Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    tigerThea wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

See and I can picture that and it's awesome. haha

Awesomely embarrassing, yes!

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

Apparently I walk too fast....or lack a soul, I have walked into those darn doors more than once. Maybe I'll try disco dancing up to them to give the doors a chance.

LOL, that's what I've said about myself when they won't work :grin:

I am currently drinking a protein shake. Why, oh why can they not make a protein powder that tastes good?!

Two words: Dyna Whey. Available at Superstore (and Costco, if you have one).

But ONLY in Canada, because you are greedy protein that doesn't taste icky bastages.

Oh, gosh. You weren't supposed to see that. o:)

I seriously think of you every damn morning when I open the container (it's in Tupperware) and the aroma of iced cappuccino wafts out at me.

Which brings me to a strange confession... for someone who loathes cooking, and all aspects of meal preparation, I own craploads of Tupperware. All acquired in my younger years when I was not very well off, and that stuff's bloody expensive. I think maybe I had a fantasy that it would make me enjoy cooking, or make it easier, or something like that.

When I first moved out, I had all my mom's old tupperware, and then my aunt sent me a giant box full because she bought all new. I have it in 80's pastels and 70's avocado and pumpkin. Between my husband and I, we cook ALL the time, but we never bother with the tupperware. We use gladlock containers and freezer bags for everything.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I just wave at it... When I was a kid and I was too young (read: short) for the sensor (it's at the top of the door around here...) to see me, a male employee came over and just waved at it and it opened. I've been doing that ever since, and it works every time. I probably still look like a moron, waving at the door... "Hey there, door!"
    This reminds me. My husband thanks inanimate objects for things. He's embarrassing at the self-checkouts that talk to you because he'll actually bend down and say 'Thank you' to it. :|

Haha both of your stories are cute!

• JPW1990
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Channeling my inner Franci, don't mind me :blush:
  • JPW1990
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I just wave at it... When I was a kid and I was too young (read: short) for the sensor (it's at the top of the door around here...) to see me, a male employee came over and just waved at it and it opened. I've been doing that ever since, and it works every time. I probably still look like a moron, waving at the door... "Hey there, door!"
    This reminds me. My husband thanks inanimate objects for things. He's embarrassing at the self-checkouts that talk to you because he'll actually bend down and say 'Thank you' to it. :|

Haha both of your stories are cute!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Channeling my inner Franci, don't mind me :blush:

HA, awesome.
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    I think I just had my first double post too!!! And I messed up the quote again...but that's no big surprise...
  • JPW1990
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I think I just had my first double post too!!! And I messed up the quote again...but that's no big surprise...

It happened in a bunch of threads at once - pages of just the same 3 or 4 people, repeated 5 or 6 times each.
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

See and I can picture that and rk :grin:

I am currently drinking a protein shake. Why, oh why can they not make a protein powder that tastes good?!

I think I've seen it. I'm always so hesitant about buying protein because so many are gross and that s**t ain't cheap!

I wish they had samples. I think I could benefit from it but I don't want to spend over $30 on something gross.

I LOVE the BodyLab chocolate protein...it is so good. It's lower carb and calorie protein than most. I either make a shake with almond milk or mix it with plain greek yogurt. Tastes like chocolate mousse!
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    Geezzzz.....messed up the quote again.

I was trying to say that I love the BodyLab chocolate protein. It's so good.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

Apparently I walk too fast....or lack a soul, I have walked into those darn doors more than once. Maybe I'll try disco dancing up to them to give the doors a chance.

But ONLY in Canada, because you are greedy protein that doesn't taste icky bastages.

I seriously think of you every damn morning when I open the container (it's in Tupperware) and the aroma of iced cappuccino wafts out at me.

Which brings me to a strange confession... for someone who loathes cooking, and all aspects of meal preparation, I own craploads of Tupperware. All acquired in my younger years when I was not very well off, and that stuff's bloody expensive. I think maybe I had a fantasy that it would make me enjoy cooking, or make it easier, or something like that.

When I first moved out, I had all my mom's old tupperware, and then my aunt sent me a giant box full because she bought all new. I have it in 80's pastels and 70's avocado and pumpkin. Between my husband and I, we cook ALL the time, but we never bother with the tupperware. We use gladlock containers and freezer bags for everything.

I bet you don't have the gigantic cake taker caddy thing, which has only ever seen use as a bucket when my water tank pressure valve decided to leak. How about the pick-a-deli? (And I never buy pickles!) TWO sets of the canisters? Enough mixing bowls to start your own bakery?

