Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've abandoned trying to keep up - it's bothering me to do so, but this was becoming my only work break, and I like variety in my work-break life :) Hope all is well with everyone (and hope things gt better soon for those of you who had bad weekends).

@Tubbs216 and @FluffySandwich - so this whole visa/work-permit processing thing is completely foreign (but curious) to me. So if something takes over 4 years to process, are you still allowed to work where you currently live, as long as you are in process? And you have to pay to apply to live in another country, not like a $20 processing fee or something? Obviously, ignore me or tell me it's none of my business, but I knew we aren't allowed to just say " hey I want to live in this country now" but I didn't think it was that difficult/costly/time-consuming.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Do any of you actually send messages to your MFP friends if they've disappeared for a period of time? There are a couple people that I like and would hate to see quit, but I'm not sure what to say and if it's weird to send them a "where are you" message.

Yes. Most of the time, I don't get a response. But I figure, when they come back it might help knowing that someone was concerned while they were gone.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    I was up 1.6 lbs. from the last time I weighed myself this morning. I was pretty sad about that considering I kept a decent deficit this weekend. I'm sure it's because of all the sodium, stupid delicious Five Guys and dumb delicious Target popcorn.

My husband was doing to calorie counting thing and just stopped. He's since gained back 11 of the 19 lbs. he lost. I'm sad because he doesn't even seem to care now after he was so motivated and successful right off the bat.
  • MrFitness225
    MrFitness225 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I never log my exercise calories. It's because I usually do yoga and weight lifting, which aren't big calorie burners. I do log my formal yoga class once a week - because it kicks my butt.

Weight lifting is a big calorie burner.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks @MoHousdon and @Glinda1971. Tomorrow will be better. I had a friend die of a heart attack, it was my son's weekend with his dad (that's never a good thing) and I ate way to much. On a positive note though I was down a half pound on my weigh in this morning.

So sorry to hear about your friend. Congrats on the 1/2 lb. though.

Ditto!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've abandoned trying to keep up - it's bothering me to do so, but this was becoming my only work break, and I like variety in my work-break life :) Hope all is well with everyone (and hope things gt better soon for those of you who had bad weekends).

@Tubbs216 and @FluffySandwich - so this whole visa/work-permit processing thing is completely foreign (but curious) to me. So if something takes over 4 years to process, are you still allowed to work where you currently live, as long as you are in process? And you have to pay to apply to live in another country, not like a $20 processing fee or something? Obviously, ignore me or tell me it's none of my business, but I knew we aren't allowed to just say " hey I want to live in this country now" but I didn't think it was that difficult/costly/time-consuming.
    Well my experience is of moving to Canada permanently from the UK. Fluffy, I believe, is on a temporary visa (student visa maybe?) so that's different. Yes, it costs many hundreds of dollars, you have to have medicals and there are strict age, educational and financial guidelines applied, so it's not an easy process. Being part of the E.U. we could have gone anywhere in Europe without having to jump through any of these hoops, but for us it had to be Canada :)

Getting a US Green Card is, I believe, even harder.

ETA, yes, while you're waiting for your application to process, life just goes on wherever you're living at the time. We remain UK citizens so will always have the right to return and live and work there whenever we want. That was important for us, as our children will have choices.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Thanks @MoHousdon and @Glinda1971. Tomorrow will be better. I had a friend die of a heart attack, it was my son's weekend with his dad (that's never a good thing) and I ate way to much. On a positive note though I was down a half pound on my weigh in this morning.

Oh, no. I am so very sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself. <3
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol

HATE the continuing ed stuff. But, it must be done. That long for test results is crazy! We get an immediate pass/fail result on the screen as soon as the test is completed. I still tend to hold my breath for that brief moment in fear of seeing "FAIL"! Thankfully, 17 years in the same industry, and so far so good.

Congrats on the new clothes and enjoying the experience!

Truth.

Good thing is it was step 3 of 5 towards an important designation, AND covered 20 of the 24 hr CE requirement. (Well, "good thing" kind of hinges on whether or not I passed, lol)

Thanks for the congrats. I still view work clothes as a "uniform" - I'm a T shirt, jeans & flip flops guy outside of the office. I have one suit that I joke is my "Wedding/Funeral/Court Appearance uniform."

I light rail / bike to work every day - at 3:45 I go upstairs & change into a tank & shorts for the ride home.

Basically, my mission is to stay in grownup clothes for as short of a time as possible!

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png
    Ever since I saw this video, when I see pictures like that I always wonder if it's really ice cream or mashed potatoes instead.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuBzXxzTAp0
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

Well my experience is of moving to Canada permanently from the UK. Fluffy, I believe, is on a temporary visa (student visa maybe?) so that's different. Yes, it costs many hundreds of dollars, you have to have medicals and there are strict age, educational and financial guidelines applied, so it's not an easy process. Being part of the E.U. we could have gone anywhere in Europe without having to jump through any of these hoops, but for us it had to be Canada :)

ETA, yes, while you're waiting for your application to process, life just goes on wherever you're living at the time. We remain UK citizens so will always have the right to return and live and work there whenever we want. That was important for us, as our children will have choices.
    Yep, I had my student work permit (which is about to expire in September). I also hold a temporary student work permit that expires at the same time. Now I have applied for a post-graduate work permit (so many permits!). If I hadn't gone to school here, I believe it would be much harder for me to go forward with this. I had to prove I know an advanced-intermediate level of French, pay over a thousand dollars (so far... this doesn't even include my application for permanent residency), and gather up tons of documents and make sure I was eligible for everything because they indeed have strict guidelines.

Being a US citizen might also make it easier for me than people from other countries, since we have a close relationship with Canada.... but I'm not sure about that :/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry :(
    I was up 1.6 lbs. from the last time I weighed myself this morning. I was pretty sad about that considering I kept a decent deficit this weekend. I'm sure it's because of all the sodium, stupid delicious Five Guys and dumb delicious Target popcorn.

My husband was doing to calorie counting thing and just stopped. He's since gained back 11 of the 19 lbs. he lost. I'm sad because he doesn't even seem to care now after he was so motivated and successful right off the bat.

My husband bought an exercise bike and everything... he lost 10 pounds a year ago, didn't want to count calories though... then he just pretty much gave up. He really has no excuse, he still watches TV, I don't know why he can't just sit his butt on the bike, but what can you do. He's never done so good on the diet front though... always ordering the 2000 calorie dishes at restaurants... ugh.

For the weight gain, honestly I only weigh myself the week after my period ends so I don't see all the water weight gains. I know it's so frustrating when you don't lose after a great week though. I had a fantastic month (in March I think?) and didn't lose a pound, when I should have lost 2. I'm still upset about it.

Confession - I'm due to weigh in a week actually and I'm scared, I have no idea what the scale is going to say. I know that I was 5 pounds up with clothes on and after breakfast and during PMS when I was at the hospital though so I guess it can't be THAT bad... and my clothes still fit the same... maybe a bit better even.

Then I'm going in vacations in 3 weeks and last year it totally threw me off (I gained 2 pounds and actually haven't seen my pre-vacation weight since), so I'm pretty worried it's going to be a disaster again this time.

Confession - I'm actually pretty angry about it. Vacations used to be a fantastic time of going out and enjoying good foods, and now it's totally ruined for me and I know I can't 'enjoy it' without feeling guilty anymore.

Last confession - hurried home from the gym because my mom was supposed to call... 47 minutes ago. Still haven't got my shower, and she still hasn't called, and I'm getting peeved.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    My student loan payment just bumped up almost $200. Crap! I wasn't ready for that... :s
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Yep, I had my student work permit (which is about to expire in September). I also hold a temporary student work permit that expires at the same time. Now I have applied for a post-graduate work permit (so many permits!). If I hadn't gone to school here, I believe it would be much harder for me to go forward with this. I had to prove I know an advanced-intermediate level of French, pay over a thousand dollars (so far... this doesn't even include my application for permanent residency), and gather up tons of documents and make sure I was eligible for everything because they indeed have strict guidelines.

Being a US citizen might also make it easier for me than people from other countries, since we have a close relationship with Canada.... but I'm not sure about that :/

Thanks @Tubbs216 and @FluffySandwich! I knew it was hard to get a Green Card in the US, but I just thought that was because we were being jerks. I didn't know it took so much work in other countries, too.
  • april10472
    april10472 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    I confess...

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

I agree with the blondies, I don't get them, and YUM for The Tonight Dough. I will be on the look out for that for sure!

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    BZAH did you really send a scale to that single dad on the other thread? You're awesome.
    Also, sounds like everyone needs a visit from our special friend, Mr Shark:
    c33t4bpcs7g4.jpg

Thank you Mr Shark. I feel much better now :D
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I confess...

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I confess...

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...