Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.
  • vixmurphy
    vixmurphy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My partner and I train and eat clean together, we also have a weekly cheat meal. After cheat meal last friday i woke up on saturday morning and threw it all out of the apartment so that he wouldnt eat any of it on Sat! When he asked i said we ate it all bahahahah
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:

Ha, that's so me. And my husband, too! I just throw an abaya over my PJs if someone shows up, so nobody knows... ;) (Not true. If it's a woman, she totally knows. Because she does it too.)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ... I totally own this page.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I wish TJMAXX would hurry up & open their store that's closer to me.

Fun fact: here it's called TK MAXX (not really that fun a fact...) They also don't seem to have as much good stuff. In America they seem to have proper cut price designer items, here it seems to be cheaper, but I think a lot of the stuff are labels I've never heard of they have made for them.
    I always wondered about that. In Canada it's called Winners. I rarely have the patience to shop there - I find it a bit of a jumble/rummage sale.

I'm the same. I don't like the sales either. It's always just chaos!
  • girldownsouth
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I'm trying to behave and focus on work....

I'm also doing serious research. This research is about what chocolates to bring to a wine and chocolate pairing that will be part of my SO (and I's) 4th of Jul party. I got very distracted with some truffles. Just the pictures and descriptions. The only sweet I care for at all is dark chocolate. Fine. Dark. Chocolate. I saw a truffle called Naked Hottie Fudge Truffle. One called Blame Canada. One called E=mc^2. Must get back to work. I have another mini-vacation coming up this Friday - Tues and need to get stuff done. Chocolate.
    ygk770grgw2n.jpg
    Also, what has Canada done?!

"A delicious, handmade maple dark chocolate fudge truffle sprinkled with turbinado sugar. This product is gluten, corn syrup and preservative free! 5 truffles per box."
    Yeah, that other fudge one sounds more appealing to me, but then I prefer milk chocolate, so I'm probably not invited to your party, which sounds awesome, by the way.
    ETA, although if I were invited I'd be tempted to make both Bailey's and Champage truffles.
    [/quote
    I'm trying to behave and focus on work....

I'm also doing serious research. This research is about what chocolates to bring to a wine and chocolate pairing that will be part of my SO (and I's) 4th of Jul party. I got very distracted with some truffles. Just the pictures and descriptions. The only sweet I care for at all is dark chocolate. Fine. Dark. Chocolate. I saw a truffle called Naked Hottie Fudge Truffle. One called Blame Canada. One called E=mc^2. Must get back to work. I have another mini-vacation coming up this Friday - Tues and need to get stuff done. Chocolate.
    ygk770grgw2n.jpg
    Also, what has Canada done?!

"A delicious, handmade maple dark chocolate fudge truffle sprinkled with turbinado sugar. This product is gluten, corn syrup and preservative free! 5 truffles per box."
    Yeah, that other fudge one sounds more appealing to me, but then I prefer milk chocolate, so I'm probably not invited to your party, which sounds awesome, by the way.
    ETA, although if I were invited I'd be tempted to make both Bailey's and Champage truffles.

Yum!!! Come on over with your truffles! :smiley:
    I'm excited. It is the first event that "we've" done and he's planning most of it based around the chocolate/wine pairings. I think it will be just 4 or 5 of us (my daughter is trying to join for the chocolate and the food if her father will let her. It is her father's scheduled day so I doubt she will be able to join us.) SO's house is situated where several fireworks shows can be seen from his pool (ok, I find that freaking wonderful) and there will be plentiful good eats because the reason I'm here is I'm dating a foodie and I put on 2 - 3 lbs after a year of dating him. The other couple he invited (and it could end up being three other couples) are close friends of his and very nice people.

Confession: I am having a hard time finding time to make women friends. I moved here for grad school and made great friends. They all took jobs all over the country and world. They are still great friends, just far away. My three best friends from before grad school live in three different states. I have 1 - 2 evenings or weekend days a month that I could do things and would love to do things to slowly build friendships here. I've tried (and will keep trying) meetup.com but so far, while I've had a nice time and even joined a kickball league I've not meet anyone to even start slowly building a friendship. I work in a male dominated field and have some guy friends but I'm missing women friends and as I am in a serious committed relationship am not really looking to hang out with other men.

Edit - I don't know what I did to the quotes...

