Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm actually delighted when I find myself 20 pages behind, unlike many others here who hate falling behind on the thread. It gives me a lot of reading to do while I slack off on housework... ;)

Usually I'm way behind but I'm caught up now and like you said, I don't know what to read now. :)
  • ShareenaFulton
    ShareenaFulton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ha, I remember trying to treat my mum on the last Mother's Day. It was a total fail from start to finish. She dislikes eating out or crowded places so I decided to do a night in, lots of scrummy take-away food, bought in a big chocolate-fudgey brownie tray thing that was probably a billion calories per bite and got her a epic film with Sean Bean (her favourite) which took me a day to find as she's seen nearly all his films, topped off with a card and some flowers.

Reality was that she'd made some slow cook casserole thing that morning and by the time I arrived, couldn't be persuaded towards take-away. The movie I found was one she'd watched on Netflix a couple of days before, forgetting that it was the one I'd suggested (on top of which, she didn't enjoy it). She flat out refused to eat even a nibble of the brownie pudding because she was on a diet and to top it all off, I realised belatedly that the card I had chosen for her said "To Mum" and then in tiny, silvery script below actually said "on your birthday."

So please, spare a thought for some of the poor Mother's Day failures out there who try hard and still can't seem to get it right.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    In a week I will be out of town for a 1 day. I only logged my vitamins and will log nothing else. I will sign in that morning just so I don't lose my streak. LOL
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I got weighed in the doctors today and didn't dread it for once. That right there is a shift in attitude that I am proud to have managed!

And I was down a pound, which doesn't really mean anything except I'd been stuck at a certain weight for 2 months and then I switch to maintenance and BAM there goes a pound.

So my super-helpful advice to breaking your never-ending plateau is first trimester queasiness. You're welcome.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I am 35 pages behind!

I was just thinking about you this morning! Noticed I hadn't seen you in awhile. Everything ok?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Confession: My SO pissed me off to tears on Mother's Day. He got highly intoxicated the night before. I don't think I've ever seen him that drunk. He puked ALL night. No sleep for me. Then he slept in - not me, the MOTHER, on MOTHER'S DAY!!! Then he wouldn't go with us to our trip to Craters of the Moon cuz he was "sick" (hungover). I think he owes me another Mother's Day.

I think a Mother's Weekend is deserved!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    dimeda78 wrote: »
    Yesterday was Mother's Day and I ate however much of whatever I wanted to eat. My lovely children made chicken alfredo baked ziti with steamed broccoli and Brazilian cheese puffs. I had two helpings and two slices of hummingbird cake (not in one sitting). All of that, I did not work out, and I did not feel the least bit of remorse.

I Love Hummingbird cake. I have 2 of their cook books. I make a damn good Grasshopper Pie!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession: I hate Pinterest! It's not organized enough for my OCD brain!

Me too!! I thought I was the only one! Pinterest FAIL.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Yesterday was Mother's Day and I ate however much of whatever I wanted to eat. My lovely children made chicken alfredo baked ziti with steamed broccoli and Brazilian cheese puffs. I had two helpings and two slices of hummingbird cake (not in one sitting). All of that, I did not work out, and I did not feel the least bit of remorse.

I Love Hummingbird cake. I have 2 of their cook books. I make a damn good Grasshopper Pie!

What is hummingbird cake? What is grasshopper pie!?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession: My SO pissed me off to tears on Mother's Day. He got highly intoxicated the night before. I don't think I've ever seen him that drunk. He puked ALL night. No sleep for me. Then he slept in - not me, the MOTHER, on MOTHER'S DAY!!! Then he wouldn't go with us to our trip to Craters of the Moon cuz he was "sick" (hungover). I think he owes me another Mother's Day.
    Ha, I remember trying to treat my mum on the last Mother's Day. It was a total fail from start to finish. She dislikes eating out or crowded places so I decided to do a night in, lots of scrummy take-away food, bought in a big chocolate-fudgey brownie tray thing that was probably a billion calories per bite and got her a epic film with Sean Bean (her favourite) which took me a day to find as she's seen nearly all his films, topped off with a card and some flowers.

