Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Finally finished sending off my CSQ and post-graduate work permit application for Canada. THAT'S done. Too bad I have to now look forward to applying for my permanent residency. So much money, too!! :cry:
    I feel for you - we had to do that every 5 years until we got our citizenship in December. Family of five! CIC is not our friend. How long are they taking these days?
    I just looked around online and it seems as though I'll have to wait around 100 days for my post-graduation work permit. The CSQ might take me over 15 months, it seems :weary: I didn't know that... I hope I somehow made a mistake because that is a long time.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

It has been getting quieter over the last couple days, which is too bad, but it's also good because I don't have as much to catch up on! Lol. Some people are away on vacation.

And, if everyone is having a day like today, they are kind of cranky and don't have anything helpful to add :wink: It seems like everyone around my work is a little cranky today, maybe it's even more widespread?

Yea I'm having a bad day too. It's been one of those months for me (and a lot of people here). We all seem more stressed out lately.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, on a good note...
    My sister and I hung out Saturday morning and she took me to a ferret rescue place because she loves ferrets. This rescue place takes in any ferret that needs help and they try to help and adopt as many as they can and keep the rest safe for the rest of their lives. I went ahead and sponsored two of the ferrets and made my donations to them. They were really cute.

They put a story about us on their website and I don't look as bad as I thought I would. I kept thinking, 'ugh I don't want my picture taken'. I can finally see that I look different than before and you couldn't tell that I was crying (about the whole boyfriend thing) earlier that morning. So, I'm okay with the pictures being online.
    Wow, good for you! That's lovely.

Ok, question (be honest): Was it smelly at the ferret place?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    As previously mentioned, my friend & her two kids came over - thanks for everyone's tips & support regarding them and my dog! My dog was the "bad" one though, she wouldn't stop barking at them even though they were relatively well behaved. (I definitely need to see a trainer to correct this before she bites anyone.)

Anyway, they came over for ice cream - I had a big serving (ice cream, chocolate chips, the chocolate syrup that hardens - yum). Then they left and I had another big sundae. Yesterday my mom made me brunch (French toast & bacon), then I went to a movie and ate a whole popcorn and bag of candy. Then in the evening I ate MORE ice cream, with a poptart crumbled on top, just because.

None of that fits with my current nutrition plan, so nobody tell my trainer! :
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Finally finished sending off my CSQ and post-graduate work permit application for Canada. THAT'S done. Too bad I have to now look forward to applying for my permanent residency. So much money, too!! :cry:
    I feel for you - we had to do that every 5 years until we got our citizenship in December. Family of five! CIC is not our friend. How long are they taking these days?
    I just looked around online and it seems as though I'll have to wait around 100 days for my post-graduation work permit. The CSQ might take me over 15 months, it seems :weary: I didn't know that... I hope I somehow made a mistake because that is a long time.
    I honestly don't know what they do at CIC? It takes SO LONG for anything to happen. Our Skilled Worker applications took 9 months to process (in 2001/2) but our friends' took FOUR YEARS! How can something take that long?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    As previously mentioned, my friend & her two kids came over - thanks for everyone's tips & support regarding them and my dog! My dog was the "bad" one though, she wouldn't stop barking at them even though they were relatively well behaved. (I definitely need to see a trainer to correct this before she bites anyone.)

Anyway, they came over for ice cream - I had a big serving (ice cream, chocolate chips, the chocolate syrup that hardens - yum). Then they left and I had another big sundae. Yesterday my mom made me brunch (French toast & bacon), then I went to a movie and ate a whole popcorn and bag of candy. Then in the evening I ate MORE ice cream, with a poptart crumbled on top, just because.

I'm writing an email right now.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

It has been getting quieter over the last couple days, which is too bad, but it's also good because I don't have as much to catch up on! Lol. Some people are away on vacation...

And, if everyone is having a day like me today, they are kind of cranky and don't have anything helpful to add :wink: It seems like everyone around my work is a little cranky today, maybe it's even more widespread?

ETA: because apparently I felt like leaving out words.

