Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol
    I don't think anything boosts the self-esteem more than trying on and fitting into smaller sizes, and realising they actually look great!

You go Glen Coco!

The last line of this post is why I wish you were my mom, SO COOL LADY!
    Haha! It's unavoidable in my house. Anyone picking anyone else up in the car is required to shout "Get in loser, we're going shopping". We're all actually fluent in movie quotes. They come and go, but since last night was a re-watch of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, today there's lots of London slang and "It's been emotional"s.
    Me and my boyfriend just use random quotes that probably no one else knows about. For example there is a show here, not sure if you've seen it (or you may have seen the older one they did before) where they've followed people who were giving birth around the new year 2000. They show it every few years to see how the kids are growing up and developing differently. I actually really love this show and now want to know when it'll be on next. They'll be 15 now! But one year when they were about 5 or 6 they were showing them logos and one of the kids said 'i've been to tesco', in quite a sing-song way, when shown the logo for a large supermarket. We now never, ever make a trip to tesco without announcing 'i've been to tesco'.

I now feel super uncool compared to you with your lock stock quotes...
    I think I might have heard of that -my son was born in 2000 so it rings a bell - I thought at first you meant the 'x Up' programmes. I've been following those for years and years, and recently watched 56 Up. What a fascinating experiment that is - really revolutionary for the its time. Is this other one similar?

Yes, it's called child of our time, and was the same thing as the 7 up etc ones (I think basically a remake for the new millennium). Are the original ones on you tube or something then? I've watched child of our time from the beginning, but I'm too young for the others, although I didn't realise they were still going. I'd love to go back and watch them as well, I find them so fascinating.
    It's on Netflix here. Can't find it on Youtube here but here's the trailer.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C-u7reHIWs
    For anyone reading and wondering what we're talking about, it's a TV documentary that started in 1964 with a bunch of 7 year old children who were interviewed about their lives, aspirations etc. They've been followed every 7 years since, and are now 56 years old. It's really fascinating, and sometimes very surprising, to see how their lives have panned out (very diverse backgrounds - orphanages to very financially privileged kids).

Wish I'd watched it on Netflix when I was over there instead of trying and failing to get into friends again (sorry @LBuehrle8 - I know that's very offensive to you!). Anyone over there with Netflix you should definitely give it a go. I'm sure you'd also enjoy the variety of regional British accents.

Haha no offense taken but I can't understand how one cannot get into Friends! @Mohousdon did you see this?!

I did now. I can't make that make sense in my brain.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:
  • MillahTurneur
    MillahTurneur Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I don't wash my gym cloths too often. I assume it comes from not having a washer and dryer at home as a child so I never brought my PE cloths home for wash... I have no excuse now. But They all kinda sit in the hamper for the week... until I get the gusto to clean them. *shrug* I don't really care to much though.

Um. I'm a super bad binge eater. Like... when I go on cuts I have to RUIN FOOD IE: Run water over them or dump used cat litter over the lot so I can't go back and get the packaged food. Also, I don't know when enough is enough in a lot of cases. Even if I reach my goal... I always always start a new one. Sometimes my boyfriend has to like... stop me.

It's been a long time issue.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

Haha no definitely not just you! That's part of putting on the sweats phase- boy shorts, sweat pants, and a baggy t-shirt, no bra ! It's a really hot look let me tell you

PJs or yoga pants or running sorts, tee shirt and definitely the removal of all under clothes comes after the contacts. I do have to feed all the cats first though.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

That's definitely cheaper than the Jeni's at $12.00 a pint.

I wish stores around me carried Gelato Fiacso.

Did you hear about Jeni's ice cream in Columbus, Ohio? I think it's only affected the ice cream here but I'm not 100% sure!

According to their website they just did another recall from Listeria. I had ordered four pints off their website before the first recall & ended up throwing The Brambleberry Crisp away after hearing about the recall. Well I won't lie, I mostly threw that one out cause I didn't care for the flavor.

I had ordered Savannah Buttermint (Easter exclusive)=really good, Goat Cheese & Red Cherries=pretty good, Brown Butter Almond Brittle=I devoured that pint in no time.