Reality was that she'd made some slow cook casserole thing that morning and by the time I arrived, couldn't be persuaded towards take-away. The movie I found was one she'd watched on Netflix a couple of days before, forgetting that it was the one I'd suggested (on top of which, she didn't enjoy it). She flat out refused to eat even a nibble of the brownie pudding because she was on a diet and to top it all off, I realised belatedly that the card I had chosen for her said "To Mum" and then in tiny, silvery script below actually said "on your birthday."

So please, spare a thought for some of the poor Mother's Day failures out there who try hard and still can't seem to get it right.

That makes mine not too bad in comparison... at least I got clean floors out of it... sorry to both of you!

Confession - I had three cookies before lunch. Just because I felt like it. And because I have a nice lunch planned but I'm too lazy to start cooking... so I guess I'll have a later lunch.

Which takes me to my second confession - I'm so sick of cooking every single day 3x a day. Gosh. And in 2 weeks my mom is coming with her boyfriend and I'm going to have to cook for them too (and figure out what they will eat that my kids will also eat) and I DON'T WANNA. But unfortunately when my husband cooks I don't trust him at all to only use a little bit of oil and he doesn't weigh anything, so I end up doing it anyway...
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Happy Monday!
    Confession: I survived the weekend with no slips, no screw ups, no binges, no junk, nada!
    My weigh in (not my official day, but I logged it anyhow) was reallly good this morning.
    <--happy camper!

WOO! Well done! Happy camper indeed!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Tell him you want a "Mother's Day Do Over"!

Or paybacks on Father's Day...

>:) I like how you think!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

What is hummingbird cake? What is grasshopper pie!?

It is The Humming Bird Bakery and they bake yummy cakes! Do you know of the Grasshopper cocktail? Imagine that as a cream pie with a chocolate biscuit base. :smile: YUM!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    It's 4:43 am and I'm eating a left over chocolate bunny from Easter while watching workout videos on YouTube.

Is this confessing or boasting? I mean, who still has leftover Easter chocolate!?

I have left over Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter candy. I'm probably going to drop off the Halloween candy at work since it's getting old and I'm not going to be able to eat it all (I try to work some into each day as a snack). As I said in one of my first confessions, I have probably 10 lbs of candy (good candy...I wish I could eat it all).

I still have my ginormous bag of Cadbury mini eggs stashed in the top of my closet...just waiting for the right delicious moment...
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    It's 4:43 am and I'm eating a left over chocolate bunny from Easter while watching workout videos on YouTube.

Is this confessing or boasting? I mean, who still has leftover Easter chocolate!?

I have left over Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter candy. I'm probably going to drop off the Halloween candy at work since it's getting old and I'm not going to be able to eat it all (I try to work some into each day as a snack). As I said in one of my first confessions, I have probably 10 lbs of candy (good candy...I wish I could eat it all).

I still have my ginormous bag of Cadbury mini eggs stashed in the top of my closet...just waiting for the right delicious moment...

So smart..I like the way you think. Why didn't I do this!?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Today I had broccoli oven roasted for the first time, I always just usually boil it. It was bloody gorgeous! And then I mixed tuna with avocado for my sandwiches tomorrow instead of mayo. Also bloody delicious. How have I not eaten these things in this way before!

I've never heard of oven roasted broccoli, but I love broccoli and will try this soon! Thanks!

