Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    That's a good way to put it- it felt like I was being treated as though I had committed a crime. Everyone would say ''So what are YOU in for?'' and I would say ''I don't know.'' Then they'd call me a liar. I did talk to a girl who claimed to have brought down a plane by screaming and punching people. I can understand why you panicked and I'm sorry :( I'm sure not all hospitals are like that one, and a good therapist can go a long way. I hope you're feeling better now, you deserve to be feeling your very best :)

I've had a similar experience (was only there for about three days though). But (please don't think bad of me) I saw all the different kinds of people there and I was just thinking to myself, I'm not as crazy as these people, why am I here?
    Don't worry, I actually thought the same way while I was in there. I think I was the only one to not get a tranquilizer in their butt :neutral:

EDIT: @Susieq_1994 You are such a talented writer!!! Thanks for sharing your work, I love it! It's inspiring too because I also love to write.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.

I always get excited when it's breakfast time & I can eat my Quest bar again. My favorite at the moment is White Chocolate Raspberry. I still want to try the mint one.

They are really good!

They ARE really good, but I will never eat another one. I don't know if it's the sugar alcohols or the fiber or what, but I was in distress after only half a bar.

The white chocolate raspberry is my favorite, too. No stomach upset ensues with that one.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Confession: I'm terribly immature and I giggle every time I see someone post a topic like "Tips for eating out."

I had to sit through safety training a couple months ago and the instructor kept saying "the erection of scaffolding" or "erecting scaffolding" and I giggled every time.

I'm still WAYYYY behind...but we have a client that operates cranes named "Gibbons Erection" ...

...and every time they pop up on my caller ID I picture a horny monkey abusing himself on the other end of the line.

one of my friends works for a waste disposal company and one of the shirts the company has says something along the lines of "home of the hookers" referring to the trucks with hooks to pull on containers. I giggle every time i see it lol.

Our favorite Mexican restaurant...the waiters wear shirts with pinatas on them and underneath it says "I'd hit that." :D
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Ok so kind of a weird question but does anyone own a 2013-2015 Honda Civic? It's on my short list of things to buy when I get a new vehicle and I'm just curious.

I do!

Do you like it? DH and I discussed it and I'm almost sold on getting it. I need a newer car anyway, but I wanted to make it my reward for getting to my ultimate goal weight and keeping it off for 6-9 mos, which should be about when I wanted to upgrade (spring-summer 2016).
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Hopping in the thread from almost a week ago. Said I have 2.2k NEW. Hahaha. Time to start fresh on page 916, I guess.

A lot of us are starting to do this, no worries :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Ok so kind of a weird question but does anyone own a 2013-2015 Honda Civic? It's on my short list of things to buy when I get a new vehicle and I'm just curious.

I do!

Do you like it? DH and I discussed it and I'm almost sold on getting it. I need a newer car anyway, but I wanted to make it my reward for getting to my ultimate goal weight and keeping it off for 6-9 mos, which should be about when I wanted to upgrade (spring-summer 2016).

I do like it very much, just renewed my lease after three years for another year! Honda's are fantastic- I haven't had anything wrong with that car in the three years I've had it (knock on wood) and the civic gets GREAT gas mileage! After this last year of leasing I plan on refinancing and buying mine. It's not my dream car as I love driving SUVs but it's affordable, reliable, and what is necessary right now. She's a good gal :)
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I drank a whole bottle of wine this past Saturday during a nice summer gathering with friends!!

:blush:

I often take a bath and use the remnant bath water to "wash/rinse" my workout clothes. I hang to dry the day after and use the clothes once before putting it into the wash. I also re-use my gray water for flushing down the toilet.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Does walking around target get considered exercise? ;)

Of course! I've had some of my best workouts there!

