Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!

That is an awesome picture! Phoebe is beautiful! You look a little scared. Is that the "issue" you were talking about? (I rode as a kid, then developed an allergy to horses through puberty and can't ride anymore. Broke out in huge hives and almost had to go to the ER.) I remember having to work through my fear sometimes so my horse wouldn't pick up on it.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Worse laundry mishap is when you forget to take stuff out of the washer in time but still think it will be ok and dry it with that terrible musty smell still in the clothes.

Done that. Bad idea.

I hate when my husband 'does laundry' because inevitably, the next time I want to start a load, I open the washer and OH LOOK THE LAUNDRY IS STILL THERE. Sometimes it's 2 days later. I'd smack him.

This was a recurring issue when my the other half and I did our own laundry. He was constantly forgetting and preventing me from doing mine when I wanted. So, I told him if he caught up on all of his laundry (he would do 4 loads once per month - ugh), I would take over from there.

He now complains that I do it too often, because he hates putting it away. I can't win. ;)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I would be pissed, like I said in my last post, I would want to freak out.....

I have read a lot of the posts that say it is a deal breaker, and while some people feel that way, I do not always think it is that easy.

If it is some guy you have been with a few months or something, of course, get out right away. But if it is someone you have been with for many years and otherwise the relationship is good and this is not repeat behavior, IMO you really have to decide if it is something worth throwing the whole relationship out.

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe the monogamy is natural for humans. Most animals are not monogamous. Even if you are doing your best to be monogamous, sometimes you become drawn to something you cannot control.

I am a firm believer that some people will always cheat, and some people may never, but given the right set of circumstances EVERYONE is capable of cheating. Ever see the movie Unfaithful? Perfect example.

Thanks. I appreciate it. This is the approach I'm taking. Like I said I haven't talked to him so I want to see what he has to say. I don't know if it's a good idea but as I've been going through things this week, I've been writing down thoughts/feelings. If he is open to listening, I want to share how it's affected me. Overall he has been great so this is a surprise. I'm not sure he realized how bad this really is. But then again, he was hiding it so maybe he does...

I have five free therapy sessions through work so I'm going to get his schedule and figure out when we are both free to go and make an appointment if he is willing. If not, I will give up.

I agree though. I think that monogamy is hard for a lot of people and probably not natural. However, I'd rather have someone admit to me that they aren't happy being with just me instead of going behind my back. If he is a man who wants to be in a relationship with me, I don't want to share and he will have to say no to temptation.

And yes, I've seen Unfaithful. That is a sad movie. :(

Also, I hope you are doing okay. I love the pictures of your rodent baby and I feel so bad for you. At least you know he had a good life with you!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    30 lbs down with 20 more to go. Today, I am doing a ridiculous little happy dance.

That counts as exercise, right?

Way to go!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession today is that the squat rack was busy, again! I couldn't do my lifting on Monday because it was busy and I refused to miss it again today so I used the incline bench press rack as a squat rack. It worked at the time, but I have a distinct feeling I may come to regret doing it. :confounded: We will find out tomorrow morning I guess.

Yikes. I don't think I could get under the incline bench to do a squat. I'm 5'9". Although, next time the squat rack is occupied, I'm gonna check it out. ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

See and I can picture that and it's awesome. haha

Awesomely embarrassing, yes!

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I just wave at it... When I was a kid and I was too young (read: short) for the sensor (it's at the top of the door around here...) to see me, a male employee came over and just waved at it and it opened. I've been doing that ever since, and it works every time. I probably still look like a moron, waving at the door... "Hey there, door!"
    This reminds me. My husband thanks inanimate objects for things. He's embarrassing at the self-checkouts that talk to you because he'll actually bend down and say 'Thank you' to it. :|

Confession: I talk to EVERYTHING. Even in public. And I have absolutely no shame about it. I'm an embarassment. :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

I hate this as well. I've been big and I've been skinny. I'm the same person but for some reason everyone seems to like me a lot more when I'm skinny. That hurts!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @lbuehler89 I love your new picture. Gorgeous!

Thanks!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!

That is so cool!! And Phoebe is a beautiful horse, you're so lucky!! Way to go!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.