Sadly, the only piece that I didn't purchase is the big divided server thing, for fresh fruit or veggies. Somebody unloaded it on me. And I don't entertain.
  • JPW1990
    Options

I bet you don't have the gigantic cake taker caddy thing, which has only ever seen use as a bucket when my water tank pressure valve decided to leak. How about the pick-a-deli? (And I never buy pickles!) TWO sets of the canisters? Enough mixing bowls to start your own bakery?

Sadly, the only piece that I didn't purchase is the big divided server thing, for fresh fruit or veggies. Somebody unloaded it on me. And I don't entertain.

I had the cake taker. Then I used it for the intended purpose, and put a cake in it. That resulted in everyone forgetting there was a cake in it, and when I remembered and took it down, it was moldy. Which is why I had a cake taker but no longer have a cake taker. I have the popsicle molds, though.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I made my co-workers go with me to the Whole Foods down the street from my work on our lunch break to look for a specific kind of ice cream (Halo Top), which they didn't have, even though other Whole Foods' carry it. My co-workers were trying to be helpful in suggesting other kinds of ice cream, but totally missed the point of this specific ice cream in the first place, which made me unreasonably internally pouty and now I feel bad. (The ice cream I was looking for has 70 calories per serving, 7 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fat. Ben and Jerry's isn't going to cut it, no matter how delicious it is :disappointed: )

Also, they kind of think I'm a nut, now, for caring that much about a brand of ice cream.

I can completely relate to that, apart from the fact that I would have to be very comfortable with someone to drag them to a store for a specific treat, lol.

How is that ice cream, though? It kinda sounds too good to be true.

Everyone and their mother in another group I belong to (/r/xxfitness and the associated Facebook group) RAVES about it (specifically the Lemon Cake kind), so I thought it would be worthwhile to at least TRY it. I thought I'd buy it at work, because there are a bunch of fitness-minded people here who would help me devour it if I didn't like it. Alas, the store nearest me did not have it. I don't like artificially sweetened things, but when they're sweetened with sugar alcohols as opposed to aspartame I don't mind them as much, and if it's frozen it's even harder to taste the "fakeness" of it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm going to see where else I can get it, and report back.

Now I will DEFINITELY have to find it. I LOVE lemon cake. I wonder if it's like sorbet more than ice cream? I'm a little worried about the sugar alcohols though. The last time I ate something with sugar alcohols, I had to change my address to the third stall in office bathroom. :neutral:

Do you remember which kind you had before? I do ok with erythritol, some of the others, I'm a sugar free gummy bear story in real time.

Whatever is in the Pure Protein bar. It was not a pleasant experience. So much so that I suggested eating one to someone that confessed that they were constipated.

• irsyadnh
    irsyadnh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    irsyadnh wrote: »
    I don't feel want go to gym today, got argument with my girlfriend. She said I don't support her, yet she tell her friends treat her better than me and he has better personality than me. What a jerk, I'm not perfect, everybody is not perfect. Yet, I tell go ahead if you want with him, I'm not put any chain on her. Then, she's angrier than before, said I'm not even try. It hurts for me to compared with other people.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go to gym and hit heavy bag a lot. It always good way to scream and let emotion out.

It is very good for that. Your girlfriend doesn't sound very nice. I don't even know you and I can tell you that you deserve better than that.

Maybe she's not nice but some part she's right some part she's wrong. But still, I'll just hit heavy bag for now.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I made my co-workers go with me to the Whole Foods down the street from my work on our lunch break to look for a specific kind of ice cream (Halo Top), which they didn't have, even though other Whole Foods' carry it. My co-workers were trying to be helpful in suggesting other kinds of ice cream, but totally missed the point of this specific ice cream in the first place, which made me unreasonably internally pouty and now I feel bad. (The ice cream I was looking for has 70 calories per serving, 7 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fat. Ben and Jerry's isn't going to cut it, no matter how delicious it is :disappointed: )

Also, they kind of think I'm a nut, now, for caring that much about a brand of ice cream.

I can completely relate to that, apart from the fact that I would have to be very comfortable with someone to drag them to a store for a specific treat, lol.

Everyone and their mother in another group I belong to (/r/xxfitness and the associated Facebook group) RAVES about it (specifically the Lemon Cake kind), so I thought it would be worthwhile to at least TRY it. I thought I'd buy it at work, because there are a bunch of fitness-minded people here who would help me devour it if I didn't like it. Alas, the store nearest me did not have it. I don't like artificially sweetened things, but when they're sweetened with sugar alcohols as opposed to aspartame I don't mind them as much, and if it's frozen it's even harder to taste the "fakeness" of it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Now I will DEFINITELY have to find it. I LOVE lemon cake. I wonder if it's like sorbet more than ice cream? I'm a little worried about the sugar alcohols though. The last time I ate something with sugar alcohols, I had to change my address to the third stall in office bathroom. :neutral:

Maaaaaybe start with a few spoonfuls of it at first to see how it goes? Like those people eating entire packages of those sugar free gummy bears?

That's about all the ice cream I can typically handle anyway. I just found out it's sold in the Dillon's (Kroger) a couple miles from my house. I will put it on my list for my next shopping trip.

Confession: The thought of eating a whole pint of ice cream makes me want to puke. I can have a few bites, a half a cup at the most, but then I'm done. Disclaimer, I am slightly lactose intolerant (never diagnosed), but I refuse to give up dairy.

I feel for you! Have you tried lactaid (lactase) pills to see if they help? They're supposed to provide the enzyme that lactose intolerant people lack, so that you can digest dairy without pain or, ummmm, other unpleasant side effects. I am definitely lactose intolerant, but since it didn't get diagnosed until I was 27, I was completely unwilling to give up on dairy. I use lactose-free milk and cottage cheese, but still refuse to give up cheese and real ice cream because the alternatives aren't very good and I love them! lactase pills really help me out, especially since string cheese and cottage cheese are frequent protein sources for me...

I haven't, but I will. It really sucks only getting to take a few bites of ice cream. Although, it is good for the old waistline. :smile:

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I had the cake taker. Then I used it for the intended purpose, and put a cake in it. That resulted in everyone forgetting there was a cake in it, and when I remembered and took it down, it was moldy. Which is why I had a cake taker but no longer have a cake taker. I have the popsicle molds, though.

Want another cake taker? :)

I have two of the pie takers. I use them a lot for transporting cheesecake to potluck events, and for keeping cheesecake in the fridge... because even I can't finish off a 9" cheesecake in a few days.

Mmm... cheesecake...
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »

Maaaaaybe start with a few spoonfuls of it at first to see how it goes? Like those people eating entire packages of those sugar free gummy bears?

That's about all the ice cream I can typically handle anyway. I just found out it's sold in the Dillon's (Kroger) a couple miles from my house. I will put it on my list for my next shopping trip.

Confession: The thought of eating a whole pint of ice cream makes me want to puke. I can have a few bites, a half a cup at the most, but then I'm done. Disclaimer, I am slightly lactose intolerant (never diagnosed), but I refuse to give up dairy.

I feel for you! Have you tried lactaid (lactase) pills to see if they help? They're supposed to provide the enzyme that lactose intolerant people lack, so that you can digest dairy without pain or, ummmm, other unpleasant side effects. I am definitely lactose intolerant, but since it didn't get diagnosed until I was 27, I was completely unwilling to give up on dairy. I use lactose-free milk and cottage cheese, but still refuse to give up cheese and real ice cream because the alternatives aren't very good and I love them! lactase pills really help me out, especially since string cheese and cottage cheese are frequent protein sources for me...

You remind me of my sister (never a bad thing, my sister is awesome...). She is very much lactose intolerant, but she loves dairy more than life and will never EVER give up her buttermilk or yogurt habit. She's not quite as big on ice cream, but she also loves cheese of all types. You'd have to pry her dairy products out of her cold, dead hands. ;)

That said, she hasn't been able to find a lactase pill of any sort in our country (Oman) so far, so she just puts up with the side effects and avoids eating dairy when she isn't at home for the day. ;)

Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! For me it's a combination of just loving my dairy products too much, and also having a very stubborn mindset/personality. I hate the idea that my stomach is trying to keep me from eating things I love, so I just eat them anyway - I'll show you, stomach! But lactase is my best friend.

I think if I lived alone I'd be more willing to eat dairy without the lactase, but I'd feel horrible if I made him live with the side effects. It was bad enough when it was just me, the dog and the cats! Nobody should have to put up with that :wink:
  • JPW1990
    Options

Want another cake taker? :)

I have two of the pie takers. I use them a lot for transporting cheesecake to potluck events, and for keeping cheesecake in the fridge... because even I can't finish off a 9" cheesecake in a few days.

Mmm... cheesecake...

No thanks, the inherent problem with the cake taker is you can't see the cake inside, so forget it's there.
  • tiffboutin123
    tiffboutin123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't log food in cause I feel bad for eating it.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I have really enjoyed getting to know you all through this thread.

In case you're keeping track, T-18 days until my anniversary/ vacation trip.