Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?

I didn't see anyone respond to this, but apologies if they did!

To over-simplify, it's the belief that until an action occurs, both possible outcomes exist equally. The "experiement" is that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison that will at some undetermined point in time break open and kill the cat, the cat is BOTH alive and dead until you open the box. Opening the box is what determines if it is in fact alive or dead, eliminating the other possibility.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect (NOT the terrible movie), which more people seem to understand.

That makes zero sense to me and is twisted. Put the scientist that invented that in the box. Not the harmless cat. We could use a few less scientists.

I love it! Well said.....

Schroedinger's cat is a thought experiment, and was devised by Schroedinger as a 'ridiculous' example of a quandry of that type to be considered in a discussion on quantum mechanics and the potential existence of alternate realities. No one ever put a cat in a box.

I know that, I think pofoster said she did too.

I just loved what she said.

Ah, sorry. I find it hard to keep up with this thread once I lose my place.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|

I'm sorry! Why?

Because my family sucks sometimes lol

My daughter, whom oddly enough is the one that causes me the most stress by far, normally does good for Mothers Day, like yesterday,.....she doesn't have any money really right now cuz she just finished her Uni year and started work today, but she made me a nice homemade card and put 10 little hearts with vouchers in it for things like foot rubs, laundry service, baked goods etc. I LOVED it.

My son, who is 17, and I still get up nearly every morning to see him off to school, and cook HOT food for him at 7am.....plus because he works a LOT and goes to school full time, plus other things, I do a lot for him that kid's his age do on their own like laundry and I always make sure there is hot food for him before/after work/school etc. He, got me a piece of cheese cake he brought home from his work late last night. I was upset that he did not get me a card mostly, because I feel his gifts are never heartfelt, and I have told him this before. His reply is "Well, you know I love you." I do not doubt he does, and he is a great kid, like seriously, my friends tell me all the time they would love a kid like him, he is hard working (and a good saver, which is odd for a kid his age, he has been working since he was 9 and routinely lends his sister money cuz she is terrible.....we always joke that by the time he is done Uni he will have saved enough money to buy a small island), he is a great student, and I never have to ground him or anything, like literally never. But it is upsetting to me that he could not take the time to write me a card.

My SO, is the WORST out of the group. We have the same argument nearly every year. Again, I will say overall, my SO is wonderful. We almost never fight and he is very good about doing nearly all the cooking and cleaning when he is here (which is only on weekends, and not every one), never once has he ever yelled at me, called me a name, or said something nasty to me. He is loving and affectionate, and a great handy man, does everything from household repairs to hand washing laundry and sewing. However, I am lucky to get "Happy Mothers Day" said to me, or any holiday really. Some years I have gotten small gifts, and to be quite frank, most of them sucked, like he does not know me at all. But it is not about the money, I would be happy with a card, again, and a small token like a movie ticket or something. The worst part is, like I said, we go over this every single year, and it's like by the next time, it never crosses his mind again.

Then I go to work the next day, and 500 people will say things like "Oh, I bet your family spoiled you", or talking about what their families did. Yes, yes I was spoiled, I got a piece of cheesecake :|

It is just disappointing that they never learn how I feel. Like I have said in other posts, my mother was a huge *kitten*, so I try really hard to be a good mother, and it hurts my feelings because I feel like they do not care.

End of rant!

I am sorry! Why don't you try getting your husband and son a piece of cheesecake or something on a birthday or Father's Day and basically say you were just returning the favor. Maybe it will sink in?

I doubt it :s

Thanks anyway though.....
  • Alatariel75
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess that I already have 2 cats who don't like eachother and despite this I'm agonising over taking a kitten a friend has just found abandoned.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|

I'm sorry! Why?

Because my family sucks sometimes lol

My daughter, whom oddly enough is the one that causes me the most stress by far, normally does good for Mothers Day, like yesterday,.....she doesn't have any money really right now cuz she just finished her Uni year and started work today, but she made me a nice homemade card and put 10 little hearts with vouchers in it for things like foot rubs, laundry service, baked goods etc. I LOVED it.

