Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just saw this and had to repost, even though I don't really believe in 'cheating' or 'diets' any more:
    Ok that didn't work. Go here and watch the little cat video.
    https://www.facebook.com/HeartCambridgeshire/videos/vb.134821283212010/1073637902663672/?type=3&permPage=1
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Thanks @MoHousdon and @Glinda1971. Tomorrow will be better. I had a friend die of a heart attack, it was my son's weekend with his dad (that's never a good thing) and I ate way to much. On a positive note though I was down a half pound on my weigh in this morning.

I will add my condolences. That is really hard. And scary when so close to home. Take care of yourself.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Do any of you actually send messages to your MFP friends if they've disappeared for a period of time? There are a couple people that I like and would hate to see quit, but I'm not sure what to say and if it's weird to send them a "where are you" message.

I've done that once or twice. It's usually something like, "Hey, are you still with us? Hope all is well."

I have only done it once because I don't have many friends, and the ones I do have are either personal friends or ones that I have engaged in here...and I was worried about this person. She just needed a break. But I miss her!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

Shoot you'd be my best friend! I LOVE scents, that's typically what I ask for around birthday/Christmas- You can never have too much Tory Burch!!

Edited for spelling :s

Do you own any of her flats? If so, are they comfy?

My biggest designer regret was buying Joe Jeans, because the butt got extremely saggy. Luckily I bought them at www.6pm.com & didn't pay full retail.

I give way too much money to 6pm.com :/ And yes I have two pairs of her flats and they're comfy - I love all her stuff!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

I have been reading just not posting. Was kind of a bummer of a weekend and didn't want to drag anyone down

I am not slowing down! I just had a SUPER busy weekend. 20 pages to catch up on now!
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I snacked all morning and into afternoon (1pm) with my kids. Knowing I was sabotaging myself. So now, it's 2:46pm and I am starving and have 736 calories to last me the rest of the day. smh!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I want back dimples! I can finally see my spine (in fact now hard backed chairs hurt)...but no dimples. This makes me sad!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol
    I don't think anything boosts the self-esteem more than trying on and fitting into smaller sizes, and realising they actually look great!

You go Glen Coco!

The last line of this post is why I wish you were my mom, SO COOL LADY!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol

Congratulations! I refuse to go shopping...as I am basically shopping in my closet with all the clothes I got too fat for! Its nice to slowly work my way back into all the clothes I bought 4 years ago when I lost all the weight last time. Good for your wife dragging you out!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

They're not dimples but I always wanted freckles :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I snacked all morning and into afternoon (1pm) with my kids. Knowing I was sabotaging myself. So now, it's 2:46pm and I am starving and have 736 calories to last me the rest of the day. smh!

Oh wow 736 calories left at 2.46pm is a good day for me LOL.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Oh wow 736 calories left at 2.46pm is a good day for me LOL.

lol I get some 1800+ and normally save most for this time on ....now I'm screwed! lol
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My out-of-town work trip got cancelled at the last minute. I confess I am super excited. I did NOT want to go. The reason I did not want to go? My 11-year-old son starts his job tomorrow and I want to be the one to drop him off and pick him up and ask him how it went. He got this job set up all on his own, working for his uncle in uncle's cabinet shop. I'm super proud of him and did not want to miss his first day. :)

That is great! Most 11 year olds I know just expect their parents to pay for everything. Good for you and your husband for encouraging him.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I don't think anything boosts the self-esteem more than trying on and fitting into smaller sizes, and realising they actually look great!

You go Glen Coco!

Haha! It's unavoidable in my house. Anyone picking anyone else up in the car is required to shout "Get in loser, we're going shopping". We're all actually fluent in movie quotes. They come and go, but since last night was a re-watch of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, today there's lots of London slang and "It's been emotional"s.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, on a good note...
    My sister and I hung out Saturday morning and she took me to a ferret rescue place because she loves ferrets. This rescue place takes in any ferret that needs help and they try to help and adopt as many as they can and keep the rest safe for the rest of their lives. I went ahead and sponsored two of the ferrets and made my donations to them. They were really cute.

They put a story about us on their website and I don't look as bad as I thought I would. I kept thinking, 'ugh I don't want my picture taken'. I can finally see that I look different than before and you couldn't tell that I was crying (about the whole boyfriend thing) earlier that morning. So, I'm okay with the pictures being online.

Good for you! I have heard great things about ferrets. Do you think you will adopt one?
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

They're not dimples but I always wanted freckles :(

I used to get freckles across my nose and cheekbones when I went skiing. Only time ever and I didn't really understand it
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Congratulations! I refuse to go shopping...as I am basically shopping in my closet with all the clothes I got too fat for! Its nice to slowly work my way back into all the clothes I bought 4 years ago when I lost all the weight last time. Good for your wife dragging you out!
    Exactly the same for me too - I'm now back in pretty much everything at my (recent) smallest size. It makes it way too easy to think about staying at this weight, even though I'm still 9lbs away from my first goal.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

You go Glen Coco!

Haha! It's unavoidable in my house. Anyone picking anyone else up in the car is required to shout "Get in loser, we're going shopping". We're all actually fluent in movie quotes. They come and go, but since last night was a re-watch of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, today there's lots of London slang and "It's been emotional"s.

And none for Gretchen Weiners, bye! Haha that's a movie I could quote beginning to end, I love it!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm trying to behave and focus on work....

I'm also doing serious research. This research is about what chocolates to bring to a wine and chocolate pairing that will be part of my SO (and my) 4th of Jul party. I got very distracted with some truffles. Just the pictures and descriptions. The only sweet I care for at all is dark chocolate. Fine. Dark. Chocolate. I saw a truffle called Naked Hottie Fudge Truffle. One called Blame Canada. One called E=mc^2. Must get back to work. I have another mini-vacation coming up this Friday - Tues and need to get stuff done. Chocolate.

Edit because I have can't apply grammar well, or spell. :smiley: I had some interesting, experimental education in my earlier days thanks to a very hippy, rural upbringing. I don't think grammar was actually even covered in all of my education and spelling.... barely.