I get exactly what you mean. I work with a bunch of men, I've met a good girlfriend at work, but she works in a different office 200 miles away. A lot of my school friends don't live too far, but we rarely do things without the boys.

Although I'd never heard of that website, but it's here too, and there's a group that plays badminton and netball nearby, so going to look into that. Thanks!!

ETA: I also have no idea what I've done to the quotes!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

That only happens when I'm wearing a bra that doesn't fit properly...
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol
    I don't think anything boosts the self-esteem more than trying on and fitting into smaller sizes, and realising they actually look great!

You go Glen Coco!

The last line of this post is why I wish you were my mom, SO COOL LADY!
    Haha! It's unavoidable in my house. Anyone picking anyone else up in the car is required to shout "Get in loser, we're going shopping". We're all actually fluent in movie quotes. They come and go, but since last night was a re-watch of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, today there's lots of London slang and "It's been emotional"s.
    Me and my boyfriend just use random quotes that probably no one else knows about. For example there is a show here, not sure if you've seen it (or you may have seen the older one they did before) where they've followed people who were giving birth around the new year 2000. They show it every few years to see how the kids are growing up and developing differently. I actually really love this show and now want to know when it'll be on next. They'll be 15 now! But one year when they were about 5 or 6 they were showing them logos and one of the kids said 'i've been to tesco', in quite a sing-song way, when shown the logo for a large supermarket. We now never, ever make a trip to tesco without announcing 'i've been to tesco'.

I now feel super uncool compared to you with your lock stock quotes...
    I think I might have heard of that -my son was born in 2000 so it rings a bell - I thought at first you meant the 'x Up' programmes. I've been following those for years and years, and recently watched 56 Up. What a fascinating experiment that is - really revolutionary for the its time. Is this other one similar?

Yes, it's called child of our time, and was the same thing as the 7 up etc ones (I think basically a remake for the new millennium). Are the original ones on you tube or something then? I've watched child of our time from the beginning, but I'm too young for the others, although I didn't realise they were still going. I'd love to go back and watch them as well, I find them so fascinating.
    It's on Netflix here. Can't find it on Youtube here but here's the trailer.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C-u7reHIWs
    For anyone reading and wondering what we're talking about, it's a TV documentary that started in 1964 with a bunch of 7 year old children who were interviewed about their lives, aspirations etc. They've been followed every 7 years since, and are now 56 years old. It's really fascinating, and sometimes very surprising, to see how their lives have panned out (very diverse backgrounds - orphanages to very financially privileged kids).

Wish I'd watched it on Netflix when I was over there instead of trying and failing to get into friends again (sorry @LBuehrle8 - I know that's very offensive to you!). Anyone over there with Netflix you should definitely give it a go. I'm sure you'd also enjoy the variety of regional British accents.

Haha no offense taken but I can't understand how one cannot get into Friends! @Mohousdon did you see this?!

I did now. I can't make that make sense in my brain.

I tried when it was first on and then again. I like other stuff, like how I met your mother and modern family. And I don't actively dislike friends, I think I watched about 10 episodes on Netflix, just never really found I was that bothered about it.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Ok so I’m still catching up, but hope everyone is well.

I weighed myself this morning and I’m only 2.6 lb away from a normal BMI. I know, I know BMI is junk, but at least it’s something to measure myself with. I bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt this past weekend- it was supposed to be my “reward outfit” for losing 25 lb, but I’m only 2 lb away from that and desperately needed new jeans for work. So…17 lb left to lose til my ultimate goal and today I’m actually optimistic I can do it.

AND DH decided we need a home gym, so we’re Craigslisting everything. We got a lat pulldown machine last night and we’re getting barbell, Olympic weights, bench, and rack tonight. Still working on flooring, mirrors, and lighting, but yay! I’m AMPED for this. We’re getting everything in good shape for great prices, and I’m much more likely to work out at home than drive to the gym at 9-10 pm.

Craiglist is definitely where it's at for home gym stuff! The biggest of high fives for your accomplishments!

For flooring, check out horse stall mats! Very, very durable, and generally cheaper than gym mats. :innocent:

That is interesting. They weigh a ton though.

On the original quote I had to read back to look who wrote it and was surprised it was not you @pofoster21!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Good for you. Well done! How did you feel after?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Oh, so you can post when you are in jail? What exactly does it do then? I assumed it prevented you from posting....
    It's like Fight Club - you can't talk about it.
    I think when in jail you can only make a certain number of posts in a certain timeframe. JPW nod once if that's right, twice if it's wrong.

