Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    So I've finally walked the stage and received my diploma. I'm beat.

My mom took me to buy a swimsuit today because she's in the city and wanted to treat me to something before I go on vacation, and I had a lot of them to try. I liked the first one a lot, and felt ok about the following ones but felt myself getting more and more self-conscious. I finally summoned the courage to ask my mom what she thought of one of them, and the look on her face just sent my heart plummeting. She then said ''I... don't know about that...'' Obviously, she was most likely just reacting to the bathing suit rather than criticizing my body, but after that I looked back into the mirror and couldn't stop staring at every little flaw... especially my fat legs. She liked another one, though, the one that I liked the most anyway, and she left me alone to get dressed. I proceeded to have a mini panic attack and started to cry in the changing room because I just felt so ugly and fat. Blah. If I feel like that from having my mom look at me, I'm seriously terrified of how I will be on the beach... if I can even work up the courage to go out there.

I mean, it was a nice thing for her to buy me a swimsuit and I pretty much ruined my afternoon by getting all depressed. After that I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep... I need to start body lovin' instead of hating on it all the time.

We are our own worst enemies. Not every style looks good on every person - it doesn't mean there's something wrong with your body! Some styles just aren't flattering. Trying on clothes - especially bathing suits - can be incredibly upsetting, I know this from my own experiences, but there's nothing wrong with YOUR body, please just try to remember that
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    K. Finally caught up. My confession: Yesterday I liberally applied sunscreen as I went out to do some weeding. I applied to all of my typically applied areas. Went outside and enjoyed the nice sun. Last night my shoulder was bothering me and I figured it was a knot that I am planning to get massaged out. Nope. I wore my racer back shirt and completely forgot to apply sunscreen to my shoulder blades and now have a huge sunburn that almost looks like wings on my back. I am so mad because I really am a sunscreen nut in the summer. It is so painful.

Tell everyone it's from your Victoria's Secret audition ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*

I bolded both because I agree with both. I think there is a lot of emphasis on heavy lifting and I have browsed the 5x5 ( looks kind of scary). My goal isn't to be magazine cover fit, I am fine with being "average" with some squish as long as I can fit into regular sized clothes.

But I am also in @52cardpickup's camp because since I have been doing strength training, I love being able to help carry appliances in the house or lift the couch whereas before I struggled.

I lift weights to feel strong too, I'd love to have a good looking body but strength is my main goal now.

I love that I can scoff in the grocery store employee's faces when they ask "Do you need a hand out with that?". I love that I can lift my own boxes at work rather than waiting for a man to come do it (My feminist streak rages when I hear someone say this).

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oh my freaking goodness. I have taken 2 different kinds of allergy medicine*, and used the allergy Visine drops, and my eyes are still bloodshot and so so itchy. If this hadn't happened several summers in the past, I would seriously think I had pink eye. Dying. Anybody have any tricks/ home remedies? I sat with ice on my face most of last evening.

*Singulair and Allegra

Stay inside as much as possible. Use A/C (filters air a bit), shower before bed to make sure you don't have pollen stuck in your hair/around you all night. Minimize exposure to all known triggers (hayfever type and food type). Coffee helps me a bit, avoid sugar if you can. I know what you are going through and it is no fun.

Thank you! I will definitely try those things. It's to the point where the redness is all around my eyes. It looks like I was punched in the face.

You can buy special allergy glasses to wear outside, they're not prescription, they just prevent pollen from getting in your eyeballs. They look a little ridiculous, but they do help quite a bit. Also, remember to remove your clothes when you get inside if you've spent a lot of time outside. Anything you can do to reduce your exposure to pollen.

It kind of sounds like I'm advocating running around your house nude...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*

THIS (bold) is why I took up lifting.