My son, who is 17, and I still get up nearly every morning to see him off to school, and cook HOT food for him at 7am.....plus because he works a LOT and goes to school full time, plus other things, I do a lot for him that kid's his age do on their own like laundry and I always make sure there is hot food for him before/after work/school etc. He, got me a piece of cheese cake he brought home from his work late last night. I was upset that he did not get me a card mostly, because I feel his gifts are never heartfelt, and I have told him this before. His reply is "Well, you know I love you." I do not doubt he does, and he is a great kid, like seriously, my friends tell me all the time they would love a kid like him, he is hard working (and a good saver, which is odd for a kid his age, he has been working since he was 9 and routinely lends his sister money cuz she is terrible.....we always joke that by the time he is done Uni he will have saved enough money to buy a small island), he is a great student, and I never have to ground him or anything, like literally never. But it is upsetting to me that he could not take the time to write me a card.

My SO, is the WORST out of the group. We have the same argument nearly every year. Again, I will say overall, my SO is wonderful. We almost never fight and he is very good about doing nearly all the cooking and cleaning when he is here (which is only on weekends, and not every one), never once has he ever yelled at me, called me a name, or said something nasty to me. He is loving and affectionate, and a great handy man, does everything from household repairs to hand washing laundry and sewing. However, I am lucky to get "Happy Mothers Day" said to me, or any holiday really. Some years I have gotten small gifts, and to be quite frank, most of them sucked, like he does not know me at all. But it is not about the money, I would be happy with a card, again, and a small token like a movie ticket or something. The worst part is, like I said, we go over this every single year, and it's like by the next time, it never crosses his mind again.

Then I go to work the next day, and 500 people will say things like "Oh, I bet your family spoiled you", or talking about what their families did. Yes, yes I was spoiled, I got a piece of cheesecake :|

It is just disappointing that they never learn how I feel. Like I have said in other posts, my mother was a huge *kitten*, so I try really hard to be a good mother, and it hurts my feelings because I feel like they do not care.

End of rant!

@Italian_Buju My mom did my laundry for me today(I did not ask her to and had every intention of doing it myself). So I plan on making her breakfast when I get home. She didn't really get spoiled on Mother's Day either and later this week has to head up to Dallas to take care of my cousin Sherry who is on her third battle with breast cancer.

I know she feels very unappreciated but I make an effort to show her I love her and I make her coffee every morning as soon as I get home. She always asks me, "Why don't you change out of your clothes first?"
    She is more important and a few coffee stains only add authenticity to the security uniform anyway. :wink:

Side note: [expletive] Cancer!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Honestly all this Mother's Day talk makes me sad that I never got that kind of relationship with my mom. All those facebook or twitters messages to the 'best mom ever' etc just reminded me that I would just never say that about mine... and I get a bit jealous. I'm also not sure my kids will ever say that about me as lately there's been more 'I hate you's' than anything else.

They're 7! They don't really say the hate you do they?

All the time! They started at 4...

No worries. My kids used to say it when they were little too. They grew out of it when they got older. I didn't really hear that from them as teenagers. My response was always. "You don't have to like me, but you have to do as I say"

Flash Back! My mum said that to us! Now I love my mum more than anything. I think after about a month after moving out, my dad rang asking me to come home for the weekend because mum was crying because she has lost her best friend. (I'm the only daughter) I'm tearing up right now just remembering that. :'(
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?

To over-simplify, it's the belief that until an action occurs, both possible outcomes exist equally. The "experiement" is that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison that will at some undetermined point in time break open and kill the cat, the cat is BOTH alive and dead until you open the box. Opening the box is what determines if it is in fact alive or dead, eliminating the other possibility.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect (NOT the terrible movie), which more people seem to understand.

That makes zero sense to me and is twisted. Put the scientist that invented that in the box. Not the harmless cat. We could use a few less scientists.

Ha ha it's a theory, it didn't actually happen (I hope). An example of this which I said earlier is that I bought a lottery ticket on my Birthday. I have both lost and won until I check the numbers. Both are possible until you look and see. So the cat is both dead and alive until you open the box and see.
    And FYI I still haven't checked the numbers. lol Judging by the fact its a rollover I would say I haven't won the jack pot.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Someone tried to shoot George Zimmerman

My confession of the day is I am really, REALLY sad that it missed him.......

My confession was that I had to google who that was. I'm terrible with names. :confounded:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Hey now. I'm a scientist. I'm not a bad person. I'm working hard to contribute to the good health of both the environment and the people of this world. :)

It is an over simplified explanation. No cats were harmed it was just a way to explain a challenging concept.