Raises hand. I'm sad because I cannot keep up, but I'm busy with work today and I'm grumpy. Just reading along with everyone, though. I'll snap out of it soon, I'm sure.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My out-of-town work trip got cancelled at the last minute. I confess I am super excited. I did NOT want to go. The reason I did not want to go? My 11-year-old son starts his job tomorrow and I want to be the one to drop him off and pick him up and ask him how it went. He got this job set up all on his own, working for his uncle in uncle's cabinet shop. I'm super proud of him and did not want to miss his first day. :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what they do at CIC? It takes SO LONG for anything to happen. Our Skilled Worker applications took 9 months to process (in 2001/2) but our friends' took FOUR YEARS! How can something take that long?
    FOUR YEARS?? That seems insane. I just looked at the skilled worker processing times and you're right! If New York City is processing your application you have to wait 40 months. For me it looks like it would be closer to 15 months, which is still over a year :cry:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I now have antibiotics and my face, although swollen, hasn't been overly sore today compared to yesterday.

And I've had an afternoon nap.

Sorry I haven't been around much today.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    BZAH did you really send a scale to that single dad on the other thread? You're awesome.
    Also, sounds like everyone needs a visit from our special friend, Mr Shark:
    c33t4bpcs7g4.jpg
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    I saw that on his diary and that was my thought too!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    AH, the shark makes everything better.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

Shoot you'd be my best friend! I LOVE scents, that's typically what I ask for around birthday/Christmas- You can never have too much Tory Burch!!

Edited for spelling :s

Do you own any of her flats? If so, are they comfy?

My biggest designer regret was buying Joe Jeans, because the butt got extremely saggy. Luckily I bought them at www.6pm.com & didn't pay full retail.
  • Tubbs216
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I now have antibiotics and my face, although swollen, hasn't been overly sore today compared to yesterday.

Really hope they help. I had a hideous experience with an abscessed tooth a few years back and was quite traumatized by it for a while. It's one of the worst pains - I feel for you. The meds should work in a couple of days. I don't know if it will help you, but the most comforting thing I found was drinking hot tea and holding the tea in my mouth against the sore tooth for a few seconds before swallowing. It sounds odd but it relieved the pain for a little while.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, on a good note...
    My sister and I hung out Saturday morning and she took me to a ferret rescue place because she loves ferrets. This rescue place takes in any ferret that needs help and they try to help and adopt as many as they can and keep the rest safe for the rest of their lives. I went ahead and sponsored two of the ferrets and made my donations to them. They were really cute.

They put a story about us on their website and I don't look as bad as I thought I would. I kept thinking, 'ugh I don't want my picture taken'. I can finally see that I look different than before and you couldn't tell that I was crying (about the whole boyfriend thing) earlier that morning. So, I'm okay with the pictures being online.
    Wow, good for you! That's lovely.

Ok, question (be honest): Was it smelly at the ferret place?

Haha you gave me a good laugh. :) It was a little but for the most part they keep everything clean. It mainly smelled a little like a zoo. But ferrets are pretty cute and funny. Ferrets aren't too bad unless they still have their glands.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I'm writing an email right now.

NOOOOO!!!!

I'll deny everything.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

While at Target Saturday, I got the popcorn and soda combo. The popcorn was unbelievable good and the Cherry Coke was really refreshing. I didn't feel at all guilty about having them or the giant piece of chocolate cake and 2 scoops of Half Baked later that evening. I ate a lot that day (not really because we didn't eat breakfast) but still managed to stay under my calorie goal. As a matter of fact, I think I stayed under all weekend. I'm hoping I can be more disciplined with my food this week and next since I can't do intense workouts until my leg heals a little more.

Unlike @Tubbs216 I promise I won't tell your trainer.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    AH, the shark makes everything better.

Super great.
  • Glinda1971
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Really hope they help. I had a hideous experience with an abscessed tooth a few years back and was quite traumatized by it for a while. It's one of the worst pains - I feel for you. The meds should work in a couple of days. I don't know if it will help you, but the most comforting thing I found was drinking hot tea and holding the tea in my mouth against the sore tooth for a few seconds before swallowing. It sounds odd but it relieved the pain for a little while.

Thanks. I did that with my coffee this morning. Whiskey works to numb it as well. Edit-I won't be having any whiskey with my penicillin.

*goes off to make some tea*