Carrots and cauliflower are equally delicious! So are bell peppers (any kind of peppers, really), zucchini, asparagus, etc. Roasting adds a layer of flavor - so yummy!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    This is regarding Arizona. I'm on my Ipad and I can't manipulate things on this as well as on the computer so I didn't go back to the original quote. (Sorry)

I moved to S. AZ from the Pacific NW about 10 years ago. I love it here. It is unseasonably cool today - currently 66 degrees at noon when I think we'd usually be in the 90's. I adapted very well from a duck to a desert rat. :smiley:

Tucson is 90 miles from Phoenix. Someone mentioned the Desert Museum and I agree. A visit to the Desert Museum helped convince me to move here. It is a world class museum that is a zoo, a botanical garden, a museum and more rolled into one. It allows you to "hike" in the desert with drinking fountains and shade at regular locations. There are also inside stuff and an aquarium. It is very beautiful and I highly recommend it. It will probably be hot if you are coming in a few weeks but this weekend is very beautiful. I wish it was hotter but most people love it. (Side note - I despise being cold and get to where I can't get warm. I don't feel hot until over 105 degrees and I don't have A/C. I have an evaporative cooler so in the humid months my house is 85 degrees with a nice breeze going through it. Ahhhhh heaven!!!! In the dry heat months my house gets too cold, down to 65 with it on at night.)

The weather patterns have been very strange this year. We had rain three days or more last week and usually we don't even get a trace until about the second week of July when the summer monsoons come through. So, I can't help guess what the weather will be like but most likely in the high 90's to 100's in Phoenix and about 8 degrees cooler in Tucson. Because of the dry heat, walking under an umbrella in the sun actually helps a huge amount and people do walk under sunbrellas here. (Some not all). Remember your sunscreen and carry a bottle of water with you and drink it.

A longer drive from Phoenix is Tombstone, the town too tough to die, which is very touristy but still fun. There is also The Copper Queen Hotel and Bisbee - a mining town that is supposedly full of paranormal activity. It is a fun and very unique place to visit. The CQ hotel hosts a Halloween Street party that my boyfriend and I went to last year, it was fun.

I don't know very many places around Phoenix and I'm guessing Maricopa is near Phoenix but I didn't look it up. I like the beauty of getting outside of the big city. If you like missions there is a beautiful mission called San Xavier del Bac on the Tohono O'odham nation. If you like star gazing then google Kitt Peak and look at the tours available. Also, if in Tucson google and check out the Mirror Lab Tour at the University of Arizona where they make the mirrors for the largest telescopes in the world. It is fascinating. It is at 1:00 p.m. every weekday and requires reservations. Feel free to send me a message if you have questions / need more info.

Have a great time!!

Thanks for this, and the other people that offered suggestions! I'm writing a list :smiley:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

@ShibaEars - I'm way behind, so maybe people have already told you, but AZ has amazing hiking if you are into that at all. I lived in Tucson for a while and thoroughly hiked the southern part of the state. The only problem is AZ is officially in summer now - 90s to 100s F is the typical temp and the sun will bake you. I woke up at 4 in the morning in the summer so I could go out and hike before getting too hot. Given the need for super early morning hiking, my favorites might be a bit of a drive for you. It might still be early enough that you if go high enough in elevation the heat won't kill you - but bring LOTS of water. Plan about a liter per hour you're going to be on the trail, and it sounds counter intutive, but you'll be cooler if you cover your skin with light-weight fabric. My profile picture is from a hike I did on the "Wilderness of Rock" trail, on Mt Lemmon which is north of Tucson. If you want more hiking details, let me know!

Yes to the hiking. I was also thinking of mentioning hiking and the Sabino Canyon tram might be something to consider too. You can get a ride to the top and ride down or walk down or walk and be picked up part way. I can't stress water enough. Water just plain water and plenty of it. It is an unseasonably cool 72 degrees in Tucson today but I see 90 in the forecast for most days after tomorrow. Mt Lemmon is fascinating to me as I grew up around the Cascade mountains and lived at 50 feet elevation so that 12,000 foot mountains looked nearly 12,000 feet. Tucson is at about 2500 feet and Mt Lemmon at 9150 feet looks so small in comparison. Mt Lemmon is beautiful and interesting to drive up and the hiking is great. It is also far cooler than Tucson and is known as a "sky island".

I would love to get out hiking, but with the group I'm going with, I can't see anyone being into any strenuous activity. Who knows, someone might surprise me.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am having a (foil) packet of potatoes, red peppers, green peppers and yellow peppers cooked on the grill. Add a little sour cream and yum!