Um there is such a thing? Who makes it?

Samsung. :) I LOVE Samsung. I have Samsung everything! Microwave, washer/dryer, oven, refrigerator... Their products are amazing and energy efficient and almost never break. My most beloved brand. :open_mouth:

Disclaimer: I do not, and never have ever worked for Samsung. I've noticed that most Americans seem shocked when a combination washer/dryer is mentioned... Are they not available in the U.S.?

I've never seen them, but I would love to have one! Granted, my washer and dryer are so close together I barely have to move, but I still wish I had an all in one machine!

I agree with this! I have never seen one but would love that. One less step! I hate moving the wet laundry to the dryer, I always drop something on the ground. I have front loaders (biggest mistake EVER, back to top loaders next time). The HORSE LAUNDRY always makes the front leak (too heavy I think) so I have learned to cut back on the amount I put in and monitor the amount of soap for things like leg boots that suck up a lot of water.

And yes, I do human laundry and horse laundry in the same machines. So folks with allergies might not appreciate that. Or folks with cleanliness issues. But I like clean laundry on my horses. Putting a dirty saddle pad on a horse's back or a dirty girth is tantamount to putting on dirty underwear in my book. People do it all the time and it makes me nuts. I do more laundry than a family of 4 for me and the horses!

Oh you couldn't PAY me to have another front load set! We had to get one when we moved out of the in laws' house, and the house we moved to was only set up for a stackable set. Well, we found a set on Craigslist for $75. The washer worked well but sounded like doing laundry at a shooting range. So, we ended up dropping over $300 on a new drum for it. Not even a good 2 weeks later, I get a panicked phone call from my mom at work saying my dryer had stopped working and it smelled like something was burning. So, nearly $400 later I had a washing machine, but no dryer. We ended up moving again last year to our current house, and this house has an actual laundry room/back porch combination. Hubby went out and bought me a brand new maytag top load set, to which I had no issue with the $120 monthly payments, nor dropping the $1200 it cost a few months later to pay it off lol!

We ended up selling the dryer for scrap metal, I think we got $10 or $20 for it. The washer we ended up selling at a yard sale for $40.

Yeah, dropped nearly $400 into it, only got $40 out of the goddamned thing. I'm still pissed about that, a year later. :rage:
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    tigerThea wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

Apparently I walk too fast....or lack a soul, I have walked into those darn doors more than once. Maybe I'll try disco dancing up to them to give the doors a chance.

HA! Yes! It can be me, you, Shiba, Suzieq and BZAH10. We'll be like a really small, yet rhythmic gang.

♫♪When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way. From your first cigarette, to your last dying day.♫♪

You have to snap your fingers, too.

AHHH WEST SIDE STORY!!! One of my FAVORITEST musicals! "I feel pretty, I feel pretty, I feel pretty and witty, and gaaaaay!" Ah I love that so much <3
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession today is that the squat rack was busy, again! I couldn't do my lifting on Monday because it was busy and I refused to miss it again today so I used the incline bench press rack as a squat rack. It worked at the time, but I have a distinct feeling I may come to regret doing it. :confounded: We will find out tomorrow morning I guess.

Yikes. I don't think I could get under the incline bench to do a squat. I'm 5'9". Although, next time the squat rack is occupied, I'm gonna check it out. ;)

Try it as a warm up first. I had to start in a half-squat position. I only did it because I saw a guy do it before and thought it seemed like a good idea. I didn't get told off so I'm assuming it's allowed. :lol:
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    For more laundry talk, here's 1 morning of baseball/softball game day laundry. 4 loads there for 55 lb washers, everything gets soaked overnight, everything gets scrubbed by hand, washed twice, then hung to dry.

1ui7uy630z7r.jpg

Goodness that's a lot of work!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    atw56bowebco.jpg

Well, this is what I got. :(

I'm way behind, but it's been years since I've used one of those. Is that a positive or a negative?

ETA: Read further...negative. So sorry. I remember when we were trying to get pregnant. That negative on that stupid little stick was heart breaking. It took almost four years and one miscarraige before I got (and stayed) pregnant with my son.