The other brand Blue Bell that suffered with the Listeria issue I have never seen in PA stores. We have Blue Bunny (crappy ice cream), Turkey Hill (most of the flavors are good), Breyers, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Talenti.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay only made it to page 915 but really need a pedicure. Will check in later and keep reading backwards and forwards...gets confusing sometimes!

Oooh enjoy the pedi!!

I am! But I hate when they don't even try to talk to me. Just tap my foot etc. I have a guy doing it so that is always worse.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Anyone going to watch Fuller House when it airs? For those not familiar with Fuller House it's supposed to be a new incarnation of Full House starring Candace Cameron (DJ), Jodie Sweeten (Stephanie), & Andrea Barber (Kimmy Gibbler). Uncle Jesse better be on it, have mercy! Everyone keeps making a big deal about if the Olsen twins will be on it, but in my opinion they were the worst part of the show in the later years.

tumblr_mdwyd9w9551rlwlgbo1_500.gif

full-house-takedown.gif?w=696
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Last night, I couldn't sleep and I was feeling pretty depressed, and I ended up writing rather than sleeping. As I mentioned before, I often use poetry to express emotions, so I wrote a new poem. I don't feel that I can share it on Wattpad; it's too personal and I also feel that it's a little too dark for the atmosphere I try to maintain there. But I figured (well, I hope anyway...) nobody would mind if I shared it here, and some might be able relate to it. :)
    Broken
    Sometimes I think my body’s like
    A hollow husk of skin
    The pieces inside like scattered shards
    Of glass; piercing me within

They’re the thoughts that ravage me
    That tear at my heart, my soul
    Until I feel there’s nothing left
    But bloody, ragged holes

They’re the emotions; the ones that choke
    Like a damp blanket on my face
    I gasp, I panic, I try to breathe
    But all my effort goes to waste

It’s the dread that follows me
    As I go about my day
    It haunts and whispers nasty things
    And it just won’t go away

I cut my fingers as I try so hard
    To reconnect those broken shards
    With a glue of hope, of life and love
    And hope for healing with no scars

Sometimes the pain is just too much
    And I run off to hide awhile
    To cry a little, lick my wounds
    And not have to fake a smile

I take refuge in the arms of the one I love
    For him I’ll keep trying my all
    He’s always there to soothe the hurt
    And to catch me when I fall

He deserves to have the best
    So even as I sob and wish to die
    I get up and keep going through the dark
    Praying for my tears to one day dry

So back I go to try again
    Maybe today will be the day
    As long as there’s life in this broken shell
    Faith in God will lead the way
    14/06/15

This is beautiful and so sad too. I really hope one day you are able to put those pieces together.

Still waiting to catch the woman at the barn that is a counselor. She hasn't been back since her dog died. :( But her horse is still there so she will show up eventually!

I'm so glad @pofoster21 reads backwards, otherwise I would have missed this in my attempts to catch up. This is beautiful @Susieq_1994
    I wish TJMAXX would hurry up & open their store that's closer to me.

Fun fact: here it's called TK MAXX (not really that fun a fact...) They also don't seem to have as much good stuff. In America they seem to have proper cut price designer items, here it seems to be cheaper, but I think a lot of the stuff are labels I've never heard of they have made for them.

I love Marshalls. Never been a fan of TJ Maxx. You really have to watch their stuff. Lots with tears and stains etc.
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ok so I’m still catching up, but hope everyone is well.

I weighed myself this morning and I’m only 2.6 lb away from a normal BMI. I know, I know BMI is junk, but at least it’s something to measure myself with. I bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt this past weekend- it was supposed to be my “reward outfit” for losing 25 lb, but I’m only 2 lb away from that and desperately needed new jeans for work. So…17 lb left to lose til my ultimate goal and today I’m actually optimistic I can do it.

AND DH decided we need a home gym, so we’re Craigslisting everything. We got a lat pulldown machine last night and we’re getting barbell, Olympic weights, bench, and rack tonight. Still working on flooring, mirrors, and lighting, but yay! I’m AMPED for this. We’re getting everything in good shape for great prices, and I’m much more likely to work out at home than drive to the gym at 9-10 pm.

Craiglist is definitely where it's at for home gym stuff! The biggest of high fives for your accomplishments!

For flooring, check out horse stall mats! Very, very durable, and generally cheaper than gym mats. :innocent:

That is interesting. They weigh a ton though.
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    Wow, didn't check the thread and came back to almost 600 new posts! It was a good weekend, although ridiculously humid and hot here. My fun confession for the weekend - I'm not really supposed to be buying new clothes right now, while saving for the wedding and all, but I went to Target this weekend and found three summer dresses that I couldn't pass up! So I bought all three (one was clearance - that makes it ok, right?). I bought my first two maxi dresses ever, and actually think they look really good! I've always assumed they'd look bad because I'm short and widest at my hips, but these have cinched waists so they are pretty flattering. So excited!

The confession part - I only showed my fiance two of them, stuck the other right in the closet and will show him later. I figure he should have known better than to send me to Target unsupervised! haha

Edited because that was the longest run-on sentence ever

Never feel guilty for clothes shopping. It's a basic need and if it's not studied you can't be happy in your life. Maslow clearly missed that in his assessment.

Edited because I can't type on my phone apparently.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol
    I don't think anything boosts the self-esteem more than trying on and fitting into smaller sizes, and realising they actually look great!

You go Glen Coco!

The last line of this post is why I wish you were my mom, SO COOL LADY!
    Haha! It's unavoidable in my house. Anyone picking anyone else up in the car is required to shout "Get in loser, we're going shopping". We're all actually fluent in movie quotes. They come and go, but since last night was a re-watch of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, today there's lots of London slang and "It's been emotional"s.
    Me and my boyfriend just use random quotes that probably no one else knows about. For example there is a show here, not sure if you've seen it (or you may have seen the older one they did before) where they've followed people who were giving birth around the new year 2000. They show it every few years to see how the kids are growing up and developing differently. I actually really love this show and now want to know when it'll be on next. They'll be 15 now! But one year when they were about 5 or 6 they were showing them logos and one of the kids said 'i've been to tesco', in quite a sing-song way, when shown the logo for a large supermarket. We now never, ever make a trip to tesco without announcing 'i've been to tesco'.

I now feel super uncool compared to you with your lock stock quotes...
    I think I might have heard of that -my son was born in 2000 so it rings a bell - I thought at first you meant the 'x Up' programmes. I've been following those for years and years, and recently watched 56 Up. What a fascinating experiment that is - really revolutionary for the its time. Is this other one similar?

Yes, it's called child of our time, and was the same thing as the 7 up etc ones (I think basically a remake for the new millennium). Are the original ones on you tube or something then? I've watched child of our time from the beginning, but I'm too young for the others, although I didn't realise they were still going. I'd love to go back and watch them as well, I find them so fascinating.
    It's on Netflix here. Can't find it on Youtube here but here's the trailer.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C-u7reHIWs
    For anyone reading and wondering what we're talking about, it's a TV documentary that started in 1964 with a bunch of 7 year old children who were interviewed about their lives, aspirations etc. They've been followed every 7 years since, and are now 56 years old. It's really fascinating, and sometimes very surprising, to see how their lives have panned out (very diverse backgrounds - orphanages to very financially privileged kids).

Wish I'd watched it on Netflix when I was over there instead of trying and failing to get into friends again (sorry @LBuehrle8 - I know that's very offensive to you!). Anyone over there with Netflix you should definitely give it a go. I'm sure you'd also enjoy the variety of regional British accents.

Haha no offense taken but I can't understand how one cannot get into Friends! @Mohousdon did you see this?!

This scene always cracks me up! I'd die if I would see anyone in real life lunging with that many clothes on.

31db9502d48f5bf3582f39003067d42f.jpg
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Wow, didn't check the thread and came back to almost 600 new posts! It was a good weekend, although ridiculously humid and hot here. My fun confession for the weekend - I'm not really supposed to be buying new clothes right now, while saving for the wedding and all, but I went to Target this weekend and found three summer dresses that I couldn't pass up! So I bought all three (one was clearance - that makes it ok, right?). I bought my first two maxi dresses ever, and actually think they look really good! I've always assumed they'd look bad because I'm short and widest at my hips, but these have cinched waists so they are pretty flattering. So excited!

The confession part - I only showed my fiance two of them, stuck the other right in the closet and will show him later. I figure he should have known better than to send me to Target unsupervised! haha

Never feel guilty for clothes shopping. It's a basic need and if it's not studied toy can't be happy in your life. Maslow clearly missed that in his assessment.
    a5xrgzyr9vf1.jpg
    I KNOW IT'S NOT REAL DON'T SHOUT AT ME.

• Oberon21
    Options

Never feel guilty for clothes shopping. It's a basic need and if it's not studied toy can't be happy in your life. Maslow clearly missed that in his assessment.
    a5xrgzyr9vf1.jpg
    I KNOW IT'S NOT REAL DON'T SHOUT AT ME.

It's pretty darn close! Substitute horses for chocolate and diamonds for bling. The rest is perfect.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    There's always one day before my period starts where I am starving all day long and I don't stay within my calories. I eat about 300 cals more than I log on that day (still keep track and weigh, but don't log it) and I don't feel bad about it since it's only one day a month and I figure my body needs more calories on that day anyway. I don't log because I don't want to be judged! Haha.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I read a little about anti-depressants, and they scare me. It says they can cause suicidal thoughts in teens with depression. How is that going to help? I'm not ruling them out, but they definitely aren't a first-resort measure.

Meds may work for a lot of people but I'm glad you are being careful. I can't take anything because every single one I tried had bad side effects (including the one you mentioned above). If you do try any medication, tell your daughter to be honest with you about any side effects she has so you know if it is doing more harm than good.

I'll definitely be warning her about potential side effects so she can let me know right away if she experiences any. She has a doctor appointment for tomorrow morning. We joined the YMCA today and were there for about 2 hours. That was after driving between two different towns to check out the Y and a gym. It's the most I've seen her out of her room in months.
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I remove everything and relax on my bed in a dark room for 15 minutes or so. Then I put on a comfy cute little dress and go about my evening. Some people think I'm dressed up, nahhh just very comfortable. My daughter asked me the other day if I always wear a dress grocery shopping (just now noticing?!?) I explained my reasoning. Last night she got home and changed into a little dress and said "Oh, I get it now!" Comfy without giving up style. Win-win.

Edit: I do put on bra/panties before putting on the dress. I love beautiful undergarments.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Can someone PLEASE explain what this jail thing is, what is means?

Jail means they've violated some forum guideline(s) if I remember right. Don't quote me on that, though.

But how do you know? I looked at JPW1990's photo, and it didn't look any different.....didn't someone say it was from their profile photo??

I was the one that mentioned it. I noticed on the thread that she had bars over her profile pic. Not sure exactly what you have to do to get there, but know that it's a result of violating forum guidelines.

@Italian_Buju It depends on where you're looking at their photo from, and whether you're on the app or the laptop. If you go to their profile, their photo is the same--only the profile picture in the forums will have bars over them. On the app, the "jail" bars often cover up their whole post, so you can't read it at all. Just a second, I'll go check in the main forums to see if I can get a screenshot for you.

Found one!
    a9809wvdqkdb.png

That you so much! I went to her page and didn't see anything I was so confused! So I guess that is why we have not seen her post.....hope she gets out soon....I wonder how long that takes!

She can still post. If you use the app you can't see the post. But if you use the website, you can.

Well isn't that a strange rule.....
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

I've been so busy today and am trying to catchup!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    So I got into a car accident on Friday and damaged my car to where I can't legally drive it. Both the girl and I are ok and we exchanged information and no damage to either of us but, damn. I didn't need this. 300 deductible as well for the shop :/

I hope you are okay. What a mess. I hope everything works out okay.

Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I'm only going to work for about an hour and a half today. I have an abscessed tooth to the point where half my face is swollen.
    Since I don't have a dentist or a doctor at the moment, I guess it's hours in emergency for me this morning. Since all the walk ins require you to be a patient of their Clinic.

Ouch. That is painful. I’m glad you are getting it worked on though. I know those can get bad/deadly. I’m really afraid of dentist so in the past I’ve used this stuff I’ve found at Walgreens called Red Cross Toothache that has helped with the pain. (Please don’t flag me for spam haha) It worked for me so it may be worth a try. It tastes gross though.

I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you were able to talk with him, but the whole situations just sucks. :(

Thank you. You all have helped me more than you know. I was very therapeutic to be able to talk to someone about everything. I’m trying not to talk about it too much here though because I don’t want a pity party.

What you are going through is super hard, I do not think anyone here would feel that way!