A side note is I don't watch big bang theory but my kids do. I have been told by them and by my boyfriend and by a total stranger that I have some strong resemblances to a character called Bernadette. I think that was the name.

I love Bernadette, that's not a bad thing. :smiley:
  • ShareenaFulton
    ShareenaFulton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, what we need is less pointless celebrities like that Jenner woman and those Kardashian folk and a ton more scientists. You know, the folk that invented every aspect of our modern lives that we completely take for granted. Heating, electricity, medicine and sanitation. The people who made it possible for us to communicate instantaneously with people on the other end of the globe.

It's a weird thing I've noticed recently, the general vilification of scientists and doctors. Hopefully it's just a media phase that'll quickly dissipate.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    I've eaten really badly for the past two days (two whole pizza Hut large pizzas and a side of cheese wedges) and today has already gotten off to a bad start. Not even 7am and double helping of porridge with the most obscene amount of golden syrup and a muller light chocolate yoghurt :( Trying to talk myself out of a caramel coffee. Why do I sabotage myself like this? I'm losing weight, and I'm seeing the effects of my gym regime and now I'm eating like pacman. No prospect of exercise until later this afternoon. So annoyed with myself
    I know that feeling, and wish I knew why progress can be a setback. Maybe weigh yourself less often so the small successes aren't obvious ? And why is it seem so easy to undo hard work

I only weight every couple of weeks as it is. I only use the scales at my house in Devon (i live elsewhere in the week), so i'm not on regularly. I'm just a lazy gannet :(
    salembambi wrote: »
    I confess that today on zee mothers day I feel like the biggest pile of loser because I cant give my mom all the things she deserves. my little sister got her some expensive stuff and im just sitting here like "hi im your oldest daughter & also a total failure you are welcome" My mom is my everything and it hurts that im so *kitten* she deserves better than me

your mom made you. By saying you are a loser and a failure, you're implying that she is a failure. And she is not. Because she made you, and raised you to be the wonderful person you are. Your mom might like to have expensive things, but what she wants most of all, are your arms around her giving her a huge hug and telling her you love her. Your mom needs you to spend time with her, talk with her, laugh with her and share with her. Not spend money on piles of tat that someone else thought about.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

I totally know how you feel. I hate getting handed lab coats on site visits and knowing there's no way it'll do up and having to get get one that drowns me most places to do up over my hips. My favourite situation is when they apologise that they only have xxl or something and they're too big for everyone.

You can definitely climb that mountain though. Go out and get a coat you feel comfortable in and you can do it!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So my confession is that I find those 'mother to be' Mother's Days cards ridiculous. Sure, I feel a bit crappy while preggers, but I'm not really doing any mothering at this stage of my embryo's development. Thankfully Mother's Day in the UK was back in March so there was no awkward conversation to be had, and fingers-crossed I'll actually be a mother by the time the next Mother's Day comes along.

To be fair, being British I find the whole baby-shower, gender reveal parties and all that jazz a bit foreign. I guess it's a cultural thing.
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2015
    Options

Oh my gosh you so have to climb it! I would love to climb it, but my SO isn't into that kind of thing so you have to climb it for me! And what are you on about "woman my size", you can be the first woman your size to climb it then :wink: Don't let a coat put you off the idea, once you do the challenge you will realise a coat is a coat and it is totally worth getting it in a slightly bigger size. About 8 years ago (and 3 stone lighter) I travelled around Borneo for a month and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu which is 4,095.2m or 13,435.7ft above sea level and I was 13st which is... about 170lbs. It was a struggle but it was damn worth it once you get to the top!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    So my confession is that I find those 'mother to be' Mother's Days cards ridiculous. Sure, I feel a bit crappy while preggers, but I'm not really doing any mothering at this stage of my embryo's development. Thankfully Mother's Day in the UK was back in March so there was no awkward conversation to be had, and fingers-crossed I'll actually be a mother by the time the next Mother's Day comes along.

To be fair, being British I find the whole baby-shower, gender reveal parties and all that jazz a bit foreign. I guess it's a cultural thing.