Thanks. I took another one this morning, same result. I guess we're going to hold off on trying until I get my ADD issues under control. It just sucks, I get all excited and boom, nope. We tried in November and it didn't happen, and we decided to hold off again. Maybe in a few months....
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

I've been meaning to make hummus for weeks, but I'm worried that I will eat the entire batch in a week three days.

I usually just make enough for 8 very small servings (like enough to spread on a kabab/chicken sandwich) or two big fat servings (that would make up a whole meal) or four medium servings (enough for a side dish). All that to say that I make about 500 grams of it at a time. Heh.

Confession: I'm just really super fed-up with myself. Ever since I've started "slipping" I've basically been tightening my "restriction" belt more and more and more. Baking ingredients? Banned from the house. Sweets? Banned from the house. Butter? Banned. Sugar? Banned. And yet, I still manage to mess up, because I'm just that awesome. And you know what? I'm sick of it.

I told my husband last night that if I keep this up, we're not going to have any food left in the house at all soon. :-/ The last straw for me was when I slipped up (2000+ calories over maintenance) because of trying to bake something (out of desperation) with a bunch of substitutes that tasted NASTY, and it turned out that I could have had the same amount of the real stuff for much less calories than that... It's like I just keep on baking because baking is "bad" (and yet I really love baking) and so tempting to do because I feel like I can't ever do it again if I'm being "good".

So you know what I did? I threw out everything I've been doing for these last few months. Everything. I went out and I bought flour, sugars, butter, baking powder, chocolate, and then I baked a big ole batch of chocolate chip cookies. I now have a freezer full of cookies and two big bags of chocolate chips and a whole bunch of ingredients to bake more WHENEVER I WANT. And that feels freeing.

I did slip up eat more cookies than I intended to yesterday, BUT I didn't eat the whole tray like I did every single time before this because "I have to finish these so I won't mess up again tomorrow!". Well, it's tomorrow now. There are still plenty of cookies. And there will be plenty the day after too. And I don't need to have one right now, because I can have one later. And that feels freeing, too.

Will this work? I really have absolutely no idea. But I'm really, really, really sick of all this "forbidden" and "good" and "bad" and not being able to bake. So I'm throwing everything out of the window and starting over again. Send me good vibes?

Sorry for the novel. :)
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Brilliant. I like the way you think
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I would be pissed, like I said in my last post, I would want to freak out.....

I have read a lot of the posts that say it is a deal breaker, and while some people feel that way, I do not always think it is that easy.

If it is some guy you have been with a few months or something, of course, get out right away. But if it is someone you have been with for many years and otherwise the relationship is good and this is not repeat behavior, IMO you really have to decide if it is something worth throwing the whole relationship out.

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe the monogamy is natural for humans. Most animals are not monogamous. Even if you are doing your best to be monogamous, sometimes you become drawn to something you cannot control.

I am a firm believer that some people will always cheat, and some people may never, but given the right set of circumstances EVERYONE is capable of cheating. Ever see the movie Unfaithful? Perfect example.

Thanks. I appreciate it. This is the approach I'm taking. Like I said I haven't talked to him so I want to see what he has to say. I don't know if it's a good idea but as I've been going through things this week, I've been writing down thoughts/feelings. If he is open to listening, I want to share how it's affected me. Overall he has been great so this is a surprise. I'm not sure he realized how bad this really is. But then again, he was hiding it so maybe he does...

I have five free therapy sessions through work so I'm going to get his schedule and figure out when we are both free to go and make an appointment if he is willing. If not, I will give up.

I agree though. I think that monogamy is hard for a lot of people and probably not natural. However, I'd rather have someone admit to me that they aren't happy being with just me instead of going behind my back. If he is a man who wants to be in a relationship with me, I don't want to share and he will have to say no to temptation.

And yes, I've seen Unfaithful. That is a sad movie. :(

Also, I hope you are doing okay. I love the pictures of your rodent baby and I feel so bad for you. At least you know he had a good life with you!