And because it's easy. "Easy" in that it doesn't require grace or coordination or skill or athletic ability, all of which I lack. Just a basic awareness of your own body mechanics and the willingness to press on, even on those days when it feels like you've been run over by a truck (lorry for you Brits) and then thrown down a flight of stairs. At least that was my experience anyway... yoga bores me to tears, I can't do aerobics or zumba to save my life, never played sports, but I can pick up a barbell repeatedly. Hey, whaddya know, I'm good at something.

This weekend I walked around a garden center with a big spirea, two rhododendrons and a rose bush in my arms (it was a feat of balance as much as strength). Carried them to my car and put them in the trunk. I want to be able to do that 20 years from now, not be the frail little old lady waiting for the nice young man to help with the carryout.

Aesthetically, I've discovered that I like seeing muscles. Visible proof of all the work I've done. It keeps me motivated. I'm one of the ones who looked pretty good in clothes, but I wasn't too happy with the naked body that menopause has given me. I'm also learning my limitations -- there are some saggy bits that no amount of weightlifting is going to change.

I've seen it posted around these parts before but the key to "fitness" is to find an activity that you love and are going to stick with -- which isn't necessarily going to be the activity that someone else loves.

You, I like. You can stay in this thread ;)

I try Yoga. I love the stretching part but I can't get my Downward Dog to bend at all and I end up doing what I like to call the Flopping Fish instead. I like Zumba but I kina look like a deranged zebra. Walking fast and lifting weights is what I like more. I can do it, I don't need to be coordinated, it feels good to make my body move.

Lol. Good thing, I'm addicted to this thread and you wouldn't get rid of me anyway >:) Even having to catch up on 230 new posts at the end of the day yesterday didn't deter me.

I walk too. :) But if I look at the scenery too much or don't pay attention to where I'm putting my feet, I've been known to lurch and stumble. I'm THAT uncoordinated.

I think I've read all the posts but haven't been able to reply... welcome back @ShibaEars... congrats to all who have lost weight or reached goal... @Italian_Buju loving the pics of Little Rodent Boy's sweet little furry face (I've had to backtrack to see them, they don't show at work).

Not having kids, I've never seen Frozen or Finding Nemo or SpongeBob or any of those. I can probably identify the characters, however, solely from seeing the merchandise prominently displayed in stores.

I highly suggest you watch this! If no other "kid's" movie ever, watch Finding Nemo.

YASSS! :) Agree love, love, love this movie!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Oh my freaking goodness. I have taken 2 different kinds of allergy medicine*, and used the allergy Visine drops, and my eyes are still bloodshot and so so itchy. If this hadn't happened several summers in the past, I would seriously think I had pink eye. Dying. Anybody have any tricks/ home remedies? I sat with ice on my face most of last evening.

*Singulair and Allegra

I'm in the same boat. I just called my optomitrist (sp?) for an appt, but they can't get me in til next week. :'(

Dang it. I feel like it is especially bad this year. I was in line at the pharmacy the other day and like 8 people in front of me were there to pick up allergy medicine.

Last fall I started takingn an allergy pill daily, so almost a year now and it's been so incredibly helpful! In the past I'd start taking the pills daily and then stop but this time I have not! I'd recommend this to anyone who used to get allergy shots or anything of the sort (those used to be the only thing in the past that worked for me!)
  • JPW1990
    Options
    Confession: I just saw that I have 2 flags for alleged "spam". How did I spam you ask? Apparently replying to a thread about some city banning soda's in happy meals and saying it's none of their business what parents give their kids is spam. :lol: I swear, it is laughable the things that get flagged around here. I can't believe how abused the system is. I have been tempted to flag posts I didn't agree with... but I realize it's dumb to flag something just because I disagree.

Confession: I am a little sad that I got flagged. :'( It makes me feel like running away and never posting again. But reading and posting here feels like it will help me stay on track, so I guess it's a trade off. So I guess I will continue even though apparently someone out there doesn't like me (at least 2 people.. lol)

I have issues - technical issues when I post on my phone. I *may* have flagged someone entirely by accident and not even known it. I have never "on purpose" flagged someone.

Don't let a random stranger with a different opinion get you down. ((HUGS))

aww I will try not to. lol I don't mind differing opinions. I just feel like flag=bad=me. lol But I will keep that in mind that just because I got a flag maybe somebody did it on accident. And even if they didn't, I know that I did and said nothing wrong, so it's their issue, not mine. I just don't want to get in trouble. lol :open_mouth:

I'm pages behind, but someone may have already told you - flags are meaningless. The mods don't even look at them. The only way any post is brought to their attention is if it's reported. People who use flags are newbies who don't understand how anything works, or they're trolls trying to get a post hidden from sight without the mods knowing they're doing it (and it's not really hidden, people can still click on it to read it). They need at least 5 flags to get a report spammed away, and that's difficult to get 5 different people to do unless they're colluding somewhere else to team up on you.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    i get pint of ice cream, take half a cup and immediately put water in the remaining ice cream jar to make sure I don't have more. PS...yes I tried throwing it in the garbage but technically if the lid is still on, you can take it out and have some more ;-)

Could you purchase the tiny single serve cups? Even Ben & Jerry's has some of their flavors in those!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

*Singulair and Allegra

Stay inside as much as possible. Use A/C (filters air a bit), shower before bed to make sure you don't have pollen stuck in your hair/around you all night. Minimize exposure to all known triggers (hayfever type and food type). Coffee helps me a bit, avoid sugar if you can. I know what you are going through and it is no fun.

Thank you! I will definitely try those things. It's to the point where the redness is all around my eyes. It looks like I was punched in the face.

You can buy special allergy glasses to wear outside, they're not prescription, they just prevent pollen from getting in your eyeballs. They look a little ridiculous, but they do help quite a bit. Also, remember to remove your clothes when you get inside if you've spent a lot of time outside. Anything you can do to reduce your exposure to pollen.

It kind of sounds like I'm advocating running around your house nude...

Oh, nice! I will look for those. Hey, whatever works! ;)
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

*Singulair and Allegra

I'm in the same boat. I just called my optomitrist (sp?) for an appt, but they can't get me in til next week. :'(

Dang it. I feel like it is especially bad this year. I was in line at the pharmacy the other day and like 8 people in front of me were there to pick up allergy medicine.

Last fall I started takingn an allergy pill daily, so almost a year now and it's been so incredibly helpful! In the past I'd start taking the pills daily and then stop but this time I have not! I'd recommend this to anyone who used to get allergy shots or anything of the sort (those used to be the only thing in the past that worked for me!)

I should have kept taking mine, but I didn't. I started them again a few weeks ago. This time I will not stop. I'm so over it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    The stepdaughter did come by last night. She emptied the litter box and I assume fed/watered her cat. She was in the living room (with a friend she brought over without telling us) my husband and daughter. They were all chatting when I walked in. I said zero words to her, put away the groceries, and went to take a shower since I had just worked out.

Apparently, she told my husband and daughter that she was going to drop off her friend and come back. I don't feel I need to tell you this didn't happen.

My husband finally broke down last night and said "I don't know why she doesn't want to live with us." It was heartbreaking and I want to spank her for being such a little jerk to her dad.

Thank you for allowing me to vent incessantly about this on here. I really appreciate it.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    TW413.jpg

@Susieq_1994

Even if today is bad, you get to start over again tomorrow :)
  • heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession: I just saw that I have 2 flags for alleged "spam". How did I spam you ask? Apparently replying to a thread about some city banning soda's in happy meals and saying it's none of their business what parents give their kids is spam. :lol: I swear, it is laughable the things that get flagged around here. I can't believe how abused the system is. I have been tempted to flag posts I didn't agree with... but I realize it's dumb to flag something just because I disagree.

Confession: I am a little sad that I got flagged. :'( It makes me feel like running away and never posting again. But reading and posting here feels like it will help me stay on track, so I guess it's a trade off. So I guess I will continue even though apparently someone out there doesn't like me (at least 2 people.. lol)

You're in a special club. Our own dear Susieq got flagged for no obvious reason, which led to the phrase 'spammy pimples'. I sometimes wonder if people will assume I'm a spammer because of my name.

aww lol yea. I actually see a lot of posts flagged and I'm always like "why is that flagged?" lol I'm glad to know it's not just me being attacked. I take things personally, so it's hard to separate it from judgement.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    The stepdaughter did come by last night. She emptied the litter box and I assume fed/watered her cat. She was in the living room (with a friend she brought over without telling us) my husband and daughter. They were all chatting when I walked in. I said zero words to her, put away the groceries, and went to take a shower since I had just worked out.

Apparently, she told my husband and daughter that she was going to drop off her friend and come back. I don't feel I need to tell you this didn't happen.

My husband finally broke down last night and said "I don't know why she doesn't want to live with us." It was heartbreaking and I want to spank her for being such a little jerk to her dad.

Thank you for allowing me to vent incessantly about this on here. I really appreciate it.

How awful. That is really hurtful. Will he ask her why she is being this way, or is he more the type to just keep his feelings to himself? I feel like sometimes young adults and older teens don't realize how selfish they are being and a wake up call can help. I'm not sure if it would help in this situation though, but your husband may feel better if he at least tries to talk to her about what she is doing. That sucks.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

I'm stuggling with my feelings right now. :(

All of the NOPE! Not okay! It's cheating...

Thanks for the replies guys. This is why my heart is broken and I've been so (BEYOND) depressed lately. I haven't talked to him since last Sunday. I have cried every day.

I did the bad thing and checked on his phone because he's been so secretive (I was able to guess the password). I saw a lot of things that I never wanted to see.

I love him so I'm struggling with my feelings right now. I know most people can't change but maybe therapy? I don't know. I am in that strange place where I don't want to be without him but I don't want to be with him if he can't change. :'(

Sorry to complain. I feel like it's cheating too since it's a violation of trust and he is being inappropriate. We are going to meet up Friday to talk. This is the guy I've been with for almost 11 years.

Now is the time you prioritize YOUR best interests, long term. Don't be too hasty to make a decision. Think it through. Then think it through some more. Ask opinions from friends you can trust to give you a solid 'outside looking in' opinion.

Starting with question 1, and the most important, can YOU recover from this and eventually forgive him? Like truuuuly forgive him? As in once it's put to rest, never to be brought up or used as a tool to start a fight when you have a bad day? (It's ok to answer NO because you have done no wrong here).
    Question 2 is do you think he is truly remorseful for his actions and want to prove to you he can change? Or is he just sorry he got caught? The key here is him agreeing to YOUR terms in FULL. 100% disclosure with access everything sensitive... all emails, phone texts, phone bills, etc.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I had Taco Bell AND Braum's yesterday and still somehow managed to stay under my calorie goal. I'm pretty sure this is because I had a chicken salad for lunch that was a little more than 200 calories.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Seriously, how frustrating! And sad for your husband (and daughter..and you)!! :( Also, I'm betting she brought her friend over in hopes that it would keep from possibly getting "yelled at"....that's what I would have done when I was younger ;) Not that I was a bad child...
  • JPW1990
    Options

*Singulair and Allegra

My husband has it bad this year, so he's been spending a lot of time with cold compresses on his eyes (along with the multiple allergy meds, eye drops, etc). It helps short term, but he's still feeling it.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I like dirty dancing. I here there was a movie by that name, too. :)

Legitimate laugh out loud, and funny looks. Well done.

Greetings from page 815! (Now up to 833 but I'm making progress!)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    My confessions today:
    I got hooked on 'Da Vinci's demons' two days ago - I can not believe I have not seen this tv series earlier and there are 2 seasons out and 3rd coming soon!
    I'm back to work after 2 weeks holiday and I actually missed it a bit :blush:

It's a pretty fantastic show. I started at the beginning with zero expectations, and it has delivered quite well!