Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't think I ever want another dog again. Mine barks all day long at everything (thankfully we have a pretty quiet street or I can't even imagine) and drives me INSANE. And he'll destroy every tissue or paper or toilet paper roll he can get his paws on. And he hates dogs and might attack them so I don't even dare walking him. I'm so over dogs.

I had the greatest black lab ever. He lived to 15, and he was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. If he barked, you knew something was up. He was my best buddy. When he died in '07 it absolutely devastated me. I was a wreck.

My confession is, I can't bring myself to get another dog. The reason being, although I've known a few great dogs,

I've known TONS of stupid, aggressive, loud, clumsy, disobedient, destructive, smelly, just plain dumb dogs. And if I got a dumb one, I'd resent the hell out of him.
    I understand this. Our dog is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest dog there is. We have a bunch of dogs in the extended family that come and stay from time to time, and they all annoy me, even though I love them.

Every one else's dogs annoy me after a while lol. Everybody has different behaviors they can tolerate that other people can't. My friend has a Beagle and I know I could never handle one. But I also know that my dog, who is "perfect" to me could likely drive other people crazy lol.

Picking a breed that suits your family (a general "your") is important. Knowing what you want/don't want in a dog will help you narrow your choices. (Example: I couldn't personally handle hounds, but Shiba Inus are perfect for me.)

You could also foster dogs for a bit until you find one that you connect with.

Kind of like neighbor's kids!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My gym partner works later than I do, so I usually have to wait at the gym for 20-25 minutes for her to arrive. Lately we've just been doing lifting workouts, but I asked if she wanted to do some cardio today. She said okay. Secretly I was hoping she'd say no so I could go in early and run by myself. (She would be mad if I'd just gone in early without asking her if she wanted to run too)

My confession is that I'm selfish and I get sick of having to do everything on everyone else's schedules.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    My gym partner works later than I do, so I usually have to wait at the gym for 20-25 minutes for her to arrive. Lately we've just been doing lifting workouts, but I asked if she wanted to do some cardio today. She said okay. Secretly I was hoping she'd say no so I could go in early and run by myself. (She would be mad if I'd just gone in early without asking her if she wanted to run too)

My confession is that I'm selfish and I get sick of having to do everything on everyone else's schedules.

I agree with this! I tend to do whatever everyone else wants to do too its easier, but lately I have been doing more just on my own because I am tired of always arranging everything to meet everyone else's schedule.
  • felicialmoreno
    felicialmoreno Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|
    Yeah, I did too. I don't want 'stuff'. All I ever want (and yes, I have expressed this previously) is something homemade/heartfelt. I loved it when they were little and made macaroni pictures or little photo frames at school. One of my treasured gifts was when my youngest painted a picture of me and the teacher framed them. I still have it on my wall.
    I was upset this year because nobody gave me a card. My husband made me feel like I was being bratty about it because they took me out for a nice lunch and to the bee farm.

At the risk of sounding terrible, I was slightly put out that my in-laws didn't really acknowledge that I was celebrating Mother's Day, too. We went to their house for lunch, got my mil a big box of chocolates, and nada for me. My mil has kind of set a precedent of making a big deal out of stuff, so it was weird to not even get a card from them. Obviously I'm not their mother, but isn't it strange to do it one year and not the next?

That would irritate me as well. I feel like the day is about mothers in general. It's almost like ignoring a shared birthday.

I felt that way about my mom and mil not acknowledging me on mother's day so I just started sending them flowers so I can spend the day doing what I want instead of trying to keep pleasing them.
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    Options
    K8T80 wrote: »
    How can we get this to be back to confessions??!?!? Should we just start another thread?

Truth. It seems while we've all bonded and made new and great friendships, the spirit of the thread is waning.

Confession. I took a 30 day challenge not to weigh myself. After a week of crap eating, I weighed myself to give myself a new new start, hey you jerk, don't do this, look at how fat you got in a week.

At 243.2 lbs this morning, most of which is constipation weight i'm sure, you better friend me now because I'm racing to Onederland and you won't want to miss this ride.

Sorry I don't get it? What is Onderland? Getting into the 100s? I don't 'friend' people normally, but I'll join... If for nothing else to apparently force some confessions? I agree this thread isn't anywhere near as funny as it was in the beginning, but its still been pretty darn interesting and educational! And supportive.

** edited because I forgot myself and cursed. I confess...I curse a lot.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My daughter's stupid dog attacked a baby bunny in our backyard this morning. I'm SO over that little a-hole monster. If she didn't love him so much, he'd be gone. Mind you, he's a Chihuahua/minpin mix and he's far more vicious than my pit has EVER been.