I can't read books, stories, or watch movies like this, just makes me sick all over again. I do believe people can be monogamous, yes it's super hard and you have to work at it TOGETHER, but that is what COMMITMENT is. If you want to be in an open relationship, by all means do whatever floats your boat- but it's the lying and hiding things that are the problems. No good can come of it. My parents just celebrated their 31st wedding anniversary and I have no idea if either strayed nor do I want to know as it's their business but seeing as they're still very much in love and just how their relationship dynamic is I highly doubt either ever has. Again, monogamy is difficult but doable. I think saying we're not meant to be monogamous is a cop out personally, or giving people an excuse, but that's just my opinion!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    tigerThea wrote: »

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

Apparently I walk too fast....or lack a soul, I have walked into those darn doors more than once. Maybe I'll try disco dancing up to them to give the doors a chance.

LOL, that's what I've said about myself when they won't work :grin:

I am currently drinking a protein shake. Why, oh why can they not make a protein powder that tastes good?!

There's a brand called Nu-Tek that they sell at Nutrishop in the states. Not sure how widespread they are, but it's actually pretty tasty, and comes in a lot of different flavors. It's expensive though.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

I've been meaning to make hummus for weeks, but I'm worried that I will eat the entire batch in a week three days.

I usually just make enough for 8 very small servings (like enough to spread on a kabab/chicken sandwich) or two big fat servings (that would make up a whole meal) or four medium servings (enough for a side dish). All that to say that I make about 500 grams of it at a time. Heh.

Confession: I'm just really super fed-up with myself. Ever since I've started "slipping" I've basically been tightening my "restriction" belt more and more and more. Baking ingredients? Banned from the house. Sweets? Banned from the house. Butter? Banned. Sugar? Banned. And yet, I still manage to mess up, because I'm just that awesome. And you know what? I'm sick of it.

I told my husband last night that if I keep this up, we're not going to have any food left in the house at all soon. :-/ The last straw for me was when I slipped up (2000+ calories over maintenance) because of trying to bake something (out of desperation) with a bunch of substitutes that tasted NASTY, and it turned out that I could have had the same amount of the real stuff for much less calories than that... It's like I just keep on baking because baking is "bad" (and yet I really love baking) and so tempting to do because I feel like I can't ever do it again if I'm being "good".

So you know what I did? I threw out everything I've been doing for these last few months. Everything. I went out and I bought flour, sugars, butter, baking powder, chocolate, and then I baked a big ole batch of chocolate chip cookies. I now have a freezer full of cookies and two big bags of chocolate chips and a whole bunch of ingredients to bake more WHENEVER I WANT. And that feels freeing.

I did slip up eat more cookies than I intended to yesterday, BUT I didn't eat the whole tray like I did every single time before this because "I have to finish these so I won't mess up again tomorrow!". Well, it's tomorrow now. There are still plenty of cookies. And there will be plenty the day after too. And I don't need to have one right now, because I can have one later. And that feels freeing, too.

Will this work? I really have absolutely no idea. But I'm really, really, really sick of all this "forbidden" and "good" and "bad" and not being able to bake. So I'm throwing everything out of the window and starting over again. Send me good vibes?

Sorry for the novel. :)

Yep! All the good vibes! Food is not good or bad or forbidden. It just is. It provides energy to your body. I'm planning on eating ice cream for dinner tonight (husband and son will be out of town). I have no guilt about that at all. It's a planned treat. It puts me 230 calories over for the day. But, if I hit the gym on the way home from work, which I plan to do, I should be fine.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

I don't like laundry either. Throwing it in the washer is no problem, but most of my clothes are hung to dry which is a pain.

Laundry I don't mind doing, but I bring it to work with me to do. Side benefit of working in athletics at a university is using the washer/dryer here I can do the equivalent of 6 loads washed/dried in 1 hour.

You can swing by and get my laundry any time! (eta: that sounds vaguely sexual and I promise you it's not! I apologize!)

I specifically only buy clothes that can be washed and dried. Nothing that needs any sort of special care. Last time I bought a sweater that needed to be hung to dry, my husband accidentally shrunk it in the dryer. I brought it to work without trying it on first after it had been washed (I wear workout clothes for my commute), changed into it and realized it had been turned into a crop top.
    Love it :smiley: