Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Next week is my birthday. I am already dreading it. My son wants to take me out for dinner, my husband wants to take me out for dinner, my dad want to take me out for lunch, we are having multiple birthday (4 of us clumped within 3 days) celebration, my mother wants to bake a cake for me and...I just want to hide from all that food.

Yeah that sounds both amazing and dreadful.

So today I'm tired, hungry, and in pain. And hot. NOT a good mix.
  • nerd32015
    nerd32015 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    nerd32015 wrote: »
    confession time, let's see... I haven't eaten anything today, but I had a chocolate milk to take my meds before bed

Not judging, but this doesn't sound at all healthy! Why didn't you eat anything, are you unwell or purposefully restricting? If the latter, please be kind to yourself and don't do this to your body--it needs fuel to function.

I was unwell today and have had a few sleepless nights so I basically just slept most of the day, which is another reason why I wasn't eating, don't worry, not purposely restricting
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Next week is my birthday. I am already dreading it. My son wants to take me out for dinner, my husband wants to take me out for dinner, my dad want to take me out for lunch, we are having multiple birthday (4 of us clumped within 3 days) celebration, my mother wants to bake a cake for me and...I just want to hide from all that food.

Challenge them to prepare a healthy meal for you. Each one can bring a dish! If they are clueless in the kitchen, give them recipes or look at your local restaurant's menus and decide which one has the most options that work for you! My favorite Birthday present, more than 22 years ago I came home from work and found my former husband cooking me dinner with my son. The kitchen was a disaster, the food was mediocre, but the genuine effort was priceless.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
    I would have told her the truth, nicely. I would never lie to a friend about something like that.
    Also, I would be really pissed if someone let me walk around thinking I looked great if I looked awful.
    What wording would you have used? Particularly if she thought she looked great?

That outfit does not sit on you very well. Why don't you try (whatever suggestion or alternate clothes I might have).
    Ok, I get it, but I don't think I could ever say that to someone who wasn't asking for an opinion. I bought a new dress yesterday which I love and feel great in. I wore it to a family party last night and several people said nice things about it and how I looked in it. I would have been pretty upset if someone had pulled me aside and told me it looked bad.
    Ok, I am gonna confess that I might not even be that nice about it......

It might go something more like this:

Friend walks into the room in new outfit

Me: WTF is up with that outfit? It's terrible, did the place not have mirrors??

I can be pretty crass about such things to be quite honest.....
    On the flip side, if something looks good, I will say so, and everybody knows I mean it.

Perhaps it does not come off on this thread, but I am known to be quite blunt and straight forward.....about looks, behaviors and opinions.....however, when I say looks, I do not mean I am shallow.....I do not judge anyone for things they cannot control. I only mean when someone clearly is an error in judgement, like having fat rolls hanging out the bottom of your shirt, or being filthy all the time etc.

Huh, nope, cold not do that :).
    No, me neither, and I'd cry if someone said that to me.
    I'd burst into tears if someone told me that :( All my mom had to do was make a face and say "I.... don't know about that [outfit],'' and I had to have a small cry in the changing room. To be fair I am extremely insecure.
    confession time, let's see... I haven't eaten anything today, but I had a chocolate milk to take my meds before bed

Not judging, but this doesn't sound at all healthy! Why didn't you eat anything, are you unwell or purposefully restricting? If the latter, please be kind to yourself and don't do this to your body--it needs fuel to function.

I was unwell today and have had a few sleepless nights so I basically just slept most of the day, which is another reason why I wasn't eating, don't worry, not purposely restricting
    Happens to me too sometimes. Or I just don't have anything to eat... or I am too tired to prepare something. Last night I made pasta for my boyfriend, and I accidentally put less pasta in the pot than I meant to, so there wasn't enough for me to have any. Rather than just boil up some more pasta (''didn't feel like it''), I just ate a few spoonfuls of the beef sauce. I had a bottle of wine, though :neutral:
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Really proud of my dad today, he's riding in The Tour de Cure in Cincinnati for my brother who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last December at the age of 20. My dad loves to cycle but he hasn't done 100 miles in a long time! I hope to be able to join him next year!

yay! hope it went well :smile:
  • FluffySandwich
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm compiling a list of what to bring to my two-week Dominican Republic trip. I'm thinking a few dresses, shorts, tank tops (or t-shirts), bug spray, sunscreen, aloe vera, pepto bismol, band-aids, flip flops, hats, hand sanitizer, and dressier sandals for resort restaurants.

Does anyone have any tips or recommend something I might have missed? I have zero experience with resorts.

EDIT: Oh, and probably at least three bathing suits.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Huh. I was thinking something completely different, but couldn't figure out how it related to food or weight loss.

Yeah, that was the only thing I could think of too.....also, way earlier in the thread, someone was talking about cbt, also means something different to me, :open_mouth:

cognitive behavioral therapy...? What else does it mean? o:

Er, I thought someone that thought of the Doms thing might have known :p
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I
    would be, and that it would be me and my dog who would get the blame.
    Your house your rules. Kids can see the dog when the are sitting quietly. Bring dog out. Talk to kids and explain then put dog in a quiet room away from kids. Calm but firm. You know that Any dog has the potential to harm and you are not willing to put the kids, the dog, or yourself in a potentially bad situation. If friend doesn't like it a firm calm restating of your boundaries. I love you and your kids. I love dog. I'm not willing to have the kids at risk by the dog reacting to their attempts to play. Dog is not a toy and is not used to kids. Kids are inadvertently acting in a manner that dog can see as a threat. End of discussion. Don't be bullied into a situation that you are not comfortable being in.

I agree with all of this ...but I wouldn't want to have to put my dog in another room. We had a very grumpy Dachshund with a lot of medical problems. Our guests were always told what they were allowed/not allowed to do around him. It was his house too..he shouldn't have to be put away. Your friend needs to respect your house and your rules...your dog shouldn't have to suffer and be shut away(IMO).
    And now I'm sad talking about him because today actually marks the one year anniversary of his death. He was 15.5 years old. RIP <3
    <3
    Has anyone watched that new show The Briefcase?

I watched an episode the other night

May I ask what you think of it?
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Huh. I was thinking something completely different, but couldn't figure out how it related to food or weight loss.

Yeah, that was the only thing I could think of too.....also, way earlier in the thread, someone was talking about cbt, also means something different to me, :open_mouth:

cognitive behavioral therapy...? What else does it mean? o:

Er, I thought someone that thought of the Doms thing might have known :p
    AHAHAHA! :lol:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    NSV
    My daughter age 16 as I've mentioned has some struggles with her relationship with food and her body image. She is at a perfect weight and is healthy. She is doing pretty well the last few weeks.

She lives primarily with me. She is interning with me this summer. We spend tons of time together as her friends are almost all out of town.

As I am at a healthy weight and as she is around constantly I am not measuring or weighing or logging food. I have lost five pounds in three months. I'm absolutely thrilled with that. The best part is she doesn't know that I am actually working on weight loss. When I told her I wanted sleep more than a run this morning her answer was "well it's not like you are trying to lose weight so you don't have that added motivation. " I am so glad she has not caught on that I am working on my weight. That sounds weird but this very slow small loss is my goal. :smiley:

I'm glad she is not negatively impacted by it.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I'm compiling a list of what to bring to my two-week Dominican Republic trip. I'm thinking a few dresses, shorts, tank tops (or t-shirts), bug spray, sunscreen, aloe vera, pepto bismol, band-aids, flip flops, hats, hand sanitizer, and dressier sandals for resort restaurants.

Does anyone have any tips or recommend something I might have missed? I have zero experience with resorts.

Sounds great have fun!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    NSV
    My daughter age 16 as I've mentioned has some struggles with her relationship with food and her body image. She is at a perfect weight and is healthy. She is doing pretty well the last few weeks.

She lives primarily with me. She is interning with me this summer. We spend tons of time together as her friends are almost all out of town.

As I am at a healthy weight and as she is around constantly I am not measuring or weighing or logging food. I have lost five pounds in three months. I'm absolutely thrilled with that. The best part is she doesn't know that I am actually working on weight loss. When I told her I wanted sleep more than a run this morning her answer was "well it's not like you are trying to lose weight so you don't have that added motivation. " I am so glad she has not caught on that I am working on my weight. That sounds weird but this very slow small loss is my goal. :smiley:

You're dealing with this very sensitively and carefully, but looking after yourself at the same time. That's a massive NSV! Great job!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    It is 1pm and I just woke up!! I almost never sleep like this.....in my defense, I woke up at 5:20am for work yesterday, worked ten hours and then stayed up until almost 2am waiting for my son to get home from work.

It sucks that it is a Sunday, such a busy day, and I wasted half of it....I have grocery shopping, meal prep, baking, laundry, menu planning and other chores to do today.....I will be lucky if I am sitting down eating dinner by 10pm cuz I lost the beginning of my day.
    :(
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    NSV

I can't edit on the phone. She's planning our meals for the week. We are eating yummy stuff! She is also gf dairy free and egg free. Sadly she inherited my inability to properly digest those very tasty staples as well.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eignara wrote: »
    When I watch workout videos on Youtube, I'm never flexible enough to do the moves or I just can't figure out how to do it. My body just won't, and I get too tired before the video ends. Usually, they are about 15 minutes long. Then I get discouraged and go to sleep :/

You just have to adopt the mindset that ANYTHING you do is better than NOTHING. Fire up a video & do as much as you can. Then, the next day, fire up the same video & try to go 1 minute longer. After awhile you'll surprise yourself!

I always said I'd NEVER be a runner. Then I hurt my shoulder, so the treadmill was my only way to exercise. Started walking, then started walking for 4 minutes, jogging for 1, etc. Over time started jogging more, then sprinting...and now I run 5 miles every other day.

It took a couple of years to get there....but as long as you push yourself a little more each time, you'll get there!

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

Brings to mind this scene from Office Space:

On what he'd do if he had a million dollars:

Peter: "I would relax...I would sit on my @ss all day...I would do nothing."

Lawrence: "Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do *kitten*!"

Well, it DOES feel good to be a gangsta. And more than one occasion, I've wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to our copier at work.

Apparently excellent taste runs in this thread!

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

When are you going? I'm going for 2 weeks on 15th July. My boyfriend has been reading up and apparently you should cover your arms and legs in the evening to avoid mosquito bites.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Eignara wrote: »
    When I watch workout videos on Youtube, I'm never flexible enough to do the moves or I just can't figure out how to do it. My body just won't, and I get too tired before the video ends. Usually, they are about 15 minutes long. Then I get discouraged and go to sleep :/

You just have to adopt the mindset that ANYTHING you do is better than NOTHING. Fire up a video & do as much as you can. Then, the next day, fire up the same video & try to go 1 minute longer. After awhile you'll surprise yourself!

I always said I'd NEVER be a runner. Then I hurt my shoulder, so the treadmill was my only way to exercise. Started walking, then started walking for 4 minutes, jogging for 1, etc. Over time started jogging more, then sprinting...and now I run 5 miles every other day.

It took a couple of years to get there....but as long as you push yourself a little more each time, you'll get there!

Very nice and great inspiration.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    NSV

You're dealing with this very sensitively and carefully, but looking after yourself at the same time. That's a massive NSV! Great job!
    Thank you

• kbwilson76
    kbwilson76 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There was a festival down the street (sangria and deep fried oreos).

I prepped that day by hitting the gym extra hard before going, and walking 5hrs (mostly shopping around Chinatown...it counts) total around Manhattan the next day.

I was still under calories with the extra exercise, and I don't feel bad at all and it was delicious! :p