No, you just have jail bars so you can be publicly shamed.

But if you can't tell us why you are in jail how do we avoid it? Where are the rules? Are they posted anywhere? I always figured it was due to complaints. Like too many people complained about what you were saying.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok so I’m still catching up, but hope everyone is well.

I weighed myself this morning and I’m only 2.6 lb away from a normal BMI. I know, I know BMI is junk, but at least it’s something to measure myself with. I bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt this past weekend- it was supposed to be my “reward outfit” for losing 25 lb, but I’m only 2 lb away from that and desperately needed new jeans for work. So…17 lb left to lose til my ultimate goal and today I’m actually optimistic I can do it.

AND DH decided we need a home gym, so we’re Craigslisting everything. We got a lat pulldown machine last night and we’re getting barbell, Olympic weights, bench, and rack tonight. Still working on flooring, mirrors, and lighting, but yay! I’m AMPED for this. We’re getting everything in good shape for great prices, and I’m much more likely to work out at home than drive to the gym at 9-10 pm.

Craiglist is definitely where it's at for home gym stuff! The biggest of high fives for your accomplishments!

For flooring, check out horse stall mats! Very, very durable, and generally cheaper than gym mats. :innocent:

That is interesting. They weigh a ton though.

On the original quote I had to read back to look who wrote it and was surprised it was not you @pofoster21!

I was surprised someone else knew about them too!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:

I change into PJs as soon as I get home too, and I do not get embarrassed at all....why am I gonna sit around in clothes at home??

I like the way you think. In fact, we should be able to wear PJs in public. Maximum comfort for everyone, always.

Around here people do. At least pajama bottoms....
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    It's past 5 AM and I'm still awake. I might as well just not go to sleep tonight. I've been exhausted since like 9 PM but nope no sleep for me. Wheeeeeee.e
    So I got into a car accident on Friday and damaged my car to where I can't legally drive it. Both the girl and I are ok and we exchanged information and no damage to either of us but, damn. I didn't need this. 300 deductible as well for the shop :/
    To top it off I talked to my manager about not being able to get to work til Thursday when my car gets back from the shop and she said she could give me the days off.
    Well come schedule time, guess what days she put me working?? I'm like did you forget or what? Ugh. Told her unless someone picks me up I can't get there and I have no friends here. Not my week. I have several doubles this week too so it'll be stress.

I also ate an entire cookies and cream gelato pint from taleni. It was delicious, but I was self medicating with food. Whoops, but it was good.
    GOD I NEED A VACATION. / endrant

Sorry for this but glad you were ok!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Ugh it cut my post off. My question was does anyone have ONLY Netflix or Hulu? How does that work for you??

I only have Netflix and it works perfect for me!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I did. If I caught an SO doing that? Buhbye!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

Shoot you'd be my best friend! I LOVE scents, that's typically what I ask for around birthday/Christmas- You can never have too much Tory Burch!!

Edited for spelling :s

Do you own any of her flats? If so, are they comfy?

My biggest designer regret was buying Joe Jeans, because the butt got extremely saggy. Luckily I bought them at www.6pm.com & didn't pay full retail.

I give way too much money to 6pm.com :/ And yes I have two pairs of her flats and they're comfy - I love all her stuff!

Oh my sweet Pete! Why did I have to look?! I'll be back later. I have some on-line shopping to do. :neutral:

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I would love to get rid of cable (the only option here). I hate it - it's all commercials, crappy reality stuff or reruns. I keep reading about Apple TV but don't quite get how it works. I like a few actual channels (TLC - NO JUDGEMENT, REMEMBER), HGTV, that kind of stuff, plus news and weather. The rest I'd be quite happy to get off Netflix, which in my opinion is the bargain of the century for how much we use it.

I'm just waiting for the new crtc rules to come into affect. Where you don't have to get packages if channels to get one. Out of the multitude of channels we have, we probably pvr from about 12. And I pvr everything I watch now so I can skip the commercials.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options

Ha, that's so me. And my husband, too! I just throw an abaya over my PJs if someone shows up, so nobody knows... ;) (Not true. If it's a woman, she totally knows. Because she does it too.)

This is actual genius.