Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I am totally judging on a female that keeps posting threads with fitness model pictures and says she wants to look like them, but she has 140 pounds to lose! I want to go tell her that she is setting herself up for failure. Baby steps, honey, baby steps!

But I don't think that would be well received.

Did she start the do I have to eat clean to have a flat stomach thread?

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I am totally judging on a female that keeps posting threads with fitness model pictures and says she wants to look like them, but she has 140 pounds to lose! I want to go tell her that she is setting herself up for failure. Baby steps, honey, baby steps!

I saw one of those. It seemed like a little too perfect set up for people to roll in and tell her how wrong she was. I suppose it might have been sincere, but I'm guessing POE.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    JustMe2C wrote: »
    Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for such a refreshing thread, especially after most of the others I've read so far since joining MFP. I was about to conclude that the forum wouldn't be a part of my experience here, but I think you all just changed my mind. :)

Welcome! Stick around. This is a pretty special place. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I saw one of those. It seemed like a little too perfect set up for people to roll in and tell her how wrong she was. I suppose it might have been sincere, but I'm guessing POE.

What is POE?
  • MoHousdon
    Options

???
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!

Gorgeous! Horses are so amazing. I've always loved them.

They are, and Phoebe is pretty special.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for such a refreshing thread, especially after most of the others I've read so far since joining MFP. I was about to conclude that the forum wouldn't be a part of my experience here, but I think you all just changed my mind. :)

Welcome! Stick around. This is a pretty special place. :)

It sure is! And, welcome!

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

We're nice in this thread :) I mostly hang out in here and not out on main threads too much.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I was planning on going to yoga during my lunch hour, guess who forgot her top? This girl! I think it may be a lazy day today after all. >.<
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Did she start the do I have to eat clean to have a flat stomach thread?

This.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32836866#Comment_32836866

And this.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32833597#Comment_32833597
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And woot! I stepped on the scale today and my body finally released the stupid 2-4 lbs of water (it varied) it held on to for this past week and even gave me another -1 lb for my wait.

So now I'm down 17 pounds. With another 23 lbs to go until goal. That makes me feel awesome.

I've been feeling kind of grumpy/crabby/exhausted the last few days so I went to bed at 8 pm last night after I put both my kids to bed. It felt AMAZING to sleep for 10 hours. I used to average 4-5 hrs/night.

So this is going to sound weird, but every time I get a lot of sleep I always am lighter in the AM. Its weird.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I have an interview with a recruiter after work today, who does not seem to be working with the sort of companies/positions that I'm really aiming for. I'm going mostly as a "refresher" on the whole interview experience. Does that make me a jerk?
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I could never go "full" clean eating because I refuse to give up HotPockets and Cocoa Puffs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have an interview with a recruiter after work today, who does not seem to be working with the sort of companies/positions that I'm really aiming for. I'm going mostly as a "refresher" on the whole interview experience. Does that make me a jerk?

I think we've debated this before? And the answer was a resounding, NO! Get your practice in.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So today my husband comes home - he's currently on an away a week/home a week work schedule. Needless to say I'll be busy today trying to look like I've completely done ALL the jobs I planned to do when he was away, clean the house etc etc.

He's not a tyrant in any way, but because I'm not working at the moment, I think it's my job to do everything around the house so that he doesn't have to be concerned about it. I always feel like I need to have something to show for my free time - 'Look at this clean house!' or 'I did the garden!' or 'Here, I single handedly sanded and stained this big-@ss deck! Be pleased with me!'

Got any tips for others? Lol! I probably have to be the worst housewife ever, I seriously suck at it. :flushed:

ETA: It's to the point hubby calls me when he's headed home, just to give me a heads up to get dinner started and clean up. Usually he's an hour or so away, so then it's a mad scramble to make it look like I've actually done something. Sigh, I hope the doctors office is quick with an appointment, I piss myself off being like this. Ugh.

