Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

I'm stuggling with my feelings right now. :(

Instant and automatic dealbreaker, in my book. That sort of behaviour falls under my definition of "cheating" and, cynic that I am, I view it as a sort of prelude to actual physical cheating.

I have issues with trust in that once it's been damaged, it would be so much work for me to rebuild that it's not worth the effort. Buh-bye.

I'll just ditto you, because this is ALL kinds of correct and exactly how I feel.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay now- Chipotle is my absolutely favorite go to food, but I don't want you to expect all this awesomeness and then have it and be like WTF was everyone talking about? Just keep your standards low :) Haha I love chipotle so much though!

Me too. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive. I remember back in the early 2000s when you would go you’d get a TON of food (enough for two meals). Now they are so skimpy too. It just doesn’t seem worth the money.
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"

Welcome back! Hope your toes feel better.
    I am feeling particularly down today, had a rough weekend (my toddler is in a Spica cast for another two weeks, my husband worked all weekend) and now I'm back at work. This thread and the thought of working out when I get home are the only things cheering me up right now.

Feel better soon!!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

Hahaha! Too funny! I think you should start a thread about your dog judging you and then ask what should you do about it?
    Funnily enough, it was putting her on a diet that made me realise that slow and steady was the way to do it! Should I write a book? 'Everything I needed to know about dieting I learned from my dog'!

Yes! That's even better!
  • oriel67
    oriel67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am afraid that when I lose my weight, I will feel ugly and hate the extra skin so much, that I will gain the weight back :(
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

For me in the relationship I'm in now it would be over. If I were presently married (to my ex) it would be over but of course divorce takes awhile and we obviously had a number of issues (although that particular one was not part of it.) So, not knowing more about your particulars I would say to do what is in your best interest and know what you want.
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

Me too!!...You're not alone :wink:
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

His *kitten* should be quivering in fear.

This. Oh dear lord so much of this.

And the word that appeared when I quoted this is so much better than the word I imagined when it was ***'d out.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    oriel67 wrote: »
    I am afraid that when I lose my weight, I will feel ugly and hate the extra skin so much, that I will gain the weight back :(

I don't know how much you want to lose, but you might find you don't have much loose skin or that if you do, you won't really care. My arms are nicely toned (thanks to our very own in-thread arm workout series), but I have crazy bingo wings and I couldn't care less. I let my freak flags fly in tank tops and short sleeved shirts!

What I'm trying to say is that I would rather have the loose skin than the extra 135lbs I was carrying.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Oh yikes. So sorry if this is something you're dealing with.

The answer is that I would not think very highly of it. I can't say whether it would be an immediate deal-breaker without knowing more about the situation. It would definitely be a trust breaker and that's so sad.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I confess that I totally started playing Hay Day because of @Susieq_1994 lol. I'm addicted now!
    My plan for world (chicken) domination is WORKING! Muhahaha! ;)

I’m tempted to play Hay Day because of you as well.

I confess I scored some serious Husband Points today - last week I ordered flowers for my wife to be delivered to her office today, and made the card out from the cats.
    Just talked to her, she's giddy! (Fist pump)

That is really nice!

Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

That’s how I feel too. I don’t care about most of the stuff because I’m never going to wear a bikini, I’m always going to cover up most of the time etc. I just want to be a little healthier and not be so big.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The worst part about coming home from vacation is waking up and having to deal with allergies. :disappointed:

Ha, I have 1k posts to catch up on.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I have been there - in similar situation. It seriously undermined my trust, I felt cheated and it has taken a long time to heal and 'bounce back' and even longer to eventually stop being suspicious and kill the urge to control incoming mails and messages, we had series of arguments first then talked more civilised, decided to try and 'fix it' and move on. It was hard but we are still here and together.
    You should do what you think it's best for you. X
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Absolutely and utterly unacceptable. Just because they aren't face-to-face doesn't mean it isn't cheating, and there is NO justification for cheating on a spouse. Ever.

Editing to add... I was just too lazy to write significant other/boyfriend/all the other stuff, but it applies to them, too!
  • Jim_1000
    Jim_1000 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

Thats a really good Idea! I'm going to stop reading this now before I get any more "good" ideas. :smiley:
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm a bit enraged today. I've been reading about a 'protest march' that took place over the weekend in my home town. It was organised by (Town name) Against Islam, which is just about as horrific and racist as it sounds. Makes me ashamed to be from there.

The really ridiculous part is there aren't actually any Muslims in my home town! I exaggerate, there may be one or two, but seriously, it's a 98% white, working class, typical north-eastern English town. Who are these people protesting against? My home town is so insular, my mother is considered her own ethnic minority (she's French). Most immigrants have the sense to bypass us altogether and I don't blame them!

Thankfully some of the more decent locals took some photos and it turns out it was just some pissheads outside a particularly nasty pub, who then wandered down the high street and ended up outside another seedy pub. More people were taking the p!ss out of them than partaking. Still, it enrages me. I probably went to school with some of these losers.

These are the things that make me sad. :( Also, the anti-Islam slogans on buses in a major city (can't remember where, but I think it was in Philadelphia?). The fact that the local government was behind those anti-Islam slogans perpetuating hatred against ANY religion (not just upset because it's Islam specifically, I mean) made me much more upset than a bunch of idiots marching around yelling things... :-/

So, it was Philly (unfortunately, I work there and saw the buses). I don't think it necessarily makes it any better, but the government was not behind the advertisements. In fact, because of these ads specifically, the local organization that runs the bus system (SEPTA) ended the ability of anybody to advertise on city buses. Essentially, they weren't legally allowed to not run the ad, so they fulfilled existing contracts and will no longer run any ads.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I confess that I about died Monday when I saw that Faith No More had just booked a show at Red Rocks in September...Got my tickets on Wednesday - 25th row! (sold out this morning.)

My favorite band in the entire universe. THE. ENTIRE. UNIVERSE.

I was so sad when they called it quits in '98 & thought they'd always just be music that I would throw on & wax nostalgic for the hard-partying 90s. When they did get together and perform in later years, it was always overseas.

Now it's 2015, they've got a new album out (solid B+ as far as reunions go) and they're playing at M************ RED ROCKS. 5 minutes from my house. If you couldn't tell, I am FAR BEYOND STOKED.

Brace yourself for jealousy.

I saw them when they toured briefly in 2010, just saw them last month for the new album...and have tickets for an outdoor show in August. Philadelphia: Land of FNM shows. :)

ETA: I am currently THIRTY THREE pages behind because of being too busy to catch up on Monday. I WILL be caught up before I leave work today, dangit.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

He wouldn't be alive.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Instant and automatic dealbreaker, in my book. That sort of behaviour falls under my definition of "cheating" and, cynic that I am, I view it as a sort of prelude to actual physical cheating.

I have issues with trust in that once it's been damaged, it would be so much work for me to rebuild that it's not worth the effort. Buh-bye.

Me too. About three years ago I was engaged, 10 months into the engagement found out he'd cheated- he apologized, he was sorry, biggest mistake..blah blah blah. It was a shock and it took me about 3 months to get my head on straight and realize he's a schmuck who can't keep it in his pants. Sorry if this is offensive to anyone.

Hugs to you @froggybug- only you know what is best for you and your personal relationship.