #2 when we were 'being careful' and it was the wrong time of the month.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I just wave at it... When I was a kid and I was too young (read: short) for the sensor (it's at the top of the door around here...) to see me, a male employee came over and just waved at it and it opened. I've been doing that ever since, and it works every time. I probably still look like a moron, waving at the door... "Hey there, door!"

That made me laugh!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.

Um there is such a thing? Who makes it?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my frustration recently at trying to keep up with this thread is whenever I click on this thread it takes me to the last post instead of where I left off. Then I have to page back. Then I miss posts. Then I'm behind anyway.

In light of that, I'm probably the only person that is actually happy when @Francl27 double (or triple) posts because that's one less post I have to catch up on!
    Can't help laughing at this double post!

I know! I've been cursed!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Please come to my house. I would rather restart the dryer 100 times than fold what's in there.

I'm guilty of doing this. 'Ohhp it's sat in there too long after stopping have to restart it!'
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

This reminds me. My husband thanks inanimate objects for things. He's embarrassing at the self-checkouts that talk to you because he'll actually bend down and say 'Thank you' to it. :|
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Same here! I actually really love to fold. :)

I am so glad I am not alone in this :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I don't like laundry either. Throwing it in the washer is no problem, but most of my clothes are hung to dry which is a pain.

Laundry I don't mind doing, but I bring it to work with me to do. Side benefit of working in athletics at a university is using the washer/dryer here I can do the equivalent of 6 loads washed/dried in 1 hour.

You can swing by and get my laundry any time! (eta: that sounds vaguely sexual and I promise you it's not! I apologize!)

I specifically only buy clothes that can be washed and dried. Nothing that needs any sort of special care. Last time I bought a sweater that needed to be hung to dry, my husband accidentally shrunk it in the dryer. I brought it to work without trying it on first after it had been washed (I wear workout clothes for my commute), changed into it and realized it had been turned into a crop top.
    Haha! What did you wear that day? Also laughing at your unintentional innuendo!

I used to have a beautiful cream cashmere cardigan. Very expensive. Somehow it got put through a hot wash and came out like it would fit a 6 month old baby; tiny, perfectly formed, but now made of cream felt!

Yikes! I'd never be able to OWN anything like that here. The water pipes aren't insulated, and in hot weather all of my clothes are getting washed in nearly-boiling water. Whether I like it or not. If I set my washing machine to a certain temperature, it'll just run the water through all day long waiting for it to cool...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... I am experts at loading the dishwasher. To the point of a fault, where I spend almost too much time making things fit. Not by shoehorning them in or anything... It's like a game of Tetris to me. And it keeps me from getting dishpan hands #Palmolive LOL

Also, this weekend I ate 2 Jersey Mikes subs. #13 Italian on wheat, Saturday was a Giant 15" and Sunday was a Reg 7". I also ate a row of 7 glazed donuts on clearance for $.79 from Walmart Neighborhood Market on Sunday.

Also Also, my daughter had a perfect attendance for the first time in school this year and I keep almost slipping up by telling my co-workers. I can't tell them because on 2-3 occasions over the current school year, I called out of work because I said my daughter was sick. LOLOL

Yes!! Someone else thinks this way!! I am guilty of completely repacking the dishwasher to make everything fit in a way that it will come out clean.

That's because that's the only right way to do it! Pretty sure the husband and kids purposely loaded it "wrong" so that I wouldn't make them do it anymore.

Then when it was their job to unload it they mysteriously "didn't know where things go" even though they had no trouble finding items when it was time to eat.