Same. I've never been to one, and I don't think I would have one when I have kids.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

I totally know how you feel. I hate getting handed lab coats on site visits and knowing there's no way it'll do up and having to get get one that drowns me most places to do up over my hips. My favourite situation is when they apologise that they only have xxl or something and they're too big for everyone.

You can definitely climb that mountain though. Go out and get a coat you feel comfortable in and you can do it!

Yeah my hips are frigging massive :( Although 3 inches down on size from last month). The problem is, the high street outdoor shops don't cater to coats in my size (that have to accomodate my gargantuan hips, a wicking top, a mid-layer fleece and a top fleece). Anyway, out of hurt and anger this morning, I've ordered a £200 coat from Berghaus to try, in cherry pink!

Oh my gosh you so have to climb it! I would love to climb it, but my SO isn't into that kind of thing so you have to climb it for me! And what are you on about "woman my size", you can be the first woman your size to climb it then :wink: Don't let a coat put you off the idea, once you do the challenge you will realise a coat is a coat and it is totally worth getting it in a slightly bigger size. About 8 years ago (and 3 stone lighter) I travelled around Borneo for a month and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu which is 4,095.2m or 13,435.7ft above sea level and I was 13st which is... about 170lbs. It was a struggle but it was damn worth it once you get to the top!

I am really excited about the climb (it was people here that persuaded me i could do it) and I'm so looking forward to it. My boyfriend has now decided he is going to do it with me (its an overnight climb, in the dark, on behalf of the alzheimer's society). I don't have a problem with having to get a bigger sized coat, i have a problem finding a bigger sized coat, and i have a bigger problem trying on a succession of coats that don't fit and having to say to my partners, nope, too small and generally feeling like crap about myself (my problem, not theirs). Outdoor shops do not cater to 15 stone women who want to climb mountains.

I will climb it for you Lois :) I'll be posting pics and videos on my justgiving page (which you can get through my profile) so you can experience it yourself ;)

I wouldn't have said either of my partners would do this either, although my boyfriend used to be in the army, those days are long gone. But after i signed up to climb Ben Nevis, my boyfriend decided he would too, which I think is great for him, because its encouraged him to go to the gym and get fitter. My girlfriend won't do it, says she couldn't, but is coming climbing in Brecon at the weekend, so we've found an activity that we all like to do together, that isn't sitting in front of a screen.

• getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I hate Pinterest! It's not organized enough for my OCD brain!

Me too!! I thought I was the only one! Pinterest FAIL.

You can count me in that group as well. I don't like how it's organized.

• Alatariel75
    Options
    getup25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I hate Pinterest! It's not organized enough for my OCD brain!

Me too!! I thought I was the only one! Pinterest FAIL.

You can count me in that group as well. I don't like how it's organized.

I just don't get Pintrest at all.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am totally using work resources to look for new workout clothes and check this post. Boss is away...time to play.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I don't think I ever want another dog again. Mine barks all day long at everything (thankfully we have a pretty quiet street or I can't even imagine) and drives me INSANE. And he'll destroy every tissue or paper or toilet paper roll he can get his paws on. And he hates dogs and might attack them so I don't even dare walking him. I'm so over dogs.

I had the greatest black lab ever. He lived to 15, and he was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. If he barked, you knew something was up. He was my best buddy. When he died in '07 it absolutely devastated me. I was a wreck.

My confession is, I can't bring myself to get another dog. The reason being, although I've known a few great dogs,

I've known TONS of stupid, aggressive, loud, clumsy, disobedient, destructive, smelly, just plain dumb dogs. And if I got a dumb one, I'd resent the hell out of him.
    I understand this. Our dog is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest dog there is. We have a bunch of dogs in the extended family that come and stay from time to time, and they all annoy me, even though I love them.

Every one else's dogs annoy me after a while lol. Everybody has different behaviors they can tolerate that other people can't. My friend has a Beagle and I know I could never handle one. But I also know that my dog, who is "perfect" to me could likely drive other people crazy lol.

Picking a breed that suits your family (a general "your") is important. Knowing what you want/don't want in a dog will help you narrow your choices. (Example: I couldn't personally handle hounds, but Shiba Inus are perfect for me.)

You could also foster dogs for a bit until you find one that you connect with.

Always wondered how you came up with your name! You may have mentioned it back when we were all explaining our names, but that seems like forever ago!