Absolutely! I walked around at target for 2 hrs today. Picked up 3 different cereals including chocolate lucky charms!!, and 3 fiber one brownie things. I get way too excited for new foods :smiley:
    Oh, my... am curious as to whether that version also happens to be "magically delicious"... ;)

...so what exactly did they do? -- did they chocolate-ize the 'cereal-cereal' bits (?), or (and?) add some chocolate marshmallows (?)...

bs5cgWe.jpg

q6EwfGl.jpg

Magically delicious is an understatement :smiley::wink:

Haven't tried those yet, but Froot Loop Marshmallows OMG they're so good! I could eat a box in one sitting.

Me, too! I can't buy them...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok so I’m still catching up, but hope everyone is well.
    I weighed myself this morning and I’m only 2.6 lb away from a normal BMI. I know, I know BMI is junk, but at least it’s something to measure myself with. I bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt this past weekend- it was supposed to be my “reward outfit” for losing 25 lb, but I’m only 2 lb away from that and desperately needed new jeans for work. So…17 lb left to lose til my ultimate goal and today I’m actually optimistic I can do it.

Awesome! You CAN do it.

Update: FIL is home from the hospital (as of Thursday night). So far things are going alright. He's still got to take it easy, and the meds will take time and multiple adjustments, but overall, things are peachy.
    NSV: Made it back to the gym to lift yesterday (SL5x5, how I've missed you), and it was AWESOME. Despite the spotty attendance the last few weeks month, I can now pull up more than half my body weight! Gonna hit up the gym for some cardio this evening, and get back into the swing of things.
    Confession: I want to eat everything marshmallow right now. It's 10:15am.

Glad that the FIL is home. That is good news.
    I’m very impressed with your ability to do pull ups that are half your weight! I have always had weakling arms and even after months of training, never was able to do a pull up.

The shop will usually give you a ride home. Just ask.

This is what I was going to say. I’ve always been able to get a ride home from the shop.

It's one of those things where I was all "THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO MEASURE PROGRESS" in my head at some point, and has since stuck. Someday, I will do it unassisted! (Same for dips, which are somehow "easier")
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Confession: I'm terribly immature and I giggle every time I see someone post a topic like "Tips for eating out."

I had to sit through safety training a couple months ago and the instructor kept saying "the erection of scaffolding" or "erecting scaffolding" and I giggled every time.

I'm still WAYYYY behind...but we have a client that operates cranes named "Gibbons Erection" ...

...and every time they pop up on my caller ID I picture a horny monkey abusing himself on the other end of the line.

one of my friends works for a waste disposal company and one of the shirts the company has says something along the lines of "home of the hookers" referring to the trucks with hooks to pull on containers. I giggle every time i see it lol.

Our favorite Mexican restaurant...the waiters wear shirts with pinatas on them and underneath it says "I'd hit that." :D

GENIUS
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Last night, I had a dream that I was at a wedding and it was time to eat cake. Of course, as soon as someone handed me a plate with a piece, my alarm went off at 4:45 a.m. for my morning run. I admit that I hit snooze and went back to sleep so I could eat it. lol

It was a chocolate cake with butter-creme chocolate icing and sprinkles. Weird wedding cake but who cares. It was so good... can't eat it while I'm awake so I indulged in my sleep. I woke up and ran my miles afterwards.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I do!

I do like it very much, just renewed my lease after three years for another year! Honda's are fantastic- I haven't had anything wrong with that car in the three years I've had it (knock on wood) and the civic gets GREAT gas mileage! After this last year of leasing I plan on refinancing and buying mine. It's not my dream car as I love driving SUVs but it's affordable, reliable, and what is necessary right now. She's a good gal :)

We have a 1999 Civic. Still going strong. Bought it used in 2003... Only had one issue with it with the muffler but it's because it sat without being driven for a few months.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

You are so adorable, I do not understand how you can hate on yourself!!

Don't you need your glasses while swimming if you wear them all the time? Mine come right with me in the pool. What about an older pair that you can use and if they get ruined no biggie?
    Thank you!! I feel like starting a journal just to fill with positive self-talk. I never get around to getting one, though. Trying to find a decent journal. And I might bring an older pair of glasses, but I'm thinking I'll be dunking my head in the water, etc. Perhaps not, though. I'll definitely wear them around the resort!
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    gl0pjp2t0ex8.jpg
    I'm learning. I was trying to post dog pictures but I'll post one of my hair. I think I officially have waist length hair finally. I change the length and style quite a bit but I've been enjoying it long so I let it grow. I've never been this long or even close before. Now I'm going in for a trim next week as it has been six months since the last time I had it trimmed. I didn't think it could get this long but it did! I had it in a very short bob in 2011. Edit to add, I didn't have or could not access dog pictures here on this ipad.

confession. I'm ridiculously pleased with myself over my hair growing. I But I have little control over my nails. Brittle and dry and break easily so I have to wear them short.

I guess I could add something weight related. I have maintained a 50+ pound weight loss for more than 12 years.

One advantage we ladies of diminutive stature have is our hair looks longer faster! Last year I cut about 10 inches off my hair to donate to a charity that makes wigs for children with cancer and other illnesses which cause hair loss, and I still had shoulder length hair left. I expect I'll grow it back for the next couple of years, and perhaps cut it off in one go to donate again. Gives me a sense of enormous well-being!

Good stuff!!

@FluffySandwich - I somehow missed the post about the hospital, but saw it in quotes (I do that often, not sure how), but wanted to say how sorry I am that happened! How awful, esp at a young age!
    I do the same thing :lol: At least, if anything, it was an ''interesting'' experience.
    amyford25 wrote: »
    Confession: I am being such a scaredy cat and I hate it! I started going to a gym last week with the intention of beginning strength training. I downloaded the stronglifts app and have watched the videos a billion times to get the form right. Every time I go in there and approach the weights, I see all those guys in that area doing their thing. I then turn around and go where all the women are and do the elliptical for 45 min. then go home. What is wrong with me? I thought I was a brave person until this... sigh.
    I think this is a common problem, at least I know I am the same way. I want to start strength training because I love the results other women are getting, but all the big men intimidate me. So on the cardio machines I stay :lol:

I went to the gym with my other half yeserday. He did 20 minutes on the ARC trainer, then briefly hit the shoulder and chest press.

I did a full StrongLifts 5x5 Workout A, pullups, dips, and assorted ab work in between sets (I can't sit around for 2 minutes!).

His biceps may be bigger than mine, but I can absolutely out squat him! :wink:
  • FluffySandwich
    edited June 2015
    Options

Don't you need your glasses while swimming if you wear them all the time? Mine come right with me in the pool. What about an older pair that you can use and if they get ruined no biggie?
    Thank you!! I feel like starting a journal just to fill with positive self-talk. I never get around to getting one, though. Trying to find a decent journal. And I might bring an older pair of glasses, but I'm thinking I'll be dunking my head in the water, etc. Perhaps not, though. I'll definitely wear them around the resort!
    gl0pjp2t0ex8.jpg
    I'm learning. I was trying to post dog pictures but I'll post one of my hair. I think I officially have waist length hair finally. I change the length and style quite a bit but I've been enjoying it long so I let it grow. I've never been this long or even close before. Now I'm going in for a trim next week as it has been six months since the last time I had it trimmed. I didn't think it could get this long but it did! I had it in a very short bob in 2011. Edit to add, I didn't have or could not access dog pictures here on this ipad.

confession. I'm ridiculously pleased with myself over my hair growing. I But I have little control over my nails. Brittle and dry and break easily so I have to wear them short.

I guess I could add something weight related. I have maintained a 50+ pound weight loss for more than 12 years.

One advantage we ladies of diminutive stature have is our hair looks longer faster! Last year I cut about 10 inches off my hair to donate to a charity that makes wigs for children with cancer and other illnesses which cause hair loss, and I still had shoulder length hair left. I expect I'll grow it back for the next couple of years, and perhaps cut it off in one go to donate again. Gives me a sense of enormous well-being!

Good stuff!!