Years of running has taught me that the dogs that are more likely to bite you are the little annoying yappy dogs. The big dogs usually just want to join me. Lol
    Such a fun lesson to learn on my first run! :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

And this is why I never ever want a gym partner. That and I get pretty annoyed when there are two people yacking next to me on the treadmill.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I always feel I look like the "before" pictures no matter how healthy I try to be
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I drank enough prune juice to kill a Klingon but nothing moved. I think I'm going to explode.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I was never a soda drinker and definitely not a diet soda drinker. I always thought it was gross. A few weeks ago I got a craving for something carbonated so I had a diet soda. Then I had another. Now I'm wanting one every day, for the purpose that it alleviates my hunger and takes my mind off of eating for awhile. I have a hard time breaking habits so I'm a little worried. Nothing wrong with diet soda but I would rather not be drinking it every day and using it to stave off hunger.
  • jnr007
    jnr007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Confession, bought iced oatmeal cookies (the soft and chewy kind *drool*) my kids later asked for a few. I lied and said I couldn't find them and we must've left them at the store. In truth, I ate the whole package while cooking dinner. Not like I meant to, I looked down and thought hmm, a few won't hurt since I'm not eating the dinner I fixed. Went to put them away and surprise, surprise it was empty. :neutral:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I'm with you. My husband has a long commute. It's either get up at 4:30am to work out or wait until he gets home around 6:30pm. And he reeeeeallly wants to workout together.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    jnr007 wrote: »
    Confession, bought iced oatmeal cookies (the soft and chewy kind *drool*) my kids later asked for a few. I lied and said I couldn't find them and we must've left them at the store. In truth, I ate the whole package while cooking dinner. Not like I meant to, I looked down and thought hmm, a few won't hurt since I'm not eating the dinner I fixed. Went to put them away and surprise, surprise it was empty. :neutral:

What's an iced oatmeal cookie?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was never a soda drinker and definitely not a diet soda drinker. I always thought it was gross. A few weeks ago I got a craving for something carbonated so I had a diet soda. Then I had another. Now I'm wanting one every day, for the purpose that it alleviates my hunger and takes my mind off of eating for awhile. I have a hard time breaking habits so I'm a little worried. Nothing wrong with diet soda but I would rather not be drinking it every day and using it to stave off hunger.

I had almost completely quit diet soda but lately have been drinking them again lately when I want something sweet. Instead of candy or chocolate I drink a dt. Mountain dew
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Confession: There is a pattern of jumping all over posters,especially new ones-mocking their posts, questions because they think something is not possible etc. The way they speak to the posters are incredibly rude and alienating. I'm surprised if most of these people ever return to post something or continue with MFP, or logging food after the very "harsh" approach. Then there are the people that just complain that the OP's don't want to hear the truth when in fact it's the negative way people are responding making the OP obviously feel criticized and unsupported. So ya, that's my irritation confession. Makes me never want to ask any questions here.

Here's where this irritates me - there are trolls on this forum. Everyone knows there are trolls on this forum. The trolls flat out admit they are trolls. And even still, people will defend them, and pretend they actually mean well, or act like they've never seen the trolling, as if they've read everything the acct has posted, except for the times they're intentionally trying to start an argument. I'd rather people admit, "yeah, they're a troll, but they make me laugh, so I don't care," rather than act like they have some secret psychic knowledge into the motivations of people who are just "misunderstood."

The funniest troll I can remember is this account who said they weighed 600 pounds & ate like six sticks of butter, two large pizzas, 30-40 slices of cake, & a ton of other stuff that no one in their right mind would be able to eat & the number of people who were taking them seriously was astounding. I took them seriously until I read their food diary & knew it was someone who just put a bunch of random food entries in with multiple servings.

So I have read about trolls but never really understood what people were talking about. It's people that fake their their situation to see if people take the bait? Why? To spark fights? I don't get it.

I don't get it either! Seriously, do they think that's fun? AND, who has time for that? Get a life!

Totally
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    jnr007 wrote: »

What's an iced oatmeal cookie?
    8272.jpeg

Since it mentions the soft ones, I'm guessing Archway?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @MercuryBlue UGH! That has SO been me the last week....then I put my dog down on Wednesday. Queue emotional eating frenzy....I'm not even supposed to EAT cheese and I ate ALL the cheese...All of it. And all the popcorn...and chips..I didn't even exercise at ALL! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

I am so sorry about your dog.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?

I didn't see anyone respond to this, but apologies if they did!

To over-simplify, it's the belief that until an action occurs, both possible outcomes exist equally. The "experiement" is that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison that will at some undetermined point in time break open and kill the cat, the cat is BOTH alive and dead until you open the box. Opening the box is what determines if it is in fact alive or dead, eliminating the other possibility.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect (NOT the terrible movie), which more people seem to understand.

That makes zero sense to me and is twisted. Put the scientist that invented that in the box. Not the harmless cat. We could use a few less scientists.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?

To over-simplify, it's the belief that until an action occurs, both possible outcomes exist equally. The "experiement" is that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison that will at some undetermined point in time break open and kill the cat, the cat is BOTH alive and dead until you open the box. Opening the box is what determines if it is in fact alive or dead, eliminating the other possibility.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect (NOT the terrible movie), which more people seem to understand.

That makes zero sense to me and is twisted. Put the scientist that invented that in the box. Not the harmless cat. We could use a few less scientists.

It's a hypothetical, you don't use a real cat.
  • Oberon21
    Options

And thank you for responding and explaining!