When my kids were younger, I tried this website http://www.flylady.net/. She sends you daily or weekly emails (your choice) with suggested chores, and she has some helpful starting tips and a suggested weekly schedule of what room to work on when in addition to general picking up and dishes. I found it helpful when my life was really hectic.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

Okay, I have to ask - and I'm not saying you're wrong and obviously I have no idea what you were/are like so please don't take this the wrong way - but do you think at your lighter weight you may have appeared more confident and open to interaction, thus making people more inclined to say hello or stop to hold a door?

Not really. Some of the worst instances of it happened in the hospital, since my mother and grandmother were in and out all the time. Before or after the loss, the circumstances were the same. I watched the same happen to my mother in reverse. She had a whole laundry list of things going on, and ballooned up from the predisone. Every time they tried to ween her off of it, she'd end up in the hospital again after her o2 would drop, so they'd up her dose, she'd gain more. The bigger she got, the colder the nurses got, the smaller I got, the nicer the same nurses were to me.

Oh. Sorry people are such jerks! I've never experienced this type of thing, nor do I know anyone IRL that has so I didn't realize people could be so shallow. I live a pretty sheltered life apparently, because I am always shocked by stories I hear/read about how rude people are (in general, not just related to weight).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!

So jealous. I took lessons for about 10 years when I was younger and I LOVED jumping. 3 feet was the highest I ever got to. I still love watching showjumping on TV and I've realized I lean forward in my seat every time someone goes over a jump, like I can help them over lol.

Why don't you start again? I didn't start riding until right before my 21st birthday when I could pay for it myself. I always wanted to, but my parents wouldn't pay for it (they did a bit but not consistent so I don't consider 1 summer of lessons and 1 summer at a 1 week camp anything worthwhile) and now I work at the barn to help offset the costs. I've been jumping 3' for years but with Phoebe you have to be perfect or she won't jump, and I started messing her up when I went into the ring from nerves. So we backed off until I got more confident, and finally tried it. I was shaking so bad when I was done from the adrenaline rush, but I was so proud of myself! I didn't want to humiliate myself like I did a few years ago. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So today my husband comes home - he's currently on an away a week/home a week work schedule. Needless to say I'll be busy today trying to look like I've completely done ALL the jobs I planned to do when he was away, clean the house etc etc.

He's not a tyrant in any way, but because I'm not working at the moment, I think it's my job to do everything around the house so that he doesn't have to be concerned about it. I always feel like I need to have something to show for my free time - 'Look at this clean house!' or 'I did the garden!' or 'Here, I single handedly sanded and stained this big-@ss deck! Be pleased with me!'

Got any tips for others? Lol! I probably have to be the worst housewife ever, I seriously suck at it. :flushed:
    Make lists. Check things off. Seriously - best way to get anything done.

I believe I've shared this before, but I LOVE LISTS!!! They make me feel so accomplished when I can go through and check everything off. I even add stuff after the fact, just so I can check it off. :blush: I old my husband that last week and he got a big kick out of it.

I'm so anxious for our trip, that I want to pack all my stuff now, even though our trip isn't for another 18 days, and I will need most of the stuff I'm packing, aside from the swimwear, and the one new thing I bought to sleep in.

Plus if you pack now, you'll be convinced you forgot something, and will have to unpack and repack anyway. I have had that happen. :(
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

I've noticed that too, in the opposite direction. I used to be in great shape and everyone wanted to talk to me and hang out. Now I'm in not so great shape and it's like I'm invisible. People are awful.

Sometimes I feel like this:

gyubpbhza86b.jpg

This makes me sad :'( I'd be your friend!

Aw, thank you! I'm OK, really. It just really opened my eyes and I hope I never treated anyone badly when I was thin.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Make lists. Check things off. Seriously - best way to get anything done.

I am and have always been a list maker. It killed me when companies stopped using Franklin Planners, but I still use my planner and make my lists. Every review I've ever had, I've been praised for my excellent organization. I'm so disorganized, I'm just really good at getting my list accomplished.