@FluffySandwich - I somehow missed the post about the hospital, but saw it in quotes (I do that often, not sure how), but wanted to say how sorry I am that happened! How awful, esp at a young age!
    I do the same thing :lol: At least, if anything, it was an ''interesting'' experience.
    Confession: I am being such a scaredy cat and I hate it! I started going to a gym last week with the intention of beginning strength training. I downloaded the stronglifts app and have watched the videos a billion times to get the form right. Every time I go in there and approach the weights, I see all those guys in that area doing their thing. I then turn around and go where all the women are and do the elliptical for 45 min. then go home. What is wrong with me? I thought I was a brave person until this... sigh.
    I think this is a common problem, at least I know I am the same way. I want to start strength training because I love the results other women are getting, but all the big men intimidate me. So on the cardio machines I stay :lol:

I went to the gym with my other half yeserday. He did 20 minutes on the ARC trainer, then briefly hit the shoulder and chest press.

I did a full StrongLifts 5x5 Workout A, pullups, dips, and assorted ab work in between sets (I can't sit around for 2 minutes!).

WAY TO GO! Hopefully one day I can be more like you :tongue: Pullups have always been incredibly difficult for me.

EDIT: Who needs big biceps when you can have an excellent booty? ;)

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 –For some reason it wouldn’t let me quote your post but I wanted to say that was a beautiful/sad poem. Your writing really connects with me.

I'm working at the front desk while my knee heals and there was a flower delivery for someone. I got really excited when she said my name for a minute thinking maybe it was for me (yay someone was thinking of me...). They were for the one other person in the company that has the same first name as me. :|
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

gl0pjp2t0ex8.jpg

Good stuff!!

WAY TO GO! Hopefully one day I can be more like you :tongue: Pullups have always been incredibly difficult for me.

I was an absolute SPAZ when I first started lifting**. I eventually figured it out by going at off peak times when the gym was virtually empty, so it was impossible to feel like anyone was watching me. As I got more comfortable with it, I stopped even noticing if anyone was around and resumed normal gym attendance hours.

**I'm still a total spaz, but that's just my natural ability to be a klutz. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Had been doing really well staying within my calories the past 3 to 4 weeks- today is going to ruin that streak. There were cupcakes in the break room and I definitely took one and all the excess frosting other people left behind. Seriously one cupcake and then enough icing for about 3. WHOOPS.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    111grace wrote: »
    Hi I put this on a post & got crucified. I was just feeling bad.
    "

Thank You God I am saved by your Grace, I appreciate that a lot.

I don't know if there is a post already like this. If there is I am sorry for creating another one, I did not find it.

I don't want to put it on my news feed, & derail anyone.

But I have to get it of my chest, to feel lighter.

Today is cold, as you know God, and I went to the shop & could not resist buying this packet of chips/chipniks, which is 558 calories over, putting me in the red. I am sorry, but I also wanted to eat it. I was stressed when I sat in the car, had a happy moment with the suns rays streaming through the clouds, & Happy was playing on the radio. I should have sat with just that, but I had to push the pleasure & opened that book, at that page it talked about dying today, & have I done everything I was supposed to do!! that was awful.

Thank you for my chips., love it, but also know its wrong, because its part of the problem of wrong choices that derailed me. Feeling bad but still eating it!!

"
    but

The aim was not religion, sorry about that guys. It was about feeling bad. and I did not know what to do about it. I needed to talk about it but did not know who to tell. ( did not want to derail anybody, hoped somebody who is stronger now and been though those feelings, knows what it feels like, would drop a note about how to deal with it.) It is feeling bad that got me down, into the obese zone.

Thanks for the advice to bring it here instead. I found the big ( no pun intended) part of becoming obese in the first place was those feelings of feeling bad, guilty, yet still doing the bad behavior , like a smoker trying to quit.
    Sorry you felt attacked. I'm afraid I don't really understand what you're saying though. You were just feeling bad about eating things you hadn't planned, and since you're a religious person, addressing it to God seemed natural to you?

I don't think there's anything wrong with eating chips if you enjoy them and they will fit into your daily calorie allowance. Please don't feel 'sinful' about it. Everyone knows Jesus' favourite flavour is sour cream and onion. Sorry, just kidding there.

Hang around - nobody will judge you here!